George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyToday at 21:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyToday at 0:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 2:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024 - 2:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 17:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyFri 5 Apr 2024 - 0:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 9:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George injured in road accident in Sardinia EmptySun 10 Mar 2024 - 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George injured in road accident in Sardinia

+13
benex
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
Joanna
What Would He Say
Admin
Donnamarie
annemarie
Way2Old4Dis
Sevens
Picachu
PigPen
Lilia
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George injured in road accident in Sardinia Empty George injured in road accident in Sardinia

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George injured in road accident in Sardinia Empty Re: George injured in road accident in Sardinia

Post by carolhathaway Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:05

I've just read about it and was going to post it here.
We can only hope that he's not seriously injured...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George injured in road accident in Sardinia Empty Re: George injured in road accident in Sardinia

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:09

According to the now worldwide reports he was on his scooter, a pickup truck was involved - taken to the local hospital and no major injuries......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:25

A pic and more info.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:27

[size=34]BREAKING: George Clooney is 'hospitalised after crashing his motorbike and smashing into a car's windscreen in Sardinia'[/size]

• The US actor, 57, was 'riding his motorbike in Costa Corallina, Puntaldia, when he collided that suddenly changed direction on Tuesday morning

• A picture suggests George hit the windscreen of the car 

• The actor was reportedly taken to the emergency room of the John Paul II hospital and his condition does not appear to be serious

• He and Amal are currently living in Sardinia, where he is filming his new TV series, Catch 22

• The couple were last pictured out on Saturday, where they dined at La Tavernetta restaurant 

By REBECCA DAVISON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 04:43 EDT, 10 July 2018 | UPDATED: 05:24 EDT, 10 July 2018

George Clooney has been hospitalised after crashing his bike in Sardinia, Italy, according to reports.
The US actor, 57, was said to be riding his motorbike at Costa Corallina, Puntaldia, when he collided with a Mercedes car on Tuesday morning, according to TGR Rai Sardegna. 
A picture from La Nuova shows a smashed windscreen, which suggests George hit it during the crash, but despite this, his condition is not thought to be serious. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+5

Crash: George Clooney has reportedly been hospitalised following a bike accident in Puntaldìa, Sardinia, on Tuesday morning - (pictured) when he hit a car's windscreen
According to the site, George was said to be hit by a car which suddenly changed direction at a spot close to a hotel. 

The actor was reportedly taken to the emergency room of the John Paul II (Giovanni Paolo II) hospital, which is in Olbia, Sardinia.
A fire extinguisher can be seen on the road but no people are visible.

+5

Stepping out: He and Amal were last pictured stepping out at La Tavernetta restaurant in San Paolo in Sardinia where they are living for the summer
MailOnline has contacted a representative for George for comment. More information is to follow.  
Amal, 40, and George, along with their one-year-old twins, are currently living in Sardinia for the summer, where he is filming his new TV series, Catch 22.
The couple had previously been enjoying their European trip alongside George's parents Nina and Nick Clooney, as well as Amal's mother Baria Alamuddin. 

+5

Busy time: The Clooneys have been living in Sardinia for the summer, where George is filming his new TV series, Catch 22 
Their outing comes amid reports that the pair are renting a beautiful two-storey villa from Ezio Maria Simonelli, an accountant and man close to former Italian president Silvio Berlusconi. 
The stunning abode features two swimming pools, a tennis court and an incredibly colourful landscape.
Sardinia is a large Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea and is over 500 miles from Clooney's villa in Lake Como.  

George has been working hard in the region for his new project Catch 22, with the star directing, producing and starring in the six episode miniseries based on Joseph Heller's seminal novel.
It was announced in April that the multi-talented star was reducing his role in the Hulu production so he could concentrate on his directing and producing credits.
The two-time Oscar winner has hired Kyle Chandler of Friday Night Lights fame to take over the part of Col. Cathcart (played by Martin Balsam in the 1970 adaptation) originally earmarked for himself while he takes on the less demanding role of Scheisskopf. 

+5

Home away from home: The pair are reportedly renting a beautiful two-storey villa from Ezio Maria Simonelli, an accountant and man close to former Italian president Silvio Berlusconi
The story, set in Italy during World War 2, focuses on Christopher Abbott's character of Yossarian, a US Air Force bombardier who is furious because the bureaucratic rule known as Catch-22.
The rule specifies that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers which are real and immediate is the process of a rational mind; a man is considered insane if he willingly continues to fly dangerous combat missions, but a request to be removed from duty is evidence of sanity and therefore makes him ineligible to be relieved from duty.
Hugh Laurie also stars as Major de Coverley for the series which has a release date of 2019.

