George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play

+35
zizi
Pari
blubelle
fava
theminis
madsky
bellybaby
laetval
yuanling
Astras
lovelylois
macs
The next mrs clooney
Cinderella
Vi
Maggy
Michelle meyers
Atalante
Joanna
silly girl
Missa
sadDonkey
Dexterdidit
davidarochelle
sisieq
Lighterside
watching
sandwiches
cindigirl
lucy
pattygirl
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
Merlin
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play

Post by Astras Mon 05 Mar 2012, 08:17

Most states and the U.S. federal government don't acknowledge civil unions or marriages. Only eight states and Washington, DC. allow same sex unions or marriages. A few states have friendly domestic partner laws which would allow your partner to be on your health insurance, and adoption laws that would allow same sex parents to be the legal parents of a child, etc. But almost half the states ban same sex marriages and unions.

A religious marriage is not what is being argued. None of the states that allow same sex marriages are forcing any religious group to perform marriages. It is also more than just the word marriage or civil unions, at least in the U.S. we have a history of "separate but equal" which never really worked for anyone, so I think this is part of the problem with changing the wording. They want the right to get a marriage license and then have your partner have the same legal rights as any spouse would. In your business arrangements, health, family and just to be recognized by the law as your spouse. I know George doesn't appear to see the need for him personally to be married again, or at least that is what he says, but a lot of people do, and good for him to see the importance for everyone.

Excellent post madsky. You've addressed the issue in a very thoughtful and eloquent way; including the point that even if George might not choose to get married himself, he believes that all people should have that right, that choice.

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play

Post by macs Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:36

silly girl wrote:Ok for anyone who watched and listened to the program did anyone else wonder what was going through his mind when they talked about marriage and what it means? Do you think it changed his mind?

I think he knows what marriage is about. After all he's got a pretty good example with his parents doesn't he ? I don't get the sense that he is anti-marriage as such, he's just saying it's not for him personnaly - maybe precisely because he has such a high standard of this kind of commitment he just doesn't want a second time, who knows ?

To people in the US who actually follow more closely le prop 8 issue : the spots during the video, were there the original prop 8 spots ?
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Mar 2012, 11:00

Thank you to everyone who explained things about the gay marriage topic, there are too many of you to mention Thumbs up!

I watched the play last night on the youtube link. I found it totally absorbing, well written and acted and I learned a lot too. I thought the inclusion at the end of the actual people involved was a lovely experience. George looked "on a high" as if he'd thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
I wondered how he and the other actors who are used to film acting felt when they were applauded at various times, as they're not used to that. Maybe it'll give them a taste for stage work ?

Having access to great things like watching that from across the pond always makes me feel so grateful for the internet facility.
It must be an age thing LOL
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 5 Empty Prop8

Post by theminis Mon 05 Mar 2012, 11:53

Hi Everyone

Just joined this forum and I wanted to say I've enjoyed your postings about the recent Prop 8 play. I managed to watch most of it (speakers were not working at times unfortunately) and I did find it fascinating and enlightening on many levels. Thought the production was handled beautifully by all. Hoping in mine or my childrens lifetime that inequality on many levels will no longer be an issue, perhaps naive of me, but I believe that if I can educate my children, and they in turn educate theirs (along with other like-minded parents) it can make a difference.
Thanks for sharing, ciao all the way from Aus. Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:09

ciao!
where are u from?

maybe precisely because he has such a high standard of this kind of commitment he just doesn't want a second time, who knows ?

maybe
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:16

Ciao

From (not so sunny) Melbourne, Australia - its 11.15pm Mon night - cant sleep so thought whilst there was peace/quiet in the house, would post something.

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:20

good, go ahead! Thumbs up!

ciao! Hello!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:40

I finally reach
the part in which
George is

...great
bravo
I like him
there
Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:43

Well I do have a few thoughts that maybe have already been covered and I'm new to this so would appreciate a little latitude pls.
Firstly it seems to me that if we (and I mean everyone, society etc, collectively) are going to truly think and act with equality in mind then the very question of asking someone, be it GC or anyone else, whether they are gay, or straight or a duck!, suggests stereotyping, discrimination right off the mark. Do people ask these questions, or make insinuations, start rumours (usually with a nasty tone) because unlike, race, culture, someones sexuality is sometimes not that obvious?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Mon 05 Mar 2012, 13:04

About a year or so ago, I was listening to a discussion regarding gay marriage, and why it was so important; meaning, if you're with the one you truly love, why does the legality of marriage matter. The one issue that stood out was the issue of being able to take care of the person you loved, or have them be able to take care of you, legally. Apparently, one of the panel group was caught up in a legal battle with his deceased lover's family over how he was put to rest, and his estate. Although the deceased person had clearly written in his will his explicit wishes, the family was able to overturn it, because they were family, and this man legally had no right, under this State's law, to make the decisions he was making - on behalf of his lover. So when it came down to it, they wanted the right to take care of their loved ones, legally, in the present, and when they were gone.

