George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017

+5
Katiedot
Missa
LizzyNY
annemarie
Donnamarie
9 posters

Go down

George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 Empty George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017

Post by Donnamarie Fri 07 Jul 2017, 21:25

I don't know if this is true but this Bloomberg article has a quote from Rande saying that the boys are taking their yearly bike ride in Spain this summer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe someone could post actual article ..... I love you
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 Empty Re: George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017

Post by annemarie Fri 07 Jul 2017, 22:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Every year, Clooney and his best pal Rande Gerber take a weeklong bike trip, and twins notwithstanding, and according to Gerber this year is no different. Here’s a preview of their next jaunt.
Jeremy Taylor
July 7, 2017, 12:37 PM EDT
He’s one of Hollywood’s best known faces—so how does superstar George Clooney keep a low profile on holiday?
The two-time Oscar winner is perhaps the subject of twice the normal scrutiny, now that he and wife Amal are proud parents of twins. Fortunately, Clooney has already found the perfect way to stay under the radar: When he needs to escape the smell of diapers and baby food, the 56-year-old can pull on a motorcycle helmet and dark glasses and head for the highway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size=14]Clooney and Gerber on a prior bike trip through Mexico.

Source: Casamigos Tequila

Riding alongside with him on long summer trips for the past few summers has been longtime friend Rande Gerber. The pair founded tequila business Casamigos together (which was recently [url=http://deadline.com/2017/06/ casamigos-tequila-diageo- george-clooney-rande-gerber- mike-meldman-billion-dollar- deal-1202117491/]sold in a billion-dollar deal[/url]) and share neighboring holiday homes in Mexico. In the past they’ve toured their Harley-Davidsons across America, cruised the Dolomite mountain range in Italy, and explored Corsica.
Gerber, who is married to former supermodel Cindy Crawford and runs a bar and restaurant empire, explained: “Sometimes we ride for 15 hours a day. We never know where we are going—we just get up in the morning and hit the road."

An Old School Route

“Our aim is to find the road less traveled. George is pretty old-school, so we just pack a map and don’t switch on the satellite navigation. With a helmet on, people have no idea who we are.”
Despite the patter of multiple feet, Gerber says the arrival of twins won’t prevent his friend from getting on a bike again. “It’s cast in stone. We’ve discussed him being a dad, and nothing stops the ride.”
Top of the pair’s tour list this summer is Spain. Gerber and Clooney have been poring over maps to find the best routes. “We thought we should check out Andalusia because of the mountain roads and passes. The day usually ends in a bar, drinking with the locals.”

[size=12]Photographer: benedict campbell

To help the celebrity duo find their way, I packed off to Spain with my friend Ian Smith—who happily played George Clooney to my Rande Gerber. I’m not a Hollywood A-lister, and he’s in IT, but we do know how to ride a motorcycle.

Where to Start

Clooney and Co. have enough money to fly their bikes anywhere on the planet—but what about the rest of us?  Harley-Davidson’s Authorized Tours allow riders to rent bikes at more than 200 of their showrooms around the world.
Bikers can choose from the company’s latest range of machines, some equipped with Bluetooth audio for the long road ahead. The most expensive models even have satellite navigation, far easier to read on the road than George’s map.
The process is almost the same as hiring a car, although riders need the appropriate motorcycle license. (Health insurance might be advisable, considering the state of some Spanish roads.)

A view of La Bobadilla, a hotel you could stay at on this trip.

Source: Grand Luxury Hotels

Clooney and Gerber are set to start their summer break in Málaga, home of the Picasso Museum, where Harley-Davidson runs a flagship store.  When I get there, assistant Jose Maria had our bikes ready to go. We opted for a Heritage Softail Classic and a Road King—retro models designed for cool touring.
Each has two leather panniers, and there’s room on the empty pillion seat to strap on a further bag. Once we established that Cindy Crawford isn’t coming, I load up, and we head off into Spanish rush-hour traffic.

Ride Through the Mountains

Despite their plans for a freestyle adventure, the Clooney gang know they’ll be heading north from Málaga. That will take them away from the busy A7 coastal highway that used to be called the “Road to Hell” because the traffic was so dangerous.
The A7000 northeast of Málaga to Colmenar is biker heaven. A series of sweeping corners that cuts across the center of the Málaga Mountains National Park, the road is punctuated by countless viewpoints and jaw-dropping vistas of the Mediterranean. There are no major towns here, just breathtaking scenery, the smell of gorse and wild poppies, and the occasional horse and cart to slow your progress.

One of the White Towns, or Pueblos Blancos, of Andalusia. 

Photographer: Thomas Janisch/Moment RF

For a low-key stay, Clooney will likely head for the hills and a hotel such as [url=https://www.lhw.com/hotel/La- Bobadilla-Royal-Hideaway-Loja- Granada-Andalucia-Spain]La Bobadilla[/url] (from $170 a night)—about halfway to Granada. It’s the kind of retreat where a publicity-shy superstar can really get away from it all. Palm trees, spa treatments, and roomy suits with a private terraces to unwind and consider the next film script.
La Bobadilla is tucked away in more than 1,000-acres of olive groves, near Loja. The sense of arrival when you finally pull up on the cobbled square outside is palpable—only the grumbling of our engines disturbs the peace.

City Biking

The Ocean’s 11 star can make a day trip east from here to visit the Alhambra, the iconic Moorish palace named a Unesco World Heritage Site in the heart of the ancient city of Granada. He will have to dodge the obstacle course of cafés and souvenir shops en route—plus the throng of 6,600 people who pass through the hilltop spectacular every day.

The Alhambra in Granada, Spain.

Photographer: Shaun Egan/Digital Vision

The next day, my road partner and I rose early to avoid the heat and set off due west, toward La Roda de Andalusia. The roads here are faster as we cross the southern plains, passing no-nonsense towns and the occasional vineyard.

Clooney and Gerber on their Mexican ride.

Source: Casamigos tequila

We’re heading for the Andalusian bullfighting capital of Ronda in Málaga, which will be a must-see for Clooney. Sitting above a deep ravine and surrounded by lush river valleys, it’s one of the most remarkable cities in the whole of Spain. The narrow cobbled streets aren’t well-suited to a heavyweight Harley, however, so we park just outside of town.
Hotel La Fuente (from $193 a night) is small but tastefully furnished on a quiet hillside. The walls are loaded with artwork, and there’s a palm tree that throws welcome shade over the swimming pool. Our roof-top room boasts an enormous outdoor bath tub that, in different circumstances, would wow any leading lady.

An outdoor tub at the Hotel la Fuente

Source: Hotel la Fuente de la Higuera

Using Ronda as a base, Clooney has a wealth of mountain roads to explore, stretching in either direction through the Grazalema and Las Nieves national parks. The orange-soaked streets of Seville are a 90-minute ride north, with a magnificent cathedral and an old-town area that feels as though it's a medieval film set.

Let Spirits Be Your Guide

The star can indulge in his passion for liquor-making with a visit to the sherry capital of Jerez. The city is more than 3,000 years old. A few miles southeast are the Straits of Gibraltar, the perfect spot for dolphin and whale-watching.

The Rock of Gibraltar.

Photographer: Marek Stepan/Moment RF

Superstars are few and far between in this remote corner of Spain, but head 70 miles south from Ronda to the coast, and you never know who you will see. Pulling up at newly refurbished Amàre Marbella (from $257 a night) on a Harley is always going to turn heads, even if you aren’t George Clooney.
With our bikes safely stored in the underground car park, my B-list friend and I avoided the well-tanned hordes on the promenade below by relaxing on the hotel’s roof-top terrace. The views out to sea are magnificent, but this is definitely a place to be seen in your best pair of espadrilles.

Marbella’s remarkable Old Quarter is a rash of narrow cobbled streets, with lively cafés and bars. A Hollywood A-lister would definitely go unnoticed here, while the city’s glitzy marina is definitely the place to be seen.
Andalusia boasts the roads and the scenery to attract any biker on tour. And even if your best mate is George Clooney, have him put on a helmet, and it could be anybody.
Jeremy Taylor traveled to Spain with Harley-Davidson Authorized Tours. Bikes rent from $180 a day. 
[/size]
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. 

