George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal

+4
party animal - not!
it's me
Donnamarie
annemarie
8 posters

Go down

How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal Empty How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal

Post by annemarie Sat 29 Sep 2018, 16:55

[size=48]How George Clooney's Life Changed Forever After Meeting Amal Clooney[/size]
by MIKE VULPO | Thu., Sep. 27, 2018 3:00 AM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taylor Jewell/Getty Images for Vogue

"I thought if you had a successful career that you weren't really going to be able to have one great love in your life. And then Amal walked in."

When George Clooney said those words this past summer, it wasn't just a few good lines for his acceptance speech at the AFI Life Achievement Award event.

Instead, it helped demonstrate the Oscar winner's journey from Hollywood's most eligible bachelor to proud husband and father.  And yes, he has Amal Clooney to thank for this exciting chapter in his life.

"George and Amal have a great relationship," a source shared with E! News. "They have figured out the perfect work-life balance and are very similar in that they both are very focused on their work, respectively, but they also love to let loose, get down and have fun."

Today, the couple celebrates their four-year wedding anniversary with a bond stronger than ever. And while George's life was already pretty darn good before meeting Amal, the human rights attorney has changed the world around him in more ways than one. So how did it all begin?                                                         

[size=36]Photos[/size]

George & Amal Clooney's Romance Rewind

Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Turner

"I didn't leave the house," George recalled to David Letterman when discussing his first meeting with Amal. "It's the wildest thing. A mutual friend of ours said, 'I'm stopping by and can I bring my friend?' And I was like, 'Of course.' I got a call from my agent who called me and said, 'I met this woman who's coming to your house who you're gonna marry.'"

"And the funniest thing was my mom and dad were visiting, so my parents were there, and we just talked and we stayed up all night talking and then, you know, I got her email address 'cause she was going to send me some pictures of my parents and then, we started writing and I didn't really, I didn't know if she wanted to go out with me," the Casamigos co-founder continued. "I just thought, you know, we were buddies."

What came next was a special relationship that was much more than your average friendship. In fact, George is more than happy to admit that he knew there was something special from the beginning.

"I thought she was beautiful and I thought she was funny and obviously smart," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "She probably thought I was old. Then she sent some pictures from when she was here and we were writing each other, emailing, talking, mostly about what was going on in each other's lives and over a period of time, it became clear we were more than just friends."

Fast-forward to April 2014 when news broke that the couple was engaged after roughly seven months of dating. They would later enjoy a stunning wedding ceremony in Italy with family and famous friends including Bill Murray and Matt Damon.

"There was no doubt that we were the right couple and that we were the right team," George explained to The Hollywood Reporter. "And we were a team from right off the bat. Immediately, we felt we were just happy, and we have been happy ever since."

Celebrity Couples We Admire

Julien Hekimian/Getty Images

That happiness has only continued once they became parents to not one but two kids. Back in February 2017, The Talk's Julie Chen confirmed the news and revealed the happy couple is expecting twins in June.

And while they tried to keep their journey to parenthood on the private side, both George and Amal couldn't help but gush about their growing family once Alexanderand Ella arrived last summer.

"[Having kids] has never been part of my DNA," George once told The Hollywood Reporter. "We didn't plan on it. We never talked about it until after we were married, which is funny. There was an assumption that we didn't want them. And then, after the wedding, Amal and I were talking and we just felt we'd gotten very lucky, both of us, and we should share whatever good luck we've got."

[size=36]Photos[/size]

George Clooney's Best Roles

AP Photo/Andrew Medichin

According to a source, George is an "amazing" dad who is "very doting" to the twins and to his wife. We're told Alexander likes to mimic George and has even expressed interest in wanting to dress just like him. 

"George is really embracing fatherhood and being married and seems almost surprised by how happy and natural he feels about it after so many years of swearing this lifestyle off," our insider added.   

And ever since he became a member of the fatherhood club, George says he's shifting his Hollywood career to focus more on directing than acting. "I'm 56. I'm not the guy that gets the girl anymore," the Ocean's Eleven star told The Sunday Times.

He's also more devoted than ever before to supporting causes near and dear to him and his family. Whether expressing his support for Parkland High School students, donating to March for Our Lives or working with The Clooney Foundation for Justice, the couple is committed to a variety of causes.

"They are really bonded by the very real goals they have in terms of their philanthropic ideas and initiatives," a source shared with E! News. "Their goals in that respect are totally aligned, which brings them even closer to each other. They take that very seriously."

And while he remains in the Hollywood spotlight, George is focused less on what's next and more on enjoying the moment.

"Right now my job is changing diapers and walking them around a little bit," George previously shared with The AP via Vanity Fair. "I really didn't think at 56 that I would be the parent of twins. Don't make plans. You always have to just enjoy the ride."

