George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace

+6
lelacorb
sisieq
Dexterdidit
it's me
Katiedot
watching
10 posters

Go down

Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace Empty Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace

Post by watching Thu 19 Jan 2012, 07:25

Model Mini Me! Cindy Crawford’s 10-Year-Old Daughter Strikes A Pose For Versace
Posted on Jan 18, 2012 @ 05:00PM
Splash News/Young Versace By Radar Staff

Like mommy, like daughter!

Cindy Crawford’s daughter Kaia Gerber is only 10 years old and is already making her modeling debut! The supermodel spawn is featured in a new ad for Young Versace, looking like a spitting image of her mother – and RadarOnline.com has the photo.

Looking much older than her age, Kaia Gerber, who is Cindy’s first daughter with hotelier Rande Gerber, wears designer duds from the iconic fashion brand’s youth targeted collection.

Cindy has also modeled for Versace and was featured in a campaign shot by Richard Avedon back in the early 1990s.

"I'm so thrilled that Kaia was chosen to be part of the first Young Versace campaign,” Cindy stated in a press release. “I have so many fond memories of the times I spent with Gianni and Donatella. There is something so very special about the House of Versace. Being on-set with my daughter watching her in front of the camera was a fantastic experience. I am so proud of her."

Source
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace Empty Re: Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace

Post by watching Thu 19 Jan 2012, 07:51

Mailonline write up

Cindy Crawford's daughter, Kaia, makes modelling debut aged TEN in Versace campaign
By Tamara Abraham Last updated at 3:35 PM on 18th January 2012

As the daughter of Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber, Kaia was always going to be a beauty. Now, at the tender age of ten, she has made her modelling debut. Posing for the very first Young Versace ad, Kaia appears to have inherited her mother's confidence in front of the camera.

Wearing highlights from the designer line, which caters to children up to the age of 12, she stares boldly at the lens with her hands in her pockets. Given that her mother was a muse to the late Gianni Versace in the Nineties, it seems Kaia was a natural choice for the label - and Ms Crawford could not be more proud that her daughter is following in her footsteps.

She said in a press release: 'I'm so thrilled that Kaia was chosen to be part of the first Young Versace Campaign. 'I have so many fond memories of the times I spent with Gianni and Donatella. There is something so very special about the House of Versace.'

She added that she was present throughout the shoot, describing it as a 'fantastic experience'. 'I am so proud of her,' she revealed.

The label's creative director, Donatella Versace, said Kaia has inherited all of her mother's modelling magic. She said: 'Like her mother, Kaia has a very special gift. The camera really, really loves her. 'Having Cindy on-set for the shoot took me back to all the amazing Avedon shoots we worked on together. It was such a special treat watching Kaia walk in her mother's footsteps!'

The campaign was shot by famed fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. It follows the opening of the first Young Versace boutique in Milan, Italy.

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace Empty Re: Cindy's 10 year old daughter modelling for Versace

Post by Katiedot Thu 19 Jan 2012, 08:59

I don't know. 10 seems to be such an awfully young age to go into this line of work. Is she done being a child now?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:02

Let's hope the gig is more a PR gimmick for the fashion house then the kid getting into the industry career-wise as a child model.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Jan 2012, 12:38

hope me too
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 19 Jan 2012, 23:30

I hope so she is a little young to get into such a nasty and body important industry. She really needs to grow into her looks and have fun. I would hate to be 10 and be worried about eating and obsessed with always being fashionable. Hopefully Cindy will keep an eye on her and this was just a fun girly thing for them to do together.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Jan 2012, 23:31

again
we hope!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 20 Jan 2012, 20:16

I'm sure Cindi will watch over her. Though, let's hope it doesn't go to her head and she rebels against Cindy's advice.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 20 Jan 2012, 21:31

Poor child, she has only ten years and for me it's just a girl!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sat 21 Jan 2012, 00:51