LEARN MORE

[ltr][size=30][size=30][url=https://popup.taboola.com/en/?template=colorbox&utm_source=bloomberg&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=thumbnails-d:Below Article Thumbnails:]  [/url][/size]
[size=30][url=https://popup.taboola.com/en/?template=colorbox&utm_source=bloomberg&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=thumbnails-d:Below Article Thumbnails:]by Taboola [/url][/size]
[size=30][url=https://popup.taboola.com/en/?template=colorbox&utm_source=bloomberg&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=thumbnails-d:Below Article Thumbnails:]Sponsored Links [/url][/size]
From The Web
[/size]

[/ltr]

Most Read
[/size][list=recirc__list]
[*]U.S. Stocks Rebound, Bonds Fall on Economic Data: Markets Wrap
[*]If You Can’t Afford a Porsche 911, Buy the Mazda MX-5 RF
[*]It’s Boom Times for Recruiters After U.S. Job Market Tightens
[*]Russians Are Suspects in Nuclear Site Hackings, Sources Say
[*]U.S. Hiring Accelerates While Wage Growth Stays Flat

[/list]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017 Empty Re: George's Motorcycle Trip Summer 2017

Post by Donnamarie Sat 08 Jul 2017, 00:00

Thanks much annemarie!!!! flower
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 08 Jul 2017, 13:23

Thanks annemarie! Sounds like a great trip. Now that this guy laid out the whole itinerary for every looky-loo and paparazzo to see, Rande and George may have to pull out the maps again and plan a trip somewhere else! Telling where they're going to be is like telling thieves when you'll be on vacation. Pretty dumb - unless that's not where they were planning to go in the first place! I\'ve got an idea2
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 08 Jul 2017, 13:38

I don't think that is the route they were going to take. Just this person's idea of where they would head.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 09 Jul 2017, 01:15

This seems like a Casamigos un-advertisement.  Those pictures from their "Mexican trip"? In dress shirts, with no helmets?  Must've been a short trip. Rolling Eyes  We very rarely hear about where their trip was until long after; I doubt any of this is accurate.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 09 Jul 2017, 02:15

The writer used old pictures from other trips the real trip hasn't happened yet.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 09 Jul 2017, 11:51

This is a travel article disguised as a George Clooney story, although if the quotes from Rande Gerber are true, then it looks like Spain may be their plan this year.

Gotta be honest, I'm surprised that George would go off for a week just when his first children are so young. You'd think he'd want to be around a bit more?

Also: when did they do a bike tour in Mexico? Did I miss it? They definitely got papped a year or two ago when they did the areas around Switzerland and Italy, I remember that.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 09 Jul 2017, 12:21

I think the trip now is a good idea, when they are older they will miss him and he probably won't want to be away for long. Also with technology I don't think he will miss much of the babies day to day routines. Which right now is eating, sleeping , crying and diaper changes.lol

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 09 Jul 2017, 12:56

Katie - Have to agree. I was a bit surprised, too. Maybe he's getting too involved and Amal wants him out from underfoot for a while - or maybe he's had enough baby stuff and needs a break - after all, he's been pretty much housebound for the last few months. He may just be wondering what the hell he got himself into! Very Happy This is not the life he's been used to living!

I think the Mexico bike tour was around when they started Casamigos. I remember shots of them riding around Mexico inspecting the agave fields.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 09 Jul 2017, 13:06

If marriage didn't stop the trips there is no reason the babies should it's not
like they will know he is gone. They won't be off to college by the time he gets back lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 09 Jul 2017, 13:08

I think it was a different angle of a campaign a while back and is probably on the Casamigos twitter and Instagram site

The Bloomberg article looks to be part of a series Rande did with them about Casamigos which was then followed up by Bloomberg before and after the Diageo takeover and I think it was done before the babies arrived.

