George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia

+21
laetval
Charley
Pari
phys major
Cinderella
lolo"layla"
melbert
LornaDoone
sisieq
it's me
Wolfgang Gunnerson
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
blubelle
pattygirl
lucy
watching
Katiedot
fluffy
Dexterdidit
Merlin
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia Empty George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia

Post by Merlin Tue 31 May 2011, 07:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tarvydas dresses the stars
ACCESS ALL AREAS, The West Australian
May 30, 2011, 10:00 am

Hollywood superstars George Clooney and Scarlett Johansson will add some serious star power to the official opening of the $1.2 billion Westfield Sydney shopping complex in October.

A spokesman for prominent Perth fashion label Tarvydas confirmed that Clooney and Johansson will head Down Under for the launch. The complex includes Tarvydas' stand-alone Sydney store.

Meanwhile, the King Street-based brand continues to make headlines with news Jessie Wallace, star of British soap EastEnders, loves the brand and has asked founder Ruth Tarvydas to design her wedding dress. Wallace chose to wear a white Grecian design by the brand to the British Soap Awards this month where she took home two gongs including one for Best Actress.

The star got engaged to Vincent Morse last month and, according to representatives for Tarvydas, will wear a specially designed dress for their wedding.

There will be Tarvydas glamour in Hollywood next week, with the brand dressing two celebrities for the MTV Movie Awards on June 5.

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 05:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited title of thread)
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia Empty Re: George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 31 May 2011, 07:44

Really? I can see Scarlett doing something like that but I don't see George with his movies etc coming out coming all the way out here to open a shop. I don't think George has ever done that! Be good if he comes but I won't be planning my plane ticket just yet.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia Empty Re: George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia

Post by fluffy Tue 31 May 2011, 10:05

Dex, would be nice for you if he did! Same here (UK), Gee's like a rabbit down a hole!! There's so much ground to cover, you just don't where he'll pop up!!! Couldn't see him this time round, Weybridge is wayyyyyy big, so literally needle in a haystack. Shame, would have been nice...booo hooooo!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 May 2011, 10:41

Hm, it does sound dubious, doesn't it? Mind you, he did do all those adverts for Emidio Tucci in spain some years back, so who knows?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 31 May 2011, 12:22

As one of the resident Australians on the forum, the newly built Westfield in Sydney opened last year It is mainly flashy designer stuff. From their website - "On October 28 2010 Westfield Sydney opened the first stage of the $1.2 billion Westfield Sydney redevelopment project." The opening of all the stores has been staggered but I think most of them are already up and running. I just check the website of the designer - the store at the Sydney Westfield is already open and her website has a picture of the front window of the store.

I have never heard of them and as far as I am aware, they are rarely in the Aus fashion publications but the celebs she states that she dresses make up an Australian D list with half of them I have never heard of.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 31 May 2011, 12:53

Thanks watching, after reading your comment it doesn't seem likely he'd be going. Just another way to attract peoples attention to the event? Seems to be alot of that going around lately.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 31 May 2011, 13:20

Sounds like they are just trying to get publicity. Even by who they are dressing in the UK they aren't exactly an A list stars style. I have never heard of them before either! Could be in financial trouble especially if they are located in Sydney the rent at those shops is very high! Where in Sydney is it? Is it the one in town? I moved away from Sydney a couple of years ago the rent was too high. I haven't been back in about 12 months! And no I don't miss the people and the traffic.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 31 May 2011, 13:57

Dex - It is part of the redevelopment of the Pitt Street Mall. It's about 6 levels high, it incorporates Centrepoint Tower and very slick looking. It is situated in between the Myer and David Jones department stores.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 05 Oct 2011, 07:28

Maybe this one is true!!!

Clooney to share success secrets in Sydney
Updated October 05, 2011 13:58:54

PHOTO: George Clooney uses his celebrity status to highlight important global issues. (Getty Images: Pascal Le Segretain)
MAP: Sydney 2000
George Clooney and Martha Stewart will head to Australia later this year to share their ideas on success and communication at the inaugural Global Leadership Forum.

The one-day seminar, which will take place at the Sydney Convention Centre on December 12, will give businesses and employees the opportunity to discuss future trends, brand management, business strategy and growth, technology and how to inspire people.

Clooney, who will speak at the event, has in recent years attempted to use his celebrity status to highlight important global issues, particularly the plight of those living in southern Sudan.

"There is more attention on celebrity than ever before - and there is a use for that besides selling products," he said in a statement.

"My job is to amplify the voice of the guy who lives in Darfur and is worried about his wife and children being slaughtered."

Stewart will tell the forum how she has used her personal strengths to build one of the most visible, successful and admired brands in the US.

Other speakers at the forum will include Russell Simons, co-founder of hip-hop label Def Jam Records, Jeff Taylor of Monster.com, microcredit pioneer Muhammad Yunus and Michael Fertik, founder of Reputation.com.

Topics: actor, business-economics-and-finance, sydney-2000, united-states
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 05 Oct 2011, 09:27

Bring. It. On. George hasn' t been here since he was promoting the Batman film I think.

From their website:

The Power of Collaboration, George Clooney, Actor, Activist, Co-founder Not On Our Watch.

WHEN
Sydney - Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre - Bayside Au
12 December 2011 - 08:30 - 17:00

Fees: Special Launch Rate of $880 inc GST per person. Valid until 6:00pm this Friday 7 October 2011

Includes: Refreshment breaks and networking lunch

Link

Personally, I doubt that it will happen at least with these people. Can you imagine Martha Stewart coming all this way a year after Oprah - think of the comparisons.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:36

880 bucks? Are they kidding? Not too many people will be going and that place is huge. If George comes it would be for a few days and I don't know about this! I have my doubts too.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 05 Oct 2011, 13:47

Sounds rather pricy, doesn't it? And that reads as being a bargain rate. Don't know how that equates to US $$ but still.

He went to Hong Kong, so he might. I guess it would depend on what he has on his plate at the time. Maybe he'll take SK and find her a nice Aussie bloke who'll give her what she really wants - wedding ring, babies, white picket fence. There are some pretty sexy Aussies down under.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 05 Oct 2011, 16:23

G and Martha???? On the same stage Quarrel 1
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 05 Oct 2011, 16:30

blubelle wrote:G and Martha???? On the same stage Quarrel 1

RFOL - Maybe Martha will hit G with one of her metal napkin holders. Angry
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 05 Oct 2011, 16:36

If he needs someone to accompany him, I'd be happy to go Down under with him. Hardy har har. geek
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 05 Oct 2011, 16:48

Yeah Right
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 05 Oct 2011, 16:51

MyGirl you are a bad, bad girl. We promise we won't tell hubby.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 05 Oct 2011, 17:05

cindigirl wrote:MyGirl you are a bad, bad girl. We promise we won't tell hubby.

oh believe me, he knows. Why do you think he puts up with me? And vice versa. LOL
super cool
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfgang Gunnerson Wed 05 Oct 2011, 21:55

It's a 14 hour flight to Sydney from LA. Roughly the same as going to Hong Kong. And beautiful & sunny summer in mid-December. sunny

Wow! If this is true, he's flying to all corners of the globe this year.

Wolfgang Gunnerson
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 05 Oct 2011, 22:25

ESATTO!

Wolf (can I?)
really fast with your avatar Razz
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 06 Oct 2011, 00:04

Dexterdidit wrote:880 bucks? Are they kidding? Not too many people will be going and that place is huge. If George comes it would be for a few days and I don't know about this! I have my doubts too.
This us usally attended by business people who can write it off on the taxes or business expenses.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:24

Yep, I think it's happening!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -george-clooney-coming-to-australia/story-fn907478-1226159930093

IT'S an exciting day for the women of Sydney! Fan favourite George Clooney has confirmed he'll hit our shores in December to speak at the Global Leadership Forum held at the Sydney Convention Centre.

