George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him??

+31
NotAvailable
LornaDoone
Cinderella
macs
watching
Pari
Dior
Jade
sisieq
Dexterdidit
it's me
lolo"layla"
dakota007
Ello
blubelle
MyGirlKylie
lovelylois
MM
lelacorb
sadDonkey
cindigirl
sandwiches
Clooneylicious61
Casey
Atalante
Katiedot
doris day
lula-mae
pattygirl
lucy
bellybaby
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Has George's current love life changed your view of him?

Yes, I think worse of him

Yes, I think better of him

No, my view hasn't changed

It's too early for me to decide

View results

Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him??

Post by blubelle Tue 25 Oct 2011, 17:41

I agree that it is difficult if not impossible to equate an actors movie roles to him/her personally. If someone plays Superman- well is that person to be help to a super human standard? There have been entertainers that I refuse to follow because what they have said offended me. They have made statements offensive to large segments of the population here and abroad. I find that different than someones personal life choices.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? - Page 4 Empty Re: Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him??

Post by Ello Wed 26 Oct 2011, 01:38

Lorna,I don't really understand that argument, I don't see why a person's faults should necessarily destroy their credibility in all things. Surely it depends what those faults are? If George were demonstrably dishonest then it would make sense not to listen to anything he says but his fault is a different one.

I would agree that he's the wrong person to be narrating Nick Kristoff 's book, given how he treats women, but the fact that he is narrating it means more people will read it, which is all that counts.

Likewise, he is clearly well informed about Sudan and genuine in his interest, he doesn't become less of an authority because of who he dates. Everybody has faults and everyone is hypocritical, and we can withdraw our support at the box office if we find George sins sufficiently damning. We can discount his opinion on all things, but that opinion will still be better informed than the great majority of other celebrities.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 26 Oct 2011, 02:42

Does he really treat women (his women) so badly? He isn't physicallyabusive, treats them well, is honest in his treatment of them and they know from the getgo where he stands. The women go into this lifestyle with their eyes wide open and all seem to revel in it.
How does this make him "the wrong person" to narrate the book.
What is so terribly wrong with what he's doing? If he wishes to date women 18 or 20 years his junior, what is wrong with that? Who does it hurt? The answers, IMHO, are nothing and no.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 26 Oct 2011, 13:27

The women are consenting adults. His treatment of them might make him a jerk, but it's not immoral IMO.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 26 Oct 2011, 13:43

he's not a jerk

only a stupidly stubborn one
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:27

Patty, I totally agree with you. No one is underage, both parties know the rules, and each of them know the benefits.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:30

pattygirl wrote:What is so terribly wrong with what he's doing? If he wishes to date women 18 or 20 years his junior, what is wrong with that? Who does it hurt? The answers, IMHO, are nothing and no.

My sentiments exactly patty, for which I got criticized. good luck! LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:37

I've got broad shoulders, cindi. I can take it. cheers
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 26 Oct 2011, 16:42

Brava! lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 26 Oct 2011, 19:54

blubelle wrote:Patty, I totally agree with you. No one is underage, both parties know the rules, and each of them know the benefits.

all winwin?

no
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 26 Oct 2011, 22:50

Well I guess I take life too seriously.
For me dignity, pride, integrity...matters.
I am/was disappointed because I found out, that he is not the man I thought he was...
I still like/love him, though. And if some ask why...
"Don´t look for logic in the chambers of a human heart" Wink

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 26 Oct 2011, 22:56

sadDonkey, you are sooooo sweet, I just want to cuddle you!
Please don't forget LOVE, it matters too.
Love7
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 26 Oct 2011, 23:26

sadDonkey wrote:
Well I guess I take life too seriously.
For me dignity, pride, integrity...matters.
I am/was disappointed because I found out, that he is not the man I thought he was...
I still like/love him, though. And if some ask why...
"Don´t look for logic in the chambers of George's brain" Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Thu 27 Oct 2011, 00:04

It is the same with my brain, sigh.

Last edited by Dior on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 00:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the brain)
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 27 Oct 2011, 00:09

blubelle wrote:Patty, I totally agree with you. No one is underage, both parties know the rules, and each of them know the benefits.

Yeah Right
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 27 Oct 2011, 02:14

I think that if any of us ( posters here) really, truly change our opinion of GC, because of his “”current relationship””, we wouldn’t be on this forum any more. We would not read, write and talk about him. We would leave. I don’t see many people who did that. Some of us, are more or less disappointed , trying to understand him or make excuses for his behaviour, but he is still George, and we are still here.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 27 Oct 2011, 04:25

No... I'm not here. lol! Just kidding... Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 27 Oct 2011, 18:26

Unfortunately I'm still here but I want to be with him !!!!!!!!!!!!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 28 Oct 2011, 00:52

Me, I'm an optimist I must be still following George after all these years. That's why I'm still around. Plus I have made so many friends over the years what would I do without everybody? My day would be so much more boring, although Dexter would get more attention......
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 28 Oct 2011, 01:09

Ha ha ha hhaaaa... George has a way of making everyone around him "stubborn mules" I guess ;-) Laughing Just jokering Very Happy jocolor ha ha ahaaa...

The ONLY person who DOES NOT WANT to be with George, seems to be George himself Smile

Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 28 Oct 2011, 02:27

Oh, I think George gets plenty of alone time.
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 28 Oct 2011, 02:41

Yup, just me and him - A L O N E!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love7
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 28 Oct 2011, 03:17

Ufffff!!! Ladies!!! Have you not already heard? Do not covet your neighbour's goods... spouse... errrrr... girls... girlfriends...??? Very Happy
Hmmm... on George's Board... that will be... Bricks ha ah ah ahhahaaaa
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 28 Oct 2011, 07:12

"The ONLY person who DOES NOT WANT to be with George, seems to be George himself "

ouch!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 28 Oct 2011, 16:01

melbert wrote:Yup, just me and him - A L O N E!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love7

Melbert... you naughty girl! Don't we all wish! lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 28 Oct 2011, 16:02

Flood control... bah!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 28 Oct 2011, 16:52

He's been a bed hopping, man slvt the whole time I've been a fan, doesn't seem like he's going to change so I don't see why it should change my opinion of him. lol!

People take these things too seriously, considering its someone they don't know personally. scratch
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Fri 28 Oct 2011, 17:10

MyGirlKylie wrote:He's been a bed hopping, man slvt the whole time I've been a fan, doesn't seem like he's going to change so I don't see why it should change my opinion of him. lol!

People take these things too seriously, considering its someone they don't know personally. scratch

+1 Juggling
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 28 Oct 2011, 22:08

Are your arms getting tired yet?
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Mon 21 Nov 2011, 14:32

After reading all your comments I've noticed that some of you think it's a PR relationship other think it's real.
No matter what it is, it's a loose- loose situation. If it's PR then he is a liar and an hypocrite, if it's real then he is just a moron and there nothing left for me to admire.
The fact that he's attracted only by shameless bimbos and need a trophy "wife" by his side tells a lot about his character.
If Stacy is the kind of girl he wants to promote and help in her career then he's not worthy of my respect (I know it won't prevent him from sleeping).
I'm a bit disgusted by his behaviour recently and to me he's lost all his appeal the day he stood publicly in front of photographers on a red carpet with Stacy, giving her a publicity she would never have had without him.
Before that I've never heard of her and I was fine not knowing about the sophistication that is the wrestling world.