+5

In demand: George has been working hard in the region for his new project Catch 22, with the star directing, producing and starring in the six episode miniseries based on Joseph Heller's seminal novel - pictured with Amal at Prince Harry's wedding to Meghan in May

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:30

[size=34]George Clooney in car accident in Sardinia, Italy[/size]
Staff writers, News Corp Australia Network
6 minutes ago
[*]

[*][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=George Clooney in car accident&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytelegraph.com.au%2Fentertainment%2Fcelebrity%2Fnews-story%2Fafa75eb26b6d5bd91f06493f44f5c367][/url]

[*]
[size=20]HOLLYWOOD actor George Clooney has reportedly been injured in a car accident where his scooter collided with a pick-up truck.
According to local Italian media reports, the actor, who is in Sardinia to film a mini-series was travelling along a state road in Costa Corallina when the accident occurred.
A picture from La Nuova suggests that Clooney hit a car while on the motorway. The photo showed the car’s windscreen smashed.
A fire extinguisher can be seen on the road but no people from the accident were involved.
Clooney was travelling towards the set in Costa Corallina when a car suddently turned and struck him, according to La Nuova.
[/size]

[ltr]
View image on Twitter

[/ltr]

La Nuova Sardegna

✔️@lanuovasardegna

[ltr]George Clooney all'ospedale: con la sua moto è finito contro un'auto che stava svoltando [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4:34 AM - Jul 10, 2018

• See La Nuova Sardegna's other Tweets

[size][ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy

[/ltr][/size]
[size][size]
It’s understood the superstar was taken to the emergency room at John Paul II hospital.
La Nuova reported he was was found to have a slight trauma to the pelvis and burises to one leg and and arm, but his condition was not serious.
Reports suggest Clooney has now been discharged.
[/size][/size]

ClaudioLavanga@Lavanga

[ltr]Sardinia hospital "John Paul II" in #olbia tells @NBCNews #georgeclooney has already been discharged following collision between the scooter he was traveling on and a car. #clooney is in Sardinia to direct a TV series called "Catch 22"[/ltr]
4:52 AM - Jul 10, 2018 · Rome, Lazio

• See ClaudioLavanga's other Tweets

[ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy

[/ltr]

[size][size]
Clooney relocated his family to Sardinia, the second largest Island in the Mediterranian Sea, so he could film TV mini-series Catch 22, according to The Sun.
The US actor is directing, producing and starring in the six episode mini-series based on Jospeh Heller’s famous novel.

Set in Italy during World War II, Catch-22, follows the story of the artful dodger Yossarian, a bombardier for the US Air Force, who is furious because many others he has never met are trying to kill him. The series is being produced for Hulu.[/size][/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:34

I hope he is alright, hopefully the reports are correct and he wasn't seriously injure.
s

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:37

George Clooney all'ospedale: con la sua moto è finito contro un'auto che stava svoltando

La moto di George Clooney all'altezza di Costa Corallina (foto Giovanna Sanna)
L'attore è stato trasportato al pronto soccorso dell'ospedale Giovanni Paolo II, la moglie Amal lo ha raggiunto. Dopo una serie di esami il divo è stato dimesso, le sue condizioni non desterebbero preoccupazione

10 Luglio, 2018

OLBIA. Incidente stradale per George Clooney che stamani 10 luglio aveva lasciato Punta Aldìa in sella alla sua moto per dirigersi verso il set e, all'altezza di Costa Corallina, è stato travolto da un'auto che ha improvvisamente svoltato. Il conducente della vettura ha prestato soccorso all'attore in attesa dell'ambulanza del 118.

L'attore è stato portato al pronto soccorso dell'ospedale Giovanni Paolo II dove è stato sottoposto a una Tac. Ha riportato un leggero trauma al bacino e contusioni a un ginocchio e a un braccio, ma le sue condizioni non sono gravi.

In ospedale è stato raggiunto dalla moglie Amal e, assieme, hanno lasciato il Giovanni Paolo II a bordo di uno dei van della produzione
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:39

Translation

George Clooney at the hospital: his motorcycle crashed a car that was turning

George Clooney's motorcycle at coral coast (photo Jeanne Sanna)
The actor was transported to the hospital emergency room John Paul II, his wife Amal reached him. After a series of exams il divo was discharged, his condition they would waken concern

July 10, 2018

OLBIA. Accident for George Clooney July 10 this morning that had left Punta Aldìa riding his bike and headed for the set and, at the height of the coral coast, was run over by a car that has suddenly turned. The driver of the car has rescued the claimant pending the 118 ambulance.

The actor was taken to the emergency room of the Hospital where Pope John Paul II has undergone a scan. Reported a slight trauma to the pelvis and bruising to a knee and an arm, but his condition is not serious.

In the hospital was joined by his wife Amal and, together, have given John Paul II aboard one of the van of the production
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 9:42

They say

Reported a slight trauma to the pelvis and bruising to a knee and an arm, but his condition is not serious.

