George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Let's Convince George to run for President!
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024, 15:27 by LizzyNY

» An open letter to George Clooney
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Jul 2024, 20:43 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's five best performances

+18
Mark Browning
Mazy
silly girl
Nicky80
m4rose
Lighterside
party animal - not!
theminis
Maggy
zizi
iamnoone
alriv
cindigirl
Missa
Joanna
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney's five best performances

Post by LornaDoone Sun 08 Dec 2013, 16:36

I just watched Michael Clayton again. Found this second viewing just as entertaining as the first.

My fave GC film though is Out of Sight and a lot of that had to do with the on-screen chemistry between George and JLo. Also, the direction by Soderbergh - he did some things I had not seen in film before (as he did with Sex Lies & Videotape) which was refreshing.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's five best performances - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney's five best performances

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 08 Dec 2013, 19:20

1. Michael Clayton - I simply love this movie, and I think George mined the character for all it was worth. Very nuanced performance.

2. Syriana - He just embodied that role; there was no "George Clooney" to be seen.

3. Up in the Air - This should actually be The Descendants, because I think the acting was excellent in that one, but the voiceover detracted from it for me. Not that it was bad, it just paled in comparison to his wonderful performance on the screen. If you're going to do voiceover, that just can't happen.

4. The Descendants - see above.

5. Three Kings - I pick this over O, Brother simply because I prefer GC in dramatic roles. But he was very good in O, Brother, and really dedicated himself to the character. In Kings, he was emotional but controlled, which is what the story called for.

My runners-up would be O, Brother... ; Out of Sight; Good Night, and Good Luck (didn't make the primary list because of the relatively small role); One Fine Day; and Solaris.

I think it's telling that the consensus seems to be that he's gotten better as he gets older.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 03 Mar 2014, 07:23

My top five performances
1. The Descendants
2. Up in the Air
3. Syriana
4. Michael Clayton
5. O brother
My top five favorites
1. Up in the Air
2. The Descendants
3. O brother
4. Out of Sight
5. Three Kings (or Ides of March or Ocean's 11 or One Fine Day?)
Havn't seen GNGL, Perfect Storm,Solaris,Good German,From Dusk Til Dawn,MM...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 03 Mar 2014, 08:26

Oooh, I love it, love it, love it when someone brings up the old threads so we can talk it over again.  Woo hooo! Woo hooo! 

I'm not sure that I've changed my mind since we first discussed this in 2011, despite George's later films getting better critical reviews. What I realise that I missed is that this is for George's best performances, which I think would be different from his best films, IMO anyway.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 03 Mar 2014, 08:57

Katiedot wrote:Oooh, I love it, love it, love it when someone brings up the old threads so we can talk it over again.   Woo hooo! Woo hooo! 

I'm not sure that I've changed my mind since we first discussed this in 2011, despite George's later films getting better critical reviews.  What I realise that I missed is that this is for George's best performances, which I think would be different from his best films, IMO anyway.
You got the point! So I listed two different lists.
Syriana and Michael Clayton are among his best performances, since I'm not American, this two films get me hard to understand what's happening with many lines or backgrounds. Ides of March is much easier as its plot isn't that complicated, and I do know something about election in US. However I can feel George's stunning performances in them. PS: I almost can't take Syriana, just feel really bad seeing him got tortured there. Because I know he got severely injured shooting that scene. Poor George.
The Descendants is the one got the most out of me in emotions. I think it's the performance of his career. Very touching, delicate and controlled performance in there. No "George" is seen on the screen. Definitely deserved an Oscar for that role.
Up in the Air is his perfect performance. I mean too perfect to impress. That role is just George, we can't separate them, or the Ryan guy just doesn't exist right from the beginning. So the difficulty there might be lacking a bit. I truly enjoy the film most. But that doesn't make it a better film than the Descendants. Just a bit shy of the whole directing or scripting skills.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 08 Mar 2014, 14:33

I couldn't pick a favorite performance if you held a gun to my head! I find things I like in everything he does. Every time I think I've found my favorite, I think "Oh wait, he was really great in __, too". Hell, I even liked parts of his performance in the nipple movie - even though the film sucked! And I'm such a Philistine that I get a kick out of From Dusk Til Dawn, and watch it whenever it's on tv.
 Maybe one day he'll do something that really cheeses me off and I'll say, "Oh yeah, well you really sucked in ___", but I'm not holding my breath. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 08 Mar 2014, 16:28

you funny Liz  Laughing 
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 08 Mar 2014, 18:10

Thanks, It's Me - but it's all true. I just can't make up my mind! lol!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2