George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican'

+13
What Would He Say
it's me
Way2Old4Dis
Sevens
Fingersandtoes
amaretti
Alisonfan
annemarie
ladybugcngc
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
carolhathaway
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican'

Post by What Would He Say Thu 06 Oct 2016, 20:17

party animal - not! wrote:Way2, yep, see what you mean and totally respect your knowledge on this.

As someone who knows a bit about PR, this isn't going to do the film any harm in terms of advanced publicity either - or Casamigos for that matter! 

I stumble here, in the last few years my eyes have seen too much.....

Tell me....because I am scared to ask anyone I know....What is the difference between PR and Propaganda.....

Before the internet, before reality we knew....now I'm not so sure anymore.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican'

Post by What Would He Say Thu 06 Oct 2016, 20:33

annemarie wrote:

We see what we want to see .

Thank you....And you must too....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 06 Oct 2016, 20:42

it's me wrote:George the Besotted  ?  facepalm

Amazingly yes....whether a business deal or a love match one can be equally besotted....

Ask any CEO.... Your baby is your baby no matter what....win or lose......

A relationship with a business is exactly the same as a love story....you plan for the future and project it in your mind... you have dreams.....Sometimes just like in relationships businesses fail....and the end is no different....It's not easy, it's just as personal....

Either way....It's tuff......

I'll add that mashing relationships up with his business....like on this thread (set visit, press etc;) and many over the years.....must make everything a bit harder......Double tuff......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Oct 2016, 21:52

annemarie wrote:That is your interpretation, I think he is just happy and showing it. for a long time we have wanted to see George in love. Well, we are seeing him as in love as he can be. 

I don't see anything immature about how he acts, he is asked a question and he answers. If you asked my husband about me he would tell you in I guess what you would find a immature way how wonderful I am and how lucky he is to have me.
That is after 32 years together. And he tells this to any one heck they don't have to ask lol. But that is love if you feel it you show it and those who are comfortable talk about it. There are all types of love quiet or loud and proud nothing is wrong with either.

Her going to the set with him was nothing new and certainly not inappropriate, they are about to be apart as she is due in the Hague. I think anytime they can spend together they do. George has said they make their schedule so they can be together as much as possible.

Amal is one very lucky woman to be loved the way she is by her husband , I think you would have to experience it to understand it.

annemarie you have said it so well. I couldn't agree with you more.

Everyone is different in how they show their love and affection for one another. There are no rules about how you should be affectionate with your significant other in public. There is no age limit either on what's acceptable physical affection. I have seen old couples holding hands on the street. I've seen them physically affectionate. Not too many but some and I can say it's incredibly sweet at their elderly age to still feel that kind of closeness with each other. It probably turns off some LOL .... but too bad I say.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 06 Oct 2016, 22:05

It's interesting to see that George is still wearing his Casamigos t shirt, well worn jeans and well worn shoes, to work !

He's obviously very comfortable dressed that way.
 I like it.
Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Oct 2016, 22:43

Joanna - Given a choice I don't think he'd ever wear anything else! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 06 Oct 2016, 22:55

Joanna wrote:It's interesting to see that George is still wearing his Casamigos t shirt, well worn jeans and well worn shoes, to work !

I like it.
Sofa bounce

As always Joanna it's great to hear from you!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Oct 2016, 23:30

What would he say, here's the definition of propoganda

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So definitely not PR!

Of course you could take a completely cynical view of 'George and Amal on the Surbicon set'......

It could be part of a marketing strategy for #Surbicon #Casamigos #Monse, a #yummy apple brand and an #animal adoption sanctuary!

Jo!! How are you?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 06 Oct 2016, 23:47

Marketing too much businesses.Too much work work work.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 07 Oct 2016, 01:04

Heart warming statements George made regarding the love of his life.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Oct 2016, 05:47

Exploded
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 07 Oct 2016, 17:21

it's me - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for the laugh! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 07 Oct 2016, 17:30

Could we get back on the topic?
Matt will show up for the Great Wall in the NYCC with my favorite Chinese director Zhang Yimou, so he won't be on the set for a couple of days. Plus, he will start the promotion for the Great Wall in China for its December 18th release date, assumingly the shooting of suburbicon should be finished then.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 07 Oct 2016, 21:09

Sevens - I get why you're annoyed, but the title of this thread is "Re: George and Amal on set of "Suburbicon". Don't we have a separate thread for the movie? We should.

