George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris)

+30
doris day
davidarochelle
sadDonkey
Henway
Natascha
Atalante
pandabear
lelacorb
cindigirl
pattygirl
silly girl
Pari
MM
Cinderella
Joanna
Missa
it's me
lovelylois
bellybaby
Ello
watching
lucy
Katiedot
m4rose
sisieq
phys major
Dexterdidit
playfuldeb
melbert
The next mrs clooney
34 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris)

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 14:03

bellybaby wrote:Have to disagree with you, Katie, there are too many people in the world that actually do have talent, like George's buddies, that deserve a shot to show it, yet never get an opportunity cuz they don't "know the right people". For that, I'd applaud George for giving them the opportunity.

What's shameful is that George tends to use his power to push his talentless girlfriends into roles that they don't deserve. And again, is Seriously CC taking any acting lessons? I haven't heard of anything like that. So, don't really think she's interested in actually being relevant in Hollywood.

Her ambition is the same as Eli's. Seriously just does it with a Stepford Smile. Very Happy
I don't think we are disagreeing. You're right that there are a lot of talented people in the world who don't become a success and I agree it's a shame.

My only feeling is that we all know that no matter what profession you're working in it takes more than just talent to make it to the top. It takes drive, a will to succeed and the desire to introduce yourself to those who can (and will!) help you. And to keep pushing. Oh, and luck.

I would also question whether George is actually pushing his girlfriends. If you date George, you automatically become famous and a person of interest. That happens whether they want it or not. It will happen to anyone, regardless of what they do. This seems to be something that some of his fans just don't seem to understand.

If George dated a microbiologist for example, she's still be in all the magazine and red carpet interviews, but dating him wouldn't have such a significant positive impact on her career. However, if he's dating someone where part of their job description is being seen and name checked in the media then it does have a huge impact on her career. Sadly George seems to prefer wannabes over microbiologist. What can I say?

Stacy's doing what she's been doing for some years I guess; making the transition from wrestler to being a celebrity (or is it actress? I'm not sure). Now she's dating George she has a much broader field to play and I'm sure casting directors are now seeing her when they wouldn't before and so on. George isn't directly responsible for that and couldn't stop it if he wanted to. But why should he want to? He helps his friends and co-workers when he can, so why not his girlfriend? He's struggled for many years and knows how hard it is to succeed.

As for Stacy, there's no way of knowing what she's up to. As someone else said, at leat 90% of what she does it completely unknown to us so just assuming that she's never taken an acting class or whatever is a little bit weird IMO.

And to anyone who's about to say that thanks to her twitter we know what she does, that's absolute cowpoop. Her tweets don't mention more than about 5 hours worth of activies a week. That's barely one afternoon. What she does for the other six and half days a week is not known.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy Signs with WME (William Morris)

Post by cindigirl Wed 18 Jan 2012, 15:07

Missa wrote:She might not be bad on one of those entertainment shows, like Extra or Access Hollywood, as one of their correspondents.

THAT'S who she reminds me of - she's a female Mario Lopez with the smile.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 18 Jan 2012, 15:07

I agree with you bellybaby, that's exactly what he does. There are precious few opportunities for people with talent and George uses a position of great influence to promote women with none. More than that, as the man every man wants to be, he is reinforcing the already popular idea that the perfect girlfriend looks good, says nothing and has no worthwhile career of her own. Thanks George. Dumb women turn you on? Do us all a favour and keep it to yourself.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 15:37

Amen to that!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 18 Jan 2012, 16:10

Are you sure these women are dumb? They are ambitious, take advantage of opportunities that come their way. How different are they from the modern businesswoman, or even businessman? We all have ambitions of some degree, and surely are willing to take advantages of opportunities presented (within reason). Both SK and EC have college credits (not sure of graduation degrees) so we know they have intelligence. Perhaps a bit short on common sense in some ways, but aren't we all sometimes.
George dates a pretty girl, she gets noticed. George likes pretty girls, but don't all men. He doesn't intend to marry and procreate, unlike most men, so he can have all the pleasure he likes, all the fun.
The girls take advanatage of the opportunities presented, and in this thread, that seems to condemn them.
I existed in a military world, where promotion was achieved only by passing exams with a high score. However, after promotion was achieved, I still managed to advance myself within my rate by taking advantage of opportunities presented. That's just the way of the world.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 18 Jan 2012, 16:33

I don't begrudge the women taking advantage of the opportunities at all. Ambition and determination are valuable qualities, but they are not ends in themselves. Businesswomen, and men, do something, make something, provide a service. They don't just sell themselves. They use ambition and determination for a purpose.