But a broken car glass.... I hope he will be careful
And take care of his back

They don't talk about head injuries
Luckily

But the car glass
How could be broken ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 10:08

★Francesca★
@sono_selvatica
#GeorgeClooney investito da un'auto in Sardegna, ricoverato in ospedale.
Lui lieve trauma al bacino. Preoccupanti invece, le condizioni delle infermiere incaricate di svestirlo per la visita...

GeorgeClooney hit by a car in Sardinia, hospitalized.
He mild trauma to the pelvis. Worrying instead, conditions of nurses in charge of undress him for visiting ...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 10:14

Trend topic in Italy by now

pale

Ma caZZo
Noooo!  Non c'era un modo diverse di farsi pubblicitá!?!?!?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 10:25

Paola Tronti
@PTronti
·
1h
È chi non darebbe una "botta" a George Cloney?!#GeorgeClooney

Who wouldn't "hit" George Clooney?

Wink

Give me five sister
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 10:31

Currenti Calamo
@CurrentiCalamo_
·
8min
Ecco la moto di #GeorgeClooney dopo l’incidente

His bike
After the accident
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 10:41

Nothing reall you new
But a great pic

They said 20 days for a full recovery....

I guess he feels a bit angry Shocked

I hope he will be careful
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 11:16

Where is Stan when you need him?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 12:22

Yeah, pelvic injury, I'd say. The seat on the bike is gone.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 12:22

I hope it's true
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 12:24

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Yeah, pelvic injury, I'd say. The seat on the bike is gone.

The blue bike is a joke
Found on Twitter

You can find true pics online
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 12:43

It’s me, I’m sure he’s ok.  He was released from the hospital.   He’s lucky that his injuries weren’t worse.  I think motor bikes are extremely dangerous.  But I’m sure there’s no telling George that ...  Motorcycles have been a part of his entire adult life. At his age even bruises and mild trauma can be rough to recover from.  Takes longer to heal.  He’s probably going to be pretty sore for a while.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 12:45

[size=34]PICTURED: George Clooney is treated by paramedics on the road after crashing his motorbike in Sardinia... as wife Amal rushes to be with him[/size]

• The actor was riding his motorbike to work when he collided with a Mercedes which 'suddenly changed direction' on Tuesday morning

• George, 57, hit the windscreen of the car and was treated at the scene

• He was found injured on the road, having hurt his pelvis, legs and arms

• The US star was taken to the emergency room at the John Paul II hospital and X-rayed - but he has since been released 

• His wife Amal rushed to A&E to see him, and he was later discharged, with the couple leaving together in a chauffeur-driven car 

• The Clooneys are currently living in Sardinia for the summer, where George is filming his new TV series, Catch 22

• The couple were last pictured out on Saturday, where they dined at La Tavernetta restaurant in San Paolo

By REBECCA DAVISON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 04:43 EDT, 10 July 2018 | UPDATED: 07:22 EDT, 10 July 2018

George Clooney was pictured being treated on the road by paramedics, after crashing his bike in Costa Corallina, Puntaldia in Sardinia, while on his way to work. 
The US actor, 57, collided with a Mercedes on Tuesday morning, according to La Nuova Sardegna, and he was taken to hospital to be X-rayed after hurting his pelvis and bruising his legs and arms.
John Paul II hospital, in Olbia, Sardinia, confirmed the actor arrived there following the crash and wife Amal, 40, later rushed to his side.

+14

Hospital dash: George Clooney was pictured being treated on the road after colliding with a Mercedes car while on his way to work in Costa Corallina, Sardinia on Tuesday morning 

+14

Riders: Amal rushed to George at the hospital after hearing the news and has since left the hospital with him - (pictured on his bike in March while away in Sardinia)
The actor was said to have been discharged from hospital on the same morning and he and Amal left together via a side exit, stepping into a chauffeur-driven car. 

A picture from the scene shows a smashed windscreen, suggesting George hit it during the crash.
According to La Nuova Sardegna, George was hit by the car which reportedly suddenly changed direction at a spot close to Hotel Ollastu.
Firefighters arrived at the scene as a safety precaution and in one snap, an extinguisher can be seen abandoned on the road.

+14

Shock: The US actor, 57, hit the windscreen of the car but has since been discharged by hospital after having hurt his pelvis and bruised his legs and arms

+14

Upsetting: The actor's feet were just visible as his injuries were tended to, while worried bystanders looked on

+14

Crash scene: The motorbike could be seen lying in front of the car, with the smashed windscreen clearly visible

+14

Taking it away: The bike was covered in a white tarpaulin later in the day as the road was cleared following the incident 

+14

Taking no chances: A host of firefighters arrived on the scene as a safety precaution

MailOnline has contacted a representative for George for further information. 
Amal and George, along with their one-year-old twins, Ella and Alexander, are living in Sardinia for the summer, where he is filming his new TV series, Catch 22.
The couple had previously been enjoying their European trip alongside George's parents Nina and Nick Clooney, as well as Amal's mother Baria Alamuddin. 

