George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home

+6
Carolina Gal
PigPen
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home Empty George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Aug 2017, 06:56

Ok, Gossip Cop haven't denied this one (yet) and it's all over the gossip mags - surprisingly, even the better ones such as Marie Claire and Grazia, not supermarket tabloids.  I'm assuming this originated in the UK and the time difference is why there's yet no denial.  Here we go:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=35]George Clooney has installed James Bond worthy security at his home[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Credit: REX

By Marie Claire August 11, 2017

All to protect the twins

Words by Jadie Troy-Pryde

George and Amal Clooney annouced the birth of their twins, the sweetly named Alexander and Ella, back in June. Since their arrival, the babies have already jetted off on a luxurious holiday to Italy for some much needed r&r and George and Amal are said to be renewing their wedding vows at their beautiful Lake Como holiday home. On top of that, George’s tequila business sold for a cool $1 billion so it’s fair to say the Clooneys have had a very busy few months.

However, the new parents have not been too busy to ensure that their newborns are protected with some extremely tight security. According to a new report, George and Amal have invested in an increased security team, complete with a 24/7 guard service surrounding their LA, UK and Italian homes.

But it doesn’t stop there. The Clooneys are determined to keep their children safe, and have reportedly added video surveillance, bulletproof walls, panic rooms and basement bunkers to make sure that Alexander and Ella are kept away from danger.

An insider told Grazia: ‘Amal is already concerned for their safety, which has only got worse since the birth of their children. The latest incident has really galvanised her and George.

‘They are hell-bent on doing whatever it takes to protect the twins and they’ve told their security advisors that money is not an issue when it comes to ensuring their safety.’

The news comes shortly after pictures of the tiny tots were published in French magazine Voici. Photographers reportedly scaled a fence to illegally take the snaps, and George threatened to take legal action.

Talking of the incident, he said: ‘Make no mistake: the photographers, the agency and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The safety of our children demands it.’

By the sounds of it, not even James Bond himself would be able to get anywhere near them.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home Empty Re: George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Aug 2017, 06:59

And the same story from Life & Style:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George and Amal Clooney Step up Security for Twins — "The Safety of Our Children Demands It"
Yesterday at 2:22 pm

By Grazia Daily

No expense spared! George Clooney and Amal Clooney have beefed up their security after recent breaches have left them fearing for the safety — and privacy — of their newborn twins, Ella and Alexander.

The new parents are determined to ensure that their children grow up in the most normal way possible. After pictures of the twins were published in French magazine Voici, George reportedly pledged to take legal action against the photographers who illegally obtained the images by scaling a fence.

"Make no mistake: the photographers, the agency, and the magazine will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law," he said at the time. "The safety of our children demands it."

The case is reminiscent of when Kate Middleton and the royal family took legal action against a French magazine for using long-lens cameras to snap the Duchess of Cambridge on holiday sunbathing.

As if this incident wasn't enough, Amal has recently been threatened for her work as a human rights leader while defending ex-Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed. Both events have led the couple to increase their security team, employing a round-the-clock guard service to surround their homes in LA, the UK, and Italy. They've also added video surveillance, bulletproof walls, panic rooms, and even basement bunkers.

"Amal is already concerned for their safety, which has only got worse since the birth of their children," an insider explained. "The latest incident has really galvanized her and George. They are hell-bent on doing whatever it takes to protect the twins and they’ve told their security advisors that money is not an issue when it comes to ensuring their safety."

This article was written by Rebecca Cope and originally published on our sister site, Grazia.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home Empty Re: George Clooney has supposedly installed "James Bond-worthy" security at his home

Post by What Would He Say Sat 12 Aug 2017, 14:06

I think you can go overboard on security....I did for awhile, ALL here have probably at some point done so....and it's suffocating AND LIMITING.....

Live your life, do your best, keep your eyes open., trust your gut...BUT LIVE YOUR LIFE..... Don't become a prisoner of your own making......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 12 Aug 2017, 14:26

I'm just wondering about the original source of the story. Life & Style isn't the most reliable outlet and who knows where Marie Claire picked it up so who knows how much is true, if any.