T

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal Empty Re: How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal

Post by Donnamarie Sat 29 Sep 2018, 19:16

Got to flat out disagree with George’s statement that as an actor at 56 he’s not the guy who gets the girl anymore.  BS George!  All he needs is the right script.  There is something George will always have as a man and comes through as an actor ... his undeniable charm.  Though I figure that if George looks at scripts love stories aren’t necessarily what appeals to him.  I’m still waiting for him to take on that complicated character study type of movie reminiscent of his role in ‘Michael Clayton’ and of Paul Newman in ‘The Verdict’.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal Empty Re: How George Clooney's Life Changed After Meeting Amal

Post by it's me Sat 29 Sep 2018, 21:11

I didn't see that movie

The verdict

So I went searching for the plot

And it seems
at the end
Ppl is asked to listen to their heart

Is it right ?

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 29 Sep 2018, 21:28

Yes you're right It's Me. Both films are very thought provoking and on very serious subjects about ethics and morals.

Maybe you could find an Italian translation of them or part of them on Youtube

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 29 Sep 2018, 21:45

Donnamarie - I think he's being realistic. He's too old to be the guy who gets the "girl" (especially with those god-awful white chin-whiskers!). Audiences for rom-coms and such are too young to appreciate him as the love interest.

On the other hand, there is a market (albeit smaller) for him to be the guy who gets the "woman". Sadly, there aren't too many scripts like that or like Michael Clayton or The Verdict. Those are the kinds of movies he seems to want to produce and direct - not necessarily act in.

At this point in his life he might want to stay behind the camera so he can have more time with his kids. It can't be lost on him that he had them late in life and might not have as much time with them as he could wish.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 30 Sep 2018, 03:51

Agree Lizzy about George not wanting to play the guy who gets the ‘girl.’  I meant a more mature script like ‘Up In the Air’.  Regardless I don’t think he’s interested in love stories.  But he has said he’d jump at the chance to act in a movie like ‘The Verdict.’  Those type of roles don’t come around too often.  He has said that he doesn’t find most scripts that interesting to him.  I think he prefers to be behind the camera too.  Directing is far more satisfying.  I only objected to his idea that he somehow is not appealing on screen playing a love interest.  He is still handsome, sexy and charming ... and a damn good actor.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Sep 2018, 04:13

Donnamarie wrote: He is still handsome, sexy and charming ... and a damn good actor.
Very Happy You'll get no argument from me on any of that! He has said he wants to make the kind of movies they don't make anymore. Maybe, if that's where his focus is, he'll occasionally come across a part he can't resist.  can't see him totally giving up acting - and I don't think dinner theater on his island will quite cut it! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by media savvy Tue 02 Oct 2018, 23:26

George isn't believable (i.e. does not sell tickets) as a love interest - that's why he does buddy movies.

media savvy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 02 Oct 2018, 23:29

He is
Absolutely
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Oct 2018, 00:54

media savvy wrote:George isn't believable (i.e. does not sell tickets) as a love interest - that's why he does buddy movies.
Who doesn't believe George Clooney's relationship with Amal Alamuddin-Clooney is authentic?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 03 Oct 2018, 01:36

Ladybug she is talking about his acting roles not his real life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 03 Oct 2018, 01:48

Yep. That's why Media savvy refers to not selling tickets as a love interest..........!?!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 03 Oct 2018, 02:37

He had great chemistry with nurse Carol on ER .  He was so very much believable  in " Intolerable Cruelty " with Catherine Zeta Jones and he is great Juila  Roberts .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Oct 2018, 03:25

I believe this:

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 03 Oct 2018, 06:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Oct 2018, 12:49

Media Savvy - Tell me he isn't a credible love interest after you've seen "Out of Sight" or "Solaris" or "The American" - since his more obvious roles don't impress you.

The problem isn't him. It's the lack of good scripts for mature actors.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 03 Oct 2018, 13:14

You are right !!

"Solaris" or "The American" are..... Really interesting movies too Cool

Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 03 Oct 2018, 14:18

I agree with you Lizzy he needs the right script.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 03 Oct 2018, 16:38

annemarie wrote:Ladybug she is talking about his acting roles not his real life.
According to Amal's Wikipedia: She is married to the American actor George Clooney.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 03 Oct 2018, 17:04

Ladybug what are you talking about. No one was talking about Amal and George's marriage Media Savvy was talking about his acting in romantic roles.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Oct 2018, 17:52

Ladybug - Don't allow your view of the world to be defined for you by a bunch of websites and people you'll never meet instead of your own experience. Pretty much anyone can say anything on Wikipedia.

George Clooney is many things. "Actor" is only one word that defines him. Director, producer, writer, businessman, philanthropist and activist are others. As are son, brother, husband, father and friend.

None of that has anything to do with what we were talking about.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down