+14

Stepping out: Amal rushed to be with George after learning of the accident and left with him in a chauffeur driven car - the couple were last seen dining at the La Tavernetta in San Paolo

+14

Going home: The couple emerged out a side door, along with a host of hospital staff as they slipped into a waiting private car (the pair are not visible)

+14

Taking it easy: George was no doubt eased into the car after suffering bruising during the crash 
They are reportedly renting a beautiful two-storey villa from Ezio Maria Simonelli, an accountant and man close to former Italian president Silvio Berlusconi.
The stunning abode features two swimming pools, a tennis court and an incredibly colourful landscape.
Sardinia is a large Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea and is over 500 miles from Clooney's villa in Lake Como.  

+14

Busy time: The Clooneys have been living in Sardinia for the summer, where George is filming his new TV series, Catch 22 

+14

Accident: The crash is thought to have taken place right by Hotel Ollastu (pictured) 
Video playing bottom right...

[size=3]Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:41

Pause
Unmute

[/size]
Current Time0:41
/
Duration Time2:13

Fullscreen

ExpandClose

George has been working hard in the region for his new project Catch 22, with the star directing, producing and starring in the six episode miniseries based on Joseph Heller's seminal novel.
It was announced in April that the multi-talented star was reducing his role in the Hulu production so he could concentrate on his directing and producing credits.
The two-time Oscar winner has hired Kyle Chandler of Friday Night Lights fame to take over the part of Col. Cathcart (played by Martin Balsam in the 1970 adaptation) originally earmarked for himself while he takes on the less demanding role of Scheisskopf. 

+14

Home away from home: The pair are reportedly renting a beautiful two-storey villa from Ezio Maria Simonelli, an accountant and man close to former Italian president Silvio Berlusconi
The story, set in Italy during World War 2, focuses on Christopher Abbott's character of Yossarian, a US Air Force bombardier who is furious because the bureaucratic rule known as Catch-22.
The rule specifies that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers which are real and immediate is the process of a rational mind; a man is considered insane if he willingly continues to fly dangerous combat missions, but a request to be removed from duty is evidence of sanity and therefore makes him ineligible to be relieved from duty.
Hugh Laurie also stars as Major de Coverley for the series which has a release date of 2019.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 13:06

A picture from the scene shows a smashed windscreen, suggesting George hit it during the crash.

I guess it was an hard hit
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 13:29

I'm so sorry to hear George was in an accident.  My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.   Crying or Very sad
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 13:51

I hope George isn’t in too much pain.  When I got the email from COH this morning I was so worried.  It could have been much worse.  I’m sure George will gets lots of tender loving care and comfort from his family.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 14:08

[size=36]George Clooney, incidente in moto in Sardegna: ricoverato in ospedale[/size]

Il divo era a bordo di uno scooter quando è stato travolto da una macchina. Ricoverato in ospedale a Olbia, è stato dimesso dopo poche ore: ha riportato una contusione al ginocchio, per lui venti giorni di cure

di Alberto Pinna

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Il luogo dell'incidente
shadow

[size]

OLBIA – In moto, come ogni mattina, andava sul set della serie tv Catch 22. Un dosso, una curva e all’improvviso un’auto davanti: George Clooney, che guidava tranquillo la sua Yamaha T Max, l’ha centrata sul cofano ed è caduto sull’asfalto dopo un volo di due metri. Nella ricaduta un colpo in testa (aveva il casco, per sua fortuna) e una botta al ginocchio. Urla, soccorsi delle guardie del corpo che seguivano, poi l’ambulanza all’ospedale. Niente di grave, dimesso dopo due ore: escoriazioni a una gamba, qualche contusione, da TAC e eco nessuna lesione in testa. Ritornerà a dirigere e a recitare fra una decina di giorni. L’incidente poco dopo le 8, sulla statale Orientale Sarda all’altezza della svolta per il villaggio residenziale di Costa Corallina. Clooney era partito presto in direzione Olbia dalla villa che ha affittato a Punta Aldìa in moto; lo precedeva, sempre in moto, un altro del cast, lo seguiva un van della produzione.

shadow carousel

Los Angeles: George Clooney e Amal bellissimi e innamorati al gala del cinema

[/size]

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size]
PrevNext

Superato Porto San Paolo c’è una salitella con curve e poi l’incrocio con una strada privata che conduce alla Marina di Costa Corallina. Dal lato opposto una station wagon ha rallentato e ha svoltato sulla sinistra verso il villaggio. La moto che precedeva Clooney ha evitato l’urto per un soffio. L’attore non ha avuto il tempo di scartare e puntare su una piazzola di sosta. “Avevo il sole in faccia, non ho visto niente, ho soltanto sentito un colpo”, ha detto Antonello C, l’uomo che era alla guida della station wagon. E’ stato lui a soccorrerlo. Clooney gridava per il dolore e si teneva la testa fra le mani. Gli uomini della scorta che seguivano lo hanno adagiato per terra e hanno subito attivato un cordone di protezione. Momenti di paura e di nervosismo. Dopo una decina di minuti sono arrivati i soccorsi; i sanitari del 118 gli hanno applicato un collare di protezione e lo hanno issato sulla lettiga. Al pronto soccorso dell’ospedale Giovanni XXIII Clooney è arrivato con un codice giallo. Accusava dolori al capo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]George Clooney all'uscita dall'ospedale