I wouldn't be surprised, though,  if George upgraded security on all his properties now that the twins are here - but I doubt that the changes are as extensive and "James Bond"-like as reported.

This is one story I don't think George should comment on. It's to his advantage to have people believe his homes are heavily protected.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 12 Aug 2017, 15:04

I suspect he's constantly reviewing and updating it and has the very and latest equipment and best advisors there are. After all if you think about the high security levels needed for some of their friends it's amazing how they both seem so relaxed!

I think things must have been stepped up since Amal's case for the prosecution of ISIS.....

I'm guessing the new apartment in NYC has all sorts of gizmos too and the big advantage of just driving straight in.......that was bought before the pregnancy wasn't it? Wonder how much they'll use it now? Not that it won't increase in value of course!

It is a credit to him that he has kept the same team of people who are basically friends now I imagine, for a very long time.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 12 Aug 2017, 16:13

I guess he surrounds himself with people who have proven over time that they can be trusted. That's probably one of the reasons he's kept the same core group of friends for so many years : they're all loyal to each other and know they can trust each other.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 12 Aug 2017, 16:46

Well, if this story is remotely  true... I still ask how did a photographer climb a tree in Como without detection??  I appreciate that since the breach in security, they probably upped the anti quite a bit.  But - they nor their security company didn't think that someone would climb a tree or scale a fence???   That's basic security, folks.   Cameras and a lot of lights on the property ain't worth a hill of beans.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 12 Aug 2017, 19:12

PP - I think the security systems were in place - though there may be more now -but someone screwed up. Human error. I doubt it will happen again or heads will roll. Actually, they probably a;ready have!

Does anyone know, is Gio in charge of security at the villa as well as being George's bodyguard?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Gal Sat 12 Aug 2017, 20:43

I know that George and Amal need to think about security for  themselves and the babies.  George has been a good egg all these years with interviews, TV/movie publicity, fans, etc.  But there comes a point where there is a limit.  George is like a super nova star in the heavens and anyone, thing, company, pets, relatives, etc., that is associated with him gets publicity...sometimes good, sometimes not so good.  That will follow him, Amal, and those babies their whole lives.  George is pretty good in terms of being stealthy.  In addition, Amal is a sticky wicket for many reasons.  It is just as well that magazines mostly discuss her clothes rather than other items.
I believe that the paps that climbed over the wall and up a tree just illuminated that security always needs to be updated/and or looked at.  In a way, it was probably a good thing as he knows there is a weakness in security at his Laglio home as it faces the street.  There is a wall but anyone reasonably able to climb a wall can get over it and up a tree.  One can always plant hawthorne bushes several rows deep directly next to the wall(they have long thick thorns) and then put that green type of lawnscape fabric (I believe that I saw some of that at his Studio City property in a pic once), directly next to the hawthorne bushes.  Make that go 10 feet or higher.  Then there are little multishaped thingys you can hang from the limbs of trees that would reflect the light from the sun.  They look like mirrors.  If a pap tried to take pics, that would interfere with the picture.  Put hundreds of those on the trees facing the street.  It would look pretty as well.

This pap simple was doing a job...trying to get the first pics of those sweet babies.  The children and both parents were never in any real danger, but trespassing is against the law, and certainly it showed that security needs to be shored up.  Things happen for a reason...so he will deal with it and hopefully move on.  More importantly, he and Amal need to think about how/if/when to allow publicity regarding their children.  Not that much different than what Kate and Will are dealing with in a way.  Perhaps releasing family pics a few times per year would help.  He needs to get his security people to discuss this.  Eventually, those sweet ones will be going to preschool and regular school.  That will require more thought.  I don't envy him.  He and Amal are up to the task and they just need to spend more time thinking about this type of stuff. And, no doubt, they will!
I need to get back to reorganizing my craft/computer room before I go back to my classroom in a week!
Carolina Gal
Carolina Gal
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 12 Aug 2017, 22:05

Carolina,
you're right, they never were in danger. But if somebody had a gun instead of a camera, we'd talk very differently about this. People are crazy - you get a good impression when you read some comments about them. So you're right: In the end they realized there's a weak point in their security which needs to be eliminated. And that's what matters.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 13 Aug 2017, 19:26

Wow.....what an interesting article and some good responses which I have marked with the greenies.

