George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal is NOT using George for his money. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal is NOT using George for his money.

+12
LizzyNY
Alisonfan
Donnamarie
LornaDoone
melbert
party animal - not!
Cece42
annemarie
Katiedot
bgarabedian
Joanna
Silje
16 posters

Go down

Amal is NOT using George for his money. Empty Amal is NOT using George for his money.

Post by Silje Thu 28 May 2015, 17:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amal Clooney NOT “Using” George For His Money, Despite “Gold Digger” Report

Truth rating: 0

Amal Alamuddin George Clooney Star

By Shari Weiss | 9:59 am, May 28th, 2015

Amal Clooney is NOT “using” George Clooney for his money, despite a new tabloid cover story that wrongly suggests the human rights lawyer is a “gold digger.” Gossip Cop can exclusively correct this claim.

According to Star, while Amal has a successful career as an internationally-renown attorney and activist, she “hit the jackpot” by marrying George, and allegedly his pals are now “questioning her motives for marrying him.” One so-called “source” tells the magazine, “His friends just hope he made the right decision and that Amal will make him as happy as he’s determined to make her. But some fear she could be a gold digger!”

Star goes on to twist George’s recent interview about his proposal, in which he joked about Amal taking “28 minutes” to say yes, as a “sign that she may not love him as much as he loves her.” The tabloid writes, “The more Amal thought about it, though, the more she realized that marrying an uber wealthy movie star would be a smart decision.” “She enjoyed living his lifestyle,” the tabloid’s alleged “insider” explains as the supposed reason Amal eventually accepted the proposal, adding, “For a girl like Amal, the princess treatment goes a long way.”

The magazine goes on to say how her family was “never wealthy,” and claims Amal was “viewed as a social climber.” “They’ve said she’s only interested in rich men,” the outlet’s “source” further alleges. Star fills out the rest of its article by detailing George and Amal’s supposed spending, claiming she’s “been blowing through $2 million each month, in an effort to bring her own lifestyle up to par” with his.

George has money. Amal has her own money. The Clooneys have money together, and they are entitled to live a luxurious life in any fashion they want. If George was so concerned about any spending, he would not have married her, let alone treat her like a “princess,” as Star readily admits. Glaringly, the tabloid never says who specifically is calling her a “social climber” or “gold digger.” The magazine just broadly attributes its made-up phony claims to people identified only as “friends” and “they.”

Of course, this is the same tabloid thatGossip Cop corrected last December for falsely claiming Amal was pregnant. Gossip Cop also debunked a Star story in February that wrongly alleged Amal was a “diva.” The magazine’s “sources” continue to be clueless about the couple’s marriage, as this “gold digger” story is 100 percent FALSE. Regardless, a source close to the situation assures Gossip Cop this is all tabloid “bullshi*t.”
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal is NOT using George for his money. Empty Re: Amal is NOT using George for his money.

Post by Joanna Thu 28 May 2015, 19:58

Am I correct in thinking 
"Thank goodness for Gosip Cop, because it is always correcting negative stories ?"
Is it a reliable publication ?

I suppose it's par for the course that the Clooneys
are going to attract attention from all styles of
so called writers, just so that they can 
make a quick buck from using tha name Clooney.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal is NOT using George for his money. Empty Re: Amal is NOT using George for his money.

Post by bgarabedian Thu 28 May 2015, 20:20

She is not as rich as he is, and money is a big asset marrying him. If he was just a regular guy just making an average living she would never marry him. The money behind the man is a big help in making her decision and if it takes 28 minutes to say yes to this man, she is not that crazy about him and eventually she might just move on. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 May 2015, 20:32

Joanna wrote:Is it a reliable publication ?
Well, they often get their information from the publicists working for the film stars concerned. Of course, who knows whether the publicist is actually telling the truth? It's not what they're paid to do.

As for this story, it's just silly on all levels. George and Amal have been together for 18 months already. If any of his friends were concerned about her intentions, they'd already know for certain by now.

Had this story run more than a year ago, then fair point. But seeing as it's published exactly when George claims Amal took 28 minutes to say yes, it's clearly something made up by George's close (and concerned) friends in the Star offices.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 28 May 2015, 22:02

Amal at the time she met George had worked hard to get where she was in her career. Her taking her time to answer after a surprise proposal makes perfect sense to me they hadn't even talked about marriage. She knew her life would change and that had nothing to do with the money. She was giving up her privacy and living in the public eye that is not a decision you should make lightly no matter how much you love someone. George is not a stupid man blinded by a woman he waited a long time for Amal and he knew her when he proposed. The press just want to sell rags nothing they write is ever actually fact just fiction.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 28 May 2015, 22:55

No one on here knows for sure if she married him for his money or not, all I can see is she sure is enjoying it, plus the fame and attention it brings.  In my opinion if you truly love someone it shouldn't take 28 minutes to make up your mind.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 28 May 2015, 23:10

So is the suggestion that His Nibs wouldn't have been able to figure out for himself that Amal might or might not be marrying him for his money?!

