George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Grant Heslov - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Grant Heslov

+23
Picachu
theminis
pandabear
What Would He Say
playfuldeb
Nicky80
Doug Ross
ktsue2002
amaretti
Mazy
cupcake
Maggy
Margou
Sylvia Cheevers
silly girl
party animal - not!
Vi
melbert
Joanna
it's me
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Grant Heslov - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Heslov

Post by it's me Wed 12 Jun 2013, 23:03

So second marriage for both of them
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 12 Jun 2013, 23:04

Looks that way
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 12 Jun 2013, 23:08

Learning from mistakes....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 12 Jun 2013, 23:52

playfuldeb wrote:
what would he say wrote:MAYBE ONLINE, NOW THERE'S A THOUGHT....X

Now if everything we sought answers for were searched online, there would be no discussions on this forum, and I, for one, really enjoy the interactions of my virtual friends here. Plus, this forum is like taking a bunch of internet retrivals of information and combining them in this centralized location, and I also appreciate that!
Sorry ...not being clear again....I meant maybe they met online...V modern and romantic...X
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 13 Jun 2013, 00:11

Ocean xxx wrote:Not much info available on Lysa. Mainly about Mending Hearts charity.
She's from Savannah, same age as Grant & was an indie music producer prior to marrying him.

As for Grant, his friendship with George goes way back to 1982. Apparently Grant lent him $200 for his head shots at the time & George remained forever grateful. Solid friendship.

Re: soulmates - well, maybe it's like a strong magnetic pull you cannot control. Often "feeling" or thinking about them, synchronized or parrallel thoughts....not sure how to explain.... Too confusing for me.
Ocean, 
Maybe Grant and George are a good example of "Soul Mates"....When we take our head's out of the relationship trap...anything is possible.
However, I have a very "magnetic pull" for moustached film star....who is sadly oblivious of the fact.Sad....XXX
Hugs from
Halfy
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 13 Jun 2013, 02:24

Actually Candace Levenson is the widow of Grant's brother Steven.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 13 Jun 2013, 02:25

Really, another article stated she was Grants first wife - apologies if I got it wrong, will go back and find original article.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 13 Jun 2013, 02:30

I don't think we need to have someone to make us whole, that is something that we have to do for ourselves. We hopefully can be happy sharing our life with someone however we cannot expect them to complete us. In my opinion when we meet our soulmate we will know it. When you can be with someone and not have to talk or explain ourselves or entertain each other. You just know the other without the need for words.

You can look at the sky, the ocean or whatever and know what you mate is feeling. You just know that this relationship that was meant to be. For whatever reason a lot of us just settle for less. JMHO

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 13 Jun 2013, 02:30

Yes you are right Pandabear, apologies all, the article that I had found did not specify which Heslov she was married too, the writer assumed, as did I.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 07:25

Mazy wrote:I don't think we need to have someone to make us whole, that is something that we have to do for ourselves. We hopefully can be happy sharing our life with someone however we cannot expect them to complete us. In my opinion when we meet our soulmate we will know it. When you can be with someone and not have to talk or explain ourselves or entertain each other. You just know the other without the need for words.

You can look at the sky, the ocean or whatever and know what you mate is feeling. You just know that this relationship that was meant to be. For whatever reason a lot of us just settle for less. JMHO

Zen

Very well said Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 07:27

pandabear wrote:Actually Candace Levenson is the widow of Grant's brother Steven.

Grant's brother died? Didn't know he had a brother
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 07:28

pandabear wrote:I remember reading that Grant and Lysa got married in 2008.  I think Olivia is from a previous relationship from Lysa.

Ah thanks, for some reason I thought they are married longer than that.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 13 Jun 2013, 09:08

Her real name seems different 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Fri 14 Jun 2013, 00:07

Ocean xxx wrote:YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!
Locks horned!

Aries women are TOO IMPULSIVE!!

(Huh?  scratch  I meant horns locked. LOL)

Maybe maiden name...

Last edited by Ocean xxx on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 00:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : jetlag)

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 14 Jun 2013, 02:12

So if you're thinking about a person all the time, love them no matter what it seems, and they can make you cry at the drop of the hat, chances are you're in that state of being a soul mate?

And they tho they don't talk very much, have also indicated experiencing the same thing, also feel the same, loving so much it hurts, both have crossed beyond the normal bounds of what is most commonly accepted as love?

I've been told its obsession. But who can define what another feels? Yet its a calm relationship. We only get upset when things go wrong or we are separated for whatever reason. We have experienced a long separation for a while, forced by circumstances beyond our control.