It's really kind of sad to have this issue. So many horrible and cruel things happening in the world, and yet, we're spending all this time and money on an issue that basically comes down to loving someone.... Neutral

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 05 Mar 2012, 13:33

I agree with you, it is sad. To be denied the same rights, and respect because of whom you love and want to be with is ludicrious. Its such a shame, but hopefully things will change for the better Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 05 Mar 2012, 13:54

A play for animal rights would be fine too ! Yahooooo
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Mar 2012, 14:02

Sent an email to my grandson with the link to "8". Received an email from him thanking me and said that he enjoyed it very much. Said George & Martin made a great team.

Went on facebook just now. Here is a quote from his facebook page:
"Immediate thoughts after watching the live stream of "8"...there was a time when I doubted my own choice to pursue reason, logic, and scientific fact as a way to support equality and justice for LGBT people. This play reminds me that reason, in conjunctions with heartfelt human stories, is the correct formula for changing the world. To all those whole have felt marriage was too "mainstream" and the incorrect path to true justice, you will never be rejected by me. There is opportunity and need to work together to pursue the world we all want to create..."
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 05 Mar 2012, 14:33

theminis wrote:I agree with you, it is sad. To be denied the same rights, and respect because of whom you love and want to be with is ludicrious. Its such a shame, but hopefully things will change for the better Very Happy

Hi Theminis!

I agree with you! Also, if you have love and respect in a relationship that is the most important issue in any type of realtionship, gay or straight.
people really should respect the rights for gay marriages. When and if there is a change, praying for a change, more and more people will look at a gay couple and say " there's a cute couple" without the word gay even in the sentence. I know of a few people who do this but it sure would be nice if it became more of the norm.
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:02

Civil unions and civil marriages are not the same thing in the US--legally they are 2 different animals. That is why gays are not satisfied with just civil unions. Most states do not allow civil marriages (i.e. issuing a marriage license, which you need no matter who performs the ceremony, either a religious or secular officiant). If you have legally sanctioned marriage for gays in the UK, you are one step ahead of us!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 05 Mar 2012, 15:47

In the USA there has always been a conflict between "social conservatives", who have a very literal interpretation of the Bible and regard it as "God's law," and "liberals" who are more accepting of individual choices, even if it may be against their personal moral views. One of the concerns, fair or not, against gay marriage is it then opens up the question of plural marriage. Having multiple wives was outlawed in the 1800's as a condition for Utah to become a state, despite Mormon claims that is was a religious practice. "Marriages" of more than 2 people still exist; they just aren't legal. Just as "living together in sin" is no longer a commonly used phrase, for those who choose not to get married in the eyes of the law, maybe the future will hold more opportunities for individuals to make their own choices. Most important is to prepare for loved ones in the event of disability or death; something most don't face in advance.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 05 Mar 2012, 16:28

Found this topic interesting and decided to ask some teens their view. They shrugged their shoulders and said not an issue. Also a non-issue is inter-racial couples. I realize I live in a big city. I don't know if this affects their views.
They do say that bullying is often directed at kids that seem out of the main stream but are very aware of the damage it can cause.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Mon 05 Mar 2012, 16:39

I do wonder if marriage equality will lead to greater acceptance of gays and less bullying in schools and in the workplace. Maybe that's why G is so passionate about the issue. We need to change society's prejudices of people who think or act differently. Gay teens have a very high rate of suicide, especially if they grew up in conservative, religious families where being gay is still seen as very "sinful." Sad but true.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Mar 2012, 17:51

George should be proud of his fans on this thread today.
His decision to appear in Proposition 8 has had a positive knock on effect, resulting in some very interesting discussions.
Thanks for all of the information that I've gleaned from them.

