George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better

Go down

George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better Empty George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better

Post by party animal - not! Sun 17 May 2015, 21:21

This story is growing.......interview on the red carpet. Now in several papers including The Guardian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better

Speaking at the premiere of new film Tomorrowland: A World Beyond, the star’s comments could reflect his desire to move into politics in these ‘very bleak’ times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney works the red carpet at the European premiere of Tomorrowland in London’s Leicester Square. Photograph: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP
George Clooney has said he believes it is up to society to elect politicians who it believes can give us all a brighter future.
The Hollywood heartthrob signed autographs and posed for selfies in Leicester Square on Sunday at the premiere of his new film, Tomorrowland: A World Beyond.
The 54-year-old actor was joined on the red carpet by Hugh Laurie, who plays the villain in the Disney movie, and their young co-stars Britt Robertson and Raffey Cassidy.

The sci-fi adventure, directed by Brad Bird, was inspired by the futuristic Tomorrowland attractions at the Disney theme parks and Walt Disney’s vision of a utopian future.
Clooney plays Frank Walker, a former boy-genius inventor who has become pessimistic about the future of the world, until he teams up with a teenage girl who is determined to save it.
Clooney, who is rumoured to be planning a move into US politics, said: “I do believe that’s how we work it out – politicians are elected by us, so we as a collective can always make things better, and we always have.
“I really do believe that every time things seem very bleak – and I believe that they look very bleak right now – we figure it out. We have to, that’s how society moves forwards.”
Clooney, who married human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin last year, said he feels happier about life since tying the knot. “I’m a happily married man,” he said. “I’m very happy.” But he dodged any questions about starting a family of his own.
Actor, comedian and blues singer Laurie, 55, plays scientist David Nix, the villainous scientist who has given up on the world. But Laurie revealed he has become a more optimistic person as he grows older.
He said: “For me, it was the other way round. I was a rather gloomy sort of kid and I think I’ve got more optimistic as the years have gone by. It’s partly an effort of will. I think, to a degree, we all have the power to change it: what we think about the future and what we think about the world. I’m trying as hard as I can to be a sunnier person than I was.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 17 May 2015, 21:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text / edit title)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down