I'd imagine there may be some truth somewhere in the original article.   Maybe George has had some information from his good friend Matt Damon, as I don't think that they've been many pictures of his family 
at his home.   

Paps pics from out and about can't really be avoided....can they ?  
But invading privacy in people's homes is a NO NO
and I hope that the Clooney homes are well and truly protected.

I think the comparison with Our William and Kate organising "photo shoots" with their children doesn't really apply imo. 

After all, young George will most probably be our future King and the number one Royals have always produced "Official family photos"

So, regarding the original article, if there is an element of truth in it, then "Well Done George" is all I can say.

Sofa bounce .......excuse the dust !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Aug 2017, 05:33

PigPen wrote:Well, if this story is remotely  true... I still ask how did a photographer climb a tree in Como without detection??
I'm thinking this isn't referring to the Italian property. I'm sure we'd have heard if there were such major building work going on. Whereas we have heard this about the UK home.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 14 Aug 2017, 11:37

George has owned three properties I don't think it was the main house they were on.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 14 Aug 2017, 13:03

Katie - The security measures on the Sonning property seemed pretty extensive from the get-go. Do you think they feel it still isn't secure enough?

From what I can see the Como property is the most vulnerable, Sonning is next and Studio City is the most secure.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 Aug 2017, 16:55

LizzyNY wrote:Katie - The security measures on the Sonning property seemed pretty extensive from the get-go. Do you think they feel it still isn't secure enough? .
Sadly they haven't invited me round to take a look yet. Or perhaps I'm meant to invite myself and test the security?? Hmm.

I'm just guessing which of their properties it could be - or whether it's just a made up or exaggerated story. Perhaps it's a re-write of the 'George Clooney has hired security guards for his twins' story that was doing the rounds a while back?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 15 Aug 2017, 18:09

Could be. The reason I think the Studio City house is most secure is that it's way off the road, surrounded by trees and a park, and close to a police station. The only photos we've seen from there (that I know of) are ones that George either released or approved, while the DM frequently posts shots of the Sonning property and security at the Como villa was breached at least twice that I know of.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 15 Aug 2017, 18:28

Well to be honest having a park behind trees has never made anything that secure - take a look at Villa d'Este - photo lenses zoom literally miles these days.

Laglio is as secure as it possibly can be and personally I don't think they shot from the road. Massive wall and massive spikes on top ( radical intimate injuries guaranteed!) and then George's personal park and trees. And police patrol cars 'cos that's the only route to a lot of other places

I reckon they came from the lake.............I will add nothing more

Sonning surrounded by water and secure as can be. I believe there has been a security patrol, certainly during the building phase. And the SAS not that far away.....

And of course all three properties are in areas where many are security minded......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Tue 15 Aug 2017, 20:45

Sonnig is very safe, otherwise the former president wouldn't have gone for a visit!
I've been to Villa Oleandra and there is no way you are able to climb over the wall or the gate without being seen - automatic movement spots on through the night!
From the waterside it might be possible at night - if you swim, a boot will be seen! 
Why should a pap risk getting in there, having to hide "In that special tree" no one is able to see him in, through the night - knowing they will be there at the pool "On that special day" to get a blurry shot of the twins heads! 

AND ITS FACT, ITS ILLEGAL TO GET INTO PRIVATE PROPERTIES 

I'm Not going into discussions, I just had to get rid of "JUST MY OPINION"
and not an expert on Georges life but come on George - give me a break! It happens
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum