George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House

+10
Admin
Donnamarie
it's me
What Would He Say
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
Merlin
annemarie
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House Empty Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House

Post by party animal - not! Sun 04 Mar 2018, 01:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(I'm guessing this is an all-emcompassing interview with her as build-up to the Met Ball.........)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House Empty Re: Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 04 Mar 2018, 03:06

Wonderful, I'm sure it's not just about fashion and the Met Ball.  I'm looking forward to hearing Amal, the lucky woman who married George Clooney talk about giving birth, life as a mom, and the twins.  I'm sure like any new mother Amal is busting at the seams to talk about her children.  I hope it includes pictures of their children.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House Empty Re: Amal in Vogue Interview this week at Mill House

Post by annemarie Sun 04 Mar 2018, 04:25

It says George and the children won't appear in the article.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 04 Mar 2018, 04:42

annemarie wrote:It says George and the children won't appear in the article.
There is no way Amal is going to do an article and not mention the children she gave birth to.  NO WAY!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 04 Mar 2018, 04:50

I was talking about there being pictures the article said the twins and George won't be seen in the article.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 04 Mar 2018, 09:15

I'm disappointed there will be no pictures.  I'm still looking forward to hearing Amal, the lucky woman who married George Clooney talk about giving birth, life as a mom, and the twins.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 04 Mar 2018, 09:46

'She and George have put blood, sweat and tears into getting their house to be perfect, so it’s the ideal location to do this.’

Haha...no just £10 million....

Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 04 Mar 2018, 13:37

What's with the diamonds? It's a come-see-my-house interview for Vogue, not  a royal ball. A bit tone deaf.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 04 Mar 2018, 13:43

I love the idea of diamonds that house calls for them. My guess is there will be some formal shots so she will be dressed formally. Like

pan said this is probably for the Met Gala.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 04 Mar 2018, 14:01

We won't know about it all unless we get to see the actual interview / article.
So at the moments we do know that
- she did an interview at their Sonning home
- Annie Leibowitz, who's certainly one of the most accomplished photographers, shot the pics
- she reportedly borrowed some very expensive jewelry from Cartier which leads us to the conclusion that she dressed formally
- she reportedly didn't talk about her husband and her kids
- the article in Vogue magazine will reportedly be published in several months.

The article who reports about is from the Daily Mail, so we all can make up our own minds if every fact about is is accurate.

Anyway, we won't know about everything until we read about it. And I've checked both, the UK and the US Vogue websites and found no mention of that.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 04 Mar 2018, 14:09

I hope you are right CarolH.... if not Sad   I have some advice for George.... some kind soul might pass it on.....

GEORGE GEORGE!  You have lots of mooli.... Give it all to Amal..... Every penny!!!! Do you hear me dimes dollars cents.....Give it all...

Then run as fast as you can.... freedom has no price....

You see peeps, I can’t make a square out of this circle.... sweet baby J.... surely be to God she has a pair of earrings George gave her... or she could borrow off her Mum or Sis..... BUT this nooooo....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 04 Mar 2018, 14:24

Well this is an interesting shot - not one sign of ice, snow, cloud and everything that has been thrown at us in the last week....... and the story has been 'mailonlined' hasn't it?

So some of it may be true....but I'm betting that some of it has been timed for when she's in the UK anyway....and that she will absolutely use the opportunity to talk about all the things that are important to her - Real Housewives of Sonning highly unlikely........money to charity.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 04 Mar 2018, 14:56

This is a one off piece for vogue I think for the Met event She is a host so since Anna Wintour is head of this event Amal is giving an interview.

I'm sure Amal wouldn't be doing this if George didn't fully support her role in this event .  I'm looking forward to reading what she has to say

they have been married 3 1/2 years and she has never given a real interview.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 04 Mar 2018, 15:08

PAN - We all know that George is blessed. Maybe snow isn't allowed to land on his house.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 04 Mar 2018, 15:11

Lol, Lizzy that is a great trick if only he could pull that off.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2018, 15:19

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 04 Mar 2018, 15:31

lol!   Is there really a place called "Bugs Bottom"?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2018, 15:34

So it seems
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:11

There is no way any of you can convince me Amal did not talk about giving birth to her children and life as a new mother.  Look how happy she is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is NO WAY any of you can convince me.   I'm sure Amal talks about birthing these children and life as a new Mom.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:30

Lovely pix from Berkshire, especially the Egyptian Geese ... so sweet.

