George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today

+3
melbert
Dexterdidit
MM
7 posters

Go down

Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today Empty Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 14:01

Former Local 12 News anchor Nick Clooney sits down to talk movies with fans in the Tri-State today-a lecture series he had to cancel earlier this year for health reasons.

Clooney will be delivering three lectures-two today and one tomorrow-as part of the Montgomery Women's Club Town Hall series.

Clooney served as a host and researcher for cable televisions American Movie Classics and has written a book on the subject. His lecture is titled "Movies that Changed Us."

Nick will speak at the Montgomery Assembly of God Church on Pfeiffer Road at 11 a.m. today and tomorrow and tonight at 8 p.m., he'll be at Sycamore Jr. High School. Tickets are $35 each.

The lectures were originally scheduled for May but Clooney fell ill, was briefly hospitalized, and had to postpone the event.

LINK

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today Empty Re: Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today

Post by MM Sat 17 Sep 2011, 00:39

I attended this lecture on the 14th, and I loved it. Nick showed old movie clips from the sllent era and the 1930's. The audience loved Nick to pieces and I got to meet Nick and Nina at the end. I saw another lecture at the University of CIncinnati on May 3 of this year, and I was able to have dinner at the same table with them that evening.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today Empty Re: Nick Clooney To Talk With Fans Today

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 02:28

That's wonderful, MM! Is Nick as funny as George?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 17 Sep 2011, 03:33

That sounds like fun and something I would love to do. How was dinner?
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Sep 2011, 17:49

Oh MM, I'm so jealous!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sat 17 Sep 2011, 18:00

The only reason I was able to sit across from NIck and Nina on the May 3 lecture is because I know a professor at the University of Cincinnati who was a college classmate of George's in the early 1980's. Yes, Nick is humoristic, but in a cleaner sense (no profanity, no innuendo, no practical jokes, just down-home humor). Dinner was a pleasant affair, everybody chitchatted a bit, but Nick talked a lot about other famous journalists that he rubbed elbows with over the years. In short, it was a memorable afternoon/evening.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Sep 2011, 18:07

I think it's great that he talks about HIS memories and does these kinds of events and it's not ALL ABOUT George. I know he and Nina are very proud of George, but they have a great wealth of knowledge to share and I'm so glad they use these forums and events for themselves. They support George 100% and go to many of his events, but sometimes it has to be about them!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sat 17 Sep 2011, 18:41

melbert wrote:I think it's great that he talks about HIS memories and does these kinds of events and it's not ALL ABOUT George. I know he and Nina are very proud of George, but they have a great wealth of knowledge to share and I'm so glad they use these forums and events for themselves. They support George 100% and go to many of his events, but sometimes it has to be about them!

Yeah Right

Very nice, MM. What an awesome experience.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 19:14

melbert wrote:I think it's great that he talks about HIS memories and does these kinds of events and it's not ALL ABOUT George. I know he and Nina are very proud of George, but they have a great wealth of knowledge to share and I'm so glad they use these forums and events for themselves. They support George 100% and go to many of his events, but sometimes it has to be about them!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to sit around and listen to their memories! I bet the memories they have, especially him being a newsman, could not even compare to the ones I have... They've lived through one of the most memorable times in life as we know it. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 17 Sep 2011, 19:51

Well Nick hasn't discovered youtube yet. He should put his lecture online.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Sep 2011, 21:16

hmmm
I was thinking that the 'son of a journalist' hints were bec his father claimed being known first as Rosemary's brother, then as George's father
never by on his own
(but he wasn't not bothered, and he said that in an humorous way)

... your idea?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 18 Sep 2011, 19:18

Here in the Cincinnati area while I was growing up (I am one year younger than George), Nick had his talk show and was an news anchor during the 1960's through the 1980's. Sometimes George felt that he was living in his dad's shadow, so he wanted to become famous in his own right. That's is why he left Cincinnati for Los Angeles in 1982 (and the rest is history).
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:53

now is the opposite
(if ever he really thought like that; where did you find it?)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 19 Sep 2011, 05:02

There's a video interview of George when he was about 19 or so and he says that soon Nick Clooney will be known as George's father instad of George known as Nick's son.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:23

Katiedot wrote:There's a video interview of George when he was about 19 or so and he says that soon Nick Clooney will be known as George's father instad of George known as Nick's son.

Do you know where this video is located?
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:33

We used to have it on the old Clooneyfiles. It may still be on youtube somewhere. It was one of the family biographies made a few years ago I think where they pulled his old interviews.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 19 Sep 2011, 22:04

I saw it ! wasn't he sitting on a couch?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 21 Sep 2011, 17:11

Do you know the name of the video on youtube?
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 Sep 2011, 00:18

sorry no
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down