I am going to be 60 years old. I never expected this to happen. I was formerly disinterested in a relationship, but lets say, on meeting him, I began to change my mind. He was the only one that seemed more a reasonable choice for a partner. And now, I cannot imagine my life without him. Our love is so tangible, that we only need to be in the same place to feel it's power and yes, happiness feels like the sun shining.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 14 Jun 2013, 02:34

Joanie are you relating your above post to the thread Grant Heslov or did you mean to post this elsewhere?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Fri 14 Jun 2013, 03:38

Oops sorry his brother Steve didn't die, his wife Candace Levenson died.  Sorry for the mistake.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 14 Jun 2013, 06:37

theminis, it was only related to the subject of better halfs/ soul mates and love as mentioned above. Wouldn't know where to just simply post it and it wouldn't relate to anything else. Only the subject mentioned above by Mazy and Nicky80. Embarassed
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 14 Jun 2013, 07:32

I like to read your descriptions, Joanie! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 14 Jun 2013, 07:39

Me too!

"Happiness feels like the sun shining."

Wow!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sat 15 Jun 2013, 08:51

sunny 

great post, Joanie's Clone.  
I agree it can be defined like a madness of intense emotion for those fortunate to find it.
Hits you when you least expect it & sometimes with improbable person you expect.  Guess we just can't plan or control it...

As for Grant & Lysa, they seem to have a strong bond. Just my observation watching how lovingly they kissed at Award ceremonies when Grant won.  Genuine affection & happy. 
He must have a lot of pressure working as the partner of someone with such a high profile as George Clooney, so it's great that Lysa is a strong & supportive backbone to Grant.  That's important in any relationship. Balance.

Joanie's Clone wrote:So if you're thinking about a person all the time, love them no matter what it seems, and they can make you cry at the drop of the hat, chances are you're in that state of being a soul mate?

And they tho they don't talk very much, have also indicated experiencing the same thing, also feel the same, loving so much it hurts, both have crossed beyond the normal bounds of what is most commonly accepted as love?

I've been told its obsession. But who can define what another feels?...

Last edited by Juliette Hardy on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 09:07; edited 1 time in total
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 15 Jun 2013, 08:56

When he won she cried too Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 21:30

Joanie's Clone wrote:So if you're thinking about a person all the time, love them no matter what it seems, and they can make you cry at the drop of the hat, chances are you're in that state of being a soul mate?

I've been told its obsession. But who can define what another feels? Yet its a calm relationship. We only get upset when things go wrong or we are separated for whatever reason. We have experienced a long separation for a while, forced by circumstances beyond our control.

I am going to be 60 years old. I never expected this to happen. I was formerly disinterested in a relationship, but lets say, on meeting him, I began to change my mind. He was the only one that seemed more a reasonable choice for a partner. And now, I cannot imagine my life without him. Our love is so tangible, that we only need to be in the same place to feel it's power and yes, happiness feels like the sun shining.

Nice post Joanie's Clone. I'm so happy for you that you found the right partner on your side. I guess it shows doesn't matter what age it can always happen Very Happy There is still hope for George LOL and ME cheers

I think it is great that Grant believes in marriege and did married again late his age. He must believe in Love and a good marriege. He is a great friend for George Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 15 Jun 2013, 22:24

I think he must be a good role model for George as well with regards to his personal life.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 02 May 2014, 19:53

found on frenchies

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ELEGANCE REFINED

A TOP HOLLYWOOD PRODUCER AND HIS PHILANTHROPIST WIFE DISCOVER SOLACE AND SOPHISTICATION IN SHERMAN OAKS.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It’s no surprise that the Sherman Oaks home of Grant and Lysa Heslov reeks with elegance, creativity and good taste. He is an Oscar-winning writer and producer; she is also a pedigreed filmmaker and the founder of an innovative children’s charity. They discovered the property, tucked in a charming neighborhood south of the Boulevard, while living in Studio City in 2009. Needing bigger digs, the couple contemplated remodeling. 
“My kids (Olivia and Maya) were younger, and they were just not great with change. And so you’re like, ‘Okay, what do we do?’” remembers Lysa. 