Pochi minuti dopo è sopraggiunto il suo medico personale, che lo ha assistito nelle prime visite e negli accertamenti diagnostici: una tac un ecografia. Subito escluse lesioni gravi, nessuna frattura. Soltanto leggeri traumi: dimesso con una prognosi di 20 giorni. Sulla statale Orientale Sarda traffico bloccato per un’ora, agli automobilisti in transito si sono aggiunti centinaia di curiosi. Lavorazioni sospese anche per Catch 22, la serie televisiva che Clooney gira nei dintorni di Olbia. Il vecchio aeroporto di Vena Fiorita, da più di 20 anni dismesso, è stato ripristinato ed è diventato una base per gli aerei che animano le scene, ambientate nella seconda guerra mondiale, e ispirate al romanzo Comma 22 di Joseph Heller.
Da alcune settimane nell’aeroporto – che si trova quasi a ridosso dello scalo Costa Smeralda, attivo e trafficatissimo in questo scorcio d’estate – gli hangar e le piste sono stati trasformati in ricoveri e fortificazioni, la squadriglia di aerei militari d’epoca compie evoluzioni e “azioni di guerra” sul promontorio di Capo Ceraso. Clooney ha scelto i dintorni di Olbia dopo una serie di sopralluoghi, Vena Fiorita è un aeroporto militare utilizzato nella Seconda Guerra Mondiale e poi riscoperto dall’Aga Khan Karim quando creò l’Alisarda a fine anni ’50 per i primi collegamenti aerei della Costa Smeralda si è acquartierato una ventina di chilometri a sud in una villa di Punt’Aldia, ha voluto personalmente scegliere gran parte delle comparse (un centinaio di persone). Primo ciak a metà maggio; nelle pause di lavoro ha voluto conoscere meglio la Gallura, escursioni in moto (in alcune seguito dalla moglie Amal) sulle località lontane dalla costa. Ora per almeno un mese non potrà risalire in sella né recitare in scene di movimento Ma la prossima settimana dovrebbe ritornare in produzione e regia.[/size]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 14:16

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 14:48

[size=40]George Clooney Is 'Recovering' and 'Will Be Fine' After Scooter Accident in Italy

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-is-recovering-and-will-be-fine-after-scooter-accident-in-italy%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F09%2Fgettyimages-845024200.jpg&description=George Clooney Is %27Recovering%27 and %27Will Be Fine%27 After Scooter Accident in Italy][/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=George Clooney Is %27Recovering%27 and %27Will Be Fine%27 After Scooter Accident in Italy][/url][/size]

CHELSEA WHITE

July 10, 2018 10:35 AM

George Clooney is in recovery mode after being involved in an accident on the Italian island of Sardinia.
The 57-year-old star was rushed to hospital on Tuesday after falling off his scooter on the state road to Costa Corallina, in the province of Olbia, La Nuova reported.
“George was treated and released from an Olbia hospital,” a rep for the actor tells PEOPLE. “He is recovering at home and will be fine.”
Police told NBC’s Claudio Lavanga that the accident occurred around 8:15 a.m. local time when a driver of a car allegedly did not “respect the right of way,” cutting across the star’s path and hitting him.
The star fell and the driver of the car rendered assistance, calling an ambulance, Lavanga added.
[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-is-recovering-and-will-be-fine-after-scooter-accident-in-italy%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F07%2Fgeorge-clooney-6-2000.jpg&description=George Clooney Is %27Recovering%27 and %27Will Be Fine%27 After Scooter Accident in Italy][/url]
George Clooney
Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for Turner
The father of two was taken to the emergency room of John Paul II hospital after complaining of “a slight trauma to the pelvis and bruises to one leg and an arm,” according to La Nuova. He also reportedly underwent an MRI.
His condition is not serious and he has since been discharged, leaving through a side exit of the hospital, according to the Associated Press. Carabinieri officer Alberto Cicognani confirmed to CNN he spoke to Clooney after the accident, and told the outlet that the actor said he was “fine.”
Giovanni Mannoni, an Italian police commander, also told CNN that Clooney didn’t suffer any serious injuries, including broken bones.
Wife Amal rushed to his side but, after he was given the all clear, they left the hospital together in a private car, La Nuova added.

