George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated'

+6
melbert
Had.e6
Donnamarie
annemarie
carolhathaway
party animal - not!
10 posters

Go down

George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' Empty George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated'

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 Apr 2016, 19:04

Here we go again..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

George Clooney: Hello! completely fabricated their exclusive interview with me

Magazine apologises and says piece - in which actor supposedly discusses his marriage - was bought from ‘respectable’ third party

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 Clooney with his wife, Amal, at the premiere of Hail, Caesar! in Berlin, February 2016. Photograph: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
Catherine Shoard

@catherineshoard

Friday 1 April 2016 18.21 BSTLast modified on Monday 4 April 201612.16 BST

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=George Clooney%3A Hello! completely fabricated their exclusive interview with me&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgu.com%2Fp%2F4t36c%2Fstw][/url]

• Share on Pinterest
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

[size]

Shares

Comments

Save for later

[size=16]The Dailies: The Guardian Film ShowGeorge Clooney shows Hello! the door and Sicario 2 greenlit – the Dailies podcast[/size]
The Guardian film team’s round-up of Monday’s movie news and reviews

Listen

George Clooney has said that Hello! magazine “completely fabricated” an interview with him which they billed as “exclusive”.
In a statement issued on Friday, the actor said, “I have not given an interview to Hello Magazine and the quotes attributed to me are not accurate.”
He continued: “In my experience, being misquoted is not unusual but to have an ‘exclusive interview’ completely fabricated is something new. And a very disturbing trend.”
Clooney pointed out that other outlets – he cited Vanity Fair, Marie Claire, The Sun and the Evening Standard – had lifted quotes from the piece and credited the magazine.
The article no longer appears on Hello!’s own website, but its footprint remains on search engines. Billed with the headline “George Clooney reveals wife Amal Clooney’s most attractive feature”, the stand-first suggests that “[i]n an exclusive interview with HELLO!” the actor discloses that he was most “impressed” by his spouse’s intelligence, rather than her sense of style.
A redirect from the article now takes the reader to Hello!’s homepage, which for some time lead with an April Fools Day special about Clooney’s top pranks, and now leads with statement in which the magazine expresses its “dismay” at Clooney’s denial and passes the blame to a third party, Famous, from whom it purchased the piece.
“HELLO! Magazine and the HELLO! Group are very dismayed by Mr George Clooney’s statement that an interview with him that was published by the HELLO! Group is not authentic,” the statement reads.

“The HELLO! Group bought the interview in good faith from a respectable independent agent, Famous, with whom it has dealt for many years and the agency and its writer were both credited at the end of the article in HELLO! Magazine as is customary. Purchase was on the unquestionable understanding that the interview and material were correct and accurate in all respects.”
They concluded by saying that the publication expresses “its deepest respect for both Mr Clooney and his wife, Amal, and its sincere commitment to respectable and accurate journalism”.

George Clooney interview: ‘Donald Trump is a xenophobic fascist’

Read more

Fuller extracts are still running on the digital versions of other publications. The quotes in question appear to concern how Clooney and his wife, a human rights’ lawyer, manage to balance their relationship with heavy workloads.
In 2014, Clooney rejected an apology by the Daily Mail concerning a story about his then-fiancée’s mother. The article claimed that Baria Alamuddin had “told half of Beirut” she opposed her daughter’s wedding on religious grounds. Clooney called the story false and irresponsible and denounced them for fabrication.
The newspaper issued an apology on behalf of its digital division, Mail Online,and removed the article from its website. But their action was rejected by the actor, who called the paper “the worst kind of tabloid”, accused it of a “cover-up” and of telling a “premeditated lie”.
The Guardian has contacted Hello! for further comment.[/size]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 22:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' Empty Re: George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated'

Post by carolhathaway Fri 01 Apr 2016, 20:08

I had read the article and thought thag it was a bit weird. George was quoted that they first met at a charity event which was in contrary to what he had said in the Charlie Rose interview. And he was also quoted that they stay  in contact via social media - I would describe Twitter, Facebook etc. as social medias, and it would be a toral change of George's opinions to be on social medias...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated' Empty Re: George denounces Hello article - 'completely fabricated'

Post by annemarie Fri 01 Apr 2016, 20:46

How can it be an exclusive if they didn't sit down and talk with him , that just makes no sense.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 01 Apr 2016, 21:32

Well Hello had me fooled.  Although I did question like carolhathaway did about the social media reference.  He doesn't use social media. But when the writer claimed that George sat down with him for the interview wearing an Armani suit I just assumed this was a legit interview. George was actually with the writer answering questions.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 21:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:11

So George's response to a non-story is making headlines:

Can't see Hello getting too many exclusives any time soon.

But they all know that anything he says has click factor..........

