George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016

+4
melbert
Donnamarie
PigPen
party animal - not!
8 posters

Go down

Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 Empty Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016

Post by party animal - not! Thu 26 May 2016, 12:33

George will be directing in LA in the autumn, so.............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 Empty Re: Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016

Post by PigPen Thu 02 Jun 2016, 14:52

Amal Clooney to headline Women World Changers Summit in Sydney
June 2, 2016 1:42am
Jonathon MoranChief Entertainment WriterThe Daily Telegraph

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Amal Clooney will headline the Women World Changers Summit at Sydney’s The Star.

PUNTERS are being offered face time with Amal Clooney at a price tag of $2200.

The human rights lawyer wife of Hollywood leading man George Clooney will headline the Women World Changers Summit at Sydney’s The Star on October 12.

The conference is backed by Karen Beattie, who brought George Clooney to Australia for a different conference five years ago.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]George Clooney appeared at a different conference five years ago but this time his wife Amal Clooney will headline the event.
“This premier summit, designed to drive a dialogue focused on the importance for greater workplace diversity and equality, features a line-up of speakers never seen before on one stage,” a press statement issued to Confidential read.

At $22,000 for a table of 10, the lawyer will also attend the conference in Melbourne.

A VIP ticket includes a meet and greet and photograph with Clooney as well as a two course meal, reserved seating, refreshments and conference material.cb1f3c6be3509501ddd9d316503

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016 Empty Re: Amal speaking engagements in the autumn 2016

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Jun 2016, 18:12

Thanks PigPen.  Looks like her fall calendar is filling up fast ....

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 18:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 04 Jun 2016, 18:57

I only copied the Amal part

Amal Clooney, Reese Witherspoon and Roxy Jacenko join the lucrative seminar scene
Date June 4, 2016 - 11:45PM                            

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jenna Clarke

Fashion Editor

THE GOSS
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amal Clooney and her husband George leave their meeting with the Pope in Vatican City last week. Photo: Franco Origlia

Since when did seminars become the new black? Thanks to some glossy-haired famous folk, talking tours are the new arena shows.
It's all Oprah's fault. Since her An Evening With Oprah roadshow last year, every celebrity with a modicum of life experience has now decided to head down under to "gift" us a sermon.
Last week it was announced Amal Clooney, fierce defender of human rights and equality, is coming to lunch. Guests who wish to share some stale sandwiches with her can do so for $2220.
She will headline the Women World Changers summit in Melbourne and Sydney in October, an event aimed at focusing on the importance of diversity and equality in the workplace.

"Don't miss this amazing opportunity to meet Amal Clooney and have your individual photograph taken with her," screamed the flyer.
While equality in the workplace is of paramount importance, so to is fiscal responsibility, especially for women. Do we really need to spend more than our average weekly wage to hear from a woman, who lives it up in Cannes while most of the world eats out of a can, reinforce the gender pay gap?
Clooney isn't the only member of the One Per Cent using the Kardashian money-milking method, where fans usually have to shell out a fee, albeit a significantly smaller one, to meet, greet and get a selfie with the famous-for-being-famous family. Sure, they do it under the guise of capitalism not charity but at least they are transparent about what these appearance gigs and dining experiences are, money-spinners. If Shane Warne's philanthropic journey has taught us anything it's that some of those funds raised can wind up being allocated to admin ahead of altruism.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 04 Jun 2016, 21:08

Jenna Clarke is right about these seminars really just being a way for the rich to get even richer. Since Amal's road to fame and fortune is no longer available to the rest of us I see no reason to fatten her wallet just to take a picture with her.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 04 Jun 2016, 21:23

Well, that's how these events work. It's the same about going to a concert instead of watching it on DVD or TV, going to a football stadium instead of watching it on TV. People pay high amounts of money to act in a daily soap or use the chance to win in a lottery to meet a star. Last week there was a concert with a popular German singer near my hometown, and there was a chance to win a 'meet and greet' ahead by buying lottery tickets. And people bought dozens of them to get a higher chance.

But this article sounds as if Amal would just be there for lunch. I thought she was going to speak at this event? And does anyone know how much money she gets to be there?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 04 Jun 2016, 21:42

In the first place the women who will be paying can afford it and obviously want to be there . What will be spoken about is important to those who will be there. 
I'm pretty sure Amal doesn't set the prices for these events no one is being milked.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 04 Jun 2016, 22:17

The usual way these things work is that if there is a commercial opportunity (eg, signing autographs, taking pictures, personal meet-and-greet), then the star/speaker/personality gets a percentage of each photo fee or whatever, or a set fee for a period of time.

Now, the person could turn around and give that money back to the sponsoring organization, or to charity. Or s/he could just pocket it. 

Amal may not set the price, but she had to agree to her cut.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 04 Jun 2016, 22:24

Amal will headline and speak at the conference. Supposedly according to a spokesperson her presentation will focus on encouraging "women to push themselves forward to take on difficulties and challenging jobs in non-traditional careers".

The other keynote speaker will be a Kiwi lawyer Mai Chen, a constitutional and administrative law expert and a managing partner at a law firm I think in
New Zealand.

Amal's presentation will also include a Q&A session.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 05 Jun 2016, 13:03

Thanks Donna,
that's what I had in mind. But the article Melbert posted sounded as if she was just there to pose for selfies to make money for herself / the event, so I thought I had misunderstood that.

To be honest - nobody needs a celebrity to tell them about obvious facts like Leo DiCaprio jetting to New York  via private jet to talk at the UN about climate change, and if I had the chojce between an event with Kim Kardashian and another one with Kofi Annan, I know which one I would choose...
But I also don't understand why people watch shows like 'Dancing With The Stars'. On German TV there was a show last night where a woman who came to prominence in a model show with Heidi Klum married a singer - I wouldn't even think about watching that. But I guess there were enough people who did...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down