George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels

+10
Doug Ross
Admin
Donnamarie
What Would He Say
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
annemarie
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
PigPen
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Apr 2019, 02:19

In reality there is only one oppressor in Brunei - and he runs the country and is King. So I would suggest that it's not very likely that he would nominate himself for death encased in a sandpit and public stoning of his head til he's dead. He probably thinks he's God.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney calls for boycott of Brunei-owned hotels

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 14:44

party animal - not! wrote:In reality there is only one oppressor in Brunei - and he runs the country and is King. So I would suggest that it's not very likely that he would nominate himself for death encased in a sandpit and public stoning of his head til he's dead. He probably thinks he's God.
Sounds like a perfect case for Amal.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Apr 2019, 15:07

Nope. It's a sovereign state with its own laws - so nobody can intervene - unless of course a request comes from the judiciary which is highly unlikely because they're the ones making the laws......that's why I posted that comment

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 15:46

With her effort to fight for the LGBTQ community surely Amal would seek to present a case before the Intnational courts or United Nations.  Amal would have a much greater impact than her husband actor George Clooney not staying at a particular luxury hotel.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 02 Apr 2019, 16:09

I think with George's effort to get this issue out there, and Amals effort they could both have a great impact on things.

Maybe, she will get a case and we will see what happens. I don't think she seeks out cases people have to come to her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 16:23

annemarie wrote:I think with George's effort to get this issue out there, and Amals effort they could both have a great impact on things.

Maybe, she will get a case and we will see what happens. I don't think she seeks out cases people have to come to her.
Amal has taken on other cases for the LGBTQ community.   Given her compassion for the LGBT community, I'm sure Amal will be a first choice. 

Let's hope the LGBTQ community is not relying on George Clooney and other celebrities effort to choose different luxury Hotels.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 02 Apr 2019, 16:46

That is the great thing about George and Amal they are both compassionate people and care about the world around them.

Calling attention to a cause whether it be in court or calling for a boycott gets the cause the attention it needs throughout

the world.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 17:52

Attention is what evildoers thrive on.  The narrative about a boycott only fuels fuels evildoers who believe they have a right to avenge.

In this case, it is better for celebrities to not feed the narrative in the press, and allow human rights attorneys like Amal who have a compassion for the LGGQT community to continue to plead their cases in court.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 02 Apr 2019, 18:18

George has that same compassion Ladybug. You see the boycott your way and I agree with George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 18:51

Feeding the narrative that fuels evildoers, who believe they have the god given righr to avenge is NEVER a good thing. Wealty people boycotting luxury hotels can't help people who may be stoned or hurt billionaires who own luxury hotels.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 02 Apr 2019, 18:59

Like I said you believe what you want , and I will believe and agree with George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 19:09

Belief and truth are two different things.  I don't agree with George on his effort to feed the press about his boycott.

Maybe Amal can help the LGBTQ community in her effort to fight for them in court.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 02 Apr 2019, 19:16

You don't agree and I do agree so there really isn't anything else to say

Have a great rest of the day Ladybug.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 19:33

annemarie wrote:You don't agree and I do agree so there really isn't anything else to say

Have a great rest of the day Ladybug.
Thanks Annemarie and you do the same.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Apr 2019, 22:45

Ladybug. It will never happen. It's a sovereign state with its own rules.

The most that could happen is for the UN to condemn it - and that has already happened.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 02 Apr 2019, 22:54

party animal - not! wrote:Ladybug. It will never happen. It's a sovereign state with its own rules.

The most that could happen is for the UN to condemn it - and that has already happened.

Then George Clooney's boycott can do NOTHING to help.  And feed a narrative that fuels the mindset of evildoers who believe they have been given the god given right to avenge what they perceive to be unrightious.

Maybe Amal's Human Rights efforts will bring about the change, the LGBTQ community is seeking.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 23:06; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 02 Apr 2019, 22:58

party animal - not! wrote:'Sunlight is the best disinfectant'.

