George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Pet Cemetary EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Pet Cemetary EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Pet Cemetary EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Pet Cemetary EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Pet Cemetary EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Pet Cemetary EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Pet Cemetary EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Pet Cemetary EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Pet Cemetary EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Pet Cemetary

3 posters

Go down

Pet Cemetary Empty Pet Cemetary

Post by Katiedot Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:01

Interesting . . . . not sure how I feel about horror

From accidentalsexiness

Paramount digs up Pet CemeteryBy Neal– August 2, 2011

Posted in: Movies

The soil of a man’s heart is stonier, and so is the seemingly endless string of remakes being vomited from the gaping mouth of Hollywood lately. OK so that didn’t make much sense but it gave me an excuse to use one of the more memorable quotes from the 1989 film adaptation of Stephen King‘s classic Pet Cemetery.

Pet Cemetery is the tale of a big city doctor who takes a job at a college in rural Maine and winds up losing more than his mind. When the beloved family cat is killed in the road his neighbor across the street, played brilliantly by Fred Gwynne, has him bury the cat not in the local pet cemetery but in the sacred indian burial grounds beyond it. As you may have guessed no good comes of this. A remake was rumored back around the time of the writers strike with George Clooney attached to play the role of Louis Creed. A dreamy Dale Midkiff played him in the original. I wonder whatever happened to him. Now Paramount has dug up this rotting corpse and is working on its own resurrection of sorts with Piranha 3-D skipper Alexander Aja at the helm and script by Matt Greenberg who most recently penned 1408 which stunk as bad as a dead cat.

Sadly it would take longer to name the Stephen King adaptations that sucked than the one’s that really worked. This was one of the good ones and I don’t think it needs remaking. Fred Gwynne was perfection as Jud Crandall and you can slap me across the face if they find a child who can do what Miko Hughes did with Gage Creed. He was heartbreaking. And the flashbacks with Rachel’s ailing sister Zelda were terrifying. I had nightmares about that twisted bitch for weeks. Here is a bit of trivia for you; Zelda was played by a man…Andrew Hubatsek…whose only other film credit was in Blue Steel.

There has been no “official” word from Paramount on this but it sounds like a sure thing, especially considering it already has an IMDB entry for 2013. The original spawned a forgetful sequel starring Eddie Furlong which I don’t recommend unless you have a Furlong fetish or something. This could be good, but I wish they’d work on getting Gerald’s Game or The Talisman made instead.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pet Cemetary Empty Re: Pet Cemetary

Post by cindigirl Wed 03 Aug 2011, 14:08

I read the Pet Semetary book and tried to watch whole movie, but it was totally too gruesome and sad. Miko Hughes played Gage, interesting, and "Zelda" was played by a man. Dale Midkiff was dreamy as the doctor but imagine George in that role?

Oh my - give me a minute.

lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Wed 03 Aug 2011, 19:15

This is not one of my fav King books or movie. Both were OK.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 19:31

Anthony Edwards was in Pet Cemetry II

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 20:04

I’ve never seen it. Don’t watch horror movies, enough on the news as it is! :-/

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 03 Aug 2011, 20:21

I agree Cinderella, all you have to do is watch the evening news. I think especially the New York news. I always tell my daughter if she thinks she has it hard, watch the news and see what people go through.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum