George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC

+13
Silje
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
Nicky80
kat19
mel01
LornaDoone
catwoman
lelacorb
PigPen
Joanna
Way2Old4Dis
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Apr 2015, 19:39

PAN and Donnamarie - I can't say I disagree with anything either of you said. My point was, I think, that married George seems different from the George we knew pre-Amal. Marrying such a high-powered professional from a field so different from his own seems more a calculated career move than a love match (although it may be both - or neither - I don't know scratch ) It just raises questions about him for me.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Clooney Proves Orange Is The New Black - lunch at Morandi in NYC

Post by Katiedot Fri 10 Apr 2015, 19:57

lelacorb wrote:At one time this site was fun now is increasingly frequented by horses with blinders that they do not see the side so you can not even consider the fact that the "beautiful" Amal go around dressed in summer in the cold NY. I miss the objective and intelligent people who once frquentavano this site but they all emigrated. Kate do something!
You're more than welcome to emigrate from this site if you wish. No one forces you to visit. But I'll point out one thing that an objective and intelligent person should know without needing it pointing out by me, and I'll do it in big letters because you really don't seem to understand.

Here goes:

When it comes to utterly shallow, meaningless, trivial, minutiae such as what clothes Amal wears (or doesn't wear), what she does with her hair, what facial expression she has or indeed anything other entirely irrelevant and completely unimportant to do with her looks or appearance IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER!

I kind of feel sorry for anyone who doesn't understand that. If you want to continue posting here, judging Amal by her appearances, by all means go ahead, it's a free world. For you, appearances are obviously the most important thing about a person; just don't be upset when others call you the shallow, unintelligent person you obviously must be to think that Amal wearing a coat or not is in any way important. I think Kim Kardashian's backside has greater meaning than Amal's dress sense, which is to say absolutely none whatsoever, but by all means, keep on making it an issue for yourself if for you it's so important to find reasons to criticise.

LizzyNY wrote:I do think at some point they have to talk about money. She needs to know how much, if anything, the clothes are going to cost her. And the designers need to know if she's going to pay them in money or publicity. Is she going to keep the clothes or return them? They are in business to make money and can't afford to give their clothes away if they don't get something out of it, IMO.
I think the fashion houses give away a lot of clothes as freebies to the right people, and the wife of one of the world's most famous film stars is definitely one of the right people. My best guess (and it is only a guess) is that she returns a lot of stuff.

LizzyNY wrote: Honestly, I don't care. I just think dressing for summer while it still feels like winter is stupid. But, like I said, if she gets sick it's not my problem. Very Happy
See. That's a rational, intelligent, objective woman's response to Amal's dress sense.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 10 Apr 2015, 20:14

Katidot, thank you.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Fri 10 Apr 2015, 20:17

LELACORB:

Do as I do, friend, ignore. I even have fun with these people who both advocate a woman who does not even know that they exist and probably would look at them with contempt. Very Happy
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 10 Apr 2015, 20:24

LizzyNY wrote:PAN and Donnamarie - I can't say I disagree with anything either of you said. My point was, I think, that married George seems different from the George we knew pre-Amal. Marrying such a high-powered professional from a field so different from his own seems more a calculated career move than a love match (although it may be both - or neither - I don't know scratch ) It just raises questions about him for me.

Lizzy, obviously you're not alone.  Others here feel the same as you do.  

I just think we've seen George a certain way for most of his career.  The women in his life who come and go have attributed to that perception of how we see him.  I just think there was, and is, so much more to him as a man than he was ever willing to share with the public.  And I have said it here before - contrary to what many others think.  I do not for a moment believe George would marry as a calculated career move. 

Hope your weather is better today.  Can't say so here.  Was supposed to be 80.  Well it hasn't even reached 60 as of this afternoon.  But hopefully a nice weekend☀.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 10 Apr 2015, 21:45

@katiedot, I am here almost 2 years.  I think what Lelacorb meant is that COH had more a "water cooler feel" before....well thats my perception....I knew the other posters certainly not all about them, but enough....even you Katiedot, so jealous of all that sand!...everyone 2 years ago posted and left an imprint of themselves....whether it be a Mum in Oz busy with three kids +ipads or a lady out in the Mid-West hunting down Bashir better than any satellite....People came here and did not just endlessly post about  their favourite SUBJECT,  and nothing more....we got a glimpse of who we were talking to.....That's all.....

BTW, I have to thank you all....you all especially people who no longer post SAVED ME.... for the first year you were my "Cheers".....where everyone knows your name....no matter what time of night, no matter what time zone I was in.....Always someone was there....I love you
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 10 Apr 2015, 21:54

WWhS......that's the positive power of
the Internet I feel. It is good to come here and
chatter....even though some times, when we 
go off topic, it must irritate. Lol

sunny
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 10 Apr 2015, 22:14

Yeh Jo, our constant true north....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Apr 2015, 22:52

Katiedot wrote:

LizzyNY wrote: Honestly, I don't care. I just think dressing for summer while it still feels like winter is stupid. But, like I said, if she gets sick it's not my problem. Very Happy
 See.  That's a rational, intelligent, objective woman's response to Amal's dress sense.  
 Thanks, Katie. Coming from you that's a compliment I happily accept - and today it may even be accurate! Very Happy

Donnamarie - The weather is a little better, thnks for asking. A bit warmer but still grey and rainy.

(For some reason I can't control the type of this post - it keeps changing on me! Sorry! Embarassed It keeps going in and out of bold face type - HELP!)

LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2