George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people

+9
PigLove
Lighterside
lucy
Katiedot
Dexterdidit
bunny
j
melbert
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people Empty Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people

Post by Admin Sat 18 Dec 2010, 14:13

From Monsters and Critics

Note: I can only assume that the 'Debbie Downers' headline came from the journalist and not a quote from George, despite the quotation marks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney: No 'Debbie Downers'
Apr 6, 2008

George Clooney stays positive by surrounding himself with happy people.

The 'Leatherheads' actor is widely regarded as one of the nicest men in Hollywood, but says he has had to limit the amount of negativity in his life to be that way.

He said: "I try and surround myself with happy people at work and in life. People who aren't happy aren't particularly fun to be around. I just want to dance, dance, dance all the time! I shouldn't tell people that, really."

George has also complained the interest in his private life often affects what movie roles he is offered.

He added to Marie Claire magazine: "There's this sort of feeding frenzy, and what is lost is the mystique of a star. It's very hard to remove someone from what we know of them personally and let them be in a romantic comedy if we know they are gay, for example."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people Empty Re: Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people

Post by melbert Sat 18 Dec 2010, 14:42

So THAT is why he hasn't done any romantic comedies lately??? Just kidding - my bad!!! However, if he doesn't want any "debbie downers" around him, why did he hook up with Elisabetta?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people Empty Re: Old(ish) news: George likes to surround himself with happy people

Post by melbert Sat 18 Dec 2010, 14:43

I JUST HIT 100!!!!! I'M A CLOONEY FAN!!!!!!! cheers

Yes, I'm yelling, but it's a happy yell!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by j Thu 23 Dec 2010, 03:52

Nice profile, there, Melbert! Congratulations!!!
I am still learning to navigate here, good for you.

RE: G's comment-I wonder when he said this.

j
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Dec 2010, 15:49

Melbert, I thought the same thing - Elisabetta might have been fun at first. But as early as London she began to show her true colors. If she's even half as dour in real life with him as she is in many pics, no "happy vibes" there.

On a positive note about her, she DOES look happy when with her friends and her family.

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Thu 23 Dec 2010, 16:18

Well - This was written before he met betta -

But they do not live together - Maybe he can handle moody bitch in small doses
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Dec 2010, 23:32

Hi Bunny! Maybe that's why they DON'T live together. I would be happy all the time if he surrounded me!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Fri 24 Dec 2010, 03:12

I totally agree Melbert -

I would be very happy too!
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 24 Dec 2010, 03:19

You go girlfriend!!!! No one could wipe the smile off my face!!! Or his!! drunken
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 24 Dec 2010, 04:33

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it is why George and Eli spend so much time apart. She certainly doesn't seem to have a happy sort of nature. Although she seems fine with her friends but not with George and he not with her. I think we all would be happy if we got even a little bit of Clooney time.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Dec 2010, 06:22

Dexterdidit wrote: I think we all would be happy if we got even a little bit of Clooney time.
Yeah, but that's cos we're fans.

It's different in a relationship: no matter how much we love someone, we aren't wandering around with a silly smile on our faces, kissing in every corner, or holding hands every minute of the day with bluebirds flapping round our heads, singing. There are even - heaven forbid! - times when our partner annoys us or we want to be away from them.

As far as we can see from the fuzzy pics, George is smiling as he exits the restaurant with her and her parents.

I'm not arguing that this is a happy relationship, BTW, just saying that expecting someone to be happy all the time just because they're near someone else is hero-worship and not something healthy. Or realistic. JMO, of course.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Dec 2010, 11:06

Yes, I'm sure Clooney is sweetness and light 24/7. Rolling Eyes

I would argue it's a happy relationship. But I'd be basing it on things like they've been together for a year and a half and theres no logical reason for Clooney (unless he's an idiot?) to be in a relationship with someone he's unhappy with. And the fact that her parents are there in Mexico at Christmas (a pretty significant time of year. no?) also suggests that this is a solid relationship. If it were anyone else, that would generally be sufficient reason to think they're happy together. But since it's Eli, the rules don't seem to apply. Ah well. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 24 Dec 2010, 14:42