The Ocean's Eleven star, who will be joined by lifestyle guru Martha Stewart and rap mogul (and boyfriend of Melissa George) Russell Simmons, is expected to head the impressive line-up of speakers at the Sydney Convention Centre and will reportedly discuss his career success and address issues in Southern Sudan.
The one-day seminar, (which will take place on December 12) will give businesses and employees the opportunity to discuss future trends, brand management, business strategy and growth, technology and how to inspire people.
In recent years Clooney has tried to use his celebrity to highlight important global issues, particularly the plight of those living in Sudan.

"There is more attention on celebrity than ever before," Clooney said.
"There is a use for that - besides selling products - to amplify the voice of the guy who lives in Darfur and is worried about his wife and children being slaughtered,"

A diehard charity campaigner, Clooney co-founded the Darfur aid organisation Not On Our Watch and began serving as a United Nations Messenger of Peace, receiving a UN Summit Peace Award with fellow actor Don Cheadle.
Last year he conceived and co-founded the Satellite Sentinel Project with human rights activist, best-selling author and Enough Project co-founder John Prendergast.

Stewart, meanwhile, is expected to share the insights she has gained over her expansive career and how she leveraged her brand across a range of different channels while Simmons will discuss his rise from the streets of New York 25 years ago.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 06 Oct 2011, 14:36

Oh man, George is going to Australia! George!! Take me! Take me!!

I've always wanted to visit Down Under! Looks like such a fantastic place!

Maybe his assistant won't be able to make the trip and he'll need a sub?

Hey, I can dream can't I?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 06 Oct 2011, 15:24

Might as well dream big. Australia is beautiful and the people are really friendly and nice. Their men seem so sexy, definitely not metrosexuals.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 07 Oct 2011, 00:39

Maybe he will come for a couple of days it will be summer then and he could have a ball. Doubt I will get up there but if I can I will.....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:42

From brand.com

Boutique public relations agency, Publicity Queen, has been appointed to manage the PR for George Clooney and Martha Stewart’s upcoming visit to Australia for the Global Leadership Forum. Presenting at the one-day business event hosted by The Growth Faculty, Clooney and Stewart headline a line-up of speakers. Publicity Queen has been engaged to generate awareness for the inaugural event within the corporate market.

Before we get too carried away, I'd assume that the agency was appointed by whoever's organising the event, not by team George.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 10 Oct 2011, 16:03

I still LMAO at the thought of G on the same stage as Martha Stewart. I read she was at the opening of IOM. Hey, maybe she's "the one".
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 10 Oct 2011, 17:05

blubelle wrote:I still LMAO at the thought of G on the same stage as Martha Stewart. I read she was at the opening of IOM. Hey, maybe she's "the one".

Yay, bluebelle,you solved the mystery, congratulations. That is truly a match "made in heaven". Can't you just picture it? HA,HA,HA! Razz
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 10 Oct 2011, 17:36

Yes I can picture Martha Stewart teaching George the proper etiquette for napkin and silverware placement, decorating, etc. And I can also picture George telling her to go to hell.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 10 Oct 2011, 21:56

CindiGirl - you crack me up!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia Empty Global Leadership Forum in australia

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 08 Nov 2011, 07:15

he Growth Faculty presents LIVE and EXCLUSIVELY a powerful one-day forum featuring six leaders of global business:

The Power of Collaboration, George Clooney, Actor, Activist, Co-founder Not On Our Watch

main link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12/12/2011

The Power of Collaboration
George Clooney, Actor, Activist, Co-founder Not On Our Watch and Satellite Sentinel Project

"There is more attention on celebrity than ever before - and there is a use for that besides selling products....My job is to amplify the voice of the guy who is worried about his wife and children being slaughtered." George Clooney

For the past five years, George Clooney has been working behind the scenes in the effort to help Southern Sudan. Newsweek recently labelled him a “Twenty-first century statesman”. Using the business acumen he’s acquired in Hollywood, together with his celebrity, George co-founded the Satellite Sentinel Project (SSP) which is an unprecedented collaboration between Not On Our Watch, the Enough Project, Google, the United Nations UNITAR Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT), DigitalGlobe, the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, and Trellon, LLC. And through this powerful collaboration he has been able to achieve exponential results.