Just a reminder - Amal's family are very wealthy - they owned an airline amongst other things.........what either is worth is anybody's guess and the Times Rich List is a guesstimate too. It probably doesn't include any interests abroad........

Oh, and remember the friend's story about Amal thinking George was joking when he proposed...? This is the man who famously did not commit

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 28 May 2015, 23:29

I think what people are forgetting is that George's life is no easy thing she was giving up her privacy to be lied on and followed by the press . I feel like her taking her time to make sure she was doing the right thing was a good thing there was no rush she seems to be level headed so why should she rush an answer that was going to change her life forever. George also said she kept saying wow and oh my god simply shocked by the question. I have no idea why people seem to want to believe Amal was some broke woman when she obviously was not and was born into money and has made her own through her work.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 29 May 2015, 02:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 29 May 2015, 03:44

mel you find the most interesting um graphics? brahahaha!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 29 May 2015, 03:58

Despite all the bullshit being written about them George and Amal continue to be very much in love and happy with each other.   

There are always going to be those who can't stand seeing some people happy.  We all knew these third rate rags would be putting out trash about George and Amal after they married. None of these stories have any merit to them whatsoever.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 29 May 2015, 06:33

Cece42 wrote: all I can see is she sure is enjoying it, plus the fame and attention it brings. 
I remember having the same conversation on this forum (and others) about all of George's previous girlfriends too.

It's a fact that when you're dating a film star (whether you love him or are just out to get what you can), there are perks that go with the position of chief arm candy. This includes loan of dresses, jewellery and yes, attention. Lots and lots of attention.

This comes whether you want it or not so the only choice the woman has in the matter is how to handle the fame by association. We all laughed at Elisabetta when she pretended to be upset at being papped with George, regularly holding her handbag in front of her face. We all laughed at the other girlfriends for smiling at the cameras.

What can the woman do? This is a relationship and George clearly isn't someone who wants his partner to hide in the background; he wants someone to walk the carpet with him, attend events and be there. The only thing left to the woman is how gracefully she can handle it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 29 May 2015, 10:33

She spend her own money? yes. She has her own job. Amal not hang off George every second. He chose independant woman.  She is just like before engagement. Yes?
Married Amal same as unmarried Amal.Or she break prenup.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 29 May 2015, 11:06

Given he and his wife's work ethic and achievements and goals in life, both now and before they met, I should think His Nibs is absolutely incensed by this crap. 

Doubtless by now Stan is on auto-denial........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 29 May 2015, 11:18

Mel I love it and that says it all. Katie dot your right she is handling her new life the best way she can.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 29 May 2015, 12:30

Agreed that all of this is BS, but does anyone really believe Amal had never thought about marrying George before he proposed? I think most women in a relationship think about what a future with their partner might be like - unless they're not that emotionally invested in it. In that case, a proposal might take them by complete surprise and it might take them 28 minutes to answer.

And before you jump down my throat, I'm not saying she doesn't care for him. Just saying that when he proposed he was the one "in love" and she was surprised that he was taking their relationship to that level so quickly. I don't think she believed it was a serious relationship. Obviously he did.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 29 May 2015, 13:07

To be perfectly honest, I'm not at all surprised given his track record.

She was obviously invested in the relationship (see John Lambros comments at wedding and note Camp Cocker story of second woof which they've kept secret since 2013) but I bet she wanted to make sure he was sure after such a short time.

And could the '28 minutes' thing be a a little bit of an exaggeration......or did it just feel like that to him!?

I'm pretty sure she feels the same. Remember her comment at the Globes

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 29 May 2015, 13:43

I always believed George was joking when he said he was on his knees for 28 minutes.

According to a resent article the Clooneys net worth is £121 and Amal had £ 1 before the marriage. This makes sense to me. Her father was an university professor/owned a travel agency and her mother is a journalist. Hardly professions that makes you incredible rich.  I am sure there were rich people in the family (uncles).But her side of the family was probably more upper middle-class.