I have to agree Caged, I happen to believe that they are in a real relationship, their in love, and it's serious, at least as serious as it has been for George for a long time. Not that I'm a Betta fan, but lately I find that I'm asking why do I have such a un-fair dislike of her? It's mostly due to her career choices, which who am I to judge her, since I'm not Italian, and have no idea what it takes to have a career in Italy for a woman, and who doesn't have those twenty something moments we'd like to forget or do over?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 24 Dec 2010, 14:45

All I can say, is if THAT is what passes for George being "in love" (and I'm talking the aggregate of their dating here) then I'm really glad that he doesn't love me! LMAO cheers
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Fri 24 Dec 2010, 21:14

Far be it for me to defend Betty, but it can't be easy for her. The benefits far outweigh the negatives, but that doesn't mean there are no negatives (was that a double negative?). She hasn't been trained from birth to put on a happy face the way he has.

Although lately, his face hasn't been too happy, it's true. Headaches, still?
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 24 Dec 2010, 21:23

Headaches = Elisabetta
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Dec 2010, 03:52

He hasn't looked particularly happy in a long time BUT he hasn't looked happy with Sarah Larson, Lisa Snowden etc etc. I think that's the way he looks.

We all look back to how he was with Celine, which was very different, but that was more than 10 years ago. Times change, people change. I don't think George will ever look that way again with his girlfriend, even if he is completely besotted by her.

I thought Betty was different because in the beginning (the first couple of months) he did look pretty happy, which was a new thing. That honeymoon period is over and gone. He looks as awkaward and uncomfortable with Betty as he has with his other public girlfriends.

I really don't think she's the love of his life or that they'll be together for much longer, but I think he's found someone who makes him more or less happy, is willing to put up with him (and I don't think he's easy to live with) and doesn't give him too much grief. It's a compromise relationship IMO.

She is what he seems to want: a pretty woman who's not too demanding and who doesn't complain bitterly about the amount of time he spends working, with friends or elsewhere that requires his emotional engagement. Most women demand (and deserve) more. He's found one who suits him and will put up with it.

In exchange, he puts up with her diva attitude and throws the occasional bit of work her way - although doesn't bother to support her by showing up at anything that may be important to her, because that would require emotional engagement which he isn't prepared to offer.

Essentially, I think his relationship with her is much the same as that between a person and their favourite pet, plus the benefits of being able to have good sex with the pet and take it out to dinner afterwards.

When you're in a real relationship you have to compromise. You have to put the other person first sometimes. You have to do things you don't want to do, when you really don't want to do them in order to make that person happy. I just don't think he's willing to do that, so he finds someone who's willing to date him without that.

Is that love? Kind of, I guess. I loved my cat, but my life always came first and I'd never put my job on hold for the cat, cancel an engagement because the cat was feeling down, or re-arrange my holiday plans, eating habits or friends because of what the cat thought of them. My cat was a very happy cat; she had a great home, good food, went to the vet whenever required and got as much fuss and petting as she needed. I sometimes wonder if that's very much how George's thinking goes with the women he dates too.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 25 Dec 2010, 04:29

Wow Katie, that was really deep. And so very true. I think that George is not willing to compromise. I think that he makes the woman feel honored to be dating him and humbled to him and would do anything in the world to make sure that he was the special one in the relationship. Because he controls everything. He thinks that he has the power over everything. She must submit, if you will, in order to remain with him.
From the outside looking in, it does look like he makes them feel special - red carpets, flying all over the world, meeting important people, a revolving bank account for the many shopping sprees, etc. No matter what they say (or the tabloids dig up and/or print) the last few haven't had any major careers, and seem to be happy just being arm candy and receiving all the other benefits from dating George. Do they really have the goal of becoming something serious career-wise, or is that just for public consumption? They don't want to be labeled as gold-diggers or trophy wife/girlfriend, but that's what they are perceived as. With no evident talent, it appears they just want a sugar daddy. Then when they do have a "voice" and start speaking of the great love of their life, marriage and/or babies, that's when George's control takes over again.
For as long as he needs/wants them, as long as they keep quiet or don't expect anything from him, they'll stay a little longer. It's all on his terms, not hers. But, like you said Katie, he's found one who suits him and will put up with it, and it won't last because that would require emotional engagement which he isn't prepared to offer. I know I rambled on and on, but for what he requires of a woman and what she is willing to give in order to get what she wants, I guess they are quite the fit.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 25 Dec 2010, 15:45