All men like pretty girls, yes. Is that all women are? By championing pretty girls with no discernible talent except for self-promotion, George is sustaining that belief. Some men like pretty girls with brains. George doesn't. It reflects badly on him. How he acts on that belief does no favours for talented women trying to make a career in Hollywood.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 18 Jan 2012, 16:44

And am I sure she's dumb? Have you read her tweets? It's some consolation to know that George is paying for his sins by having to listen to that inane babble in real time.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 18 Jan 2012, 16:59

Does George help grow careers of just about any "pretty girl"? OR ALL the "girls" he comes across that need the help (as in Mass Programs) OR just those ones that give him great sex?

Does George help enhance careers of "pretty girls" he has dated, ONLY during the time he dates them? OR even after? As in you know, take the keen interest to ensure a "pretty girl"'s career flourishes long and strong... even after "breaking up" / alleged "Contract" has been closed? As in "really care"...?

"Ambition" and "taking advantage of opportunities" exist everywhere... in every field... whether humanitarian or in terrorism... Will George help "murder" someone (life / career / health / etc) because, he wants to help the "killer" who is "ambitious" and is great with "taking advantage of opportunities"???

The answers (yes, no, maybe, not applicable, etc) are pretty much visible I guess... Smile

Last edited by Pari on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 17:33; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 18 Jan 2012, 17:05

"All" men like "pretty girls"... scratch May be... Unsure really... Smile

Would men prefer "beautiful" anyday, anytime??? Surely? Smile

[and everyone is more beautiful than pretty most times... na? Very Happy]

Last edited by Pari on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 17:37; edited 2 times in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 17:12

Ello wrote:And am I sure she's dumb? Have you read her tweets? It's some consolation to know that George is paying for his sins by having to listen to that inane babble in real time.
Gotta disagree with you there a bit. There are very few people who sound intelligent on twitter.

If we were to judge people's intelligence by their tweets alone we'd have to conclude that just about everyone is dumb.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 18 Jan 2012, 17:57

Maybe its the people who choose to tweet that give that impression. Those people who most think we need to hear their every waking thought are the least likely to have anything worth hearing?
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 18:04

I think it's more just because twitter is a slice of everyday conversation. How many of us sound intelligent when talking about ourselves in a chatty way to friends? Especially if limited to only 140 characters?

It's a lot like facebook status updates. If you're on facebook, take a look at your friends' updates and ask yourself if they would demonstrate intelligence if you didn't know that person.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 18 Jan 2012, 18:07

it was decent of twitter to compile a register of them, to forewarn the rest of us.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 18:10

LOL!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 18 Jan 2012, 18:11

Yes indeed, but there a legion of people who tweet to the world, Stacy is one, precisely because they think they have something interesting to say. Like 99% of the people who think that, she is wrong.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 18 Jan 2012, 18:12

cindigirl wrote:
Missa wrote:She might not be bad on one of those entertainment shows, like Extra or Access Hollywood, as one of their correspondents.

THAT'S who she reminds me of - she's a female Mario Lopez with the smile.
Stacy has a horrible voice! Presenter can not do! You could make the film dubbing for Muppet show
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jan 2012, 18:16

Absolutely right Ello. You could also throw in most website owners, people who post in the comments section of websites (and blogs and forums and facebook and myspace and any other such site), pretty much anyone who's ever been or wanted to be on radio or TV, people who write to the letters pages of newspapers, about 90% of journalists and so on and so on.