Oh, and now the BBC News website..........Hello have apologised...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 01 Apr 2016, 22:19

I thought the same Donna he sat for the interview.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Sat 02 Apr 2016, 00:20

it was a friendly fake interview and Amal was on the cover , - who is the writer ? maybe he thought he will get away with it but things went wrong when other magazines got excited about it . I think he is a nice guy .
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Sat 02 Apr 2016, 00:39

Oh, and now the BBC News website..........Hello have apologised...
UPDATED 
Hello Magazine said in a statement that the publication is “dismayed” by Clooney’s claims.
“Hello Magazine and the Hello Group are very dismayed by Mr. George Clooney’s statement that an interview with him that was published by the Hello Group is not authentic,” the statement reads. “The Hello Group bought the interview in good faith from a respectable independent agent, Famous, with whom it has dealt for many years and the agency and its writer were both credited at the end of the article in Hello Magazine as is customary. Purchase was on the unquestionable understanding that the interview and material were correct and accurate in all respects.
In the meantime, the Hello Group can only express its deepest respect for both Mr. Clooney and his wife, Amal, and its sincere commitment to respectable and accurate journalism.”
The magazine released a statement hours later after discovering that the interview was “culled together from a series of interviews that took place over a period of time.”
“Hello Group has established that the interview it bought from the Famous agency had, in fact, been culled together from a series of interviews that took place over a period of time, and many of the quotes attributed to Mr. Clooney were never made by him.
Hello Group bought the material in good faith from a trusted independent agent, who assured us it was an authentic one-to-one interview with Mr. Clooney, which we now accept was not the case. We are shocked and disappointed to discover that the representations that were made to the Hello Group at the time of purchase of the material were not, in fact, true.
We apologize unreservedly to Mr. Clooney and his wife Amal for any distress that publication of this piece may have caused them and further apologize for conveying the impression that he had given an exclusive interview to Hello.”
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 02 Apr 2016, 05:20

Well my dear George, so the whole article was fabricated?  In one (or more) articles that I read he actually said the statements were not true.  He obviously "forgot" that he said in quite a few spoken interviews that we have watched on these pages that they "have an agreement that they're never apart for more than a week at a time".  There were a few other quotes that we've heard him speak.  I understand his stating that he never sat down with Hello and gave them this exclusive interview, but I have a problem with him denying that he ever made any of those comments.  Decide what you're going to deny George, or better yet, re-watch your own interviews.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 02 Apr 2016, 15:58

Yes there were a few statements that George has said in other interviews that we know now were lifted by the writer to use in this story. But it's the claim that it was an "exclusive" and that the writer actually sat down with George which to me is the basis for George calling them out. And there was misinformation printed that did not come from George directly. I think George did the right thing in making a public statement against Hello! The magazine should be responsible for getting their facts straight.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Apr 2016, 21:06

Of course any media outlet should check their facts and be held responsible for any misinformation they put out there. But considering how innocuous this article is I'm surprised George even bothered. There have been a lot of unauthorized articles (ie. anything in the Enquirer and its ilk) that were much worse than this, that he totally ignored. I don't know why he thought this one merited a response. scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 02 Apr 2016, 21:51

I think because they said it was an exclusive interview, that was the problem that was a lie. The other papers print gossip they don't call it an exclusive like he sat down and talked to them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 02 Apr 2016, 23:00

I agree annemarie.  I think that was the main issue.
Most tabloids who fudge the truth claim "sources said" this, that or the other.  In the Hello case it was different.  George is being clear that he did not give an exclusive interview to their reporter.  Even if most of the comments were taken from different sources in which George was actually  quoted, on principle the Hello writer lied about her story.  Doesn't matter that it was a flattering story or not ...

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 02 Apr 2016, 23:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 03 Apr 2016, 02:30

melbert wrote:Well my dear George, so the whole article was fabricated?  In one (or more) articles that I read he actually said the statements were not true.  He obviously "forgot" that he said in quite a few spoken interviews that we have watched on these pages that they "have an agreement that they're never apart for more than a week at a time".  There were a few other quotes that we've heard him speak.  I understand his stating that he never sat down with Hello and gave them this exclusive interview, but I have a problem with him denying that he ever made any of those comments.  Decide what you're going to deny George, or better yet, re-watch your own interviews.

Those interviews in past time gone by.Now April 2016 George as of now no longer to stand by what he to say gone by.Now love gone.He no wants any more to per make it look real of today.Love long gone maybe?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 10 Apr 2016, 01:18

...and of course I missed the article.  rats!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 10 Apr 2016, 02:58

It strikes me as strange that such a non-story got -and is still getting - so much coverage. I can't help but wonder if there isn't more to it than just an unauthorized article. No idea what it could be, but it just seems this story is getting much more press than it warrants.Odd.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Apr 2016, 03:10

LornaDoone wrote:...and of course I missed the article.  rats!
If people would copy/paste the articles (like they've been told repeatedly to do) instead of just the link, we would have the articles.  Too many articles have changed or disappeared from the websites, so people who didn't read them immediately when the link was posted here, now cannot see it.  It certainly would be helpful for those of us who don't have access during the day at work and end up missing some interesting stuff.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilma Sun 10 Apr 2016, 09:04

Here is the article

Speaking from the heart about life with Amal

George Clooney tells of the rule that keeps the spark in their romance alive

Vilma
Vilma
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 10 Apr 2016, 13:46

Thank you Vilma for posting the article. The only place I ever saw this article posted was on Amal's style blog.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum