George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity

+8
silly girl
playfuldeb
it's me
Dexterdidit
lucy
Atalante
melbert
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity Empty Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 May 2011, 17:36

From Hollywood reporter

Why Ben Affleck, Maria Bello Support the Children Mending Hearts Charity

8:00 AM 5/11/2011 by Alex Ben Block

The organization, founded in 2008, aims to educate and empower children by connecting them with other kids around the world through creative expression.

Ben Affleck attended the Children Mending Hearts fundraiser as a board member. He played it low-key and stayed in the background.

"I try to participate as much as I can," the actor said. "It turns out that it doesn't take that much to do a little bit."

Lysa Heslov, the wife of producer Grant Heslov, founded the charity in 2008 to educate and empower children by connecting them with other children around the world through creative expression. Children Mending Hearts works with local organizations, holds workshops and does promotions tied to having children do arts projects, which are then exchanged with kids in other countries at risk because of poverty, war and famine.

"Every child deserves to have a voice, and I think children have the power to change the world," Lysa Heslov said. "Children helping children is our future, and that's what I believe in. I fight for them and I'm their advocate. They inspire me. They keep me moving."

Actress and activist Maria Bello, who has made frequent trips to Haiti since the devastating earthquake that stuck the island in October, was among those honored at Saturday's event. Bello has been working in Haiti with the group We Advance.

"It's to empower women throughout Haiti," she said. "We have a women's clinic that sees 200 women a day. We do education classes, outreach classes on hygiene, health care, human rights and gender-based violence for hundreds of women a week."

Bello, who recently starred in NBC pilot Prime Suspect, an update of the U.K. series, left for another trip to Haiti on Sunday. She made a plea for contributions -- not just funds but also for new underwear and a video camera, which was promptly donated by a member of the audiovisual crew at the event. Bello even gave her home address in Venice so people could drop off donations.

Another honoree Saturday was retired lawyer William Henry Gates Sr., the father of the Microsoft founder and co-chair of his son's foundation.

"The idea of having kids from a strange place like Los Angeles and a strange place like Haiti have this relationship that grows out of these gifts and exchanges is really an incredible idea and has huge potential," Gates said. "The world has a great need for a lot of great ideas, and this one is intriguing, innovative and I'm convinced, effective."

One of those who flew in for the evening was eighth grader Devin Reese, 14, who lives just outside Las Vegas. In foster care because both his parents are in prison, he was discovered after attending a Children Mending Hearts workshop.

Heslov brought him to the stage, and Reese was informed he would receive tutoring, a laptop computer, an Xbox, a skateboard and fulfillment of his dream -- to attend a football camp this summer put on by Syracuse University. The group also gave him a $1,000 college scholarship, with Chris Talbot of Microsoft announcing the company would add another $1,000.

Carson Meyer, the teenage daughter of Universal Studios head Ron Meyer and wife Kelly, came to present an award to Helena Heslov, Lysa's niece, who was recognized for donating her bat mitzvah gifts to the cause -- more than $6,000.

"The smart thing about all this to me -- and I'm not a sociologist -- is that socializing at a young age really defines who we turn out to be," said Affleck, got involved with Children Mending Hearts after meeting Lysa Heslov several years ago when they were both working with another organization in the Congo. (Smokehouse Prods., run by Grant Heslov and George Clooney, is producing the film Argo, in which Affleck will star and direct for Warner Bros. this year.)

Added Affleck: "If we have people that turn out to be violent or damaged, then we're going to have a much worse world. So while this doesn't instantly fix the problems we see today, whether in Libya, Syria or wherever, it does make a genuine case that we can fix problems like this and perhaps avoid things that could happen down the road."

During the event, which was hosted by actress Aisha Tyler at the Brentwood home of Robert and Nicole Maloney, Heslov announced that more than 97% of the money Children Mending Hearts raises reaches the kids.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity Empty Re: Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity

Post by melbert Fri 13 May 2011, 02:21

I wonder if George throws a little money her way for this cause of hers? I would hope so. He wouldn't want to be high profile, can't have his name associated with kids!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity Empty Re: Children Mending Hearts - Lysa Heslov's charity

Post by Atalante Fri 13 May 2011, 20:07

I'm wondering why Lysa hasn't asked him to come over to one of her kids parties. The biggest kid in Hollywood and she forgets to invite him. geek

She did post a verrrrrrrrrry funny video though : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing And a serious one too about her work with the kidzzzz ! 10 out of 10
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 14 May 2011, 00:03

His good friends probably avoid asking him for favors.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 14 May 2011, 04:25

I might have to disagree with you Lucy. George doesn't seem shy in asking his friends for favors, so I don't think that he has a problem with them asking him.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 21 Jan 2012, 13:23

Lysa has got her new project online [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] She should ask G.C. for some pictures. G.C. photoshopped by kids, would be nice ! geek
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 25 Jan 2012, 20:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Are you going to vote too ?
I did. Basketball
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 26 Jan 2012, 00:11

I think George helps out more financially this is Lysa's baby and I'm sure if she asked he would do whatever she needed.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 26 Jan 2012, 06:40

Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 27 Jan 2012, 02:55

I think George donates so much that we'll never know about. He doesn't have to prove anything by the amount he donates and to whom. If Lysa asked for his "voice" to promote this more, then we'd hear something. He's vocal about his other charities.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:34

again
absolutely sure
you can bet on it!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 Jan 2012, 15:20

Katie, I don't know if this is appropriate on this thread or not. Hadn't seen where you posted it here on OH. Remove if not appropriate. Of course, we also know that the National Enquirer is a highly respected publication. Major CS!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Friday, January 27, 2012
National Enquirer Blind Item

WHICH handsome Oscar-winning actor has been caught in the middle of a children’s charity crisis? Turns out the big star – who has no kids – was scheduled to appear at the charity’s function by the ambitious wife of his production partner. Now the A-lister has to decide whether to back out and disappoint the kiddies in need – or cancel a vacation he planned with his hot new girlfriend.

Is this our George?

I just found you posted in Blind Items. You can remove from here if you don't want it here.

Last edited by melbert on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 15:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops, you did post it in Blind Items.)
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 28 Jan 2012, 19:02

pointing Cancel his whole vacation ? That's a bit weird. He planned a vacation with Stacy for ONE day or what ? scratch
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 29 Jan 2012, 11:23

I think if this is George, that he the type of person who would stick to commitments first made. I am assuming of course, but then whoever this is, maybe the girlfriend made the vacation plans without consulting first?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 23 Sep 2012, 21:41

Anyone in the CA area might want to go to this....glad they use their movies for a good cause. I have seen BA working for the Congo and have been impressed with his work too.

ARGO screening benefitting Children Mending Hearts and Eastern Congo Initiative --- both good causes....

ARGO CHARITY SCREENING
BENEFITING
Eastern Congo Initiative Children Mending Hearts
Founded by Ben Affleck Founded by Lysa Heslov

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
@
WRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA THEATER
135 S. Doheny Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

VIP RECEPTION 6:30pm
FILM SCREENING 7:30pm
POST SCREENING Q&A with Cast & Crew 9:30pm
MODERATED BY Jimmy Kimmel

VIP Ticket $500
+ Invitation to pre-screening VIP reception including refreshments
+ Reserved VIP theater seating for the screening followed by Q&A with select cast and crew
General Admission Ticket $100
+ General admission seating for screening, followed by Q&A with select cast and crew

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE! For information, please contact:
Adam Greenfield, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or 323.463.3281

Special thanks to SUNSHINE SACHS for their support of our charity screening!

THANK YOU TO OUR HOST COMMITTEE!
Chay Carter - Robin Dearden & Bryan Cranston - Ellen & Dave Edington - Sara Ell - Carlota Espinosa - Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck - Adi & Jerry Greenberg - Lynne & Michael Heslov - Lysa & Grant Heslov - Lyn & Norman Lear - Heather & Steven Mnuchin - Lu Parker - Taylor Richards - Pamela Robinson & Robert Hollander - Keri Selig & Keith Addis - Suzy & Rich Eisen - Julia Sorkin - Lauren & Patrick Whitesell - Whitney Williams

(it was hard to copy)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 23 Sep 2012, 21:50

Really, really great!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 23 Sep 2012, 21:55

cheers bravi!!! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 24 Sep 2012, 21:35

That's GREAT! I would go if I could... family commitment... Mad
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 12 Oct 2012, 15:18

Here are some photos from the event. LH looks great....love her dress.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 15:29

Sorry George didn't show up...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Oct 2012, 22:02

really???
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 22:13

yes It's Me, I am.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Oct 2012, 22:16

sad
some new pics are always welcome!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 12 Oct 2012, 22:55

I don't even care if there would be more pics. I just wish he would have been there to support the film, but more importantly, to support his business partner's (and probably best friend) wife in her charity.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 10 Jun 2013, 12:34

Nice mix of celebrities...glad so many turned out for it.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 10 Jun 2013, 13:25

WOW !!! So many ppl!!! Amazing cheers

Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:22

Just Jared coverage. Good turnout.

Ellen Pompeo & Kevin Zegers: Children Mending Hearts Style Sunday

Ellen Pompeo holds onto her adorable daughter Stella, 3, at the 2013 Children Mending Hearts Style Sunday on Sunday (June 9) in Beverly Hills, Calif. The 43-year-old actress was joined at the event by her husband Chris Ivery, along with Kevin Zegers, Liberty Ross, Minnie Driver, Jamie Chung, Michelle Trachtenberg, Lyndsy Fonesca, Amy Smart with hubby Carter Oosterhouse, Bryan Greenberg, Chris Galya, Josh Gad, and stylist Brad Goreski.

Children Mending Hearts is a charity which takes pride in empowering disadvantaged youth through educational and arts programs that build empathy and global citizenry. Under Armour and Vikingfjord Vodka helped to sponsor the festivities!  30+ pictures inside of Ellen Pompeo and others at the Children Mending Hearts event…

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:46

It was a really big event
Bravi!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down