George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to

+85
lelacorb
Alisonfan
LizzyNY
Nicky80
lamby
What Would He Say
catwoman
PigPen
Donnamarie
Way2Old4Dis
Cece42
Silje
premiere
amaretti
ldg
globalchick
monaco
happycat
sparkie
Sevens
iamnoone
Catie
jd68
lionheart
Pita428
mel01
bgarabedian
Rose
Duffy
Margaret
noname
Boshkash
Carla97
Einstein
George Fan
isogotit
Picachu
party animal - not!
NotAvailable
Mazy
madsky
Missa
suebee
fava
Bidbod
silly girl
LyndaGirl
theminis
OofOof
janieb
bamboochacha
davidarochelle
phys major
Aly
MM
Maggy
Joanna
ARMANI
Lakin460
Astras
macs
anon.4
Lighterside
dakota007
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
LornaDoone
Stonehenge who?
Ello
bellybaby
lucy
playfuldeb
blubelle
it's me
Merlin
Atalante
Snoopy
melbert
PigLove
bunny
Dexterdidit
watching
Katiedot
89 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 Empty Re: Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to

Post by mel01 Sun 15 Jun 2014, 11:52

There's another engaged A+ list actor - Johnny Depp. But neither George or Depp are "mostly-movie" actors

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to - Page 9 Empty Re: Blind Items - scurrilous gossip that we'll never know the answer to

Post by melbert Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:10

That could be code for "they started out in TV, but are now movie actors"?  I can't see Amber losing $20 mil as I don't think she is in that much demand for her acting.  Amal could feasibly lose that much with some of the high profile mega-rich clients she is purported to be defending.  That would be about 10% of George's estimated worth.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:29

For some reason, any actor who at some point made a name for himself on TV gets listed as a 'mostly movie actor' on CDAN.  Both George, with ER, and Johnny Depp with 21 Jump Street get included.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:35

Oh ya another supposedly engaged couple are Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis. He fits "mostly movie" too. He could be A+ as he was huge among a certain generation for That 70's Show then Punked.

This blind just doesn't sound like George, although it's fun for everyone to think so.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:40

Oh definitely.  This is how the guy keeps his site up and running; by providing vague enough information that it could really be any number of people. 

I'd like to think that George and Amal's prenup would have been arranged before the engagement was announced, plus 20 million is an awful lot of money, even for a top flight lawyer.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:58

Barking up the wrong tree, anyway?

The 'other half' is described as  girlfriend, not fiancee.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 15 Jun 2014, 14:01

Could it be "mostly movie actor" as in now also director, screenwriter and producer.

AA, if it is AA, sure make's a lot of money out of misery.  

That alone is cause for second thoughts.

I don't think the distinction between GF or Fiancee is significant, the fact that the discussion centre's on a pre-nup, makes the relationship self evident.

I hate greed....jmo

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 15 Jun 2014, 20:31

Just found this thread,had some good laughs and learnt a few things:Google George Clooney Bulge and CDAN, too bad I couldn't see the Leonardo pic. Wink

My guess for the 20 million dollar prenup would be George and Amal.This is probably a made up story. But there has to be a prenup,otherwise he is a complete idiot and she looks like a woman who knows her worth. I don't know if being George's ex has been much of a career move for any woman. Amal is 36 and she has invested a lot of time, energy and money to become a lawyer.And honestly is dating George something that is going to help her career as a lawyer? It has given her tons of publicity yes but has it increased her status and credibility as a lawyer? Don't think so and career-wise she probably have more to lose on this relationship then some of George previous women.Taking into consideration that George tend to fall in and out of love pretty often, the gay/bisexual rumours,the fact that he is a skilled actor and that she doesn't know him very well, I would be nervous if I was in her shoes. If they get divorced in a few years what kind of law career does she have left? She should ask for 5-10 million at least.

Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 16 Jun 2014, 03:01

CDAN was clearly aiming at G and Amal. Both Depp  and Kutcher fiancées are actresses and he usually would mention that fact and there B/C list status in the blind.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 16 Jun 2014, 04:19

I will never understand why love equates to money - would never ever sign a pre-nup
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 16 Jun 2014, 04:58

Unfortunately foolish wealthy men wanting trophy wives has changed the landscape of marriage forever.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jun 2014, 06:33

yep
but only in wealty field
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 16 Jun 2014, 07:11

Very true - foolish men indeed
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 17 Jun 2014, 15:49

theminis wrote:I will never understand why love equates to money - would never ever sign a pre-nup

Keep in mind that I believe that anyone over the age of 50 who isn't already in a marriage has no reason to enter into one...

If I am a person, man or woman, who has accumulated a certain degree of wealth, OR even if I don't have a lot, but want to make sure that it goes to certain people or organizations when I die, I have every reason to insist on a pre-nup. I'd be irresponsible not to. It's not equating love with money. It's protecting what you've built for your family or your causes. Having a pre-nup does not exclude the spouse from sharing the wealth, and it doesn't mean that the spouse isn't loved. Assets are assets, and love is love. You can keep them separate by signing a pre-nup. It's not signing it that confuses the two, because you're basically issuing a challenge: "Asking me to sign a pre-nup means you don't really love me."

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 17 Jun 2014, 15:55

I prefer the Italian laws that allow you to get married in the regime of separation of property because they sign a prenuptial agreement is like giving a price to a person and it is very humiliating!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 17 Jun 2014, 16:04

To each his own.

But for the record, there is no US law that requires a pre-nup, and each state has family law guidelines for division of property in case of divorce. But that's leaving decisions about your estate to a court that has no involvement in your family or business affairs., and therefore could reasonably make the absolute worst decision. Why would I take that chance if I could settle the issue the way I see fit beforehand, and be free to enjoy my life and love without the concern?

If money makes no difference to me, a pre-nup wouldn't either. It certainly wouldn't humiliate me to be asked to sign one, and I wouldn't feel I was humiliating my potential partner by asking him to sign one.

But like I said, to each his or her own.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Tue 17 Jun 2014, 19:36

20 million is reasonable considering their status.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Todays blindgossip. Pretty much everyone is guessing on George and Amal and Rande G. They way it is written it would be my guess too.

Silje wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Engaged Actor Has A Boyfriend

Which A-list actor – who just got engaged – has a deal with his new fianceé that allows him to still see his special gentleman friend even after they get married?
The arrangement works for both parties. She gets to marry a superstar and enjoy all that comes with it – fame and fortune – and he gets to remain in the closet and still enjoy the company of men!
This couple is more like best friends than husband and wife!
Actor:
His Fiancee:
Boyfriend (may or may not be famous):

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 11:33; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text and correct link)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] blindgossip.com /? P = 6 3 4 1 8

OK.Tecnicly challenged me is giving the link one more try.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 21 Jun 2014, 11:07

.äv
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 21 Jun 2014, 11:18

Sorry all for my useless attempts to try copy and paste on my cell. I don't know why I can't do this on the cell.Very frustrating. Well at the least I skipped breakfast trying to work this out. Maybee a little dieting will help me lose weight. But that is another thread.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 21 Jun 2014, 11:32

I added the text and the correct link in your first post above.  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 21 Jun 2014, 11:34

Thank you Nicky.You are an Angel.Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 21 Jun 2014, 20:46

Well nothing like stacking the deck of comments by using a picture of a guy with salt and pepper hair!

So funny though that he and Rande (with an e) are the biggest guesses. 

Sorry, ain't buying it.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 21 Jun 2014, 23:22

LornaDoone wrote:Well nothing like stacking the deck of comments by using a picture of a guy with salt and pepper hair!

So funny though that he and Rande (with an e) are the biggest guesses. 

