George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
John Wells interview (George mention) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

John Wells interview (George mention)

Go down

John Wells interview (George mention) Empty John Wells interview (George mention)

Post by Katiedot Tue 14 Dec 2010, 10:48

From Movieline

excerpt from his interview - the rest is at the link above.

By Mike Ryan
13 December 2010

John Wells, the director of the recession drama The Company Men, knows very well what it’s like to be fired. In 2009, the creator/producer/director of TV institutions like ER and The West Wing lost his new prized show, the critically praised Southland, when NBC made the decision to remove five hours of prime-time per week in favor of Jay Leno.

As Wells makes the point in The Company Men — currently having its Oscar-qualifying run in New York and Los Angeles before opening nationwide Jan. 21 — we all have different way of reacting to the news of professional mortality.

Movieline spoke to Wells about the stories so bad that he couldn’t even use them in the film, how George Clooney almost ended production of The Company Men before it even started and if he now feels validated for his comments about Leno.

The Company Men is a nice complement to Up in the Air. Were there any worries about one film stepping on the other’s toes? There’s a version of the George Clooney character briefly in this film.

"You know, we were doing the final episodes of ER and I was directing George in a scene that I had written for ER when he came back. And he was telling me about this film that he was getting ready to do and I was like, “Uh oh.” He gave me the script to just kind of let me read it on the set, briefly, and I realized the interviews in the piece that Jason [Reitman] did, we’re actually following the people that were interviewed. If you saw Up in the Air and wondered what happened to that guy, that’s what we’re trying to do — what happened to the guy on the other side of the desk."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down