Well said, George

Well there ain’t no sunlight in Bandar Seri Begawan.... I have nice things to say about everywhere even Syria! Beautiful bird song in the mornings and lovely hard working people..... but Bandar Seri Begawan and Baghdad are two exceptions ..... grey dark skies.... horrid damp humidity and thundery rain.... nope! No hope of a rainbow over the golden temple... It’s a get out from me.... nothing to stay there for....

If who you love gives you the excuse to go... go...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Apr 2019, 23:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Apr 2019, 00:30

[quote="party animal - not!"]
[/quote

Pan.  They seem to niot understand nothing can be done in this case.  The press and others  are used to drive the narrative..  You seem to want this narritve to continue.  I understand the narrative fuels those who use the narrative as an excuse to impose violence to avenge.

Other than Anal taking on cases to help the LBGQT community what do you see as the solution?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Apr 2019, 01:07

Ladybug - Knowing that you might not affect change doesn't mean that you ignore a situation. Maybe just bringing attention to it will cause a few people to consider their own feelings about the issue. Maybe it's the first step in a journey toward change.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Apr 2019, 04:52

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - Knowing that you might not affect change doesn't mean that you ignore a situation. Maybe just bringing attention to it will cause a few people to consider their own feelings about the issue. Maybe it's the first step in a journey toward change.
I'm sure that's why Amal has taken on cases that involve the LGBTQ community.

Wealthy people choosing not to stay in particular hotels can only bring about a change in the hotels wealthy people choose stay in.

And

I understand the hidden danger in the narrative.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Apr 2019, 05:08

party animal - not! wrote:
Sorry I typed my previous response from my phone.

Pan.  

They seem to not understand, nothing can be done in Brunei.  

I know the press and others  are used to drive the narrative.  You seem to want this narritve to continue.  I understand, the narrative fuels those who will use it as validation to avenge what they consider wicked.

Other than Amal taking on cases to help the LBGQT community what do you see as the solution?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 03 Apr 2019, 11:20

Now headline news - BBC

This king holds every position in his government, starting with Prime Minister and judiciary. Oh, and supported 9/11

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 03 Apr 2019, 14:11

I’m glad this story has been in the news for more than 24 hours. It’s great so many news outlets have picked it up. It may not change the despicable behavior of the Brunei government but hopefully it has made more people aware and the King’s hotel establishments will suffer some consequences. We can only hope.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Apr 2019, 14:36

ladybugcngc wrote:  Amal would have a much greater impact than her husband actor George Clooney not staying at a particular luxury hotel.
 As you don't seem to have understood this point in previous conversations, let me reiterate: this forum is a site for the actor George Clooney and his wife, Amal Clooney, the lawyer.  When you're writing about George Clooney the actor and Amal Clooney the lawyer you only need to say George and/or Amal and we'll know who you're talking about because this is a site for George and Amal and only them.   There's no need for you to ever disambiguate who George Clooney or Amal Clooney is/are.

If by any incredibly rare chance you find yourself needing to discuss an entirely different George and Amal Clooney in a thread that's still about  George Clooney the actor and Amal Clooney the lawyer, then and ONLY then can you consider explaining specifically which George and Amal you're writing about. Until that happens, I don't expect you to write anything to explain who George Clooney or Amal Clooney are, or their relationship or their professions.  We all already know.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 03 Apr 2019, 16:15

Ellen joined the boycott too:

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 03 Apr 2019, 18:35

Yay Ellen!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 03 Apr 2019, 19:23

Also, Diane Kruger 

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Apr 2019, 21:47

Admin wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:  Amal would have a much greater impact than her husband actor George Clooney not staying at a particular luxury hotel.
 As you don't seem to have understood this point in previous conversations, let me reiterate: this forum is a site for the actor George Clooney and his wife, Amal Clooney, the lawyer.  When you're writing about George Clooney the actor and Amal Clooney the lawyer you only need to say George and/or Amal and we'll know who you're talking about because this is a site for George and Amal and only them.   There's no need for you to ever disambiguate who George Clooney or Amal Clooney is/are.

