George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event

+5
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
it's me
benex
9 posters

Go down

Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  Empty Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event

Post by benex Mon 26 Nov 2018, 15:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=32]Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event[/size]
Nancy Daly  Cincinnati Enquirer
Published 8:56 AM EST Nov 26, 2018

KET's Northern Kentucky Fund Board will honor Nick and Nina Clooney at the 11th annual Martinis & Mistletoe on Tuesday, Dec. 4, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Drees Pavilion at Devou Park in Covington.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KET's Northern Kentucky Fund Board will honor Nick and Nina Clooney at the 11th annual Martinis & Mistletoe on Dec. 4.
KET/Provided

When KET founder Len Press first taught at the University of Kentucky's broadcasting department in the 1950s, a young local radio talent assisted him with voiceover scripts. Nick Clooney has remained a friend and national spokesman for public media ever since.
His sister Rosemary Clooney's 1994 benefit concert launched the establishment of KET's Northern Kentucky Board.
Nick Clooney, George Clooney's dad, has narrated several KET documentaries including KET's 50th-anniversary retrospective, "The KET Story." National music specials he hosts on PBS are among its top fundraisers. Nina Clooney is a force in public service, filmmaking and human rights advocacy.
Martinis & Mistletoe serves to recognize the Clooneys' many contributions in Northern Kentucky and beyond and also is a year-end celebration for KET's friends in the region.
For reservations or information, contact Penny Brooks at 859-258-7201 or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
SUPPORT JOURNALISM: Subscribe today to get access to all of our coverage
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  Empty Re: Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event

Post by it's me Mon 26 Nov 2018, 16:49

They are amazing!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event  Empty Re: Cheers to Nick and Nina Clooney at Devou Park event

Post by What Would He Say Tue 27 Nov 2018, 00:27

They don’t change.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Nov 2018, 07:43

Yes
Happy to see them
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 27 Nov 2018, 13:31

It's really nice that Nick and Nina are being honored like this. I wonder if George or Amal will attend. I know a lot about Nick's career butI didn't know Nina is a filmmaker.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Nov 2018, 20:07

I lost it

Filmmaker her too ?!Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 27 Nov 2018, 20:48

That's what they said in the article: "public service, filmmaking and human rights advocacy."
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 28 Nov 2018, 06:13

Maybe as a producer ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 28 Nov 2018, 14:20

George and Amal could be there in theory since Amal and Nick are speaking at the Massachusetts conference the next day.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hairyhound Wed 28 Nov 2018, 20:50

party animal - not! wrote:George and Amal could be there in theory since Amal and Nick are speaking at the Massachusetts conference the next day.........
Wait so isn't this the same day that Michelle Obama will visit them in London!
hairyhound
hairyhound
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 28 Nov 2018, 22:23

Yep!

See this thread:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 29 Nov 2018, 00:39

I've totally lost track of the dates. So, George and Amal won't be there because they'll be feeding Michelle Obama and the royals in the UK? But Amal will be in Mass. the next day for the conference? scratch

I wouldn't have their schedules for anything. Their lives remind me of that old movie - "If It's Tuesday This Must Be Belgium"! Very Happy How on earth do they even keep track of their stuff?!!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 Nov 2018, 01:44

Just one thing, Lizzy - the conference and the Nick and Nina event are fact.

The dinner story is hearsay..........and here's another

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 29 Nov 2018, 06:18

This is certainly a great honor for Nina and Nick!

If George and Amal will attend is something we will definetely know on December 4th.
For me this issue is a double-edged sword:

I'd really love to see them celebrating these two people. This honor would also draw more attention in the medias if they attended. On the other hand the honorees should be in the center of attention, and this would absolutely switch over to George and Amal...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 29 Nov 2018, 13:29

PAN - Thanks for the DM article. I love the sources! Very Happy "A family insider" said George has a hunch? Who? Cousin Ben, who he sees maybe twice a year? I don't care enough to go look, but wasn't he a favorite "source" for reporters around the time of the wedding?

