George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyToday at 09:59 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
English Home Flood 2024 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
English Home Flood 2024 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

English Home Flood 2024

5 posters

Go down

English Home Flood 2024 Empty English Home Flood 2024

Post by PigPen Thu 04 Jan 2024, 17:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another day, another flood.

sorry- my copy and paste have not improved!  Can't  copy the article, but here are some photos Crying or Very sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

English Home Flood 2024 Empty Re: English Home Flood 2024

Post by Ida Thu 04 Jan 2024, 22:10

It doesn't look like any structural damage to the house. Just the garden. Of course, as beautiful as that property is, that's probably quite a loss. I would imagine if you live along the Thames river, you roll with the punches as far as property flooding goes. It's happened several times since he's bought it.

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 05 Jan 2024, 10:37

George Clooney and David Beckham are among the UK residents to have been hit by Storm Henk after their properties suffered damage from flooding and winds.
George and Amal Clooney's sprawling Grade II-listed property on the banks of the River Thames has been deluged by floodwater after heavy rain in recent weeks.
The stunning £12million, 17th century manor house in Berkshire has suffered major issues with flooding since the couple bought it in 2014 shortly after their wedding.
Today, photographs and drone footage revealed how the estate's manicured gardens had been covered in floodwater once again as the storm caused river levels to rise.
Elsewhere, Beckham revealed in an Instagram post that a tree on the stunning Cotswold estate he shares with wife Victoria had been destroyed by the storm.
Uploading a photo to Instagram taken at the home near Chipping Norton, the 48-year-old posted a crying emoji and wrote: 'Could have been worse - still gutted.'
The Beckhams bought the home for £6million in 2016 when it was just three linked barns but have since redeveloped it, making it now worth an estimated £12million.
+16
View gallery
[size]

Flooding at George and Amal Clooney's property on the banks of the River Thames today[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

The Clooneys' 17th century manor house in Berkshire has suffered major issues with flooding[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

The manicured gardens at the Clooneys' estate near the Thames are covered in floodwater[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

George and Amal Clooney's sprawling Grade II-listed home has been deluged by floodwater [/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

George and Amal Clooney, seen at a screening of The Boys In The Boat in London last month[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

David Beckham revealed on Instagram that a tree on his Cotswold estate has been destroyed[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

David and Victoria Beckham are pictured at the Fashion Awards the Royal Albert Hall in 2018[/size]
TRENDING

Floods chaos across UK: Thames and Trent break their banks
86.3k viewing now

Major floods 'cut off' entire towns and homes are evacuated
27.9k viewing now

Torrential downpours to dump up to TWO inches of water before sunrise
19.6k viewing now

Over in Berkshire, the flooding at the Clooneys' estate is at least the seventh time the house has been deluged by water since the pair bought it a decade ago.

READ MORE Flood chaos hits Britain after Storm Henk battering: Drivers abandon cars in 4ft of water, homes are evacuated and man is killed by fallen tree after downpours and 94mph gales left trail of destruction - as Met Office issues another rain warning

Aerial photos published by MailOnline last November showed the gardens at the estate starting to succumb to floodwaters.
The Clooneys were also hit by flooding in January last year when the tennis court, veranda and most of the previously luscious lawn was submerged by floodwater from the nearby river. 
Storm Christoph, in January 2021, saw floodwater seep onto the lawn - but the deluge stopped short of the house itself.
But February 2020's Storm Dennis left the Clooneys' tennis courts, the veranda of their summer house and most of their lawn completely underwater.
In 2018, the lawn was swamped by water after three inches of rain fell over the April bank holiday weekend.
And 2016 saw weeks of heavy rain saw the Thames burst its banks and spill into the garden, threatening to encroach on the house shortly after a multi-million pound renovation.
During Storm Henk, heavy rains brought flooding and disruption across southern England and Wales – and a motorist in Gloucestershire was killed by a falling tree.
National Highways said several major roads in England were closed due to flooding with rail companies also reporting disruption.
+16
View gallery
[size]

Flooding at George and Amal Clooney's property on the banks of the River Thames today[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

The Clooneys' 17th century manor house in Berkshire has suffered major issues with flooding[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

The manicured gardens at the Clooneys' estate near the Thames are covered in floodwater[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

George and Amal Clooney's sprawling Grade II-listed home has been deluged by floodwater[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

+16
View gallery
[size]

The Clooneys' 17th century manor house in Berkshire has suffered major issues with flooding[/size]
+16
View gallery
[size]

+16
View gallery
[size]

+16
View gallery
[size]

A falling tree injured a woman in Orpington, South East London, and others damaged properties and blocked roads across the country.

READ MORE Vehicles in Sainsbury's car park are damaged after brick wall collapses onto roofs in 94mph Storm Henk winds

[size=0][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[/size]
Several residents were evacuated from houseboats and caravans at Billing Aquadrome, close to the River Nene near Northampton, due to flooding caused by Storm Henk.
In Pembrokeshire, Natural Resources Wales urged people at Kiln Park caravan site near Tenby to avoid contact with the water and said the River Ritec is likely to remain high for several days.
Thames Water's interactive digital map of storm overflows showed widespread sewage discharges across Oxfordshire, with many having opened up in the last couple of days.
Storm Henk brought gusts of 94mph at Needles on the Isle of Wight while Exeter Airport saw winds of 81mph.
The Met Office issued a further yellow warning for heavy rain across southern England from 12pm tomorrow until 3am on Friday.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said it had received 140 flood-related calls in 24 hours while Leicestershire Police said a large number of homes were affected by flooding in Loughborough.
The Environment Agency urged people to avoid walking near coastal paths where large waves could drag them into the sea.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 07 Jan 2024, 22:51

I really feel sorry for them. It seems like the flooding situation only gets worse with every storm and it isn't likely to get better in the future. I'm guessing that all that water is making the ground under the house damp, too, so there could be a mold problem if it gets much worse. I wonder if there's not some way to keep the water out - or at least lessen how much gets in. scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Jan 2024, 17:09

Guessing when you're sitting in the middle of a major river you are going to be subject to anything the weather chucks at you, Lizzy! And with extreme weather across the world caused by humanity something's got to give!

And given that millions around the world are suffering because of drought, and death through starvation becos of all our excesses etc, this seems like small fry!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 15 Jan 2024, 02:48

PAN - Agreed that this is "small fry" & rich people's problems, but I'm sure it's no fun to deal with. Was it always this bad? If George had known how bad the flooding would become, I doubt they would have bought the property. It's a problem being repeated all over the globe. There was a video of a town in Maine today that is so flooded I thought it was Venice when I first saw it.

I keep seeing articles about people who are working on all kinds of solutions to the problems we've created. Hopefully they'll become widely available in the near future. The sooner the better.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Jan 2024, 10:58

Mm, no, I actually think the last ten years has been the worst for this - for all the reasons we know.

Not helped one iota by the likes of companies like the Cargill Corporation ripping up huge swathes of the Amazon to rear and sell cattle for people to eat. Or the likes of Apple employing small children in distant parts of Africa to dig up lithium with their bare hands for virtually nothing.

And, dare I say it, the endless private jet trips wealthy people seem to take? (I include our new prime minister with that one).

Rant over

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 16 Jan 2024, 14:51

:DRant understood. I've done my share lately.

Wondering if they're allowed to put in some kind of sea wall or breakwater to keep the flooding to a minimum. How does the Watermill Playhouse deal with the issue? Or doesn't it affect them?

PS. Have seen articles about cloned meat. Wonder when/if that will come to market. Then what happens to all the cattle? scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 17 Jan 2024, 17:32

No comments or press reports of any problem at the Mill at Sonning, Lizzy, but they are at the centre of the island with George and his extensive garden on one side and the boat club on another. The water runs through the Mill itself and when you have a drink at the bar you can sit and watch the river through it. It's what powers the electricity for the shows

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 18 Jan 2024, 18:05

PAN - It's interesting that the Mill is less affected by flooding than George's property. Maybe he should consider installing a mini-version of a watermill in his garden. Very Happy Seriously, though, it does look as though he needs some form of pumping system or means of limiting the extent of the flooding. I can't imagine that it doesn't affect the land beneath the house & create damp & mold problems.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 18 Jan 2024, 19:23

I'm pretty sure that he or his team are keeping an eye on the place, Lizzy, and how often the flooding happens and if it justifies doing anything imminently. 

Hard to know how often they are there, tho we know now that it was obviously quite a long time when The Boys in the Boat film was made! He is also not a million miles away from Shepperton Film Studios so really very convenient for anything he may want to do. 

Lots of encouragement for filmmaking in the UK with tax breaks etc from the government.

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 19 Jan 2024, 04:21

PAN - The UK seems to be home base for them right now. He has access to filming facilities & she's near her family & her job. If they're staying in Sonning, I'd be concerned about the damp because of Alex's asthma. Anyway, I'm sure they take it all into consideration.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down