George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest

+4
party animal - not!
carolhathaway
melbert
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest Empty Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest

Post by Katiedot Mon 10 Jul 2017, 22:30

Oddly enough, my mum saw this on tv this morning and told me all about it!  Apparently Kathy Lette didn't come over quite as fawning and brain dead as the article makes out:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'They are so far above cloud nine': Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest
By Lisa Mcloughlin For Mailonline

PUBLISHED: 10:00, 10 July 2017

She's the best-selling author who has been a close confidante to George Clooney over the years.

And now Kathy Lette, 58, has spilled the beans on her pal's newest role as father to twins Ella and Alexander alongside his wife Amal on Monday's installment of Lorraine.

The Australian writer - who recently hit headlines for considering hiring a sex worker for her Autistic son Julius - revealed that the loved-up couple are feeling out of this world with their new arrivals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+10

Gushing: Kathy Lette, 58, has spilled the beans on her pal's newest role as father to twins Ella and Alexander alongside his wife Amal on Monday's installment of Lorraine

Speaking on the ITV morning stalwart, she divulged: 'Well look they’re in planet parent now, we probably won't see them for a year but they did email us the day they were born.

'They are so happy, they are so far above cloud nine, they're waving to the Mir space station. Love in stereo, what could be better?'

Aside from gushing about her pals and their new bundles of joy, she couldn't help but share what a great dinner guest the Oscar winner is, all the while inviting Lorraine over for tea. 

'They are the loveliest couple,' she gushed. 'I know I said you must come over but when George Clooney comes for dinner, he clears the table and stacks the dishwasher. She's (Amal) fabulous.' 

+10

'Planet parent': Speaking on the ITV morning stalwart, she divulged: 'Well look they’re in planet parent now, we probably won't see them for a year but they did email us the day they were born'

+10

+10

Happy: The Australian writer - who recently hit headlines for considering hiring a sex worker for her Autistic son Julius - revealed that the loved-up couple are feeling out of this world with their new arrivals

+10

Dinner date: Aside from gushing about her pals and their new bundles of joy, she couldn't help but share what a great dinner guest the Oscar winner is, all the while inviting Lorraine over for tea

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest Empty Re: Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest

Post by melbert Tue 11 Jul 2017, 02:36

Isn't she just a hanger-oner and WISHES she was in George's "inner" circle?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest Empty Re: Kathy Lette gushes about new parents George and Amal Clooney... as she admits the Oscar-winner is the perfect dinner guest

Post by carolhathaway Tue 11 Jul 2017, 07:00

Mel,
she's married to Geoffrey Robertson who's Amal's boss at DSC. And I remember having read that she'd met George before - before everyone knew him - and he asked her for a date. So when he became famous, she sat at home looking after her babies and dreamed 'What if...'.

Of course I don't know how close their friendship is, but since they got an email from them after the babies' birth, I wouldn't at least call it a loose contact. Or maybe it mostly was her husband whom they wanted to inform.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 11 Jul 2017, 10:54

Not a loose contact at all.......quite a few dinners at their home, including one with the former Labour leader about a not unconnected story of Russian interference which George has considered making into a film....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 12 Jul 2017, 13:30

Obviously George must feel relaxed at the Robertson's
home as he "clears the plates and puts them in the 
dishwasher."

I like that kind of visitor !   Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 12 Jul 2017, 17:42

Joanna wrote:
I like that kind of visitor !   Thumbs up!

Me too, Joanna! Unless the kitchen is a mess which I don't want my guests to recognize. For me that's the difference between guests and friends because I don't mind when they see my dirty kitchen...

But George would be welcome in my kitchen anytime LOL!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Jul 2017, 18:53

Mine too carolhathaway! He would be a great houseguest IMO. He seems like a guy who'd be happy to cook or grill and do cleanup too. He comes across as one of those people who is comfortable whereever he is, helps out when he can...no job is beneath him. He probably even makes his own bed ... when he's the guest!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 12 Jul 2017, 19:18

Very Happy You reminded me of an old interview - maybe in Rolling Stone? - where he went to the writer's house for dinner. Much to the writer's embarrassment he insisted on climbing up into a crawlspace or attic or something to try to track down an odd noise or figure out why something wasn't working right. (I can't quite remember which.) Not quit the interview the writer expected to get!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 12 Jul 2017, 20:19

LizzyNY wrote:Very Happy You reminded me of an old interview - maybe in Rolling Stone? - where he went to the writer's house for dinner. Much to the writer's embarrassment he insisted on climbing up into a crawlspace or attic or something to try to track down an odd noise or figure out why something wasn't working right. (I can't quite remember which.) Not quit the interview the writer expected to get!

There's a video on YouTube.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:44

And the whole story is also on this site Smile
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:25

Right, Katie. I think this is where I saw it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 13 Jul 2017, 00:02

I think it was Joel Stein of Time Magazine who did the interview. It was great!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down