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 21 Nov 2011, 14:44

ohh..lula-mae..ma chérie
I feel what you feel.
But then there are times I see him in interviews and the big smile is back on my face. Then he does things like that and I go like No

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Mon 21 Nov 2011, 14:48

Merci Sad donkey.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling that way Very Happy

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 21 Nov 2011, 14:54

No you are not!
COH is like a therapy. You should post more often. You will see, when you write down your feelings, you feel better.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Mon 21 Nov 2011, 21:26

Well, if you are G.C. fan, you better be prepared for a rough roller coaster ride with a lot of bumps and holes on the way. It's a kind of love and hate "relationship".
All of us want him to be happy and try to decide what would make him luckiest guy in the world, but it is judged by our own standards, not his. If we approve his actions we praise him, when he does something out of his character or our expectations we are very disappointed. Fact is that he lives his life the way he wants to and doesn't ask for anybody's approval (IMO not even his parents).
He said few times that he doesn't care if we will watch his movies or like him. He is already at the top of his career, how far he will go only time will tell.
This same situation applies to his private life. Nobody forces him to get into those relationships. He is not stupid. He does not need PR girlfriends. But again it is his decision to have them, IMO he uses them as much as they use him. I don't see any real "I am in love with you" on either side. I wouldn't take seriously any of those GIRLS because he said to them "I love you", he probably said that many times to his pig Max or Einstein.
And again, I don't think that his relationship with Stacy has that much to do with EC. She is no threat to him in any way.
So we can be his fans or not and to all of our questions he would probably answer: that is the way I like it. Take it or leave it, it is your choice. AND IT IS.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 21 Nov 2011, 21:34

but zizi I don't want him to be a pig Crying or Very sad
or numb
or arrogant
Sad

but I agree with many of your points.
You deserve a green stripe.
As I can't vote for a post anymore for today,
you get one tomorrow.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Mon 21 Nov 2011, 22:17

Thanks SD, I don't want that either , but I do not think that we will get an invitation for coffee and little chat with him, so we could tell him what we expect him to do with his life. This is why we come to COH, like you said: for therapy, for our stress relief.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 22 Nov 2011, 03:20

i love u zizi , and i love how u think and care about the man even if u are angry with him it's coming from love "i agree with u on many points " .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 22 Nov 2011, 03:49

Ello wrote:Lorna,I don't really understand that argument, I don't see why a person's faults should necessarily destroy their credibility in all things. Surely it depends what those faults are? If George were demonstrably dishonest then it would make sense not to listen to anything he says but his fault is a different one.

I would agree that he's the wrong person to be narrating Nick Kristoff 's book, given how he treats women, but the fact that he is narrating it means more people will read it, which is all that counts.

Likewise, he is clearly well informed about Sudan and genuine in his interest, he doesn't become less of an authority because of who he dates. Everybody has faults and everyone is hypocritical, and we can withdraw our support at the box office if we find George sins sufficiently damning. We can discount his opinion on all things, but that opinion will still be better informed than the great majority of other celebrities.

You know I really don't care about this subject any more. So many people will defend him no matter what. The fact that I believe he loses credibility when he treats women like cattle doesn't seem to make a difference in his efforts in Sudan. I mean seriously, he really hasn't had much impact has he? So he pays for a satellite to watch over the border. Hasn't stopped the killing, hasn't stopped the atrocities. So I realize now it doesn't matter what George does. It has made NO difference.

George made an interesting commentary in his film The Ides of March. Don't have heroes, they'll only break your heart. And I have to agree with him.

Why the hell should I care this he has no credibility it's only a bunch of farmers in another country that has no impact on my life. So really, why should I care what the hell George does and how it could affect his efforts in Sudan.

No one else seems to think it's important to have credibility. So why the hell should I? I find it fascinating how people will find a way to disassociate his personal actions with his credibility. I'm sorry but I've always thought that you need to be the example not the exception. But I keep forgetting that celebrities are ALWAYS cut slack no matter what they do.

So it doesn't matter that George is ineffective. Why the hell should I care. Just one thing - I hope George never decides to involve himself in anything that impacts me directly cause then I'd really be worried.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4