This thread seems to be more for silly back-and-forth about their relationship (about which none of us know anything but what we read in the papers!)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 09 Oct 2016, 14:07

Joanna wrote:It's interesting to see that George is still wearing his Casamigos t shirt, well worn jeans and well worn shoes, to work !

I like it.
Sofa bounce

Great to see you Jo....George's "lucky pants Wink " worked....It got you posting again....Give FlowersGive FlowersGive Flowers
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 09 Oct 2016, 14:13

Lucky pants ?

Why ? Laughing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 09 Oct 2016, 15:19

Lucky pants...the pants you wear again and again because they are comfy and make you feel lucky...

OR the pants you go out in...but may not come back in....that's another story my dear IM.....EmbarassedI love you
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 09 Oct 2016, 16:11

Oh
Even more interesting Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 09 Oct 2016, 16:57

lol
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 19:04

If George Clooney is on the set working today, please have the paramedic on stand by.  I just placed him on a write in vote as Mike Huckabee's VP.  Don't worry he will be just fine.  He will be a great VP!!!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 10 Oct 2016, 19:10

Ladybug,
didn't Huckabee resign as presidential candidate?
He stands for about everything George critisizes, as I remember...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 10 Oct 2016, 19:27

wait

VP is?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 19:45

Has anyone checked on George Clooney?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on set of 'Suburbican' - Page 2 Empty ladybugcngc

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 19:49

it's me wrote:wait

VP is?
Don't you think George Clooney will be a great compliment to Mike Huckabee?  Next President George Clooney.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 20:27

carolhathaway wrote:Ladybug,
didn't Huckabee resign as presidential candidate?
He stands for about everything George critisizes, as I remember...
Mike Huckabee never got the press; Big Business who is actually running our country does not want him to be President.  Mike Huckabee is a Social Conservative; however he has great economic solutions.  He is the former Gov. of Arkansas he has great political experience. He is more than competent in foreign affairs.  Big Business will NEVER be able to run Mike Huckabee like they have ran the Bush and Obama Administrations.   I think George Clooney is a great compliment because he has National and International presence, business savvy, and genuine compassion regarding life.

I think the gap between the 1% holding wealth globally and the 99% whom are (mostly) just making ends meet is the biggest concern we face nationally and abroad.  Nationally we have to make basic needs affordable to all, housing, food, utilities, “good” health care etc.  We as a country have to understand those in Congress represent the people, not Big Business. Internationally, we have to understand why the conflicts exist and who the players are, before we can find a viable solution.  
Like Mike Huckabee, I’m a social conservative.  I think George Clooney and Mike Huckabee can find common ground that can benefit ALL.  I think they can agree to disagree on social issues they may disagree on.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 10 Oct 2016, 20:30

it's me, VP = Vice President - the second-in-command - the man who takes over as President if something happens to the President - like he gets too sick to serve, or he dies.

ladybug - That's all well and good, but I think you'll find that George is a good deal more of a 1%er than he used to be - albeit one with more of a social conscience than many. I think he would consider politics a downward career move.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 20:35

LizzyNY wrote:it's me, VP = Vice President - the second-in-command - the man who takes over as President if something happens to the President - like he gets too sick to serve, or he dies.
Thanks Lizzy!!!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 20:56

LizzyNY wrote:it's me, VP = Vice President - the second-in-command - the man who takes over as President if something happens to the President - like he gets too sick to serve, or he dies.

ladybug - That's all well and good, but I think you'll find that George is a good deal more of a 1%er than he used to be - albeit one with more of a social conscience than many. I think he would consider politics a downward career move.

