George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’

+4
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
it's me
Sevens
8 posters

Go down

New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ Empty New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’

Post by Sevens Tue 04 Oct 2016, 14:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the video: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ Empty Re: New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’

Post by it's me Tue 04 Oct 2016, 17:20

Nice to see those clips again
THANKS
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ Empty Re: New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’

Post by Donnamarie Tue 04 Oct 2016, 17:54

Ashton just confirms why this is by far my favorite George movie. George's depiction of Clayton was spot on.
His work in Money Monster can't come close to the outstanding performance he gave in Clayton. Like The American I think George shines in these types of roles as a man struggling with his soul. Just look at those eyes .....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 04 Oct 2016, 20:12

Sevens - Thanks for this. I would have thought the themes of the film were a bit more accessible than Ashton did, but his analysis of the film and of George's performance are spot-on. One of my favorites and one of George's best.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 04 Oct 2016, 22:09

Donnamarie wrote:Ashton just confirms why this is by far my favorite George movie.  George's depiction of Clayton was spot on.  
His work in Money Monster can't come close to the outstanding performance he gave in Clayton.  Like The American I think George shines in these types of roles as a man struggling with his soul.  Just look at those eyes .....
Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
Agree with everything you said, Donna!

I didn't get it when I first watched 'Michael Clayton', had to see it again on DVD and then the non synchronized original version. And I just love 'The American', I think 'Redemption' is the headline on both movies.

What do you think about 'Solaris'? I think it's great, my husband hates it. I don't know if that's because he's a SiFi fan and I'm not.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 04 Oct 2016, 22:40

Carolhathaway - What's your husband's problem with "Solaris"? Maybe there isn't enough action for him? I'm a sci-fi fan too and I liked it, although I wouldn't put it up there in my top 3.

I think "Out of Sight" is my ultimate favorite - with "Michael Clayton", "The Descendants, "Up In The Air" coming in close behind - Oh!, and don't forget "FDTD" which is so deliciously twisted! The more I think about it, I don't think there's a George movie that I don't like. Hell, I even like parts of "Batman"! Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 05 Oct 2016, 06:55

Lizzy,
I never finished 'Batman', stopped watching it after about 20 minutes. Arnie just can't act, and this story didn't work for me...

I love most of George's movies, and I can't tell you why my husband doesn't like 'Solaris'. He loves Asimov, so maybe doesn't like how this movie was made from his book...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 05 Oct 2016, 13:45

I'm not a sci-fi fan either. I liked Solaris. Just not one of my favorites. It was the love story aspect (and honestly George's backside) that appealed to me. It was an interesting film but if the same love story angle had played out against a different backdrop I might have enjoyed it more.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Oct 2016, 18:37

Well, I have to agree that the love story aspect - especially George's backside- didn't hurt Solaris. Any movie where he takes off his clothes (rare, I know) is worth watching.

Carolhathaway - I totally agree about Batman. The script was awful and the acting was worse - except for some of George's scenes as Bruce Wayne. Even so, I've probably "seen" it 10 times - usually, if it's on, I put it on as background noise while I do other things and stop to watch from time to time. I don't remember the last time I sat down and actually watched it from beginning to end.  scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 05 Oct 2016, 18:49

I do the same . I love hearing Batman"s voice and remember the  Onstar  ( sp) commercial .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 05 Oct 2016, 20:41

'Michael Clayton' is one of the best-written screenplays ever. The movie is one of my favorites, and I do think it's his best film performance.

Whenever I look for dramatic inspiration, I read either 'Michael Clayton' or 'Good Night, and Good Luck.' I don't think it's happenstance that they're both George at his best.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

New Video Essay Explores The Layered Brilliance Of ‘Michael Clayton’ Empty ladybugcngc

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 05 Oct 2016, 21:21

amaretti wrote:I do the same . I love hearing Batman"s voice and remember the  Onstar  ( sp) commercial .

I loved hearing his voice also!!!  I also George is the BEST Bruce Wayne ever!!!  Embarassed
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 05 Oct 2016, 22:38

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 05 Oct 2016, 23:04

Way2Old - Agreed. The screenplay for "Michael Clayton" is brilliant and George is great, but he wasn't alone. There isn't a bad performance in the film. Everyone in the cast gives a stellar performance. IMO there should have been Oscars all round for this one.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down