George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George's interview about IOM & The Descendants EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's interview about IOM & The Descendants

+7
MyGirlKylie
Cinderella
lula-mae
sadDonkey
it's me
Katiedot
laetval
11 posters

Go down

George's interview about IOM & The Descendants Empty George's interview about IOM & The Descendants

Post by laetval Wed 26 Oct 2011, 09:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An actor out father
By Frank Rousseau

The steps in power, he wants to be President of the United States, and The Descendants, he has two daughters with whom he has trouble making contact. But all this is fiction. George Clooney does not want to enter politics and refuses to have children!

Elisabetta Canalis and him, that's it! Yet the single most coveted in the world is not free either. But do not count on George Clooney to spill on his relationship with Stacy Keibler, a wrestler. "She would not appreciate that I speak of our privacy. She is like me, very secretive about this kind of subject. And I do not want it sent me to the carpet for failing to comply with our deal, "says the actor, laughing. Of the two features that make it news, markets power (from 26 October) and The Descendants (coming out in early November in the U.S. with us and in January) and the rest, however, he is prolific .

You do not just play in "The steps of power", but are also the director. When does Clooney the actor he wanted to get behind the camera?
The achievement is something that tickled me since the age of 5 years. From the time my baby-sitter named WKRC, a local channel on which my father hosted a game show, like my parents could not afford to pay someone to keep me, my father left me squarely in technicians legs! I was hanging a lot on the set and I knew all the tricks of the show, the smell of the stage, behind the scenes, the lighting. The job came back like that. By opening your eyes and ears ...

In this film, you play as Mike Morris, an idealistic and ambitious governor campaigned to become President of the United States. You who are very involved in environmental and humanitarian Have you ever considered, if only a fraction of a second, run for office in the White House?
No! Politics is a profession that does not just happen! My actions, my actions are personal. I do not represent a nation. Let alone a party. My only ambition is to make myself useful, to use my fame to get certain messages. The laurels, consideration, recognition, I leave it to others! And even ... Who would want a guy like me? I smoked pot when I was younger, my longest love affair was one I had with Max, a pig, and I have a big penchant for tequila! Admit that with all the pots to my buttocks, I would have no chance!

Other players have made the same speech yet have reconsidered the question ...
I am ready to certify in writing. (Laughter.) The policies, in my view, are people who drive more for themselves than for the people!

And Obama, what do you think of him?
I love this guy! It's a hard worker. I can assure you that it made every effort to bring the country out of the mess it is up to his neck!

Power, in political, can also make them believe they are above the laws, manners. A comment on the case DSK?
I understand that he had admitted to having "inappropriate relations". Between you and me, I find most silly! How a guy so smart, a man who could have become president he could be misled in such a story? In any case, it would make a nice movie!

In "The Descendants", you play a father who, following the tragic accident suffered by his wife, tries to reconnect with his daughters. There are a lot of emotion, suffering, but also humor. You who have no children, how have you slipped into this role?
An actor is someone who has the ability to invest different body wraps. Some colleagues are known to do extensive research before playing a role, and sometimes they even place themselves under the same conditions before a character to embody. I do not work like that. If tomorrow, I proposed to play a heroin addict, do not expect me to shoot! (Laughter.) The same goes for a serial killer, I would not knock out my family history to be "credible" on the screen. In fact, when I play the father pushed by events, I appeal to my imagination. I try above all to understand how I would react if I had to face the same tragedy. The rest is an improviser!

Do you think you would make a good dad?
My synapses were never incorporated this possibility! It's like if you asked me how I would react in the presence of an alien. But hey, let ... If I had children, my first instinct would be to make every effort so they do not Facebook, Twitter, or worse, a mobile phone on which they constantly send SMS. This ensures that these tools are used to communicate, but I do not agree, I think, on the contrary, they are to be locked in isolation. When I see a teenager in his corner, frantically tapping on the keyboard of a smartphone, I have only one desire: to see him and invite him to ride a bike, basketball, short, to spend and get rid of these "straitjackets" technology!

But are you comfortable with the children?
I think I'm some kind of Uncle fufu in their presence. On the set of The Descendants, I was the one who made jokes repeatedly. Saying to the two young actresses who play my daughters to have fun doing all the crap they went through my head! I remember in particular Amara Miller, who had never played before. She had to shoot a scene in which she was seen eating ice, and I did not think to tell him that it was not always swallow! So, after the fifteenth taken, she complained of stomach ache, vomited and began to cry. I was not proud of myself ....

What are the chances that you change your mind about procreation?
Cause other small Clooney is not the program and never will be!

Now imagine that you have children in your opinion, would they rather cerebral or physical?
How do you want me to answer that? (Laughter.) I do not know damn thing! I guess they would, like me, a club foot, eight fingers on each hand and graying hair at birth!

And you, what kid were you?
My parents always pushed me to defend my beliefs! I grew up in Kentucky and in the early 60's, I heard many speeches or racist comments against the African American community. It was unbearable. So, I came home with black eyes. I was not very hard fighting, but when it came to fighting injustice, I had no language in my pocket.

Your father he always looked with admiration, and it happened to doubt your abilities?
My parents were very disappointed that I left college before graduating. Especially when I told them it was to try my luck in Hollywood. In fact, I kept my father's letters, written some eight or nine years (note: so after the box of "Ocean's Eleven"), and in which he asked me - AGAIN! - Find me a real job! (Laughter.)

Did you know that Hugh Jackman will engage in fair trade coffee, with all proceeds going to a humanitarian cause? And you, if you were to launch a product in your name, what would it be?
I drink lots of coffee, but I eat the most is the tequila. So for that matter, I would drink the tequila in a charitable!

Not driving one of your Harley, anyway?
Imagine that in August, I went for a ride from my house on Lake Como, and that, in Chamonix, I discovered the wormwood liqueur! Waooouh! What return on the palate!

Are you the opportunity to attempt to climb Mount Blanc?
After tasting the local specialties, I was no longer able to ride my Harley ... then the Mont Blanc, you do not think!

Last edited by laetval on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 14:58; edited 1 time in total
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George's interview about IOM & The Descendants Empty Re: George's interview about IOM & The Descendants

Post by Katiedot Wed 26 Oct 2011, 14:08

Interesting interview. Which publication is it from? Can you post the original French (? Italian?) too? I'm trying to puzzle out the first couple of quotes from George.

Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George's interview about IOM & The Descendants Empty Re: George's interview about IOM & The Descendants

Post by it's me Wed 26 Oct 2011, 14:09

true?
lying?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 15:52

Un acteur hors père
Par Frank Rousseau

LINK

«Elle n’apprécierait pas que je parle de notre vie privée. Elle est comme moi, très secrète sur ce genre de sujet. Et je n’ai aucune envie qu’elle m’envoie au tapis pour ne pas avoir respecté notre deal», confie le comédien en éclatant de rire.

Maybe a native french speaker could help me out with this sentence

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:00

Hi Saddonkey,
I would translate like that:
" I don't want her to kick my ass for not sticking with the deal( or arrangement)"
But I can't find the real term in english for respecter, i don't know if you say respect a deal in english.

"M'envoyer au tapis" is slang for kicking someone's ass

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:07

Thank you very much Lula-Mae
I had troubles to understand "qu’elle m’envoie".
But now I know what he meant.
to respect a deal makes sense, but I don´t know either if it is a real term. Thanks again Give Flowers2

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:08

You are very much welcome!
Glad i could help Smile

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:12

sadDonkey wrote:Un acteur hors père
Par Frank Rousseau

LINK

«Elle n’apprécierait pas que je parle de notre vie privée. Elle est comme moi, très secrète sur ce genre de sujet. Et je n’ai aucune envie qu’elle m’envoie au tapis pour ne pas avoir respecté notre deal», confie le comédien en éclatant de rire.

Maybe a native french speaker could help me out with this sentence

I don't want she throws me down (or knocks me out) to not having respected our deal.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:15

Thank you Laetval
Flowers for you too Give Flowers2

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:33

Interesting interview...
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 26 Oct 2011, 18:26

Lol @ poor Amara.

Thanks for the translations, guys.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:36

but
is it real?
did he really say that
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 26 Oct 2011, 21:20

These quotes are so subject to translation. #1, he makes his statements in English. #2, reporter translates them into French(in this case). #3, google translator or bing translator, translates them into English again. SOOOO, that being the case, who knows what he actually did say! It's sort of like the American game of Telephone. Whisper something in someone's ear, that person whispers into the next person in line's ear, and so on down the line. Last one in line says what they heard outloud and it usually nowhere near what the first person said. Shocked
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 26 Oct 2011, 21:28

could be

ok
the usual bullshhhh
true untrue
we will never know

so
why bother
(they writing->we reading) ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 26 Oct 2011, 21:29

Hahaha, that's how rumors start and end up.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Wed 26 Oct 2011, 22:55

pattygirl wrote: Whisper something in someone's ear, that person whispers into the next person in line's ear, and so on down the line. Last one in line says what they heard outloud and it usually nowhere near what the first person said. Shocked

When I was a kid we use to call that game Telephone. Smile

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 28 Oct 2011, 01:27

Well, it kind of sounds like his confirmation on what link of deal he has going with her. We know that its no secret that he is a private person when not talking about his ladies. So he didn't have to confirm that part. but he mentions their "deal". Now I find that aspect very interesting. It sounds like the kiss of death to a relationship, no? But in a very slight and quiet way. He seems to be saying that their deal keeps her quiet, so he doesn't quite give the details of their deal away, that may embarrass her and she might flip flop him to the mat and kick his butt! I am always reading in between the lines. Laughing
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 28 Oct 2011, 02:06

OOps, I see a misprint. "on what link kind * of deal he has going with her"... Sorry. Smile
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down