If you're a good listener you pretty soon learn that the world is full of people with nothing to say who love the sound of their own voice. Don't think we can entirely blame twitter.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 18 Jan 2012, 18:26

I don't blame twitter. As you see, I am grateful to it! I like twitter. Yes there's a tidal wave of inanity, but I don't have to read it. There are people out there saying important things and other people saying things that are not important but are funny. It's great that the world can hear them.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:41

Katiedot wrote:
sisieq wrote:His friends and buddies have talent!
In that case they won't need his help, will they? That makes it even worse that they accept his help.
Because there ARE so many people with the same talent level looking to get the same job. I have no problem with helping friends and nepotism. I have problems when people with less talent are pushed and put ahead of others. SL and EC were directed to lesser known agencies - and yes, the accepted them because of sleeping with George. It's our guessing here that with her health/makeup tweets that EC could be looking for a hosting-type job. And, yes, she would need a bigger known agency for that. Yes, that's considered helping a friend, however, whether she has talent or not, the whole world knows she got the bigger agency because of sleeping with George. SL and EC have/were not well known in Hollywood so he helped them get a foot in the door and, yes, it would have been worse if he got them signed to a high end agency. Cray has been established with mid-range Hollywood agents for a long time (more established in Hollywood and more clout than SL's and EC's) - the point some of us are trying to make is that if Cray was that good, she would have alot more and better jobs prior to now and the bigger agencies would have wanted her sooner. And, yes, I know that people change agents quite often, that's not an issue here. Let's see what happens from here.

Last edited by sisieq on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:42; edited 1 time in total

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:42

(quote from pattygirl) Both SK and EC have college credits (not sure of graduation degrees) so we know they have intelligence. Perhaps a bit short.

Sorry Pattygirl some of the dumbest women I have known have college degrees..Some of the most intelligent women I know don't...I'm sure someone like Julia Roberts who does not, would take offense to that statement as would George Shocked

Last edited by phys major on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:49; edited 1 time in total
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:46

Missa wrote:I believe this is all part of George's plan to create more opportunities for women in Hollywood. As we know, he is very concerned about the lack of such opportunities and has worked diligently to correct these grievous wrongs. He finds his girls acting work on basic cable, new representation, and modeling contracts, what more can we expect from him? He's only one man! afro
Love the CS! cheers

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:52

Katiedot wrote:And what's wrong with that? Many women are determined and driven to succeed in life.

You can't have it both ways: either she works every angle and opportunity she's given (which is normal in life) or she's a useless leech depending on George to support her.
Because it pulls Womankind back down when its because your sleeping with someone who has extreme influence. NOTHING wrong with hardworking, determined and driven, but when women use the "casting couch" as their stepping stone(s). I guess Cray's parents are just as "proud" as EC's parents.

As you all remember, we've had this same discussion in the EC era. IMHO, makes no difference with this current GF era. As I said in the past, my mother would hide in shame.

Last edited by sisieq on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:37; edited 1 time in total

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:54

watching wrote:Maybe the new agency is the one who has paid for the new stylist to make her look better on G's red carpets - help sell her as a relevant personality / actress. Maybe they hope it will pay dividends in her getting offered actual work instead of the occasional promotion of video games.
Now that the news is out, been thinking that too.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 19:59

bellybaby wrote:
Katiedot wrote:
sisieq wrote:His friends and buddies have talent!
In that case they won't need his help, will they? That makes it even worse that they accept his help.

Ello wrote:I don't blame her, it''s not her fault she isn't talented.
There are so many epople in Hollywood or on TV who have no talent, I think she'll do ok.

Have to disagree with you, Katie, there are too many people in the world that actually do have talent, like George's buddies, that deserve a shot to show it, yet never get an opportunity cuz they don't "know the right people". For that, I'd applaud George for giving them the opportunity.

What's shameful is that George tends to use his power to push his talentless girlfriends into roles that they don't deserve. And again, is Seriously CC taking any acting lessons? I haven't heard of anything like that. So, don't really think she's interested in actually being relevant in Hollywood.

Her ambition is the same as Eli's. Seriously just does it with a Stepford Smile. Very Happy
And free vacations!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:04

pattygirl wrote:Can anybody tell me, please, why we're taking George to task over opportunities for those less fortunate in Acting Community. How could we possibly know who George opened doors for? He's never been one to toot his own horn regarding this. Never heard any talk about him giving this one or that one a boost when needed. He is essentially a quiet man, with a great deal of power and a great many friends. He goes his way quietly, spreading his influence around as he sees fit. Who's to say if he gives a boost to a man or a woman. He may give a boost to many women, and may also let others take credit for it. You are all so quick to put him down basically just because you don't like SK. Perhaps he feels that she deserves a chance to try and prove herself. (All IMVHO)
Reading so much about George, I seriously think most of (if not all) of us here take for granted that George has helped many people along with way. With a couple of talented GFs it is quite obvious how they got the 4-ep Leverage job and a major talent agency. IMHO

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:12

Katiedot wrote:
Ello wrote:And am I sure she's dumb? Have you read her tweets? It's some consolation to know that George is paying for his sins by having to listen to that inane babble in real time.
Gotta disagree with you there a bit. There are very few people who sound intelligent on twitter.