It does seem that this article is timed as a lead up to the Met Gala.  It’s so rare that Amal gives an interview so I’m really looking forward to read what she has to say.  Since the interview will be at their Sonning home I would assume she will talk a bit about her personal life.

The Daily Fail never ceases to surprise me.  They can’t seem to make up their minds if they really like the Clooneys.  This particular piece does seem like a jab at them.  So many articles about George and Amal are so saccharin sweet it’s makes me cringe.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:44

Yes Lizzy...we have a few...I would think the name derived originally from the bottom of a hill/valley maybe...

There are 136 places called Bottom – from Bushy Bottom, to Great Bottom, to Burnt Bottom, to the frankly unspeakable Pound Bottom.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 04 Mar 2018, 17:24

The photos could have been done quite some time ago.  Vogue shoots quite a few months ahead of schedule.  I'm not expecting to learn anything new about the twins, other than a few banal details.  They're keeping those children carefully hidden.

Here's the article:

Amal Clooney hosts very flash interview with Vogue at her £10 million Berkshire mansion...and even borrows £7 million of Cartier jewellery bussed in by bulletproof van

• Amal Clooney has thrown open the doors of her refurbished £10 million mansion 

• She has given an 'at home' interview to Vogue from her Berkshire mansion 

• The human rights lawyer also borrowed £7 million of diamonds to wear for the occasion

By Katie Hind For The Mail On Sunday
PUBLISHED: 23:39 GMT, 3 March 2018 

Inviting magazine photographers inside your home is usually the preserve of soap stars and footballers’ wives seeking a quick buck – not international human-rights barristers.
But most lawyers aren’t married to George Clooney; most magazines aren’t as upmarket as Vogue; and most photographers aren’t as acclaimed as Annie Leibovitz.

Amal Clooney has thrown open the doors of her family’s newly refurbished £10 million Berkshire mansion to Ms Leibovitz, for an ‘at home’ interview, set to be published in a few months’ time.

And in the unlikely event that the A-listers’ nine-bedroom property isn’t impressive enough, Mrs Clooney, 40, has also borrowed £7 million of diamonds to wear for the occasion.

The jewels, said to have been lent by Cartier, were delivered to the mansion on the banks of the Thames in a bulletproof Brinks security van last Wednesday.

A source close to the Clooneys told The Mail on Sunday: ‘This has been organised for a long while. It is Amal’s chance to do a sit-down interview and show the inside of her house.

It will be a really special piece for her. She and George have put blood, sweat and tears into getting their house to be perfect, so it’s the ideal location to do this.’[/b]

The choice of photographer is also significant, as Ms Leibovitz took the pictures of Amal during the final fitting of her Oscar de la Renta wedding dress for the couple’s marriage in September 2014. However, it is understood that neither George, 56, nor nine-month-old twins Alexander and Ella will appear in the new pictures.

The couple bought the 17th Century, Grade II listed mansion in the village of Sonning Eye – where neighbours include Theresa May and Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page – for about £7.5 million in 2014, soon after they married.

Mrs Clooney, 40, borrowed £7 million of diamonds to wear for the occasion, they were delivered to the mansion on the banks of the Thames in a bulletproof Brinks security van

They embarked on a major renovation, including an elegant refurbishment of the interior and the addition of a 12-seat cinema, a pool house and security measures.

The property also boasts a gym, spa, steam room, wine cellar and a library. But neighbours complained of ‘noisy and ugly’ building work, while the local council rejected the Clooneys’ plans for a large wooden pavilion overlooking the river.

No doubt everyone – not least the neighbours – will be intrigued to see the result of the work in Vogue.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 04 Mar 2018, 17:49

Admin wrote:The photos could have been done quite some time ago.  Vogue shoots quite a few months ahead of schedule.  I'm not expecting to learn anything new about the twins, other than a few banal details.  They're keeping those children carefully hidden.
Good thing you can't hide a pregnancy!!!!  Because of the pictures of Amal pregnant we all know she gave birth to twins.  

ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 04 Mar 2018, 21:18

carolhathaway wrote:

The article who reports about is from the Daily Mail, so we all can make up our own minds if every fact about is is accurate.

Amen to that!

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 04 Mar 2018, 21:50

Very Happy Merlin - Thanks for the education!  Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 04 Mar 2018, 22:20

Can't George Clooney afford to buy Amal the diamonds;  after all, she is the mother of his children.  Nine million is a drop in the bucket of 500 plus million.   Shocked
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 04 Mar 2018, 23:27

Vogue no doubt arranged for the jewelry to be loaned to Amal for the photo shoot.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 04 Mar 2018, 23:52

annemarie wrote:Vogue no doubt arranged for the jewelry to be loaned to Amal for the photo shoot.
Annemarie, you could be accurate.  However, there is no indication, in the Radar article, the jewelry was arranged by Vogue.  

Also, you have told me time and time again Amal was extremely private.  Interesting she's going to invite the world into the privacy of her home 10 million dollar home wearing 9 million dollars worth of jewelry.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 00:22; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 05 Mar 2018, 00:20

Ladybug, the mag chooses what they want the person to wear and the look they want to show. I don't think Amal had a say so much as she was given the things to wear. I'm sure

Anna Wintour had a lot to do with what we will see in Vogue.

As for her doing the interview we don't know what she will discuss, I don't think it will be a very personal interview myself but time will tell.

The Radar article is the Daily Mail article repeated and the amount of the jewelry may be wrong the fail are known for getting things wrong.

I don't see Amal needing that amount of jewelry for her self she isn't going to balls every night , she seems to like costume jewelry. I'm

sure she has expensive jewelry from George I can see him spoiling her with beautiful jewelry.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 05 Mar 2018, 00:40

annemarie wrote:Ladybug, the mag chooses what they want the person to wear and the look they want to show. I don't think Amal had a say so much as was given the things to wear. 

As for her doing the interview we don't know what she will discuss, I don't think it will be a very personal interview myself but time will tell.

The Radar article is the Daily Mail article repeated .
Annemarie, I can't believe Amal could not say, I really would prefer NOT to wear 9 million dollars worth of jewelry.  However, I've never been involved in anything like her interview.  To be honest, I really, really don't care what Amal wears, how much the jewelry cost, or what they've done to the home.  My comment's are just in fun.  With so much serious talk over the last few days, it's nice to talk about something that's pure joy: her marriage to George Clooney, her children, and life together in their home.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 05 Mar 2018, 00:56

I look forward to reading the interview and seeing the home I am nosy like that lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Mar 2018, 01:48

Perfectly sure that if Amal wanted nine million pounds worth of jewellery George would buy it for her. Just don't see her wanting it. She would far rather give it away to a worthy cause.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 05 Mar 2018, 02:02

party animal - not! wrote:Perfectly sure that if Amal wanted nine million pounds worth of jewellery George would buy it for her. Just don't see her wanting it. She would far rather give it away to a  worthy cause.......
Your probably right, when you live in the heart of George Clooney what could be more valuable then that.  Nothing could shine brighter than the love George Clooney espouse to his wife.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 05 Mar 2018, 13:40

Yeah... everyone does an in depth interview wearing millions of dollars of Cartier jewels brought in by Brinks truck.  Even without seeing or reading the interview, her credibility went down several notches in my view of her.

If she goes on a schpeel about ISIS,  world humanitarian needs, etc while in that amt of jewels, I will honestly throw up.  ( end of rant, for now)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 05 Mar 2018, 13:41

annemarie wrote:Vogue no doubt arranged for the jewelry to be loaned to Amal for the photo shoot.
And she couldn't say "no, that gives the wrong message"?????  

( yup, I'm mad)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 05 Mar 2018, 14:15

Mixed feelings about this. After all, who wouldn't want to wear $9 million worth of jewels, if only for a little while? On the other hand, PP is right that Amal's credibility takes a hit if she's wearing them when she starts talking about all the misery in the world.

