George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird

5 posters

Go down

Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird Empty Re: Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird

Post by laetval Wed 23 Nov 2011, 14:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8 Ways George Clooney and Stacy Keibler's Relationship Feels Weird

Is it just me or does George Clooney and Stacy Keibler's relationship remind you of the early days of TomKat? Think back to the over-enthusiastic P.D.A at red carpet premieres; the ball-gown makeover of an unlikely female partner; the timeline from first date to relationship that seemed way to quick for a high-profile star in total control of his public persona.

It's not that I don't believe George and Stacy have a connection: he's a leg man, according to his recent Rolling Stone interview and she's a human set of stilts. She can "hang with the guys" and they both have a "good sense of humor" according to unidentified sources we can only imagine.

But it's all happening so fast.

We're talking about George Clooney, a man who's brand of classic Hollywood cool has been built brick by brick. He doesn't seem like the type to let his romantic impulses spiral out of control in the public domain. Could he really be that smitten? Some thing just doesn't feel right.

1. For starters their unconditional romance seemed to sprout spontaneously and just in time for the premiere of his new movie. Weren't we just talking about him breaking up with Elisabetta Canalis? According to reports, he broke up with Canalis in June and started "seriously dating" Keibler in August. "They're basically exclusive at this point," another unidentified person told US Weekly. Well that was fast.

2. Even if his relationship with Keibler didn't overlap with his time with Canalis, it seems a little cruel to be making such a public show of affection this soon after his last long-term relationship. If you were Clooney, a man who is by definition "classy", wouldn't you be a little kinder, or at least flaunt your new girlfriend a little less? Do you really have to kiss her hand publicly and pose for photos as you introduce her to your parents? It all seems a little callous. And besides, what does he have to prove? Maybe it's some kind of rebound revenge tactic (we've all done it) but he's George Clooney, for goodness sakes. It's assumed he's picked up another lover in record time. Does he need to rub it in his ex's face?

3. It's also strange that both Keibler and Canalis were "Dancing with the Stars" contestants, right?

4. And how did Clooney and Keibler meet, anyway?

5. Also, George Clooney is a private man."I might have a girlfriend, but I'm never going to talk about it. I get one thing to keep to myself," he told Rolling Stone. So how come he's so accepting of his brand new girlfriend tweeting about their daily exploits?

6. And about those tweets. Here's one Keibler recently posted: "You know its love when your boyfriend has elbow surgery 2 days ago and takes u to a #ravens game...especially when he's a Bengals fan." Say you're a grown woman dating George Clooney. Are you really going to refer to him as your "boyfriend" ...and in a tweet? He's more of an elegant man-friend, or perhaps a beau. How about playing it a little cool for a few more months, instead of announcing to the world "it's love."

7. They've been to Mexico twice in their brief courtship and they're reportedly going back again for Thanksgiving. Okay, that's something famous, rich couples can do. But how come they always go with a clan of people? Maybe they should try being alone a little.

8. Okay I found out how they met: he came up to her at a party in 2006 and said she should win "Dancing with the Stars". Do they really mix in the same circles? And exactly what kind of party was this? According to reports, they were re-introduced by "a mutual friend" in recent months. Wait, is this the same friend who hosted the party? What is this world where wrestlers-turned-reality stars schmooze with globe-trotting Oscar winners? Invite me to the next party, please. I just need to understand.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird Empty Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird

Post by lovelylois Wed 23 Nov 2011, 14:16

lateval

Interesting article. Their whole relationship from the very beginning has been on speed dial to the gossip magazines and gossip sites. I even notice that she tweets to the editor and founder of Just Jared a gossip site. That is why I think the public and the gossip sites don't believe it is a true relationship and everybody is making fun of George. It as if he has lost his mind or is getting some very bad PR advice. She acts like a teenager in love. You know she writes her and his name on the notebook and circles it with a big heart. She does not act like a grown woman in love. A sophisticated woman, would keep the whole relationship quite. Matter of fact I know some teenage girls with more sense than her.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird Empty Re: Eight Ways the Clooney - Keibler relationship feels weird

Post by Missa Wed 23 Nov 2011, 23:29

I believe the author of this article simply cut and pasted from the threads on this forum. Happened too fast? Check. Revenge on Eli? Check. Friends for years, seriously? Check.
The Cruise/Holmes comparison is interesting, but I don't understand the "over-enthusiastic red carpet PDA" remark. She's not the first person to comment on that, but I just don't see it. Holding hands, a peck on the hand, and their weird-as-hell staring contests Shocked just look awkward; it's as if George is trying to figure out how little physical affection he can get away with while still selling the relationship.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Wed 23 Nov 2011, 23:32

Oh, and I would give my right arm to hear Stacy refer to George as her "elegant man-friend". If ever he wanted to come out of the closet, that would be the way to do it.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 23 Nov 2011, 23:50

LOL It is funny to me that we aren't the only ones noticing it. This stuff is coming from the media and I hope George reads it. The TomKate reference should give him a jolt. It is true this has gone very fast and Stacy is really fanning the flames like she has nothing to lose. I think everyone expects this to end and no one will be surprised when it does. It is possible she may not be around for the awards and that is why she is working this so hard. To me if she already knew she would have all those red carpets and it was guaranteed she wouldn't feel the need to talk so much and make sure everyone knew where they were going to be. Unless of course she is such a famewhore she needs this much attention in which case George is in trouble!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 24 Nov 2011, 01:14

Sometimes I get the feeling that stacy is not competing with Eli for attention from the public, but she is in competition with George for the attention. The outfits she wears at the premieres and the way she poses. the way she tweets about his dog. It comes off as if she is saying to the public " Don't look at him, don't look at George, look at me".

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 24 Nov 2011, 03:10

I think she dresses for attention so far most of dresses have been way too much for the event she has been attending and that last dress was for the attention and she got it. Let's face it an amazon tall blonde is a bit hard to miss.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 24 Nov 2011, 04:37

IMO: she is just interested in what the relationship can give her, she is emotionally needy, wildly ambitious, and thoroughly egocentric.
We would have to have an absurdly naive view of love and Hollywood relationships to believe that G. and S.K. are real couple.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down