If by any incredibly rare chance you find yourself needing to discuss an entirely different George and Amal Clooney in a thread that's still about  George Clooney the actor and Amal Clooney the lawyer, then and ONLY then can you consider explaining specifically which George and Amal you're writing about. Until that happens, I don't expect you to write anything to explain who George Clooney or Amal Clooney are, or their relationship or their professions.  We all already know.
Am I being pranked here?   Razz ROTFL rollingsmiley Yahooooo
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Apr 2019, 21:48

Donnamarie wrote:I’m glad this story has been in the news for more than 24 hours.  It’s great so many news outlets have picked it up.  It may not change the despicable behavior of the Brunei government but hopefully it has made more people aware and the King’s hotel establishments will suffer some consequences.  We can only hope.
It's a big win for luxury hotels that will get new business.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 03 Apr 2019, 22:17

Yes we can hope he loses business and money it's possible this won't put him out of business but hopefully
he will lose money.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Apr 2019, 22:19

annemarie wrote:Yes we can hope he loses business and money it's possible this won't put him out of business but hopefully
he will lose money.
What about the homosexuals and adulterers who will be stoned to death?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 03 Apr 2019, 22:30

It may not stop him but I'm sure he won't like losing money and I'm also sure he doesn't like all the attention
the boycotts are bringing to his country and his decision.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 04 Apr 2019, 00:10

Agree annemarie. I think a number of us have said already that this boycott may not have much impact on the horrific actions this King will carry out on his citizens but at least the spotlight has been put on him...at least for a while.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Apr 2019, 00:19

Germany, France have both condemned this, which starts today. It would appear that the Sultan was recently given an honorary degree from a London university where his son got his degree - and he owns the biggest property in Las Vegas

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 04 Apr 2019, 00:52

And the narrative to change luxury hotels, drives on....

Annemarie, Donna, PAN

Other than Amal taking on cases to help the LBGQT community what do you see as the solution?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Apr 2019, 02:09

Solution to what?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 Apr 2019, 05:29

First Ladybug no one has said this is a solution but it's a start. 

The solution would be the King changing his mind and stopping this horrible practice.

We aren't talking about the whole LBGQT community we are talking about Brunei.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 04 Apr 2019, 06:38

annemarie wrote:First Ladybug no one has said this is a solution but it's a start. 

The solution would be the King changing his mind and stopping this horrible practice.

We aren't talking about the whole LBGQT community we are talking about Brunei.
A start to what?

Is the point here, 

wealthy people changing to diifferent luxury hotels, can  impact a Soverign King that rules an oil rich nation?

Aren't the homosexuals in Brunei a part of the LBGQT community?  Don't you think the LBGQT cases Amal represent in court are meant to bring about change for LBGQT communities across the globe?

Annemarie we clearly stand on different sides of the wealthy people boycotting luxury hotels debate.  

I understand the press is there to drive the narrative and I understand the narrative fuels the minds of evildoers who believe they have the god given right to avenge what they percieve to be wicked.  

Again the boycott is a start to what?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriane Thu 04 Apr 2019, 06:45

What does LBGQT mean?

Adriane
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 04 Apr 2019, 06:51

party animal - not! wrote:Solution to what?
In this case, solutions to whatever LBGQT cases Amal represent and/or advocates for.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adriane Thu 04 Apr 2019, 07:29

Would you please write out the words for what the letters LBCQT stand?

Adriane
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Apr 2019, 09:46

Very good point, Annemarie.

Which LBGQT cases has Amal worked on?

Adriane, pretty sure you'll find the complete definition and alternatives in Wikipedia

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 Apr 2019, 11:26

Ladybug exactly which cases has Amal worked on, if you know please list them here so we all know.

I'm sure Amal supports George in this since they both care about this cause. A start to shaming the king

I'm sure he likes being respected and thought of as a good king. if the world doesn't think this and keeps 

discussing this he won't be happy. Losing money is not anything the rich want to happen .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 04 Apr 2019, 13:00

Annemarie, Amal has taken on human rights offenses of gay people accross the globe.  I'm going to tell you like PAN tells me look through her portfolio and you will find them.

It's my experience, evildoers who believe they are the righteous and justied in killing people they believe to be unrighteous have no shame in their actions, ISIS is just one example.