He would be pleased IMO Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Mar 2012, 20:40

Gay teens have a very high rate of suicide

it is so sad

I'm happy too
he was able to
light up
another
big light

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 05 Mar 2012, 23:10

It was a great choice for him and it is such an interesting subject. He did a great job as well. Whoever chose to stream it on Youtube had a great idea I would love for that to take off for things like this. I think we have all learnt something i hope the powers that be have as well.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 06 Mar 2012, 04:47

Love has no boundries
or borders. You never
know who you will fall in
love with until it smacks
you on the face.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue 06 Mar 2012, 05:04

true

veryvery true

and you ca do nothing

only accept the choice of your heart and soul

and listen to the voice of your body
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 06 Mar 2012, 05:27

You are right, Vi I love you

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Tue 06 Mar 2012, 05:40

I just heard that kirk cameron slammed gay rights... he is an 80's actor just in case you don't know. I am wearing an 80's prom dress and I LOVED the play and I am for equal rights. Everyone saw my review , right? it makes me bewildered....
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:25

Kirk did a whole lot more then just slam gay rights he is a very strict Christian and has no tolerance whatsoever. He has of course made more news then he has since the 80's. Getting a load of attention from his very silly in my opinion remarks. But sadly many strict Christians feel that way. I have friends who are ministers in main stream churches some are a little more relaxed then others about gay rights etc. Others are very much on the wavelegnth of Kirk Cameron. It's not all Christians who think this way but he can get the cameras on him and some are calling him brave! I'm with you I loved the play and am all for equal rights have been for years. I had a friend who lived with his partner for over 29 years he died and the family threw him out of the house they shared and took everything. He had no rights to anything. It was the saddest thing....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 06 Mar 2012, 11:40

That is sad Dex, it's so hard for gays who are religious, I'm so glad some have formed their own churches. Can you imagine what it would be like to have to state your sexual preference, how insulting IMO.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Tue 06 Mar 2012, 15:31

Dexterdidit,
Anything that can be done to elevate all human beings, psychologically and physically, improves them spiritually. I have heard many parents say that they would disown a child if they learned he/she was gay or bi. Some on the extreme right would literally kill the child. Yes this is in America, not in a Muslim country. Kudos to G for using his star power to try and change antiquated attitudes. What gives someone the right to tell another how he/she should live his/her life and whom to love?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 06 Mar 2012, 19:52

better to do anything
to make people understand
love is not a sin

and so to save many lives

next generation will be surely more open
but we need to keep fighting
in our field
everyday

Love has no boundries
or borders. You never
know who you will fall in
love with until it smacks
you on the face.

true

veryvery true

and you ca do nothing

only accept the choice of your heart and soul

and listen to the voice of your body

you both
are right I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Tue 06 Mar 2012, 20:23

From Lainey Gossip. Play has raised 2 million dollars so far.

Judge Pitt, Councillor Clooney, and President Bartlet
March 5, 2012
Posted at 4:06 PM

Posted by Lainey

As I mentioned last week, Dustin Lance Black’s 8 was read in LA on Saturday night featuring many major celebrities including Brad Pitt and George Clooney playing Judge Vaughn Walker and David Boies respectively. Martin Sheen took on the part of Ted Olson, Boies’s partner, in the case to bring down Proposition 8.

I’ve embedded the video of the production below. I’ve been balls deep in work all weekend so I’ve only had a chance to get through half of it. I intend to finish the second half at the airport. I hope that if you haven’t, you’re able to watch all of it at some point too. Celebrities are too often so useless. And it’s so refreshing to see them being so useful.

I LOVE the photos of George Clooney with David Boies.

Have I told you about the time Duana and I were in the airport lounge with Martin Sheen? It was just last week in LA when we were heading home after the Oscars. I was greedy for some tortilla chips, mildly annoyed that the man next to me was taking his sweet time, very elegantly. Oh hi President Bartlet. Obviously I am a pig and you are not.

There were no seats. Duana and I watched him wander around eating his chips, looking at the planes, being all sweet and unassuming. Duana’s fiancé texted over and wanted us to ask him, like all hard nerd, something about something that happened in Season 3. This is very inappropriate. So we just eavesdropped on him instead while he was on the phone. Not because Martin Sheen would divulge anything gossipy... but because it’s just so nice to hear him talk.

8 raised $2 million in support of the American Foundation for Equal Rights. So far, 250,000 have watched the video.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 07 Mar 2012, 15:29

amazing

BRIGHT!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 07 Mar 2012, 18:43

430,987 hits on youtube.... as of today !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 07 Mar 2012, 22:41

great moment

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 08 Mar 2012, 01:39

Joanna wrote:430,987 hits on youtube.... as of today !
Hopefully it'll go higher and higher and bring this awareness to everyone!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 08 Mar 2012, 04:51

Am so glad Prop8 is out in the open and is being discussed... instead of so many having to hide / speak in hushed tones, about what they really feel about it... I love you

Care ought to be taken though... in making sure that there are enough "parental" voices included in the final policy making... Homosexuality is delicate... also because it is "rare" in it's realness... and "growing" in it as a fashion / trend / hiding place for emotional issues... The "choice" factor in choosing love ought be congratulated, encouraged and upheld... for as long as the choice or the choice making is not exploited...

The more this education happens/spreads... free and fair... the more wisdom will prevail among our children in their choices... I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 08 Mar 2012, 05:21

Very thoughtful comment, Pari !!! Hello!

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 08 Mar 2012, 05:26

Thank you Zizi I love you Glad to be here while you are here today, too Hug1
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 09 Mar 2012, 01:01

BTW, peoples, ALOT of those photos posted in this thread and especially on page 3 are on Getty Images. Even if you copied from another website, there's a good chance Getty still owns the rights.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 11 Mar 2012, 12:05

Glee Stars Were Touched That Brad Pitt & George Clooney Supported 8

As were we all!
Nothing like the two hottest men in the world to bring the kind of audience and attention this production so definitely deserved.

The 2010 federal court case over Proposition 8 was turned into a magnificent production by Dustin Lance Black and this week, some of Hollywood's hottest stars stepped in to read pivotal parts for the play.
Names like Jamie Lee Curtis, Christine Lahti, George Takei, John C. Reilly, Martin Sheen, Matt Bomer and Jesse Tyler Ferguson mingled with the Glee trio Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer and Matthew Morrison in the production, as well as marveled at the star power of Brad Pitt and George Clooney, who so happily offered their celebrity to the important piece.
Their work in the show not only inspired the audience, but their fellow cast members, including their friends from Glee.

Following the performance, Jane raved:
“I was so moved that they care enough about this issue. I love that they took time out of their incredibly busy schedules to do this… to let the world know what went on in that courtroom. I was really touched and moved to see all these really big stars with fire power up there and advocating for our rights.”

While Matt echoed her sentiments, Chris added that he had more than a few jitters when it came to appearing on stage with Brad and George.

He gushes:
”[It was] nerve wracking! I’m so glad I was playing someone young on trial, because otherwise I don’t know if I could have been like, stoic and played it off like Brad and George did. I was terrified.”

Yeah, we would've been too!
Perhaps this could be the start of a wonderful working relationship for you all. Perhaps this play will take off (we can only hope) and people will insist that it be put into production or something.

Maybe there will be a time when you'll reunite to perform this piece again. And maybe in that time, gay marriage will finally become legal in the state of California.
Here's hoping.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 04 May 2012, 02:32

George Clooney, Brad Pitt reading of '8' comes to CD and download

By Jamie Wetherbe
May 3, 2012, 3:01 p.m.
Life has been extended for the star-studded reading of the play "8." Dustin Lance Black's dramatization of the legal fight against California’s Proposition 8 will air on at 8 p.m. June 10 on 90.7 FM KPFK.

The reading — which featured Kevin Bacon, George Clooney, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christine Lahti, Jane Lynch, Brad Pitt, Martin Sheen and John C. Reilly, among others — also will be available June 1 on CD and for digital download via iTunes and Amazon and on demand at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as of June 9, L.A. Theatre Works announced Thursday.

The broadcast features added audio, including conversations with Rob Reiner, who directed the March 3 staging, as well as Black, Clooney and other cast members, plus interviews with lawyers David Boies and Ted Olson who led the charge in the courtroom against Prop. 8, the gay marriage ban.

The dramatic reading — a 90-minute union of celebrity and social justice — was assembled from court testimony, interviews and the fallout of the Perry vs. Schwarzenegger case. The March 3 event packed the 1,270-seat Wilshire Ebell Theatre and served as a benefit for marriage equality that raised more than $2 million.

The play was streamed live on YouTube and has since racked up nearly 600,000 views and some 5,500 ”likes.” Although when we tuned in recently, a 20-second “Yes on 8” advertisement preceded the show.

Offstage, the legal drama of Prop. 8 continues: The 9th Circuit Court of Appeal in February upheld the federal district court’s ruling that Prop. 8 is unconstitutional. But the final act of same-sex couples’ right to wed in California has yet to be written.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 04 May 2012, 10:37

In case some ladies haven't seen the play,
here it is.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 May 2012, 02:06

Thanks Joanna! I have watched it 4 times already and I see something new each time!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 05 Jun 2012, 10:55

Recording of '8' with Pitt, Clooney to be on radio

NEW YORK -- The star-studded West Coast performance of the gay marriage play "8" led by George Clooney and Brad Pitt will be heard again this month - on radio and online.