If we were to judge people's intelligence by their tweets alone we'd have to conclude that just about everyone is dumb.
We don't. We have read quotes by SL, EC and Cray. The lights on, but most of the time no one is home.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:12

THE PLAN that was marked for each of them originally... Because when everything gets "reconciled" finally, there is a "period of our lifetime" that we have to "give up to pay" for what needn't have been...

Pari... don't understand
can you pl expl?
thanks Pari
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:15

Ello wrote:Yes indeed, but there a legion of people who tweet to the world, Stacy is one, precisely because they think they have something interesting to say. Like 99% of the people who think that, she is wrong.
And now we have this - Cray's reading suggestions - Rolling Eyes

StacyKeibler Stacy Keibler
I LOVE to read! RT @Scholastic: Not only did @StacyKeibler look amazing @GoldenGlobes, she's a big reader! #Bookprint bit.ly/xZGLVO
2 hours ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT: I forgot which thread this was, reposting in General thread, too, in case there are any comments.

Last edited by sisieq on Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:52; edited 1 time in total

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:35

Ello wrote:I don't blame twitter. As you see, I am grateful to it! I like twitter. Yes there's a tidal wave of inanity, but I don't have to read it. There are people out there saying important things and other people saying things that are not important but are funny. It's great that the world can hear them.
What I like is Twitter search - type in a name or topic and everyone who has/is typed the name or topic, their tweets are listed (which I'm sure everyone here knows). Yes, need to week through the Rolling Eyes but useful to find new publications and/or websites regarding that name or topic. Very Happy

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:36

If George dated a microbiologist for example, she's still be in all the magazine and red carpet interviews, but dating him wouldn't have such a significant positive impact on her career. However, if he's dating someone where part of their job description is being seen and name checked in the media then it does have a huge impact on her career. Sadly George seems to prefer wannabes over microbiologist. What can I say?

nothing
but I guess you nailed it
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Jan 2012, 20:38

sisieq wrote:
Ello wrote:I don't blame twitter. As you see, I am grateful to it! I like twitter. Yes there's a tidal wave of inanity, but I don't have to read it. There are people out there saying important things and other people saying things that are not important but are funny. It's great that the world can hear them.
What I like is Twitter search - type in a name or topic and everyone who has/is typed the name or topic, their tweets are listed (which I'm sure everyone here knows). Yes, need to week through the Rolling Eyes but useful to find new publications and/or websites regarding that name or topic. Very Happy

better than Google
then
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 18 Jan 2012, 21:30

I do not think that George has taken the agency WME Stacy (George is in another agency, what is the point?)
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Jan 2012, 21:48

This is from the link that sisieq posted.
(I've done the bold)

Although her career spans over two decades, Stacy Keibler continues to be the fresh faced beauty that both film and television audiences adore.

Keibler began her career as a model at the age of six. Shortly thereafter, she was cast in national commercials, which led her to join AFTRA and SAG before the age of 10.

Though still young, Keibler began building an impressive resume in both film and television.
Her film credits include the box office successes "The Firm" with Tom Cruise and Gene Hackman, "The Pelican Brief" alongside Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington, and "True Lies" with Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Added to Keibler’s list of film roles is "The Comebacks," a 20th Century FOX feature she appeared in alongside comedian David Koechner. Most recently, she completed filming the comedy "Dysfunctional Friends."

On January 11, 2010, Keibler guest starred on the CBS show,
"How I Met Your Mother," opposite Neil Patrick Harris. Her appearance was on the 100th episode of the series, which was viewed by 10 million people. In February 2010, Keibler had a guest starring role on USA’s popular comedy/adventure series "Psych." Most recently Keibler was be seen in a guest starring role on the loved NBC action/comedy series "Chuck."