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fgeorge-clooney-is-recovering-and-will-be-fine-after-scooter-accident-in-italy%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F07%2Fgeorge-clooney-accident-1-2000.jpg&description=George Clooney Is %27Recovering%27 and %27Will Be Fine%27 After Scooter Accident in Italy][/url]
The scene of the accident in Sardinia
Splash News/SplashNews.com

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 15:54

Apparently George spoke to CNN:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:04

PAN - Not him, one of the Carabinieri. I think it might be a while before he's allowed to ride a bike again. He's getting a little old to bounce back like he used to - and he's a daddy now. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 16:19

[size=54]George Clooney involved in scooter accident in Italy
By Hada Messia and Sara Delgrossi, CNN

Updated 1110 GMT (1910 HKT) July 10, 2018
[/size]

[size]

[/size]
[size=36]Play Video
[/size]
[size]

[size=12]Jon Stewart takes over Colbert

[/size]

[size=12]'Game of Thrones' stars tie the knot

[/size]

[size=12]Davidson confirms engagement to Ariana Grande

[/size]

[size=12]Former Superman actor becomes police officer

[/size]

[size=12]McCartney shares inspiration for 'Let It Be'

[/size]

[size=12]Rogen to Ryan: 'I hate what you're doing to the country'

[/size]

[size=12]Johnny Depp's candid Rolling Stone interview

[/size]

[size=12]Cher avoids Trump question, eats cow tongue

[/size]

[size=12]George Clooney involved in scooter accident

[/size]

[size=12]Scarlett Johansson faces backlash over new role

[/size]

[size=12]Kenan and Kel reunite for 'Double Dare' reboot

[/size]

[size=12]John Legend: Resist temptation to disengage

[/size]

[size=12]Ed Sheeran accused of copying Marvin Gaye song

[/size]

[size=12]Backstreet Boys add new member for classic hit

[/size]

[size=12]XXXTentacion tops the charts after his death

[/size]

[/size]

[size=12]'Game of Thrones' stars tie the knot

[/size]

[size=12]Davidson confirms engagement to Ariana Grande

[/size]

[size=12]Former Superman actor becomes police officer

[/size]

[size=12]McCartney shares inspiration for 'Let It Be'

[/size]

[size=12]Rogen to Ryan: 'I hate what you're doing to the country'

[/size]

[size=12]Johnny Depp's candid Rolling Stone interview

[/size]

[size=12]Cher avoids Trump question, eats cow tongue

[/size]

[size=12]George Clooney involved in scooter accident

[/size]

[size=12]Scarlett Johansson faces backlash over new role

[/size]

[size=12]Kenan and Kel reunite for 'Double Dare' reboot

[/size]

[size=12]John Legend: Resist temptation to disengage

[/size]

[size=12]Ed Sheeran accused of copying Marvin Gaye song

[/size]

[size=12]Backstreet Boys add new member for classic hit

[/size]

[size=12]XXXTentacion tops the charts after his death

[/size]

[/size]

Rome (CNN)US actor George Clooney has been released from an Italian hospital after being involved in a motor accident Tuesday.
The 57-year-old was thrown over the top of his scooter after being hit by a Mercedes while in Olbia on the island of Sardinia.
According to Carabinieri officer Alberto Cicognani, the driver of the Mercedes hit Clooney after failing to stop at a turn.

George Clooney is still playing 03:02
Cicognani told CNN he had spoken with Clooney, who said he was "fine" and confirmed he would resume filming of a mini-series of Catch-22, based on the book by Joseph Heller, in a couple of days.
Giovanni Mannoni, a police commander in Olbia, said the actor did not suffer any serious injuries or break any bones. He added that Clooney would be monitored by hospital staff as an outpatient for 20 days.
According to Mannoni, the incident took place at 8:15 a.m. local time on the SS125, a local street in the area of Olbia-Murta Maria.
Clooney was escorted to the Giovanni Paolo II hospital in an ambulance and accompanied by police officers. No irregularities were found in a scan and Clooney left the hospital at 10 a.m. local time.

George Clooney brought to tears by Amal's heartfelt tribute
Mannoni said police are looking into the causes and responsibility of the accident.
Clooney, the husband of leading human-rights lawyer Amal Clooney, has a home on the Italian mainland at Lake Como.
CNN's Hada Messia reported from Rome. Sara Delgrossi reported from London.

[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 18:33

Geez, after reading the description from the CNN report of how the accident happeneded and how fast he was going on his bike I’m surprised George walked away with just bruises.  He is really, really lucky!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 18:42

George was protected by someone IMO.

Either his Aunt Rosemary or his Uncle George.

Yes Donnamarie, he was extremely fortunate
this time. I hope he was wearing his leathers
and not just a t shirt and shorts.

I hope it doesn't trigger any more trouble and pain
with his old neck injury.

