George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X

+11
LornaDoone
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
annemarie
Doug Ross
Nicky80
party animal - not!
Sevens
Joanna
amaretti
What Would He Say
15 posters

Go down

Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X Empty Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X

Post by What Would He Say Thu 21 May 2015, 22:54

Sevens, Sun is rising over Shanghai have a wonderful day…. Sevens our intrepid explorer, you stand higher than the highest skyscraper in Shanghai….I am sure George will feel the love of his very own Chinese Super Fan, even in a City of millions and millions….make great memories…..and tell us all when you get back….  Hello!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X Empty Re: Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X

Post by amaretti Thu 21 May 2015, 22:59

Yes tell us all when you get back . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X Empty Re: Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X

Post by Joanna Thu 21 May 2015, 23:19

Have a fun and exciting time Sevens.
And don't be backward in pushing yourself forward.

sunny sunny sunny
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 01:09

Hi thanks.
I know George and Amal arrived at Shanghai yesterday but we just don't know where they live or what they're doing now.
Heard that he is gonna do a press conference this afternoon and the premiere is in this evening.
I'll report the updates ASAP.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 May 2015, 02:56

A couple of ideas, Sevens - or guesses!

The Fairmont Peace Hotel? Very upmarket and Art Deco - Amal loves vintage.

They might visit the Swatch Peace Hotel which is the Art residency which His Nibs visited last year on his Omega trip.........

They could all be based together in one hotel of course. Disney account!

Good luck

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 03:47

I've known they're living in The Peninsula SH, and we're right in front of its gate. The press conference is to be held inside the hotel. But the security guard is intense right now we still can't figure out from which gate he would come out.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 04:29

we're waiting at the lobby...no sight of George yet
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 22 May 2015, 06:33

Good luck sevens.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 07:41

the premiere is about to start in a few hours!
So excited!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 09:02

lots of pics of George at the press conference!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 May 2015, 09:18

None on Getty yet. Sevens.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 09:41

The pics are on weibo now but you have to register to see them.
George will be here in two hours.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 May 2015, 09:46

Pics on Getty Images now, Sevens - with tshirt, Brad Bird and Britt Robertson. Skyline backdrop of the city - looks amazing!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 22 May 2015, 10:59

Yaaa! Sevens my HERO!!!

If you are at hotel, ask George for a lift to premier....."any chance of a lift to Premier in your car, I am your biggest fan in China....with a tiny ass, I'll take up no room and be as quiet as a Chinese mouse???"

Your adorable and devoted....how could he say no....

So excited for you!!!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 18:12

George accepted my gift: "A gift? Thank you very much." Then gave it to Gio.
He also held my hand for a moment!
Unfortunately I was recording everything and didn't have time to switch my phone to selfie mode. also didn't get the signature because he didn't carry a pen!
Nevertheless, I might be the only fan who got George a gift. Hope he'd enjoy that Chinese paper-cut in the coming years and recall this night.
Thank you George! You made the trip worth it.

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 22 May 2015, 18:22; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 22 May 2015, 18:18

How is he in person, Sevens?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 22 May 2015, 18:22

Good for you Sevens what a special evening for you.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 May 2015, 18:25

He is really nice and warm. His hand feels warm too. He also made a lot of jokes about China and Shanghai on the stage and made everybody laugh.
He draws a cartoon self opening arms to hug us on the main signing board.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 22 May 2015, 18:45

I moved the Posts and pics about the Premier to the thread below. Let's Keep this thread about sevens and her experience at the red carpet. And the thread below about George at the premier. Thanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 22 May 2015, 18:46

Sevens wrote:George accepted my gift: "A gift? Thank you very much." Then gave it to Gio.
He also held my hand for a moment!