I'm sure a king who stone homosexuals and adulterers to death, would prefer supporters of the LGBTQ community to NOT stay in his hotels.

I have not heard Amal's name mentioned in the luxury hotel boycott however I'm sure as the mother of George Clooney's biological children Amal supports her husband actor George Clooney (Admin>> Mad).   

Run for the hills
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Apr 2019, 13:21

Adriane wrote:Would you please write out the words for what the letters LBCQT stand?
 I'm sorry we seemed to ignore your question. It stands for: lesbian, bi-sexual, gay, queer, transgender and is usually written: LGBTQ
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Apr 2019, 13:48

Ladybug - 1. The attention being brought to this is the start of a conversation about the rights of homosexuals in Brunei, but also a bigger conversation about human rights for all people worldwide to live their private lives as they choose.

2. If it encourages fanatic evildoers it also encourages their opponents who want to see freedom for all people.

3. I don't think Amal has taken on any cases specifically dealing with gay rights, but it really doesn't matter if she's not interested. It doesn't mean there is no hope for the victims of these laws. There are many, many lawyers in the world and a lot of them are really good at what they do, too.

It was mentioned in one of the articles that the Brunei economy is dependent on oil and gas export and tourism. If, as was said, the oil and gas reserves have only another 20 or so years to go the Sultan has to come up with something else to power his economy. Tourism from the Middle East seems to be it, and Sharia law seems to be something the Sultan feels will attract them. - I find it interesting that the royal family of Brunei doesn't bother to hide the fact that they don't follow Sharia law. Seems like a case of "do as I say,  not as I do".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 Apr 2019, 14:04

Amal as far as I can tell from searching hasn't handled any such cases. So if I'm wrong ladybug please list what you know so we are all on the same page.
I did read her profile on the law firm site there is nothing mentioned there.
To be honest it doesn't matter if she has or hasn't George calling for action is what we are discussing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 04 Apr 2019, 15:43

Lizzy,

My position is the narrative surrounding a "boycott of luxury hotels" does little, to nothing, to highlight human rights offenses across the globe.  

1.  As noted in this conversation the King's sovereignty, his monetary bottom line, the amount of celebrities supporting the boycott... is the narrative talked about here; not the homosexuals and adulterers who will be stoned to death

2. The truth is wealthy people changing to a different hotel does NOTHING to energize opponents who want to see freedom for all people.  99.9999999% of the people across the globe HAVE NO CONNECTION TO LUXURY HOTELS.

3.  Amal's human rights cases dealing with gay rights have been mentioned, however seem to be lost in luxury hotel boycott conversation; I find that interesting.  Because Amal's action to defend LGBTQ causes in court would be 10 times more effective than wealthy people boycotting luxury hotels.

Lizzy, I understand there is a religious component linked to the effort to gain control of global wealth.  Terrorism is linked to the school of thought they are the righteous sent by God to avenge what they perceive to be wicked.  The narrative sorrounding a country who takes upon it's mantel the choice to stone homosexuals and adulterers only FUEL that SCHOOL OF THOUGHT.  

The MAJORITY of people across the globe are connected to some aspect of religious thinking.  Because homosexuality and adultery are offenses against most religions, the opponents who stand for freedom for all people may not agree with the stoning in Brunei, however, at the same time will not defend LGBTQ religious offenses.  

That's why a boycott, highlighting Brunei's laws is driven as a narrative in the press.  It fuels the school of thought avenging such offenses is a "call of god" (terrorism as a tool to gain control of global wealth), knowing most people are connected to religious schools of thought and will not come to the defense of homosexuals and adulterers.  

That's why I take the position wealthy people boycotting luxury hotels will do little to nothing in this case and people who believe they have the god given authority to avenge such offenses will be energized.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 15:46; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 04 Apr 2019, 15:45

annemarie wrote:Amal as far as I can tell from searching hasn't handled any such cases. So if I'm wrong ladybug please list what you know so we are all on the same page.
I did read her profile on the law firm site there is nothing mentioned there.
To be honest it doesn't matter if she has or hasn't George calling for action is what we are discussing.
It is my understanding the cases have not been argued in court as of yet.  However, they are in her portfolio.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next