George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday Empty George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:13

But they didn't get any pics . . .

From E Online

Kim Kardashian Joins George Clooney, Julia Roberts at Sean Penn Haiti Benefit

Sun., Jan. 15, 2012 8:01 AM PST by Marc Malkin

Kim Kardashian is continuing to speak out in support of Haiti. And last night, she did just that beside mega-celebs like Sean Penn, George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Leonardo DiCaprio...

The E! reality star was a surprise guest last night [I'm assuming this was on Saturday 14 January - Katiedot] at the Cinema For Peace benefit for the J/P Haitian Relief Organization (J/P HRO) at the Montage hotel in Beverly Hills.

"I went to [Haiti] to educate myself and see what it was like," Kardashian told me, referring to her recent humanitarian trip to the country. "Going and seeing that there's so much that needs to be done, I didn't even know where to start."

But start she did and she promises to continue. "I can't wait to go back," Kardashian said.
I'm told Kardashian was at the event as a guest of philanthropist and movie producer Mohammed Al Turki

Penn was honored with the Cinema for Peace Award for Humanitarian Action in Haiti.

Also attending were Demi Moore and daughter Rumer Willis, Mel Gibson, Josh Brolin, Diane Lane, Hilary Swank, James Gandolfini, Felicity Jones, Emily Watson, model (and Penn's ex-girlfriend) Petra Nemcova, fashion designer Donna Karan, CAA honchos Bryan Lourd and Kevin Huvane and producer brothers Harvey and Bob Weinstein.

The highlight of the night was a live auction that saw singer Damien Rice winning a guitar used by Bono for a whopping $475,000. Julia Roberts' husband Danny Moder was one of two people who paid $50,000 for a trip to Haiti to work alongside Penn.

A $100,000 ring designed and owned by Angelina Jolie went for $60,000 to businessman and major J/P HRO supporter Richard Holz.

The evening raised $5 million for the group's ongoing relief efforts. Half of the funds came from a matching pledge made by Oprah Winfrey in a pre-taped video.

"There's something about Haiti that gets into your veins and you want to keep going back," said Soliel Moon Frey, who has made two trips there with J/P HRO. "And when you see the incredible progress and the work that Sean and J/P HRO is doing, you're in awe."

Roberts presented an award to Sen. Hillary Clinton's chief of staff, Cheryl Mills.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday Empty Re: George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday

Post by lucy Mon 16 Jan 2012, 15:19

Good for George it's nice to know he can support these causes without all the pics/and fanfare.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday Empty Re: George Clooney was at Haiti Benefit on Saturday

Post by melbert Mon 16 Jan 2012, 17:37

But, he was camera shy. I couldn't find one pic of him there! But, glad he was there and continues to support the cause!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Jan 2012, 03:48

Henway managed to find this one video - George seen (briefly) at about 48 seconds).

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 17 Jan 2012, 06:00

Good to see George there, he said to Sean in his speech for his award that he admired what he was doing. He missed the red carpet that is all which is good he just wanted to support the cause and maybe avoid a Kardashian!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down