A recording by L.A. Theatre Works of the March 3 performance in Los Angeles will be broadcast in the coming days on 90.7 KPFK in Southern California, 89.7 WGBH in Boston, 91.5 WBEZ in Chicago, 94.9 KUOW in Seattle, 91.1 KRCB in San Francisco, 89.3 WPFW in Washington, D.C.; and over 100 other markets nationwide. June is Gay Pride Month.

The play is about the 2010 federal court fight against Proposition 8, the gay-marriage ban that California voters approved in 2008. The play by Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black made its Broadway debut last year in similar starry fashion.

Relying largely on transcripts from court proceedings, "8" introduces viewers to the couples who challenged the California initiative, the attorneys who argued their case and witness who spoke out against them. The legal fight over Prop. 8 is ongoing.

The play made its world premiere on Broadway last year starring Morgan Freeman, Anthony Edwards, John Lithgow and Cheyenne Jackson.

The trial is important to gay activists because former U.S. Solicitor General Theodore Olson and attorney David Boies - who represented opposing sides in the disputed 2000 presidential election - put on a powerfully clear argument in favor of same-sex marriage. It was recorded but Prop. 8 backers have so far succeeded in getting the U.S. Supreme Court to bar broadcast of the landmark case.

In addition to Clooney and Pitt, the Los Angeles edition also featured Kevin Bacon, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christine Lahti, Jane Lynch, Martin Sheen and John C. Reilly. It was directed by Rob Reiner.

The Los Angeles production is also available for streaming, download and CD at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Source
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZO_ Sun 03 Mar 2013, 20:18

So presidente Obama he will make promise of Proposition 8 is come true this year!! Very Happy Is very good George Clooney he star in this play for support gay communities Hoorah!
LORENZO_
LORENZO_
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 03 Mar 2013, 20:37

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 04 Mar 2013, 09:17

yea, that´s the agenda.

( to my surprise some gay people (I know both closeted and open) are actually against the agenda. Like gay parades, gay bike rides, gay characters in TV shows and movies, repeated gay marriage props, demands for equal rights (adopt babies etc.))

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:36

Why would your gay friends be opposed to gay marriages BiC ?
Do they say why ?
I can understand all the other hype not being acceptable to gay people.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 04 Mar 2013, 14:49

Well, only one couple is married, I know. Still they are against the constant public debate about it. They are openly gay but do not like the special attention. They mostly hung around with straight people.

Others are not so openly gay and feel intimitaded by it. So when they wine and dine they would like to make it seem like a casual, almost business like meeting between two guys. Nowadays they feel they get more looks, because the issue is ON in everywhere.

And even the openly gay ones tend to have an attitude that everything is good as it is. But this is not in US, so I don´t know how conservative they are there.

Marriage or right to marry is not an issue to ones I know. Quite contrary. They talk about the difficulties in their relationships, which seem to be sometimes greater than in heterosexual ones. Major point and concern is the sameness. Many are looking for variety. Some end up with women even at some point (for a while). If there is an emotional connection it´s possible.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 04 Mar 2013, 17:51

Have to say things seem different in the US with regard to this issue!

All my gay friends can't wait for the chance to have the same legal rights as heterosexual couples. And while none of my friends have or would participate in the gay pride parades shown in movies or in the news--those with wild costumes or nothing on at all-- they have all marched in parades for equal rights.

As far as the increased attention because there are gay characters now portrayed as regular people with regular problems on TV and in movies, all of them say they wish they'd had these kind of shows while they were growing up because they thought they were alone and somehow not worthy.

If you look at acceptance rates at least in the US, more attention to the issue of homosexuality, has most definitely made a positive difference in the way people look at gay people, in the US.

OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 09 Mar 2013, 14:40

TheY are now saying that CA's ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional and are trying to have it over turned. This is very big on President Obama's agenda, we have already started tweeting about it. Hopefully it can become a national law.

Yesterday Bill Clinton was in the news, I think I read it on Huffington. He is trying to have the Supreme Court overturn a law against gay marriage that he signed. They are looking at it now. I think there are about twelve states that gay marriage is legal. We are all suppose to be equal in this country and in the eyes of God.
Zen JMHO
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next