Take Care George, we don't want to lose you.
sunny Basketball sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 18:49

I have a feeling that the fact that he's so fit  must have helped him. And to be honest I'd definitely got the impression that since he'd had the twins he was being more careful.......wonder if it was the motorbike or the scooter. Other possible factor - Volvos are well known for being built like tanks!

It's be interesting to see what the accident report says. I have heard that the conditions and signage on many Sardininian roads is a problem at times

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 19:03

It sounds like he might have been blindsided by the Mercedes pulling out right in front of him. For him to be thrown over the front of his bike he had to hit the car head-on. I'm glad he's not badly hurt.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 19:47

it's me wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:Yeah, pelvic injury, I'd say. The seat on the bike is gone.

The blue bike is a joke
Found on Twitter

You can find true pics online

Ah, yeah. It was early and I was looking at a pic a friend sent.

This looks like a 'lucky to be alive' thing. So glad he's okay.

Isn't this his second motorcycle accident? I seem to remember another one, quite a while ago, though.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 20:08

Thank God, he's alright. 

Way2, I think he had way more than two motorcycle accidents.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 20:34

[size=34]‘His head hit the windscreen and he fell to the ground’: Horror moment George Clooney crashed his motorbike into a Mercedes being driven by a man in his sixties in Sardinia[/size]

• The actor was riding his motorbike to work when he collided with the Mercedes 

• George, 57, hit the windscreen of the car and was treated on the road

• Fortunately the star had a helmet and was not driving very fast

• George was taken to nearby John Paul II hospital, where the doctors did a TAC  

• He had no fractures, but he has trauma to the pelvis, hip and knee 

• A spokesperson has said: 'he is recovering at home and will be fine'

• His wife Amal, 40, rushed to his side and he was discharged within two hours   

• They left in a chauffeur driven private car via a side exit 

• The Clooneys are currently living in Sardinia for the summer, where George is filming his new TV series, Catch 22

• The couple were last pictured out on Saturday, where they dined at La Tavernetta restaurant in San Paolo

By REBECCA DAVISON FOR MAILONLINE and CARMINE GUARINO IN ITALY FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 04:43 EDT, 10 July 2018 | UPDATED: 13:21 EDT, 10 July 2018

• [email=?subject=Read%20this:%20%E2%80%98His%20head%20hit%20the%20windscreen%20and%20he%20fell%20to%20the%20ground%E2%80%99:%20Horror%20moment%20George%20Clooney%20crashed%20his%20motorbike%20into%20a%20Mercedes%20being%20driven%20by%20a%20man%20in%20his%20sixties%20in%20Sardinia&body=%E2%80%98His%20head%20hit%20the%20windscreen%20and%20he%20fell%20to%20the%20ground%E2%80%99%3A%20Horror%20moment%20George%20Clooney%20crashed%20his%20motorbike%20into%20a%20Mercedes%20being%20driven%20by%20a%20man%20in%20his%20sixties%20in%20Sardinia%0A%0AA%20source%20told%20MailOnline%20the%20US%20star%2C%2057%2C%20was%20riding%20his%20scooter%20from%20his%20house%20in%20Puntaldia%2C%20Sardinia%2C%20to%20the%20set%20of%20his%20new%20TV%20show%2C%20Catch%2022%2C%20which%20is%20in%20Capo%20Ceraso%2C%20on%20the%20sea%20in%20Olbia.%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-5937207%2FGeorge-Clooney-injured-bike-accident-Sardinia.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top%0A%0A%0AMost%20Read%20Articles%3A%0A%0A%E2%80%98His%20head%20hit%20the%20windscreen%20and%20he%20fell%20to%20the%20ground%E2%80%99%3A%20Horror%20moment%20George%20Clooney%20crashed%20his%20motorbike%20into%20a%20Mercedes%20being%20driven%20by%20a%20man%20in%20his%20sixties%20in%20Sardinia%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-5937207%2FGeorge-Clooney-injured-bike-accident-Sardinia.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0A%27You%27re%20the%20love%20of%20my%20life...%20I%27ll%20lead%20our%20family%20with%20honor%27%3A%20Justin%20Bieber%20confirms%20engagement%20and%20hints%20at%20baby%20fever%20while%20Hailey%20Baldwin%20flashes%20new%20sparkly%20band%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-5935881%2FJustin-Bieber-confirms-engagement-hints-baby-fever-Hailey-Baldwin.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0ARihanna%20has%20VERY%20tense%20exchange%20with%20Hassan%20Jameel%20on%20holiday%20in%20Mexico...%20one%20month%20after%20singer%20%27dumped%20Saudi%20businessman%27%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-5936235%2FRihanna-tense-exchange-Hassan-Jameel-one-month-singer-allegedly-dumped-him.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0A]e-mail[/email]

George Clooney's motorbike crashed into a Mercedes car driven by a local man in his sixties on Tuesday morning, causing the actor to be hospitalised.
A source told MailOnline the US star, 57, was riding his scooter from his house in Puntaldia, Sardinia, to the set of his new Hulu TV series, Catch 22, which is in Capo Ceraso, in Olbia, when the accident occured.
George was at the intersection of Costa Corallina, a tourist village with a private harbour, when he got hit by the car as it turned left to enter the village.