The SSP uses satellite imagery and analysis to provide an early warning system to deter mass atrocities through enabling focussed world attention and rapid responses to these human rights and human security concerns.

In a rare public appearance, George will discuss how collaboration, negotiation and compromise have been critical to his success in business and his humanitarian work. George will discuss how we all use our circle of influence and personal power to make a difference to the issues that matter in our professional and personal lives.

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 08 Nov 2011, 13:52

Thanks lolo, if anyone needs to know, George appears on the 30 sec mark at the end. We should get Dex onto it! Supersleuth Gee out in December for us Dexy!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 08 Nov 2011, 15:09

Thanks, Lolo!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 08 Nov 2011, 19:41

u r welcome girls .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Tue 08 Nov 2011, 20:55

That is what I like to see the compassionate side of George....His movies don't do it for me but this does!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 08 Nov 2011, 22:27

i don't agree with you he is great actor can be funny , politician , thief , bad ass guy or bat man sure most of his films are very good to watch time after time ! IMO

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 22:42

I don't think there's anything that I don't like about Mr. Clooney, but I
do love his humanitarian work more.

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 08 Nov 2011, 23:11

yep his HW is good think makes me like him more and that he in fact kind man give from his time and money to help other people who in need for help is great in my book but i like him as an actor in ER or films and i will really be upset if he stop making movies his ones are very good films . few of them are excellent .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 09 Nov 2011, 00:42

Oh Lolo I'm not saying he is not a good actor.. I am a involved in Humanitarian work, my family and friends also ..So I tend to gravitate toward that when I find someone interesting..It also makes me respect him in this area of his life, more so than the acting gig...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 01:21

George is a brilliant actor and I'm looking forwards he playing Constantine!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 09 Nov 2011, 03:42

thanks phys major for clarifying that and thanks again for u and your family for the Humanitarian work , i wish i can do some in the future amen .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 19:15

Loved that term "unwrapping genius" cheers
Thanks Lolo Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 09 Nov 2011, 23:04

quel cagnolino è proprio bello, sai Pari?

nice puppy....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 09 Nov 2011, 23:09

u r welcome pari .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 10 Nov 2011, 18:36

YUP It's me... all same same Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 20 Nov 2011, 03:09

No George at the cocktail party.

VIP Cocktail Party
All speakers will be attending except for George Clooney.

For Oz readers, Mindfood magazine has a competition on it's website to win tickets to the conference if you are interested in attending.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 20 Nov 2011, 04:21

So George is flying all this way speaking but not attending the cocktail party? I'm still wondering if he is going to be there or if he is going to be on skype or something.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 20 Nov 2011, 09:17

Dec 12
no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:40

The article says, "in a rare public appearance" so should mean he will be there in person.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

George Clooney going to Global Leadership Forum in australia Empty George Clooney to headline creative leadership forum in Sydney

Post by Cinderella Wed 23 Nov 2011, 20:54

George Clooney to headline creative leadership forum in Sydney

23 Nov 2011

Actor George Clooney and entrepreneur Martha Stewart headline a cache of six internationally acclaimed business leaders presenting at the inaugural Global Leadership Forum.

Conducted by the The Growth Faculty at the Sydney Convention Centre on 12 December, the one day seminar is an opportunity for businesses and employees to be inspired by leaders who have revolutionised the way we communicate, invest, shop, use technology, act and live in global business.

The full line-up of speakers includes an impressive group of influential creative thinkers.

George Clooney, Actor, Producer, Activist, Co-Founder of Not On Our Watch and Satellite Sentinel Project
The Power of Collaboration

Martha Stewart, CEO, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
The Business of Building a Brand

Michael Fertik, Founder of Reputation.com
Online and On Guard: How To Build Brands and Protect Privacy

Russell Simmons, CEO, Rush Communications
Authentic LeadershipMuhammad Yunus, CEO, Grameen Bank
Social Business – A New Kind of Capitalism

Jeff Taylor, Founder, Monster.com and Eons.com
Find and Keep: The Future of Human Capital

More information on the series can be found on the Global Leadership Forum website.

I would love to hear him speak on this subject...
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next