I guess I haven't been paying attention because I didn't know Amal had announced they were moving to the States when the twins start school. And I didn't know that Amal and Meghan were best friends long before George and Harry met. I kind of thought  it was the other way around. Just goes to show we only know what they want us to know and can only guess the rest.  scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 29 Nov 2018, 16:00

Amal said they would one day attend school in America. She didn't say they were moving to the States

When the kids were born George talked about them going to school in the U.S and England. In the Hollywood Reporter interview.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 Nov 2018, 16:57

You're right, Lizzy. The source is 'interesting'. And as for the childrens' education they don't have to cross that path yet. But George did mention 'paying for their education' when some dumb interviewer talked about all his money at the AFI recently and I'm guessing they could end up either with tutors (altho they don't travel as much as the Federers) or boarding school at some point. Tho both George and Amal were taught in the state sector weren't they?

If they chose London, of course Baria could always pick them up from school.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 29 Nov 2018, 17:44

I don't know about Amal, but yes, George did go to public schools (state sector to you). I don't know what route they'll take with the twins but, as a former teacher, I wouldn't recommend the US school system  (public or private) unless a lot of things change.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 Nov 2018, 18:29

Hi Lizzy.

Amal went to the local state grammar school for girls after her parents moved to Gerrards Cross in Buckinghamshire from Lebanon. For that sort of school here, which is free there are often a few tests or entry exam to get in. It is about half an hour away from where they live now. There is also a similar boys' school a mile or two away...........they are both excellent, extremely popular and the majority of pupils go to university

Entry for both schools is at age 11

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 29 Nov 2018, 20:29

Well, they've got a while to go before the twins are old enough to go to those schools. Do they have pre-registration like they do here for some schools, where parents put their children's names down almost as soon as they're born? Some parents get almost insane if their child's application isn't accepted to the "right" school.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 29 Nov 2018, 23:08

LizzyNY wrote:Well, they've got a while to go before the twins are old enough to go to those schools. Do they have pre-registration like they do here for some schools, where parents put their children's names down almost as soon as they're born? Some parents get almost insane if their child's application isn't accepted to the "right" school.

Having experience of this with one of beautiful god daughters a couple of years ago. As I understand it.... there are Grammer schools and Grammer schools, for entry to them you have to pass the 11+.... where you live has a huge bearing on entry..... but mostly it’s down to academic excellence and choice and gossip....

You may pass with bells on but pass for nearest grammar in your area.... THE GRAMMER that appeals most might be 5 or even more miles away... but have a record ranking it in the top 8 in the whole of U.K..... the competition to enter is brutal.... but it is widely accepted that travelling to such a school is absolutely acceptable and parents rejoice in it....one of my relatives rented out her lovely home and moved to a tiny  apartment in the catchment area of a very good school... she felt her son was not academically fit enough to get a place at that school... she was right, and also right that that school would fast track him...he is now on track to get into top uni in next year.... can’t beat a parents instinct.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 30 Nov 2018, 00:24

They are also state (i e free) schools and as in most secondary schools in the UK have a mandatory school uniform - blazers, ties etc. Amal went to one of those, Dr Challoner's School.

The ones you can put your child's name down for are the private fee paying schools and at the higher end places like Eton and Harrow

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 30 Nov 2018, 14:32

PAN - That's pretty much the way it is here (in NYC)- although there are hybrid publicly funded/privately run "charter schools" that operate like private schools. Admission to those can be through testing or lottery. Some schools require uniforms - usually private or religious schools. If a public school wants uniforms, it can only be on an optional basis as many parents aren't in favor of them.

Our school system is in a state of flux. I guess it always is to some extent, but for the last few years it's been caught between "progressive" philosophies and test-driven practices. The two don't work well together and our kids are paying the price. If I were putting a child into the American school system I'd be very, very careful choosing a school.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 04 Dec 2018, 17:04

I'm so happy to hear they are being honored, I think they are amazing parents and exceptional people.  Enjoy your day!!!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down