George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal

4 posters

Go down

Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal Empty Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal

Post by carolhathaway Fri 19 May 2017, 16:54

[size=34]Julia Roberts Paints an Accurate Picture of Parenthood for George Clooney as He Awaits Birth of His Twins[/size]

By: CORINNE HELLER 
Fri., May. 19, 2017 8:04 AM PDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The "Suburbicon" director gushes about pregnant wife Amal Clooney to E!'s Marc Malkin at 2017 CinemaCon. Plus, has the couple picked baby names?

Julia Roberts and longtime co-star George Clooney will soon share something special in common: He too will be a parent to twins. 

The actor's wife Amal Clooney is pregnant with a baby boy and a girl, who are due in June. Roberts said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Friday that she has given George advice about parenthood but did not say what she told him.

"It's gonna be so fun. They are a great couple and I think they don't need advice from me or anybody else," she said.

She did, however, paint a 100 percent accurate picture of what parenthood is like for the first few weeks.

"Also, you know, nobody's there with you at 3 o'clock in the morning when you're just going, 'What am I doing? Where did they come from and when are they going?'" she said. "And then you sort of, you get through it and you figure it out and everybody does and it's a trial and error and a whole lot of tears and it's amazing." 

Photos
Julia Roberts' Best Looks

NEIL MOCKFORD/ALEX HUCKLE/GC IMAGES

Roberts and husband Danny Moder are parents to twins Hazel and Finn, 12, and son Henry, who will turn 10 next month.

"I have three incredible kids and to think about when they were teeny-tiny...it goes so fast," the actress said.

ABACA/INSTARIMAGES.COM

E! News had previously learned the Clooneys plan on raising their children in the U.K., where Amal has lived for years and where the couple owns one of their homes. The couple has also decided that after the twins come home, they won't hire a live-in or full-time nanny and instead have a night nurse help set a sleeping schedule. Amal's mother, journalist Baria Alamuddin, has also expressed that she would like to help out.

George has signaled diaper duty is something he can handle.

"Hang on for a minute. I played a pediatrician on ER," Clooney told E! News' Marc Malkin in March.

Last edited by carolhathaway on Fri 19 May 2017, 16:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tried to delete all the extra stuff from the article)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal Empty Re: Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal

Post by Donnamarie Fri 19 May 2017, 19:05

What Julia said about being up with the babies at 3 in the morning. It's so true. I can't speak to having twins (carolhathaway could) but even with one it's traumatic at times ... especially in the middle of night. They are crying, you or your husband are exhausted and you can't figure out how to settle them and you just think OMG what is this?! You don't know how you will get through the night but you do.

George and Amal will need lots of patience. I'm sure they know that already. They probably have gotten more advice than they need from all their friends who have been there, done that.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal Empty Re: Parenting Advise From Julia Roberts to George and Amal

Post by carolhathaway Fri 19 May 2017, 21:51

Donna,
it helps to keep the babies in seperate rooms when you know they regularly disturb each other during the night and wake and keep up the other one (and yourself).
About the only advantage of them having been in hospital so long is that - at least my kids - slept no matte what happened next to them. Especially the NICU (neo intensive care unit) was so hectic and noisy that they were simply used to it.
But yes, during these nights with crying babies you feel left alone, helpless. And the next morning they smile to you and you feel you're the happiest family in the world...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 20 May 2017, 04:06

Is it usual for twins to sleep in the same crib? Don't they find it comforting to be with each other since they were in utero together?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 20 May 2017, 07:53

My twins slept in the same crib although they were seperated in the clinic, so they were reunited after six months. But they really enjoyed being together, and since they were so small when they were born, they were able to share the same crib until they were 18 months old. Other twins I know were so different that they had to sleep in different rooms. As Julia Roberts said: it's about try and error...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 20 May 2017, 21:11

I wonder if George and Amal know if they are having identical or fraternal twins. George has stated they don't know the sex of the babies but isn't it true that identical twins will always be the same sex? Are fraternal twins far more common than identical? This is territory I'm unfamiliar with.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Sun 21 May 2017, 00:48

If they are identical they would be the same sex. Fraternal twins can be either ... same or one of each. Identical twins split from the same fertilized egg. Whereas fraternal are two fertilized eggs. So you can have two girls or boys and they are not identical. That's my laymans explanation Smile

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 21 May 2017, 06:03

Yes, identical twins have to be the same sex otherwise . . . they're not identical!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down