If it happens now, I don't see George being away too long!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 09 Jul 2017, 15:36

Yea if the article is accurate I think that George made sure it would be ok to leave for a week away from his new family. Amal will have help with the babies from the nanny and possibly family who might visit during that timeframe. And IMO I think George will miss Alex and Ella more than he can imagine while he is away ...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 09 Jul 2017, 16:20

Donnamarie wrote: And IMO I think George will miss Alex and Ella more than he can imagine while he is away ...  
Yes, thanks for writing what I was thinking but couldn't put in words. I know the babies won't remember if he was there or not but as they change so quickly at that age, I think it's hard for any parent to go away and leave them.

His choice, obviously. I just find it odd.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 09 Jul 2017, 19:53

Maybe George wants to put some traction on just how much and how fast his life has changed. The annual trip may be one of few remnants he has left of his previous life. And maybe the trip was planned before Amal got pregnant, and he didn't want to back out (if indeed they are touring Spain). Could be a last hurrah, the last chance he will have to go tooling around on bikes for a week with his buds. Whatever the case, he will ride with new feelings, both in the departure and coming home.

But would I be happy about my partner taking a week-long pleasure trip while I'm at home with two brand new babies? No, I would not. And the number of staff and/or family wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Oh. Maybe George is getting out while the Alamuddin clan converges. That, I get.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 09 Jul 2017, 20:09

I suppose Skype has helped distance
contact.

We'll just have to keep watching for Rande's 
Instagram pictures and comments.

I notice that his Instagram pictures of his trip down the
River Thames near to George's home have been removed.
They were just Willow trees and water !!    lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 09 Jul 2017, 20:37

Jo - Maybe the stories about security worries weren't that farfetched. I don't think he's going to come running back to LA and hide in his house, but I do think he may have put the word out to his friends to respect his privacy. It's bad enough (from his point of view - not so bad from ours) that The DM constantly publishes drone shots of the property.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 09 Jul 2017, 21:43

Yes Lizzy.....those overhead shots of their home 
must be a concern.
I'm not sure about the legal situation here regarding that.
Maybe our Guru..... pan.....will know more than me ?

Back on topic.
Regarding the motor cycle trip.
I get concerned seeing pictures of George and Rande
gadding about on high powered motor cycles dressed
in t shirts and jeans.

They give NO protection for coming off the bike !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 09 Jul 2017, 22:00

Nice new avatar Joanna!

George has always seemed like a gregarious person who enjoys being surrounded by lots of friends and family. I can't imagine it's any different for Amal's family.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 09 Jul 2017, 22:05

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Oh. Maybe George is getting out while the Alamuddin clan converges. That, I get.
LOL!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 09 Jul 2017, 22:12

Joanna -True jeans and tee shirts aren't the best riding gear, but at least he wears a helmet. Hopefully they'll ride safely.

Donnamarie, no matter how gregarious you are everyone needs some real down time - especially new parents. That's why Nick said he and Nina wouldn't be visiting for a while. I don't think G&A hired a nurse and nannies to watch the babies so they could be free to entertain. Even when it's your own flesh and blood, guests can be tiresome - more so if they're your spouse's relatives (no matter how much you like them). IMO the old adage about visitors and fish is true!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 09 Jul 2017, 22:28

Lizzy I agree guests can be tiresome. Everyone does enjoy some downtime when you don't have to be "on".
I personally like my privacy and would not enjoy houseguests constantly.

From George's comments in past interviews and how he always seems to be entertaining family and friends in Como I just don't think it bothers him. I think he relishes it.

I think if George is going on this bike trip it's not to get away as much as it's continuing a tradition he has had with the guys for years.

Guess we will have to wait and see if pics turn up on Rande's Instagram ....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 10 Jul 2017, 19:16

Thanks Donnamarie.....glad you like my avatar.

Mel kindly posted the picture on for me in
"caption pictures of George."
I just can't seem to post pictures anymore 
from my iPad.

Yes Lizzy.....it's good that the bikers wear helmets.
But the rest of their bodies look so vulnerable to me.

Hey Ho....that's their choice !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 10 Jul 2017, 19:30

Yes, I think George loves entertaining - loads of funny stories from Como over the years and I'm sure many interesting guests from all walks of life - and of course a few houses for friends to stay in within the grounds.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 10 Jul 2017, 19:37

I think he loves people too .    Love4

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down