Unfortunately I was recording everything and didn't have time to switch my phone to selfie mode. also didn't get the signature because he didn't carry a pen!
Nevertheless, I might be the only fan who got George a gift. Hope he'd enjoy that Chinese paper-cut in the coming years and recall this night.
Thank you George! You made the trip worth it.
So happy for your sevens. Great you held his Hand Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo  This moment you will remember forever rollingsmiley
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 22 May 2015, 19:44

I'm very happy for you, Seven. What a beautiful day  for you.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 23 May 2015, 00:49

Here is that magical moment! He looks me into the eyes and says thank you!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 23 May 2015, 01:03

Sevens  -  You must be so happy!! He accepted your gift AND held your hand! WOW! If I were you I'd be flying! Very Happy Did you see the movie, too, or are you going to wait until you get home? I'm so glad you had such good luck. You're such a huge fan, you deserve it. Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 23 May 2015, 01:10

I have seen the movie! It was so fun with good massage. George was grumpy but so funny. The visuals were stunning. Some really funny lines. Full of surprises. The only weak part is the third act but it's not that bad. George had tears rolling down. Overall it's a good family film. George was great in that.!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 23 May 2015, 01:43

Sevens - I trust your judgment more than I trust the critics. If you liked it, that's good enough for me. I'm going to see it tomorrow. I'll let you know if I agree with you. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 23 May 2015, 02:18

What an exciting day for you.  I'm so happy for you.  He looked right at you and shook your hand.  Wow.  You'll never forget this very special day.

I saw the movie today.  I will just say that he still has the most beautiful eyelashes.  And the tearful scene was touching.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 23 May 2015, 02:39

Another video shot by me on the blue carpet
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 23 May 2015, 03:42

So happy for you Sevens!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 23 May 2015, 06:11

Oh wow, that's so great, Sevens!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 23 May 2015, 11:40

Leaving Shanghai right now. Though George is staying another night here. Just stared at his hotel and kissed goodbye.
What an amazing night! Welcome to China again George!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 23 May 2015, 12:03

Seven did you get see Amal?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 23 May 2015, 13:35

No it was planned that she should walk with George on the blue carpet but it got canceled due to "her work business". But I'm sure they came to Shanghai together and they did some private sightseeings downtown today.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Shanghai Premier, good luck Sevens X Empty Re: shanghai Premiere, Good Luck Sevens X

Post by johnsonerika49 Sat 23 May 2015, 20:34

I wanted to see Sevens videos but they wont work for me. I am so jealous of her!!
She got to meet George!! What a Face

johnsonerika49
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 23 May 2015, 22:46

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 24 May 2015, 09:27

I'm a bit worried. By the end of the blue carpet, my gift is gone from Gio's hand. Where did he put it? Did he give it to another person? Hope George wouldnt forget to take my gift on his way back.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 24 May 2015, 09:45

Another shot of that moment:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 24 May 2015, 13:29

Sevens - Where are YOU in these pictures? Did you get any pictures of you and George in the same shot?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 24 May 2015, 14:11

Sorry I havent got that special picture.Just my hands and George are in the same shot!
But someone in the crowd says he saw me and George in the live footage from the big screen above the stage. That means the official camera captured that moment.
The full footage of the carpet isn't online yet. someone from the TV station promised me to share the footage Wednesday night. So I have to wait and find my footage.
Actually I was a bit taken away by that moment. His voice "A gift?" was so loud to me and as soon as he took my gift, I was lost due to strong emotions for a few seconds. Didnt even realize he turned around and said Thank you again. I literally forgot to say the words I had planned. such as "I loved you from Up in the air" or "Congrats on your marriage" or "The Descendants made me cry every time." My mind felt empty yet full of emotions for a while. My voice was lower. I didnt know what to say or how to ask for a selfie with him. Luckily when George was about to move, I reached out my right hand and asked my last request "shake hands". George heard me and a warm, large hand held my wrist for a moment. That felt sweet.
I still believe this might not be our last chance of meeting. Next time when I meet George, I must act more relaxed.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 24 May 2015, 14:26

Sevens wrote:I'm a bit worried. By the end of the blue carpet, my gift is gone from Gio's hand. Where did he put it? Did he give it to another person? Hope George wouldnt forget to take my gift on his way back.