Katidot, and Melbert, you both have alot of interesting points of view. Has George ever had to compromise? Once again he;s found someone who doesn't put a lot of demands on him, who can fit into his lifestyle without too much change for him, which can't be an easy thing to do! As far as supporting her by showing up to her red carpet moment, I'm a little torn about it, on the one hand if he goes, it becomes all about George Clooney the star and what about stealing the lime light from all of her co-stars? ON the other hand people make it work Brad and Angie for one example, I'm just here to support ,etc. I'd have to say if he ever does show that kind of public support to a GF it would definitely make a statement
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sat 25 Dec 2010, 18:12

Katiedot and Melbert pretty well summed it up. George always said he alot of people don't agree with his lifestyle but he is fine with it. Does this mean he actually realizes he uses women, dut doesn't care what people think?

Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sat 25 Dec 2010, 18:14

Wow I didn't realize I was a 'Clooney virgin"???? drunken
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 25 Dec 2010, 18:28

Don't worry Snoopy, you'll soon be past that!! We don't want you to remain a Clooney virgin for very long! Very Happy
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 26 Dec 2010, 13:40

Come on Snoopy you can do it, less than 30 post to pop your cherry! After we can all meet in the kitchen for some rum and coke.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Dec 2010, 15:22

Oh, diet Coke Lucy! I'm diabetic!! C'mon Snoopy!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 26 Dec 2010, 22:22

Okay girls, I am working on popping my cherry - I guess I found it funny that Clooney and virgin could ever be typed together - get ready to buy run and 'diet cokes' Very Happy
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Dec 2010, 22:33

We're behind you Snoopy! We'll be your cheerleaders!! Go Snoopy Go!! Only 200 to catch up with me, actually 201 after I post this!! lol!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 04 Jan 2011, 12:20

Snoopy wrote:Okay girls, I am working on popping my cherry - I guess I found it funny that Clooney and virgin could ever be typed together - get ready to buy run and 'diet cokes' Very Happy
Ohh, there used to be a hilarious 'kiss and tell' story around by a girlfriend of George's from when he was in his 20s and how she was a virgin but didn't lose her virginity to George. If anyone still has a copy of that, please post it in the girls girls girls section, please!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 04 Jan 2011, 14:01

I remember that story...isn't she an actress like Brooke Shields or someone ..and they dated and he was very tender and carried her into the bedroom but she didn't want to be deflowered and he was very understanding and caring...then they split up and she went out with someone else about 2 weeks later and POP it was gone LOL...
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 04 Jan 2011, 14:04

Yup, that's the one, that's the story. God, I really hope someone still has it on file somewhere. It's a hilarious read and you just know that every time George reads it, he hits himself in the face and says "schmuck!".
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 04 Jan 2011, 14:05

Oh dear, I never heard that one.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Jan 2011, 18:00

"we are wandering around with a silly smile on our faces, kissing in every corner, or holding hands every minute of the day with bluebirds flapping round our heads, singing"

sure
love is EXACTLY like Arrow that!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 04 Jan 2011, 18:27

I deleted this - should have thought it through better.

Sorry!

Last edited by melbert on Tue 04 Jan 2011, 20:21; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Jan 2011, 20:02

a very serious mental illness

mine? flower
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 05 Jan 2011, 01:39

I remember that story. Talk about self control on both sides. Boy did she miss out!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 06 Jan 2011, 01:21

I never heard that story.

Altho, I do have a serious thing for the beginning of this thread. Cant we start out with something other than "Debbie" downer. I happen to be a "happy" person !!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down