When she competed on "Dancing with the Stars," Keibler’s skills and popularity landed her among the final three contestants. Impressing not only the audience but also ABC executives, she was quickly offered a network talent deal. This has led to recurring roles on ABC’s "George Lopez" and "What About Brian," where she played the love interest of the lead character Brian, and the villain in the ABC Family mini-series "Samurai Girl." Keibler also appeared on the drama "October Road."

Prior to her stint on "Dancing with the Stars," Keibler, a former Baltimore Ravens cheerleader, auditioned for the chance to be the new Nitro Girl for World Championship Wrestling (WCW). Keibler wowed both fans and executives and went on to win the National Search. Shortly thereafter, WCW was acquired by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Keibler’s skills impressed the creators of the program so much that she was the only female brought over to the new company, where she immediately became a regular on the longest-running live program in television history.

A model of peak physical fitness, Keibler has graced the covers of numerous magazines including Shape, Vegas, TV Guide, Maxim, FHM Australia, Muscle & Fitness, 6 Degrees, and Beverly Hills 213. She has been featured in Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Elle Girl, LA Times, Parade, Maxim (UK), and Fitness. She regularly appears in Entertainment Weekly, People, Us Weekly, The Look, OK, and Life & Style. The issue of Stuff featuring Stacy Keibler on the cover was one of the magazines highest- selling issues of all time.

Stacy Keibler currently resides in Los Angeles, CA.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 18 Jan 2012, 23:02

pattygirl wrote:Can anybody tell me, please, why we're taking George to task over opportunities for those less fortunate in Acting Community. How could we possibly know who George opened doors for? He's never been one to toot his own horn regarding this. Never heard any talk about him giving this one or that one a boost when needed. He is essentially a quiet man, with a great deal of power and a great many friends. He goes his way quietly, spreading his influence around as he sees fit. Who's to say if he gives a boost to a man or a woman. He may give a boost to many women, and may also let others take credit for it. You are all so quick to put him down basically just because you don't like SK. Perhaps he feels that she deserves a chance to try and prove herself. (All IMVHO)

I think Katie has effectively stated where the criticism is coming from in the Oscar campaign thread. He publicly complains about the opportunities for women in Hollywood, but does not (publicly at least) make it a point to address those concerns. He does have a great deal of power, and he doesn't seem to be too interested in using it to fix this particular problem. Which is fine, I don't expect him to fix everything. But if you're going to publicly call other people to task for not doing something, you'd better be darn well prepared to do it yourself. If, as you suggest, he is "helping" other women quietly, why? Why wouldn't he just make films that have more gender balanced casts or better quality roles for women? Why would he have to do something behind the scenes? He should put his money where his mouth is.

I do have to disagree with the idea that helping his buddies is the same as helping his girlfriends. Giving a small role in your movie to a guy who lent you a hundred bucks for your head shots or let you sleep on the floor of his closet while you were a struggling actor, broke and going on auditions is just...fair. I'm sure he feels like he wouldn't be where he is without the support the boys gave him early on, and he's repaying the favor. Getting the girlfriend you've known for six months or a year modeling/acting jobs so you can dump her and not feel bad about leaving her stranded...not cool.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Jan 2012, 23:08

strange
but... I would like to say
that
if a girl
better a girl who knows the businnes
and can also take some chances
than
another totally out of it

more or less...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 18 Jan 2012, 23:16

Joanna wrote:This is from the link that sisieq posted.
(I've done the bold)

Although her career spans over two decades, Stacy Keibler continues to be the fresh faced beauty that both film and television audiences adore.

Keibler began her career as a model at the age of six. Shortly thereafter, she was cast in national commercials, which led her to join AFTRA and SAG before the age of 10.

Though still young, Keibler began building an impressive resume in both film and television.
Her film credits include the box office successes "The Firm" with Tom Cruise and Gene Hackman, "The Pelican Brief" alongside Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington, and "True Lies" with Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I know you have been a recent poster, Joanna, but not sure about a Lurker. This "bio" is from her website. And no mention on her IMDB page even as trivia nor on her Wiki page.

Most of us were NOT impress and wondered where in True Lies and The Pelican Brief she appeared. She's not listed in the credits so most of us presume, if true, she was just an extra. I think discussion is in the website thread.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Jan 2012, 23:56

I just copied it from the web site that you posted sisieq, as I thought maybe you hadn't got the time to do it.
What have I done wrong ?

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 19 Jan 2012, 01:05

Joanna wrote:I just copied it from the web site that you posted sisieq, as I thought maybe you hadn't got the time to do it.
What have I done wrong ?

You didn't do anything wrong. I just find it interesting that some here post the same stuff a few times in the Cray threads. We already knew about her bio, I was mocking her book review page.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 19 Jan 2012, 01:13

Conspiracy theory would suggest by posting how she loves to read proves she isn't a vapid.....as if someone reads this forum.... Laughing

Seriously we can't fault her for doing all she can to stay in the world she loves....even if means reinventing herself.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Jan 2012, 01:15

sure
if she REALLY loves it
not her parents, for example

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 19 Jan 2012, 01:19

Unbroken, the WWII book she talked about starting in November, isn't listed. Guess she's still working on that one. It is slightly longer than Where the Wild Things Are, and it must be hard to squeeze in reading time now that she's back to the grind of walking Einstein and taking oxygen facials. Although considering all the time she must spend in the bathroom with the constant cleansing, you'd think she'd have been able to knock off a few more titles. Very Happy

Last edited by Missa on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 01:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos..arrrggghh!)
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Jan 2012, 01:21

hehehe
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 19 Jan 2012, 13:39

pattygirl wrote:Are you sure these women are dumb? They are ambitious, take advantage of opportunities that come their way. How different are they from the modern businesswoman, or even businessman? We all have ambitions of some degree, and surely are willing to take advantages of opportunities presented (within reason). Both SK and EC have college credits (not sure of graduation degrees) so we know they have intelligence. Perhaps a bit short on common sense in some ways, but aren't we all sometimes.
George dates a pretty girl, she gets noticed. George likes pretty girls, but don't all men. He doesn't intend to marry and procreate, unlike most men, so he can have all the pleasure he likes, all the fun.
The girls take advanatage of the opportunities presented, and in this thread, that seems to condemn them.
I existed in a military world, where promotion was achieved only by passing exams with a high score. However, after promotion was achieved, I still managed to advance myself within my rate by taking advantage of opportunities presented. That's just the way of the world.

Pretty sure they're dumb. Which one of George's past gf's, who've all been pretty ambitious, given HUGE opportunities - not only in the actual workplace, but in all of the people they come into contact with - they've all "taken advantage of" these opportunities, and AFTER George have gone on to be really successful? Which one of them was smart enough to really parlay those opportunities into a really successful career? And I don't mean that they continue to get the occassional gig, I mean really successful? Most of them are in the "entertainment" industry - who is globally known? Or at least recognizable to the public at large, now that they're not on George's arm, or if not credited with "ex-gf of"? I know Lisa has some kind of hosting gig, but who would know her unless they kept asking her about George?

The problem - IMO - is that these girls are not really taking advantage of the opportunities, cuz they're not smart enough to really know how.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 19 Jan 2012, 14:54

I think Stacy has a better chance of being successful after George than any of his other girlfriends because she has been in Hollywood and knows the ropes. I think she knows what she has to do to become successful. She is now signed with a big agency and she is meeting a lot of Alisters who will like her. I think she is pretty shrewd and is getting the opportunites now that she never got in the past.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 19 Jan 2012, 15:16

How come Georgieporgie wants to go to Greece all of a sudden ? Who made that happen ? tumbleweed
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 19 Jan 2012, 15:18

I don't think his girlfriends are dumb. They may not be the brightest, but that doesn't make them stupid.

Lisa Snowdon managed to make a very successful career post-George. She hosted Britain's Next Top Model for several series and has a daily radio show on London's biggest radio station. She is (was?) one of the celebrity faces of Marks and Spencer's fashion campaign for several years.

In the UK she's a good steady b-list celeb.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Thu 19 Jan 2012, 15:42

But who would know her outside the UK without George?

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 19 Jan 2012, 15:54

We like our celebs to stay close to home Natasha and don't want them to be corrupted in the Big Wild World ! lol!
Probably the same in your country too ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Thu 19 Jan 2012, 16:15

We are happy for them when they are successful in other countries.

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 19 Jan 2012, 18:35

Natascha wrote:But who would know her outside the UK without George?
United Kingdom before you know George, and still is. I do not think he wanted to be famous in America, has never moved to America and continued to work in the UK even when he was with George!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next