Don't worry Sevens, I thought your gift was truly inspired!....just what he would be charmed by and so relevant to China.....On the carpet Gio is the nearest person to him.....but he is there in case someone like me decides to hitch up her skirt and toss herself over the fence and poleaxe George!....I noticed they have several assistance on the carpet to handle everything until George gets back to the hotel....

I am sure George being George will hang your picture somewhere Amal won't see it and get jealous.....and yet appropriate.....over the wok should do nicely...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 24 May 2015, 14:35

I want to share some interesting stories about the premiere.
When we loyal George fans are waiting beside the carpet, as in Shanghai this international city you can imagine, many foreign passers-by recognize George on the billboard and the first reactions are usually "he just got married." instead of this new film.
An older European couple just shouted "is that George Clooney?" But their Chinese interpreter didnt know about George and came to ask me who the man is. Very funny, I replied your clients just had the answer.
Then a woman from Chile joined us in the crowd and we had a very active conversation. She said George is very famous in Chile. We pointed out George may be less famous here in China as his small films normally wont get released here because we have limited quota for foreign films. She then praised Amal's accomplishments. Then we discussed Brad Bird and Pixar.
Lots of foreign fans at the red carpet but most are Chinese. Sadly, I felt a large number of people didnt know what this event was about or who the hell George Clooney is...because they didnt prepare anything for this. They happened to pass this area that night.

Last edited by Sevens on Sun 24 May 2015, 14:56; edited 2 times in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 24 May 2015, 14:48

What Would He Say wrote:
Sevens wrote:I'm a bit worried. By the end of the blue carpet, my gift is gone from Gio's hand. Where did he put it? Did he give it to another person? Hope George wouldnt forget to take my gift on his way back.

Don't worry Sevens, I thought your gift was truly inspired!....just what he would be charmed by and so relevant to China.....On the carpet Gio is the nearest person to him.....but he is there in case someone like me decides to hitch up her skirt and toss herself over the fence and poleaxe George!....I noticed they have several assistance on the carpet to handle everything until George gets back to the hotel....

I am sure George being George will hang your picture somewhere Amal won't see it and get jealous.....and yet appropriate.....over the wok should do nicely...
Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone near George holding my gift by the end of the carpet. I could only suppose Gio gives it to another assistant asking him/her to take that to their car earlier...in order to free his both hands to do his job. George seems to be really impressed by that paper-cut picture. He trusts Gio and I'm sure Gio wont just mindlessly throw around fan's gifts!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 24 May 2015, 17:21

Sevens I'm very happy for you and reading your reports and seeing your pictures brought it home, yet again,
just how considerate George is to all his fans, whatever
part of the world he's in.
He must be grateful for some R&R in one of his many homes.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 25 May 2015, 05:38

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 05 Jun 2015, 14:00

I just realized some of you might not be able to watch the videos previously posted. Here some different links for the videos I shot on the carpet of the moment I met George:

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 05 Jun 2015, 16:48

no way
charging no end Neutral
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 05 Jun 2015, 18:35

Sevens....I do hope you can get a good print of that
picture of George holding your gift and put
it on your wall.
A lovely reminder of your special meeting.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 05 Jun 2015, 20:47

thanks sevens, great moment
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 06 Jun 2015, 03:11

Joanna wrote:Sevens....I do hope you can get a good print of that
picture of George holding your gift and put
it on your wall.
A lovely reminder of your special meeting.
yeah I found that picture because someone near me shot that and posted it on social media. didnt know that fan or asked her to take the picture. A bit shame that she didn't capture George and me in the same shot though.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 06 Jun 2015, 05:12

two more photos of George holding my gift and about to hold my hand
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 06 Jun 2015, 19:15

wow! You were so lucky to get so close to him and to track down all those photos. Truly an event to remember!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down