Amal is very ambitious and I am sure she was ambitious about who she was going to marry as well. She was looking for Mr Perfect. I am sure she likes George and has a crush on him. But like most women who marryies older multi-millionaires she was also marrying the lifestyle. So in that respect I think she is a gold-digger but then again so are probably half the women in Beverly Hills.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 29 May 2015, 18:59

Why not... He has loads of the stuff.... Go spend spend and spend trice more.... What's he going to do with it anyway... Buy a Tshirt....That would be a ....,nope.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 29 May 2015, 19:05

Nice to see she calls him Oh God..... Sweetheart honey or baby is so 80's....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 29 May 2015, 22:11

I also think George was kidding this is George after all, he says I have been on my knee for about 28 minutes.  As for her being a gold digger I don't think so she loves him and he loves her you can see it when she looks at him. She has worked hard for what she has not every woman wants or needs a man to take care of them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 30 May 2015, 03:29

28 minutes on his knee?  Most likely an exaggeration.  Makes for a funnier story.
Amal a golddigger? Nope.
Amal ambitious?  Sure.  And successful.
Mutual feelings of love and respect for each other?
That's what I see when I look at pictures of them together. And when I hear G talk about their relationship.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sat 30 May 2015, 09:35

At first I thought that Amal might not be as in love as George but by now I'm convinced they are both very much in love because of what I've seen in pictures and videos. That can't be acting. I think it's genuine. But I also think that Amal is enjoying the lifestyle that comes with being married to a famous person very much. I think she's probably a lot more interested in the lifestyle than the money. Of course, you need money to be able to maintain the lifestyle. But then again, who wouldn't enjoy it, especially if your other half would want you to enjoy it? This is their life together now.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 30 May 2015, 14:54

Anyone who married George Clooney would have to enjoy the lifestyle that comes with it.
It would be a total disaster if he married a little
"shrinking violet" who couldn't deal with all that 
goes with marrying George Clooney.

I think Amal is the perfect wife for George
in that she's able to enjoy their public lifestyle,
which of course is only a small part of 
their life together.

I've been pleased to hear the positive things 
that George has been saying about his wife 
I and believe that it's a total love match.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 30 May 2015, 15:29

So very well put, Jo. And so many people in the public eye have endorsed your views.

As her husband put it, she doesn't get nervous of appearing in public, given the more important arena she works in,and as Jennifer Aniston said such events must seem like a walk in the park to her.

Sometimes I think she looks bemused by it all, but if ever she needs it, she has all the reassurance in the world right next to her.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 30 May 2015, 23:55

Thank goodness other people thought he was exaggerating the "28 minutes" line to make for a funnier punchline. The way some commenters here and elsewhere have grabbed onto that line as proof of Amal's "true" feelings, I was starting to think I was the only one. 

And honestly, I'd think at this point, the attention just becomes background noise. And some days you're fine with it and smiling when you get in the car, and somedays you've have a crappy day at work or a headache and you look a little less enamored of it.  The perks of being Mrs. Clooney are wonderful and plentiful, but she didn't cease being human the day he slipped on the ring.  The day Amal takes a swing at a photographer, a la Sean Penn, or gets papped at a random CVS in West Hollywood carrying a bag of cough drops she's being paid to tweet about, a la Stacy Keibler, I'll agree with her critics. Till then, I think it's fair to allow her to have moods like anyone else.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 03 Jun 2015, 14:46

Silje wrote:Her father was an university professor/owned a travel agency and her mother is a journalist. Hardly professions that makes you incredible rich.  I am sure there were rich people in the family (uncles).But her side of the family was probably more upper middle-class.
Her family are incredibly wealthy. They're not 'just' journalists: the family own (or owned) a lot of the media - how many poor publishing proprietors do you know? That's in addition to having owned an airline and countless other ventures. How much of that family $$ trickled down to Amal specifically I don't know but I have friends of friends who know her (two who were invited to the wedding) and they all say she's never been short of a penny.

Missa wrote:Thank goodness other people thought he was exaggerating the "28 minutes" line to make for a funnier punchline.
Yeah, I think a lot of people don't get George's humour.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Jun 2015, 15:00

Katie - He may have been "kidding on the square" as we say - a joke not far from the truth. Did anyone else notice that when he was talking to Charlie Rose he mentioned going to Duke for treatment for his neck? Apparently he's still having problems. I wonder if he'll ever heal completely from that injury.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 03 Jun 2015, 15:14

Yes, LizzyNY, he may well have been hiding the truth in humour. I've learned over the years not to take everything George says literally - that includes declarations of love, before I get accused of picking and choosing which George-isms I believe and which I don't.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by / Wed 03 Jun 2015, 18:48

Katiedot wrote:
I have friends of friends who know her (two who were invited to the wedding)
So you're friends with some of Amal's friends? Very interesting! You never mentioned that, I think! So actually, you are the closest and most reliable source of information about Amal on this forum! Smile

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 21:13

Yeah katie how could you hide this from us.....come on Katie. We want the gossip Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 04 Jun 2015, 07:28

Acquaintances and I only found out the other day that they know her. I'm on holiday in Dubai at the moment and catching up with old friends and new gossip.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:54

Katie  - Please let us know anything you find out that you feel it's ok to tell us. Wink Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down