+14

‘His head hit the windscreen and he fell to the ground’: Horror moment George Clooney crashed his scooter into a Mercedes being driven by a man in his sixties in Sardinia on Tuesday 

+14

Riders: Amal rushed to George's side  after hearing the news and left the hospital with him when he was discharged two hours later - (pictured on his bike in March while away in Sardinia)
The source added that George hit the windshield with his head and fell to the ground at around 7am, where he was quickly treated on the road.

Fortunately the star had a helmet and was not driving very fast,  but the windscreen was badly smashed. 
A spokesperson for the star said: 'George was treated and released from an Olbia hospital. He is recovering at home and will be fine.'
George was then taken to nearby John Paul II hospital, where the doctors performed a CT scan.
He had no fractures, but he did have trauma to the pelvis, hip and knee which should take around 20 days to heal.

+14

Shock: The US actor, 57, hit the windscreen of the car (pictured) and while he has no fractures, he has hurt his pelvis and bruised his legs and arms

+14

Upsetting: The actor's feet were just visible as his injuries were tended to on the road, very quickly after the accident, while worried bystanders looked on

+14

Crash scene: The scooter could be seen lying in front of the car, with the smashed windscreen clearly visible - no doubt the star will be counting his blessings that things were not worse
The star's wife Amal, 40, immediately rushed to his side and after two hours, she and George left together via a side exit with security and the local police escort.
The source also told MailOnline: 'The accident happened in a very tourist area, so at that time there was not much traffic.
'Those who saw it will have probably thought of a normal accident also because Clooney's scooter is a normal scooter, there are lots of them around.'  
Firefighters arrived at the scene as a safety precaution and in one snap, an extinguisher can be seen abandoned on the road.

+14

Taking it away: The bike was covered in a white tarpaulin later in the day as the road was cleared following the incident - the roads were fairly quiet when the incident took place 

+14

Taking no chances: A host of firefighters arrived on the scene as a safety precaution
MailOnline has contacted a representative for George for further information. 
La Nuova Sardegna first reported on Tuesday morning, reporting that George had not sustained any serious injuries.
Amal and George, along with their one-year-old twins, Ella and Alexander, are living in Sardinia for the summer, where he is filming his new TV series, Catch 22.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 20:41

Way2Old - I think you're thinking of the one he had in NJ quite a while ago. I don't remember which of his girlfriends was with him - Celine or Betty maybe? - but she got hurt. I'm not sure if he did - I don't think so.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 21:00

Sarah Larson
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 21:03

Joanna wrote:George was protected by someone IMO.

Either his Aunt Rosemary or his Uncle George.

Yes Donnamarie, he was extremely fortunate
this time. I hope he was wearing his leathers
and not just a t shirt and shorts.

I hope it doesn't trigger any more trouble and pain
with his old neck injury.

Take Care George, we don't want to lose you.
sunny Basketball sunny

It's so scaring to think at what could have been

But anyway I would really like to know how he is now
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 21:05

Thumbs up! Thanks, It's Me. I wasn't sure.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 21:06

You are welcome
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilia Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 22:23

Lilia
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 22:35

From the video, it seem to be George's fault, like he didn't see the car at all. But I don't know the street signals there are on that road.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 22:37

From the video, it seem to be George's fault, like he didn't see the car at all. But I don't know the street signals there are on that road. 

The hit was pretty bad. So glad that he's okay.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 22:47

It was Sarah she hurt her foot and he had road rash.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 22:52

Doug Ross -The reports said that the car came too close to him while it was making a turn. Maybe the car was going into the parking lot and didn't give George time to get past. It looked like he was sitting up after the crash. That's a good sign.

Annemarie - Now that I think about it I remember seeing pictures of her on crutches.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 22:55

No
Absolutely not
The car invaded his side of the street

Luckily the car was already stopped
Or both velocities would have been added

Anyway he found a big obstacle
And if he REALLY has only what they say

He can start thanking all saints in paradise
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 23:27

I agree it’s me.  All the reports I’ve read say the Mercedes was at fault. It was over the line on the road and didn’t give George the right of way. From the video it looks like someone was in front of George on a motorcycle.  Maybe it was a Grant.  It’s obvious from the video that the first motorcycle had to swerve away from the car to avoid being hit.  George wasn’t so lucky.

I remember reading about Gio and George riding motorcycles in Italy many years ago and Gio was in an accident.  George applied pressure to Gio’s injury until the ambulance came.  George wasn’t hurt.  That and 
the NJ accidents are the only others that I can recall.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 23:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jul 2018 - 23:39

I guess others happened without us knowing

I only hope all is fine
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next