George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening 9.1.17

3 posters

Go down

GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 Empty GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening 9.1.17

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Jan 2017, 19:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 Empty Re: GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening 9.1.17

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 Jan 2017, 08:52

GEORGE CLOONEY TALKS TO GQ ABOUT OBAMA, SUITS AND SYRIA
The actor, director and founder of the Clooney Foundation for Justice on his personal highlight of Obama's presidency, what he wears when he wants to feel confident and the one Netflix film you should watch tonight

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Photography by Dave Benett

BECKY LUCAS
Tuesday 10 January 2017

In London to put his artistic and Google-ranking clout behind the superb and stunning Netflix documentary The White Helmets, George Clooney stopped to chat to GQ.
[/size]

George Clooney on Obama

Two days after attending Barack Obama’s farewell celebration at The White House, Clooney shared his most touching memory of his time in office. “The idea that the President of the United States can show up in South Carolina after nine people in a church had been shot and sing ‘Amazing Grace’, the way he sang ‘Amazing Grace’, was one of the most moving things I've ever seen in my life. I couldn't imagine any other president in the world, in our history, doing that.” In a sideways swipe at President-elect Donald Trump and certain recent tweets, he continued. “He moved us, and those family members, by not retaliating and keeping the city calm. It was such a moving moment that I'll always remember that.”

[size=34]"Obama moved us, and those family members, by not retaliating"[/size]

George Clooney on shoes

“Well, I always wear shoes now,” Clooney stated po-faced, when asked what he turns to, style-wise, whenever he needs to feel particularly confident. “I find if you go out without shoes, it’s just not pleasant. Especially in London when it’s raining.” More seriously, he continued, “Generally, I like a suit. You can’t go wrong with a suit.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photography by Dave Benett

George Clooney on Syria

“The important thing is to get yourself informed: there are lots of ways to do that nowadays,” he said, when asked how GQ readers can make any difference in the lives of Syrians, such as those featured in The White Helmets. “Whatever that is: if it's watching a documentary, if it's looking it up, if it's understanding that what's going on involves real human beings, that they're not other people or numbers. Once you see that and understand that – you’ll find you treat everybody differently. I think that's important. Anything you can do to [reach that feeling] is helpful. It's going to take a lot of humanity to fix this inhumanity.”

George Clooney on the Netflix documentary you must watch tonight

The reason Clooney was in London was to present The White Helmets, a Netflix documentary directed by previously Oscar-nominated British filmmaker Orlando von Einsiedel, featuring footage shot inside Syria last year. The film follows a group of young volunteers as they arrive first on the scene after air strikes to rescue victims, with shocking scenes showing numerous young children and even a week-old baby being pulled from the rubble.

“If you look on the internet, you think that the world is filled with hate,” Clooney said as he introduced the film. “It all just seems terrible. And the reality is, the vast majority of human beings are kind and good. They want what’s best for themselves and their children and their family, but they also want what’s best for their neighbours, and for people that know them. What is extraordinary is these people put on these white helmets and run toward violence while everyone else is running away from it. Where there is no other structure or society, they are there to protect. And they risk their lives to do it. First and foremost they are heroes."

George Clooney on his upcoming film adaptation of The White Helmets
“The reality is, films are very different to docs. We have to find someone to write it, there's got to be a story. We're working on that now. We just got the rights a couple of weeks ago, give me a chance!”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening  9.1.17 Empty Re: GQ wide ranging interview with George at White Helmets screening 9.1.17

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 Jan 2017, 08:55

Ooh, Melbert will be happy: all seven of his chesthairs are on display in that picture!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:55

Love3 Give Flowers Hug1    Superdupercool Cheerleader Wheee!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down