Sorry, ain't buying it.
DITO
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 22 Jun 2014, 00:35

If George were into men (he's not), Rande With an E wouldn't be his type. I think he'd be more likely to go for an athletic, exotic type. Like a Brazilian soccer player or something. Rande With an E looks like the old whitebread frat boy who never really moved off campus.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sun 22 Jun 2014, 01:19

Way2Old4Dis wrote:If George were into men (he's not), Rande With an E wouldn't be his type. I think he'd be more likely to go for an athletic, exotic type. Like a Brazilian soccer player or something. Rande With an E looks like the old whitebread frat boy who never really moved off campus.
 Waldo Sanchez is athletic type  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 22 Jun 2014, 01:22

I've got really good friends that I spend a lot of time with.  They are women. I have absolutely no desire to get into any of their pants.

Why is it so difficult to think the same about George?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 22 Jun 2014, 02:39

Angie30 wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:If George were into men (he's not), Rande With an E wouldn't be his type. I think he'd be more likely to go for an athletic, exotic type. Like a Brazilian soccer player or something. Rande With an E looks like the old whitebread frat boy who never really moved off campus.
 Waldo Sanchez is athletic type  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

A comment meant as an insult, followed by a string of smiley faces, is no less mean-spirited.

Here's a suggestion: when it comes to this particular subject, allow yourself an unexpressed thought.

It's long past tiresome.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Fri 27 Jun 2014, 09:42

Revealed at gossip columnist's Lainey  "Lainey Gossip's 9th Annual Smut Soiree" - decide for yourself if you believe anything from a gossip writer.

Clooney has finally grown up….

You want to talk theories about why George decided to get married? I don’t know, you all think he his going to run for office one day?” asked Lainey. “If he’s planning on running for office, he’s going to have to accept all those one-night stands resurfacing… a lawyer is not going to bury that for him.” 

“I think he might actually be in love, what about that? That George Clooney may have actually fallen in love?” she continued. “So I don’t think he’s going to run for office… I think he’s happy having been famous all this time, so I personally will rule that theory out.” 

"Two weeks after he got engaged, he texted pictures of the ring to his closest friends, like his posse, the ones who are not famous,” she adds.

Clooney’s also kind, remembers your name and is welcoming… plus really good to his friends.

“About six months ago, George Clooney told these five or six of these guys that they have to come back to his house,” said Lainey. “They come over, he has dinner all ready for them, then he brings them into his smoking room, gives this long speech and says, ‘you guys have been with me through everything, when I wasn’t famous, when I became famous… I want you to know how much you mean to me, I want you to know that I would never have been able to do it without you. Time is short, I don’t know what will happen tomorrow, so this is my gift to you.’ Every one of them opened up a briefcase and inside was $500,000 each. That was three months before he met Amal, and according to two of those guys, who told their close friends, he and Amal are legit.”
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:57

Georgie is an emo ol' boy. And so sentimental. Love2

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:06

Bizarre, I can't actually find this story.  Are you sure it was Lainey, she has a page "Lainey Gossip's 9th Annual Smut Soiree" it's just full of plugs for make-up, shampoo and H&M.

JD68 can you confirm where this is from?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jun 2014, 15:51

Yes...it's a lovely story....but we need a link please ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 27 Jun 2014, 17:33

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!

Nothing says "lifelong, unconditional friendship" like cold, hard cash and IRS problems all around.

George Clooney gave each of his friends -- all of whom are doing okay for themselves -- a briefcase filled with half a million dollars because they like him for who he is.

Oh, my God, that's painfully ridiculous. But funny as hell.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 27 Jun 2014, 17:46

OK I found the link here it is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You have to scroll down it is in the middle the whole text jd68 posted above
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 27 Jun 2014, 18:49

Way2Old4Dis wrote:HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!

Nothing says "lifelong, unconditional friendship" like cold, hard cash and IRS problems all around.

George Clooney gave each of his friends -- all of whom are doing okay for themselves -- a briefcase filled with half a million dollars because they like him for who he is.

Oh, my God, that's painfully ridiculous. But funny as hell.
 Yeah Right   Laughed so hard, had to put on a new pair of Depends!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 27 Jun 2014, 18:56

Well am not laughing, am mad am not one of his friends!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 27 Jun 2014, 22:24

screams pay off to me, i actually dont like this
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catie Fri 27 Jun 2014, 22:37

"Two weeks after he got married, he texted pictures of the ring to his closest friends, like his posse, the ones who are not famous,” she adds.

That is what it states on the link Nicky80 posted.
Catie
Catie
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jun 2014, 22:56

Why would it be a "payoff" and for what ?  confused 

It seems to me that it's no different to you or I wanting to give a gift to a long term loyal friend as a way of showing appreciation for that friendship.
Some people like to do that, while others don't.
I can't see anything wrong with the story.

The only difference is the value of George's gift, which is probably "peanuts" to him anyway. Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Jun 2014, 22:58

Catie wrote:"Two weeks after he got married, he texted pictures of the ring to his closest friends, like his posse, the ones who are not famous,” she adds.

That is what it states on the link Nicky80 posted.

It's obviously a typo.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 27 Jun 2014, 23:41

Sure. It makes sense to give away three million dollars in cash to people who don't need it, when you've held a raffle to raise money for your pet cause, you're about to get married in a presumably lavish ceremony, and probably buying an estate in the UK. Totally responsible and in character. George probably got rich by giving away small fortunes in briefcases to guys in his smoking room.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:01

This story doesn't make any sense. Why would you give so much money to your friends? If he had a friend who was in financial difficulty and he wanted to help him out or if he was dying and giving it to them in his will. But 6 briefcases filled with money, that sounds like the maffia to me.....
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 28 Jun 2014, 00:44

Sorry Joanna maybe payoff was a bit harsh.

to me i would be insulted if anyone gave me that money like that, no matter how good a friend they were, i fend for myself and dont need anything from anyone else but more importantly i actually dont believe the story, i mean its Lainey, when is she ever right.
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 01:20

That woman does like to hear herself talk. I think it's garbage. If he gave them something cool (like when he got all the boys Indian motorcycles) that I might believe, briefcases full of cash? Not so much.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 28 Jun 2014, 01:27

re:  pre nup,  i agree with way2old4dis, a prenup if you have ANY assets at all is necessity but a prenup also can help people sort their ideas about money as a couple.  IMHO could bring out possible issues just discussing it. 

to me a prenup is legal protection BOTH sides.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 28 Jun 2014, 03:18

iamnoone wrote:re:  pre nup,  i agree with way2old4dis, a prenup if you have ANY assets at all is necessity but a prenup also can help people sort their ideas about money as a couple.  IMHO could bring out possible issues just discussing it. 

to me a prenup is legal protection BOTH sides.
A prenup is really all that full-proof, you need to have a trust set up prior to the marriage to have a chance of it holding up in court.

As far as the Lainey story if true;
   could be he wants to thank them (nothing wrong in that) for being there for him, as he doesn't know how this marriage is going to end up.
   or he isn't going to be able to see them like before (living in London.).

Either way their relationship is going to sadly change change.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 28 Jun 2014, 04:28

I'm sure that with George being single and without children all this time, and having a thriving business, and supporting charitable causes, he's been advised well on the best ways to protect his wealth. I'd bet all of his houses are actually owned by one trust, and his separate incomes go into others. He's a smart businessman, and he hires good people to protect his interests.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 28 Jun 2014, 05:04

Maybe it was cash for them to keep in case he ever needs to get out of jail and his money is frozen. brahahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 28 Jun 2014, 11:36

Funny Lorna:)

This is not a blind item but Daily Mail has an article on Julian Assange being a modell in the London Fashion Show in September.He is going to be wearing Ben Westwood outfits and the fashion show is held inside the embassy. I never stop being amazed.....

According to DM Julian has costed the British taxpayers 6 million pounds. That is a ridiculous sum of money that could have been used for better things.

George and Amal are invited to the show. Doesn't say if they are going to come or when in September.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next