George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk

+4
party animal - not!
Sevens
LizzyNY
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk Empty Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk

Post by Katiedot Sat 22 Jul 2017, 09:48

Well, George has a good PR team and I believe every film he makes gets mentioned as an Oscars contender initially, however:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

’m still catching up on Emmy nominees and debating if I saw Dunkirk in the right format (you’re only supposed to watch it if you can see it projected on the side of an English naval destroyer while Tom Hardy rubs your shoulders, right?). But Oscar season details are already trickling out. Variety’s Nick Vivarelli reports that George Clooney’s crime comedy for Paramount, Suburbicon; Guillermo del Toro’s fantasy romance for Fox Searchlight, The Shape of Water; and Stephen Frears’s drama for Focus Features, Victoria & Abdul, will all make their world premieres at the Venice Film Festival, which kicks off the awards triumvirate of Venice/Telluride/Toronto on August 30.

That report comes in addition to what we already knew about Venice, that Alexander Payne’s Downsizing will open the fest, and Jane Fonda and Robert Redford will receive life-achievement awards there when their Netflix movie, Our Souls at Night, screens out of competition. Toronto has yet to unveil its slimmed-down slate—T.I.F.F. artistic director Cameron Bailey has said he’s reducing the Canadian fest’s normally bulging lineup by 20 percent this year, which seems eminently reasonable. And Telluride’s picks are kept secret up until the first group of cineastes climbs into a charter flight from LAX to Colorado’s Montrose Airport. One thing I keep reminding myself as I attempt to read the tea leaves on all these films: last year at this time I didn’t know anything about a little movie called Moonlight, and I couldn’t pronounce the name “Mahershala.” Here’s hoping this year’s festivals deliver an equally dazzling awards season surprise.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk Empty Re: Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk

Post by LizzyNY Sat 22 Jul 2017, 13:31

A couple of weeks ago MSN posted one of those "best of" lists from some site or other naming the best releases for the rest of the year. - the ones to watch for awards. "SUBURBICON' WASN'T ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad  (I'd tell you which site posted it if I could remember - or find it again - but it's gone. Embarassed) I hope it was just one twelve-year-old's opinion and not the general consensus in the business. George needs a hit.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk Empty Re: Suburbicon to premiere at Venice Film Fest and attracts Oscars talk

Post by Sevens Sat 22 Jul 2017, 17:53

If Suburbicon makes it to Venice in Competition, it's guaranteed a hit. The official announcement is due next week.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Jul 2017, 18:26

Yep. Looking good...

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 22 Jul 2017, 18:46

There have been too many times when the actual performance didn't live up to the pre-release hype. Venice or not, I'm hoping for a solid hit at the box office, no matter what the critics say.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 22 Jul 2017, 23:35

Money Monster was already a solid or at least decent hit at boxoffice.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 23 Jul 2017, 11:30

Fu@@ I'm there..,, I booked 2 months ago....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 23 Jul 2017, 12:01

WWHS - Say "Hi!" for all of us and post pictures! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 23 Jul 2017, 20:03

What Would He Say wrote:Fu@@ I'm there..,, I booked 2 months ago....

Do you mean you WONT be there for Suberbicon ??

Or do you mean you WILL be there ??

You were there for.......was it Monuments Men ?

I do hope you can see our man again WWHS......both for your sake
and ours here as your reporting skills are First Class.
Basket
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 23 Jul 2017, 20:20

Nice video that I don't think I've seen on here.  Thanks Joanna!

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 23 Jul 2017, 21:48

2 more from Joanna!  Thanks Joanna!

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 24 Jul 2017, 03:41

Thanks Joanna. Terrific interview with Julianne and George. I don't think we have that one either.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 24 Jul 2017, 13:08

Does anyone know is it the opening film....or further down the list...

The date will determine if I'm there or not...I plan to be in Padua also but I can switch around to a degree....fingers crossed....

I would love to give you a FIRST HAND account Jo...this will be my third encounter....Just to recap;

First encounter Venice FF ..... A vulnerable George...Suave, sophisticated the consummate  PRO....but I detected "vulnerability"......

Second encounter MM London.....an iratated  George ("almost" angry, but no one else noticed, just me and my third eye) George....

Third encounter.....?????????

Surprise me George....why not.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Jul 2017, 13:36

WWHS - Fingers crossed for your third encounter. I think the oficial list comes out next week. I'm sure Sevens would know.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 24 Jul 2017, 15:20

The official trailor to Suburbicon

Sorry I can't post a "picture version" so maybe someone else can.

I'm also confused as the trailor highlights 

Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin and I can't find them mentioned in the cast.

Can anyone clarify this please ??

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 24 Jul 2017, 15:49

It's just a fan made trailer for fun.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:07

Sevens wrote:It's just a fan made trailer for fun.

Sorry Sevens I don't know what you mean ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 24 Jul 2017, 20:45

Joanna, the video has nothing to do with 'Suburbicon'. The title is totally misleading. I think like Sevens said ... it is just a bunch of clips of other movies that someone posted on YouTube... Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Jul 2017, 22:20

Maybe they'll renew their vows while they're in Venice for the festival. Just a thought.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 25 Jul 2017, 13:55

Trailer this week.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 25 Jul 2017, 16:27

Donnamarie wrote:Joanna, the video has nothing to do with 'Suburbicon'.  The title is totally misleading.  I think like Sevens said ... it is just a bunch of clips of other movies that someone posted on YouTube...  Very Happy

Thanks Donnamarie....Sorry ladies I got that one wrong.

Beaten

But maybe the others make up for it !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down