George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos

5 posters

Go down

INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos Empty INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos

Post by Katiedot Wed 17 Aug 2011, 13:33

Do you sometimes get the impression that George has seen everything? From dancing with the stars to dolphin documentaries, he seems to have an informed opinion on them all!

From Wall St Journal

A three-day crash course was all it took for photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos to pick up his new art.

“I just hired a local producer and said ‘Teach me what all the buttons are for,’” said the 54-year-old American, who had spent 17 years shooting stills for National Geographic.

Yet his maiden film, “The Cove,” an exposé of annual mass dolphin killings at the Japanese village of Taiji, betrayed no such inexperience. Besides winning critical acclaim and an Academy Award for Best Documentary, it helped shrink Taiji’s dolphin hunting industry by “several million dollars a year,” Mr. Psihoyos said, and spawned global awareness of the issue.

“George Clooney told me that it’s a better movie than ‘Ocean’s Eleven’…because it’s real,” he said. “It’s become some kind of a cult success. Although when people say that, it usually means the film isn’t making any money, which is true.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos Empty Re: INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos

Post by Charley Wed 17 Aug 2011, 15:42

Katiedot wrote:Do you sometimes get the impression that George has seen everything? From dancing with the stars to dolphin documentaries, he seems to have an informed opinion on them all!

Oh yes!!!
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos Empty Re: INterview with photographer-turned-filmmaker Louie Psihoyos

Post by pattygirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 17:44

He always has several TVs on at the same time, wonder how many DVR's he has. And lets face it, I think all those who are interested (within the film industry) can get advanced copies of any movie out there. He admittedly doesn't sleep much, and I'll bet your life that he multitasks, too.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 17:51

If it's true that opposites attract then George being an over-achiever who doesn't sleep much combined with my being an under-achiever who sleeps a lot would work out fine. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 18:02

I think you'd have to get in line there, cindi.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 18:04

I know, the end of the line forms all the way back to Cleveland. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 17 Aug 2011, 20:53

As a fellow insomniac, I would be happy to stay up at night and watch dolphin documentaries with him. Wink

Didn't a previous interview around the time of dating SL say that he always had MSNBC on, presumably to stay up on current affairs?
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 21:10

I know he likes to keep up on current affairs only hopefully not his own. Too many negative things are said about his private life.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 23:00

Thought it was CNN, but it could be both, the reason for several TVs on at the same time.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 18 Aug 2011, 15:26

pattygirl wrote: it could be both, the reason for several TVs on at the same time.

I think you're probably right about that. He needs DirecTV, they have a News Mix channel that shows several news channels all in one screen. Thumbs up!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 18 Aug 2011, 15:33

He can afford the multiple TVs. Besides, if on one screen, he'd need a really big screen and pics I've seen of his space I think he likes that he can spread them apart and probably concentrate on one at a time. I know, I would.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 18 Aug 2011, 15:39

Hi patty, I think he can concentrate on one at a time. And I know he can spread them apart. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 18 Aug 2011, 16:49

cindigirl wrote: And I know he can spread them apart. LOL

That's what she said...

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all night. lol!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 18 Aug 2011, 17:48

Gpsh, what raunchy girls you two are, cindi and MGK
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down