George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin

3 posters

Go down

Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin Empty Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin

Post by Einstein Sat 23 Nov 2013, 21:11

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]International stars such as Madonna, Michael Douglas and George Clooney have been used here: at Soho House in Berlin-Mitte. Founder Nick Jones explains the success of the exclusive members club.When Nick Jones asks his recipe for success, you get a concise answer: "good food, good company, intelligent conversation and a pleasant atmosphere," says the 50-year-old and makes it stand out on the wide leather sofa in the spacious club-lounge in Berlin-Mitte comfortable. "Much more, it is not really."A man with taste will live here , you might as you enter the lofts think where we meet for our interview with the casually dressed man with a strong British accent. Right next to the seat at the end of a large flat screen TV hanging on the wall , there is a long table , good and like twelve guests can dine extensively on the . For dinner parties , perhaps, or for an evening with friends and a few gin and tonics . Music then could there be of the wing, which is at the end of the room. The food is prepared in the open kitchen .

For several days, discerning visitors to Berlin , who just do not want to spend the night in one of the many hotels in the city can live in one of four new Lofts at Torstraße . Because this is exactly what Nick Jones, who has come all the way on this evening for the opening of England, offer its guests a place to live , not just to stay. An apartment perfectly furnished flat - currently for 1200-2000 euros per night. And that evening Jones may again meet his favorite pastime : as hosts open the new lofts.

You can become a member only on the recommendation

Nick Jones is the founder of the first Soho Houses in London, a member - cub , of which there are now branches in New York , Miami, Hollywood , Toronto and since 2010 also in Berlin. You can become a member only upon the recommendation - provided you fit into your plan . This increases the exclusivity - and awakens the curiosity of all who can not simply just come over for after-work drinks on the rooftop pool at the Torstraße .

" The people who fit in with us should be independent , have their own opinion or a free spirit . And a creative soul possess ," said Jones, who joined as a restaurateur in the industry. " And there it is , in principle, no matter what exercise a profession , members or how old they are. " Opened in 1992, Jones the first club in London's Soho district to create a place to meet people from the creative scene and feel good - so the basic idea, a concept never really existed, says Jones. " The really good things in life arise out by accident , out of itself . "

Club in the building of the former SED Central

And the club in the German capital has many fans . Berliner celebrities are regularly in the spa, to meet at the bar or in the gym - and for international stars such as Madonna, Michael Douglas and George Clooney poses the question of where they want to stay in Berlin , not even . During the filming of "The Monuments Men " Clooney lived with the whole crew for several months at the club , which has been found in the building of the former SED Central a home. The same applies to Nick Jones himself, who regularly drop by in Berlin - and is convinced that the concept , that's none , perfectly fits to Berlin.

"We do not exclude any other German city , and also Hamburg and Munich have a great attraction ," said Jones, who next year plans to open two new clubs in Istanbul and Chicago. "But I like the club culture, the many restaurants, the many place here in Berlin. 20 years ago I would never have even imagine living here . Berlin was the right decision . Berlin Soho House is doing the good. " Why was the club on the Torstraße be current favorite club , Jones says , and laughs. "But that's all clubs like that. The one where I live now , is always my favorite. "
Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin Empty Re: Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin

Post by Einstein Sat 23 Nov 2013, 21:16

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Einstein
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin Empty Re: Where George Clooney feels at home in Berlin

Post by it's me Sat 23 Nov 2013, 21:58

really amazing Shocked 
but I guess we already had something like that
in the MM thread maybe

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 24 Nov 2013, 06:17

So George has been "used" there huh?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down