If this is a PR thing, then it is OK. But, Cindy, do not let your daughter be a child model. If you do, then later on, you will both regret having her miss her childhood years. If she wants to do this when she is college-age then, fine. She will have the maturity to make the right decisions for herself.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 21 Jan 2012, 04:33

Does anyone besides me remember(CRS)??? GMA??? Where CC was on to promote??? and the subject came up of her then much younger daughter posing/modeling bikinis, and the backlash she(CC) was getting for allowing her daughter to pose topless? Her response "my husband say's just don't expose her to ???? if this is the reaction! Reading over my post reminds me of Pari. love u Pari.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fadelite Sat 21 Jan 2012, 08:46

I remember that Lucy. I'm kinda surprise she's letting her daughter model again, while she is still sooo young! I found the bikinis ones distasteful. The one with the string bikini and topless one were the worst IMHO. Not crazy about the new picture either, the angle of it doesn't seem appropriate. Plus high fashion shouldn't be something push or promoted to kids. Girls are have body images issues younger and younger these days, OMG just them let be kids. It's crazy! No

fadelite
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Jan 2012, 13:34

MM wrote:If this is a PR thing, then it is OK. But, Cindy, do not let your daughter be a child model. If you do, then later on, you will both regret having her miss her childhood years. If she wants to do this when she is college-age then, fine. She will have the maturity to make the right decisions for herself.

I agree

and (if her mother can stay 'neutral') it will be a totally free decision

even unconsciously mothers can drive
kids choices
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 21 Jan 2012, 13:55

Just took a look at the source, wow she is a mini me, with her mom being CC she's got a future in modeling, so why not let her grow up first it's not like she needs the money to pay for college.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 21 Jan 2012, 14:24

sadly no
it isn't a money issue either
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 16 Feb 2012, 08:37

I guess she conceded to the backlash from the minivan majority who where all up in arms about the kid being too young.

Cindy Crawford Suspending 10-Year-Old Daughter’s Modeling Career, ‘She’s Too Young’
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Feb 15, 2012 @ 01:00PM print it send it
Splash NewsBy Leah Ornstein - Radar Style & Beauty Editor

Looks like Kaia Gerber is going to have to wait a few years before she becomes a supermodel like her mom!

After attracting massive amounts of attention for her Young Versace advertising campaign, Cindy Crawford has revealed that she is putting her 10-year-old’s modeling career on hold – and RadarOnline.com has the details.

“At this point, she’s too young to pursue a career,” the 45-year-old supermodel told The Daily about her “mini me”. “There aren’t even a handful of jobs for a 10-year-old girl.”

However, Crawford isn’t against the idea of Kaia following in her footsteps down the catwalk in the future.

“But if she’s 17 and wants to try it, of course, what can I say?”

Crawford continued about her daughter: “She kind of jokingly said - I'm not even sure if it was jokingly - 'I might model first because you don't have to know how to do anything, but then I want to be a baby nurse.' “

"I'm so thrilled that Kaia was chosen to be part of the first Young Versace campaign,” Cindy stated in a press release about Kaia’s Versace campaign at the time of release.

“I have so many fond memories of the times I spent with Gianni and Donatella. There is something so very special about the House of Versace. Being on-set with my daughter watching her in front of the camera was a fantastic experience. I am so proud of her."

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 16 Feb 2012, 12:30

I think she (and hubby, I guess) took the right decision

bec the whole decison have to be by the girl
when she will be more mature to make a REAL choice

(I'm now thinking about Drew Barrymore
different carreer and success, I know, maybe family too
but it has to be taken in mind)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Mar 2012, 16:20

I just watched Cindy on the Sunday Morning news show. She said that after Kaia's photo shoot, she thought to herself, "she's got my old skin, she's got my old legs, she's got my old hair..." So, that's the real reason she doesn't want Kaia modeling. She's jealous... JMHAO
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 05 Mar 2012, 13:31

Kaia will follow Brooke Shields if she becomes a child model. I think that Brooke Shields regrets not having a typical childhood, but that was her mother's doing. Cindy, PLEASE let Kaia have a normal childhood, because she will have a one-time shot at childhood.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down