Rather than renovate, the Heslovs went house hunting. “We both just have such crazy lives, so we were happy when we found this place we could just move into.” Wearing loose-fitting red track pants, a T-shirt and no makeup, the Georgia native looks every bit as unfussy and relaxed as the home she has created. 
Although the house was appealingly turnkey, they’ve reworked many aspects, including remodeling the kitchen and bathrooms. Cream and white tones with accents of red and dark, mostly reclaimed wood, abound here. The main living area, adjacent to the bright Carrera marble kitchen, has a huge, custom-made Holly Hunt sectional sofa that’s perfect for lounging, with a large square ottoman in lieu of a coffee table. 
The delightful, 6,000-square-foot home has an open floor plan and great flow, with large rooms including a gym and movie screening room. With the main structure relatively close to the curb, the backyard is deceptively vast.
Grant and Lysa’s ground-floor master bedroom and the family room both wrap around a substantial back porch of brick. Beyond the grassy expanse is another dining area, sheltered by a trellised pergola. Beyond that is the tranquil swimming pool, flanked by citrus and apple trees and a sizable, year-round vegetable garden with raised boxes, accented by flowering marigolds and borage.
“We’re a big, rowdy family. We wanted a place for the kids to play. And I tend to just collect animals all over the place,” she admits with a rueful grin. Four contented rescue pooches quietly trot about the property. 

“This street is really beautiful, and it feels like a neighborhood to me,” she continues. The fact that Ventura Boulevard, with its shops and restaurants, is a short walk away was also a plus. “The Valley is the coolest place in the world to live. I’m so comfortable here.”
In particular the couple loves La Cava (an intimate “cucina Italiana”) and the sushi spot Asanebo. “We’re at Asanebo once a week usually. When we want a ‘belly bomb’ and are craving a burger, The Counter’s good,” she laughs.
Grant and Lysa, who met at a political fundraising party, have been married for 15 years. You might remember Grant Heslov in 1994’s action comedy movie True Lies, playing Arnold Schwarzenegger’s covert ops assistant Faisal. 
The young actor became friends with George Clooney during the ‘80s. In what is now a well-known story, Grant even loaned the struggling actor $100 to get some head shots. The pair remained friends, working together on George’s Good Night, and Good Luck in 2006. 

Around that time George’s production partnership with director Steven Soder-bergh concluded, and he and Grant started their own production company, Smokehouse Pictures. Among their feature film credits: Argo, which won an Oscar for best picture and more recently, August: Osage County and The Monuments Men. 

The coveted golden statue for Argo resides in Grant’s home office. He recalls, “That was really exciting. It’s really fun to win. Anybody tells you it’s not, they’re lying!”
Lysa, meantime, is focusing most of her efforts on her charity, Children Mending Hearts, an LA-based after-school program she started last year that is aimed at empowering disadvantaged kids. 
After visiting Darfur and Congo, Lysa was struck by how children who struggled in war-torn countries faced similar battles as underprivileged children in the States. She wanted to find a way to empower children everywhere and teach them how to become empathetic global citizens through art, creativity and connectivity. 
“A gang member and a boy soldier have a lot in common. So do a girl here who’s sold into sex trafficking and a girl in Congo who has suffered gender-based violence,” she observes. 
Children Mending Hearts started with 39 kids. “Now we’re servicing over 800 children a week,” says Lysa. “We don’t charge for the curriculum—we raise the money for it.” 

Lysa is passionate about growing the “grassroots” non-profit, impacting the lives of more children in the years to come. For more, go to 
childrenmendinghearts.org.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 02 May 2014, 20:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 02 May 2014, 20:24

Lysa visited Darfur as well. Wonder if it was the same time with George???
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 02 May 2014, 23:01

Gorgeous home - looks well lived in and comfy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 15 May 2014, 19:48

and a very Happy Birthday to Grant Heslov!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 15 May 2014, 19:57

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 16 May 2014, 04:11

theminis wrote:Gorgeous home - looks well lived in and comfy

what I always keep forgetting is that Grant is George's producing "partner" so that means he makes as much DOUGH as George does from a lot of these films.

Gotta be rolling in it too!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 May 2014, 22:27

Buon compleanno Grant! Cheerleader 

hope you had a great day with your so nice family  Give Flowers2
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 May 2014, 23:11

Apparently Lysa Heslov's dog has been taken from/disappeared from the front of their home

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 May 2014, 23:17

I read too
so sad
a sweet member of the family was robbed

Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 17 May 2014, 09:37

OH no  Shocked  I hope they find the dog
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 17 May 2014, 14:33

In the article it says they've been married for 15 years, but i thought i've read on this forum that they married in 2008? Also, both her children have his last name, are either of them his or her biological children though? Older daughter is 19 and younger one is 11 or 12. Well I know this from Instagram

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 May 2014, 16:42

second marriage I think
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content