I agree with you.  Even though he is a part of the 1%, he has a big enough heart to carry a Nation.  In this instance I don't see the VP as a step down, I see it as a step in the upward direction.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 10 Oct 2016, 21:05

No way
Please !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 22:03

it's me wrote:No way
Please !
 It's me, why?  George Clooney is a perfect VPselection.  I think he would be more than happy to take on the position of VP.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 10 Oct 2016, 22:36

I do not think George could "agree to disagree" with Huckabee on social issues. George fought for marriage equality and stated that it is the civil rights issue of our times.  How could he turn his back on that and how could Huckabee voters embrace George?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 10 Oct 2016, 22:43

No way
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 10 Oct 2016, 23:15

It's me, you sound like a man with a strong opinion.  It's really not up to you it's up to George Clooney and the voters.  The voters have not spoken and we will have to wait and see how George Clooney feels about this.  Clooney said he would never get married.  We just never know.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 10 Oct 2016, 23:58

Ladybug,
Huckabee declines homosexuality and same-sex marriage - George supports that.
Huckabee declines stronger laws about weapons - George supports that.
Huckabee fights against abortion - George supports that.
Huckabee fights for creationism to be taught at school - I see no possibility George agrees on that.
Huckabee fights for the right of Jews to live in Palestine because it's written down in the bible - do you really think that George agrees on that?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 11 Oct 2016, 00:45

Ladybug, to be fair George said in an interview he never should have said he would never get married. It was a dumb statement. So , I don't see George ever running for office. I don't see him putting his family through the nonsense that politics bring about. Especially since he saw first hand what is father went through when he ran for office.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 11 Oct 2016, 01:03

Ladybug - Out of all the possible running mates out there, why did you choose Huckabee? Are you a big Huckabee fan? It sounds like it. What makes you think he and George could be a good fit?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 11 Oct 2016, 01:06

carolhathaway wrote:Ladybug,
Huckabee declines homosexuality and same-sex marriage - George supports that.
Huckabee declines stronger laws about weapons - George supports that.
Huckabee fights against abortion - George supports that.
Huckabee fights for creationism to be taught at school - I see no possibility George agrees on that.
Huckabee fights for the right of Jews to live in Palestine because it's written down in the bible - do you really think that George agrees on that?
Long story short, believe it or not Social Conservatives and Liberals can agree to disagree and work together on things they agree on.  I agree with Huckabee's most of the things you have written.  Creation is something that should be taught in a Bible based home.  I have followed and loved George Clooney over nine years.  To be honest I think the two could work well together to resolve major problems we face nationally and abroad.  Will that ever happen, according to "it's me" no way (how would "its me" know).  

On Palestine, if I understand correctly the international court decided on the right of Jews to live in Palestine, not the Church.  If I know George Clooney like I think I do, he would want Jews and Palestinians to just get along.

Carol the Nazi party had in identifiable leader with a clear agenda and identifiable followers.  Those who opposed were also identifiable.  What we face today are people who hide in plain sight and lay in wait to carry out tremendous murderous acts. We have the 1% wealthy who believe they have the RIGHT to control global wealth by any means necessary.  We need someone in Leadership that will stand with the 99% (whom have minimal resources to oppose the 1%). Currently we are faced with those who believe they have the "right" to kill those who they perceive to unjust, we need someone in Leadership who can hold a record that withstands that ideology.  Currently we do not.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 11 Oct 2016, 01:07

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - Out of all the possible running mates out there, why did you choose Huckabee? Are you a big Huckabee fan? It sounds like it. What makes you think he and George could be a good fit?
[size=13]Mike Huckabee never got the press; Big Business who is actually running our country does not want him to be President.  Mike Huckabee is a Social Conservative; however he has great economic solutions.  He is the former Gov. of Arkansas he has great political experience. He is more than competent in foreign affairs.  Big Business will NEVER be able to run Mike Huckabee like they have ran the Bush and Obama Administrations.   I think George Clooney is a great compliment because he has National and International presence, business savvy, and genuine compassion regarding life. 

I think the gap between the 1% holding wealth globally and the 99% whom are (mostly) just making ends meet is the biggest concern we face nationally and abroad.  Nationally we have to make basic needs affordable to all, housing, food, utilities, “good” health care etc.  We as a country have to understand those in Congress represent the people, not Big Business. Internationally, we have to understand why the conflicts exist and who the players are, before we can find a viable solution.  
Like Mike Huckabee, I’m a social conservative.  I think George Clooney and Mike Huckabee can find common ground that can benefit ALL.  I think they can agree to disagree on social issues they may disagree on.
[/size]

ladybugcngcClooneyfan

Clooney-liciousness : 8

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 11 Oct 2016, 01:10

We are WAY off topic here.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 11 Oct 2016, 01:28

Mel, you're right, as usual! This probably belongs in the "serious stuff" thread or "chit chat". Sorry. Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 11 Oct 2016, 02:57

Is there a way to move the conversation to another thread.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 11 Oct 2016, 07:33

Found a piece of official logo image and synopsis of the film on distributor Bloom's site:
IN PRE-PRODUCTION  Welcome to sunny Suburbicon! A suburban community of smiling young families nestled in the heart of Middle America. With its affordable homes and manicured lawns, this is 1957's postcard answer to the American dream.  Despite being pillars of the Suburbicon Community, the Lodge family's lives are turned upside down when a home invasion gone wrong is responsible for the shocking death of little Nicky Lodge's mother. An unlikely and highly suspicious series of events consumes the Lodge household as the family descends deeper into a web of betrayal, adultery and blackmail. Following his mother's death, young Nicky attempts to make sense of the strange and selfish machinations of the adults that surround him. This curiosity threatens his father's attempts at a new family order.  All the while, the chaos unravelling inside the Lodge family home goes unnoticed as the town works itself into a riotous mob in response to the first black family moving into the home right next door...
It's interesting that George finally gets his credits for rewriting the script and I wonder if the black family part is his idea...cause by reading that screenplay review on Scriptshadow, no mention of that element previously... Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 11 Oct 2016, 08:07

Alright, Black Bear Piscs page also confirms that:
SUBURBICON 
U.S. DISTRIBUTOR Paramount Pictures  
DIRECTOR George Clooney  
WRITER Joel Coen & Ethan Coen and George Clooney & Grant Heslov.  
CAST Matt Damon, Julianne Moore, Josh Brolin, Oscar Isaac  
SYNOPSIS In the quiet family town of SUBURBICON, the best and worst of humanity is hilariously reflected through the deeds of seemingly ordinary people. When a home invasion turns deadly, a picture perfect family turns to blackmail, revenge, and betrayal.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 11 Oct 2016, 12:53

Love the colour of the writing alien
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 11 Oct 2016, 13:54

The logo image is reminiscent of 1950s stylized script found in print media, etc. at that time ...

The addition of the black family to the script IS interesting. Yea I wonder if this was George's contribution to the story.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 11 Oct 2016, 13:59

Sevens - I have to think that the black/white element of the story had to have been there from pretty early on. Race relations were a complex issue at the time, just as they are today, so I hope they didn't just throw it in at the last minute to seem more inclusive. It's an issue that deserves to be treated thoughtfully and honestly, which IMO is hard to do in a comedy.

I hope this doesn't turn into another "Hail Caesar" where they throw in every period detail but the kitchen sink and end up with something where the parts are greater than the whole.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 11 Oct 2016, 17:23

You know why I thought it was George who changed the race of that family? Cause the Coens have never written any major black roles in their scripts over 30 years!!! Which was so obvious that people didn't even try to ask. The Coens responded to this during the Hail, Caesar press, to me it's possible that George wants to add some personal marks on this one and make people believe he's determined to fulfill his advocations on more diversity in lead roles. Joel Silver mentioned Geoge "changed an important element of it" and "added a layer to it that really makes it so current, so effective, so topical, and so great."
Thus I belive here's where the changes are, a fact that makes me both excited and worried. Fingercrossed for this to be an effective combination. Very Happy
LOOK AT THE CAST LIST, there're only two black actors who, I believe, would play father and son in that black family.
PS: I'm feeling like a famale Holmes after having inferred so much information out of a syposis! cheers love1
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 11 Oct 2016, 17:44

Very interesting .                  Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 11 Oct 2016, 18:04

Sevens I like the way you think! Your take sounds quite possible. We will have to wait and see ...

This added layer to the plot plays into our discussion a few months ago about how George was casting this movie with no diverse actors. We argued about how in the 1950s middle class neighborhoods were not integrated at the time. How would he include ethic characters? So the storyline, if correct, of a black family moving into a white neighborhood causing a ruckus within the community - that is realistic and timely for the 50s.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 11 Oct 2016, 18:31

That's really an interesting move!
Sevens, I guess you're right about that. Maybe somebody will confirm or deny it at the PR for the movie's release...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2