I guess we'll just have to wait until the article comes out to see how much of the DM story is true.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 05 Mar 2018, 14:50

The only interest - and it's barely there - I have in seeing her at home is to confirm if I'm right that the UK home is all Amal (except maybe the gym and theater) and is a huge contrast to the house in Studio City. Other than that, I'm finding it hard to think of anything more mundane and boring than a rich and famous wife doing a photo shoot in the mansion her husband bought for her.

That said, I hope she is not tone-deaf enough to drip herself in millions of dollars worth of jewels while she goes on about the difference she's trying to make in our miserable world.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 05 Mar 2018, 15:12

Way2Old - You're probably right about the house, but the Studio City house isn't "George", either. Remember, he said he let Rande and Cindy decorate it for him. He's such a nomad he probably doesn't care what the place looks like as long as it's comfy and meets his needs.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 05 Mar 2018, 15:29

Yeah, but he's lived there for a long time, and by now it reflects him - the photos he chooses, which chairs are more worn, which rooms are lived in. You know, home stuff.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 Mar 2018, 15:37

LizzyNY wrote:PAN - We all know that George is blessed. Maybe snow isn't allowed to land on his house.

Love3 Give Flowers     Coolio Coolio

LOVE IT LIZZIE  !!!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 05 Mar 2018, 15:43

Hi, Jo! Welcome back. I hope you aren't having too hard a time of it with the snow and all. Maybe you should stay at George's house until the weather gets better. I'm sure he wouldn't mind! Very Happy

Way2Old - I wonder if she's left her mark on the LA house, too?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 05 Mar 2018, 19:44

According to the designer of the house in England they both liked the plans she came up with.

i would think like most wives she would add her touches to their homes.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Mar 2018, 20:00

Well, it's actually more SohoHouse than Amal cos that's who the designer has worked for.

We've already seen her office in a BBC interview, and George in the summerhouse from the Paris Match interview prior to the Cesars.......

Not sure I'm likely to define Amal's personality by the number of rocks she wears in an Annie Liebovitz shoot and feature for the Met...........given that we've seen her in refugee camps cross-legged on the floor listening to some terrible experiences and in dire courts in Cairo etc

It may be a bit of frippery for a very grand occasion but it's not actually what she does

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 05 Mar 2018, 20:25

Their homes probably represent both their tastes. 

I don't think we know anything about his taste , simply because others have always decorated his home mainly Rande.

George is happy with that so just lives in whatever Rande has come up with.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 05 Mar 2018, 21:49

I'm sure Amal picked the Soho designer because it fit her personality..
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 Mar 2018, 22:03

Not so sure about that - remember that he had stayed in a lot of SoHo properties around the world - Berlin without a doubt pre Amal - London and the rooftop restaurant in LA. One of the things we do know about Amal is that she loves vintage - and not just necessarily in the clothes she wears (she gets loads from WilliamVintage London) but they love to eat at the Sunset Tower and places like the restaurant in Paris..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 06 Mar 2018, 00:50

PAN I'm not sure I understand what your saying. Do you think the pick of Soho designers was both of their idea? 

Dinners, a shoulder to lean on, sweet kisses, red carpets, a beautiful wedding ring, fancy vacations with close friends are just a few things that represents the relationship between George Clooney and Amal Alammudin-Clooney.

PAN, I'm going to be honest. Observing George Clooney over the last four years I've learned you can experience a love greater than every hurtful effort imposed by others. It has prepared me to enter into the next phase of my life. I know I am loved.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 06 Mar 2018, 01:43

Way2Old - I wonder if she's left her mark on the LA house, too?

If those pink don't-give-a-fuck pants from the other day are any indication, I'm gonna say no.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 06 Mar 2018, 04:04

Way2Old -   lol! lol! lol!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 06 Mar 2018, 04:32

Amal seems to love color so I wonder if the Sonning home reflects that.  George’s LA House had that male clubby look to it.  Lots of earthy colors, leather, wood. I wonder if it changed that much after he and Amal married.  I’m really excited, curious and nosy to see the inside of this new home that they spent so long renovating.  

Wearing borrowed jewels for a photo shoot hardly diminishes someone’s credibility or character.  Amal has shown herself to be woman of substance, smarts and caring as an advocate for human rights. Advocating for human rights and loving designer fashion shouldn’t have to be mutually exclusive.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next