George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015

+3
annemarie
Surfing
Nicky80
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 Empty George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015

Post by Nicky80 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 21:00

Wonder if that will be in LA????

George Clooney Spending Wedding Anniversary At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial

George Clooney Is To Spend His First Wedding Anniversary Paying Tribute To His Late Friend Jerry Weintraub At The Producer's Upcoming Memorial Service.

The Hollywood veteran, who oversaw Clooney's Ocean's 11 films, died in July (15) aged 77, and on 27 September (15), Weintraub's closest friends and family will gather to remember the beloved moviemaker in a special ceremony.

Although Clooney and his human rights lawyer wife Amal will be celebrating the marriage milestone, one of the activities of the day will include attending Weintraub's memorial.

When asked what their big plans are for their anniversary, Clooney confessed to Entertainment Tonight, "Unfortunately, I have to speak at Jerry Weintraub's memorial," before joking, "This is his last producorial way of screwing me over, that on my anniversary, I have to go to his memorial."

Following the news of Weintraub's death, the Clooneys released a touching tribute to their friend in a statement which read: "In the coming days there will be tributes about our friend Jerry Weintraub. We'll laugh at his great stories, and applaud his accomplishments and in the years to come the stories and accomplishments will get better with age, just as Jerry would have wanted it. But not today. Today our friend died.

"To his family and friends, Amal and I send our love. And to those who didn't know him we send our deepest sympathy. You would have loved him."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 Empty Re: George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015

Post by Nicky80 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 17:07

thanks to frenchies

George with glasses???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
At tonight's memorial for Jerry Weintraub...George Clooney, Matt Damon, Billy Crystal & Paul Anka were among those remembering him with their talents. What a tribute to an extraordinary life.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 28 Sep 2015, 20:04; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015 Empty Re: George Clooney At Jerry Weintraub's Memorial 27 September 2015

Post by Nicky80 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 17:30

Sharon Stone, George Clooney, Billy Crystal Pay Tribute to Top Hollywood Producer in Star-Studded Memorial

Hollywood's elite gathered to pay tribute to the late producer Jerry Weintraub on Sunday night.

Sharon Stone, George Clooney, Matt Damon and Billy Crystal were among the bevy of attendees who arrived at Craig's restaurant in Los Angeles for a memorial dinner in honor of the late Hollywood mogul, who died in July. Among his prolific credits, Weintraub had produced Ocean's Thirteen, the Karate Kid remake and Behind the Candelabra.

Stone, who was one of the first to arrive, donned a formfitting black dress, her hair gently slicked back.

Other attendees included Frankie Valli, Elliott Gould and Tony Danza.

Once inside, the restaurant was transformed into an intimate setting with a cascade of white curtains and chandeliers.

Billy Crystal
FameFlynet
Linda Thompson, a longtime friend of Weintraub's (and an ex-wife of Caitlyn Jenner), posted an Instagram photo showing off the elegantly decorated restaurant.

"Celebrating the incredible life and legacy of my long time friend and unofficial "godfather" Jerry Weintraub. Beautiful memorial," she captioned the video.

Weintraub's initials were featured around the venue as guests mingled and dined at tables covered in white tablecloths.

Elliott Gould
FameFlynet
Napkins printed with some of Weintraub's famous words were also placed around the restaurant: "I'm a guy who shakes your hand and will never let you down. I have a code of honor and I don't lie." 

Later in the evening, some of Weintraub's closets friends and colleagues took the stage to share their memories of the talented producer.

Both Clooney and Damon – who worked with Weintraub on Ocean's Eleven – along with Crystal and Paul Anka spoke at the memorial.

"At tonight's memorial for Jerry Weintraub...George Clooney, Matt Damon, Billy Crystal & Paul Anka were among those remembering him with their talents. What a tribute to an extraordinary life," Thompson captioned a picture of the four men on stage.

The three-time Emmy winner and onetime head of United Artists studio died of a heart attack on July 6 at the age of 77.

Jerry Weintraub photographed in Burbank, California, in October 2014
Stefanie Keenan / Getty

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 17:32

Video but George is not in it

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Surfing Tue 29 Sep 2015, 13:11

So this was a dinner on September 27, 2015. George Clooney attended alone.... but with friends.  Other outlets are reporting it was a dinner and friends celebrated Jerry Weintraub's life until very late.  

Then the other press release about dinner at Sunset Towers on same day is probably just another fake story by publicity teams with agendas. No photos?  

So touching for all these people to commemorate their friend. 

As George said in the past, Jerry Weintraub's Ocean's trilogy paid the bills.  

You're right, Nicky, he wears reading glasses.  

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Sep 2015, 15:25

The memorial and dinner were at two different places . George spoke at the memorial which was at the Ray Dolby ballroom. That is the picture we see of him speaking.  

The dinner took place later in the evening at Craigs George was no doubt at dinner with Amal

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 11 Nov 2015, 12:17

For anybody who has the latest Vanity Fair (December 2015, Bill Murray on the front), there are photos in the Fairground section - heading Around the World, One Party at a Time (love it!) - there are photos of all those at the Memorial including George and Amal

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 13 Nov 2015, 23:47

Could you post those photos, PAN?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Nov 2015, 23:51

Have looked around, but only in magazine format at the mo I think....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 14 Nov 2015, 22:24

PAN,
please don't forget us poor europeans if you find them somewhere Surprised
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 14 Nov 2015, 22:29

It's in my (UK) December copy of Vanity Fair, Carol. On all good news stands I'm sure!

Bill Murray's on the front in his Very Murray Christmas gear. Hope you find one!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 14 Nov 2015, 22:35

Thanks PAN,
I thought you were talking about the US  Vanity Fair! So I'll try to get it in Germany. It's not so easy because I live in provincial backwater, and you usually find international magazines at airports and main stations in cities.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 15 Nov 2015, 00:37

PAN, you can't take photos of the picture and post them on the site? Sorry to bother you.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 26 Nov 2015, 12:55

The Vanity Fair photos of George and Amal at the event are now on the Amal Style site and their twitter page. In one they are talking to Caitlyn Jenner.

It's unclear (to me anyway!) whether they are scans, but thanks to them anyway. The Vanity Fair magazine also has a photo of George and the boys from the Oceans films...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 26 Nov 2015, 13:17

Thanks PAN,
I just checked Amal's styling site and found the pictures. Are there more pictures in the Vanity Fair? I still couldn't find it anywhere nearby, not even online up to now but guess it maybe available next week. It's always a bit tricky to get newspapers from other countries here. You usually have a good choice on main stations and airports, but I live a bit too far away...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 13:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 26 Nov 2015, 14:38

Thanks pan for the info.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 26 Nov 2015, 18:14

sorry, can't post picture.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down