George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day

+16
5marcy5
melbert
janieb
pandabear
Way2Old4Dis
premiere
Hebe
Nicky80
Cece42
mel01
annemarie
/
Sevens
Joanna
party animal - not!
benex
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day Empty George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day

Post by benex Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How Did George and Amal Clooney Spend Their First Valentine's Day as Newlyweds?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amal and George Clooney

It looks like the honeymoon phase is far from over for Mr. and Mrs. Clooney!

The actor, 53, and his barrister wife Amal spent their first Valentine's Day as newlyweds at one of Clooney's favorite dinner spots Saturday night, Asanebo in Studio City, California.

The couple looked happy and affectionate as they were spotted leaving the sushi restaurant, smiling and holding hands. Amal – whose style choices have already grabbed headlines – donned a tan, fringed cape, booties and an oversized blue clutch. George, who kept it casual in jeans and a short-sleeved grey button, had his arm around his wife's waist at one point.

George and Amal's first several months of marriage have been full of celebration. They toasted Amal's 37th birthday Feb. 1 with a casual dinner with close friends at their home and made their first red carpet appearance at the 2015 Golden Globes on Jan. 11.

The couple also topped their newlywed glow with some sunshine on a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, last week, where they were joined by Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber, a source tells PEOPLE. They relaxed at the El Dorado Golf & Beach Club and "enjoyed a few days in the sun with friends," the source says.

Marriage, Clooney told PEOPLE in September after they tied the knot in Venice, Italy, "feels pretty damn great."

On top of celebrating birthdays and holidays and gracing red carpets, the couple has kept as busy ever.

Clooney, 53, stars in the new Disney/Pixar movie Tomorrowland – which is scheduled for a May release – while Amal has a jam-packed agenda that includes representing Armenia in a trial before the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), and more recently, joining the legal team of The Hooded Men, a group of 10 men who were allegedly tortured by the British Army in Northern Ireland in 1971.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text and pic)
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:07

Thank you, Benex. Great find!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day Empty Re: George and Amal Clooney Their First Valentine's Day

Post by Nicky80 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:15

George Looks fresh and in shape Love4

Thanks for the find
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Feb 2015, 20:19

Thanks benex....that's a lovely photo of
Mr & Mrs C.
They do look as if they've found some sun. 

I wonder who the "source" is who gave so much 
recent information ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Feb 2015, 21:33

Courtesy of Mr and Mrs Cloney tumblr

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Feb 2015, 21:35

Sorry........my 'o's sticking!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Feb 2015, 21:56

I guess they were in Mexico all together for the commercial George shot.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Feb 2015, 22:52

JustJared: mre

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 16 Feb 2015, 23:59

"Honey, since it's our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife, I want to do something special."

"Oh, lovely. What are we doing?"

"We're going to the same restaurant I go to at least once a week when I'm home, so I can order the same sushi I always eat."

Brief silence.

"George. Dear. Not that I care about Valentine's Day, but how is that special?"

"Well, you can be photographed in another stunning outfit, and we'll be with a different couple than the usual."

"Oh, love. You had me at 'photographed.' "

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Feb 2015, 00:14

RadarOnline

More shots: very sweet

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Tue 17 Feb 2015, 00:17

They look great. But I don't think this is from Valentine's day....it says on the US Weekly page these pics are from Feb 15, yesterday. They probably just went out for dinner Sunday night. 

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 00:38

It looks like they had dinner with Ben and Grant and their wives , in one of the pictures Grant is near the car. Amal is walking behind Lysa looks  like just a dinner with friends.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Feb 2015, 00:57

Yep. Agree, Kat and Annemarie. Think this is Sunday. Can't believe they ALL decided to spend Valentine's Day together at Asanebo. 

This is the man who chose to cook at home before proposing......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 17 Feb 2015, 02:14

party animal - not! wrote:JustJared: mre

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 17 Feb 2015, 02:54

party animal - not! wrote:RadarOnline

More shots: very sweet

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 Feb 2015, 02:57

George looks happy and relaxed.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 03:53

Agree Katidot, George does look happy and relaxed.  They both look so tan too.  Must be from Cabo.  Always love George in black shirts.  Looks very sexy.

He didn't drive that night.  Usually he drives when they go out to Asanebo.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by / Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:35

They've got a great tan. How wonderful it must be to have so many relaxing moments between work commitments. All those holidays many of us 'normal people' can only dream of...

Just a remark here: why do the magazines almost Always only publish pictures of them having dinner in the evening? Don't they get out of the house during the day?
PS: I think Amal's boots are ugly. Love the cape though. Smile

/

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 12:20

My guess as to why they don't get pictured is that they don't go where the press are and they don't call the press .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 17 Feb 2015, 13:09

Sorry, I don't have time to copy article right now.  Heading out the door.

Amal Clooney lovingly holds hands with George while wearing fringed cape... as they celebrate first Valentine's as husband and wife

They tied the knot in September last year and so Valentine's day was an extra special occasion for George and Amal Clooney - as it's their first as a married couple. 
Of course, the pair celebrated the romantic day in style, even if it was a day late, heading to 53-year-old George's favourite sushi joint in Los Angeles. 
The happy couple held hands as they walked over to the valet where chivalrous George let Amal, 37, get into the car first, before getting in himself.

Human rights lawyer Amal looked in a tan suede fringed cape, which she wore over a white T-shirt top and black super skinny trousers. 

She accessorized with a cobalt blue clutch bag and wore two-tone Gucci ankle boots which had sections of cream leather and snakeskin details. 
With her hair blow-dried to perfection, the stunningly beautiful lady let her natural beauty shine through as she kept close to her man. 

She's a stunner: Amal looked exquisite in a brown fringed cape and Gucci ankle boots 

George looked a little more casual in a grey short-sleeve button-down shirt, jeans, and brown shoes. 

It's been a double celebration for the couple this month, as they celebrated Amal's 37th birthday on February 3, with an intimate dinner, hosted by George. 

Close friends, supermodel Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber were in attendance at the low-key affair, as well as a small group of friends.  

Happy and in love: George kept his wife close by his side and held her hand at all times - they married in September 

Rande, who runs the Casamigos Tequila company with George, 53, previously gushed about how 'perfect' Amal was for his friend, in an interview with People magazine.

He said: 'She's really perfect for him. She's smart and she's beautiful, engaging. She is, again ... smart, but she doesn't make you feel stupid!'

Adding: 'I've been friends with George probably half my life. And it's just great that he found someone. She's a great girl, and together I think they can do some incredible things.'

What a guy! George threw an intimate dinner for Amal earlier this month in celebration of her 37th birthday

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 17 Feb 2015, 19:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text and pics)
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 13:45

I'm not crazy about the boots either.  But Amal has a great sense of style and how to put pieces together.  I think it works for her and her taste.  

The press knows where George likes to eat so Im sure they try to stake out certain spots on a regular basis.  Sometimes they catch George at lunch too at Rande's restaurant in Malibu.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 16:11

Lol, she does have unique taste in shoes that's for sure I love the cape.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Tue 17 Feb 2015, 17:34

The fact that she wears 4-inch heels to dinner (when most other women would dress comfortably albeit stylish) is one of the reasons I don't buy/appreciate the whole "human rights lawyer/humanitarian" spin. Such BS. There's something so pretentious about the way she dresses...i keep hoping it's just once in a while, but instead it's every single picture. It just give me doubts about her. I do like the boots, very nice outfit and styling, strange that it's exacly to my taste and what i'd want to wear, EXCEPT for that blue bag...yet i can't help thinking how long it must have taken to put this whole "casual" outfit together (that blue bag, the boots, cape/vest, top, the necklace, pants), press her clothes, put on her makeup, blow her hair...Phew! It's tiring just thinking about the time spent getting ready for 1 dinner. She must have a PA or a personal maid in their LA home.
    I could go on i.e. none of his previous girlfriends went to these lengths in their dressing. Even Kate Midddleton or Princess Diana or Jackie O (these were the women whose position  she was compared to on Barbara's show having married the world's most famous movie star bachelor) didn't go around in 4-inch heels. If we got to see pics of the other couples on these dinner dates, i think the wives would be dressed more comfortably, and Amal would always be overdressed  in comparison.
    I'm sorry if this rant offends anyone, but i just had to get this off my chest, as it's been bothering me almost everytime i see a pic of them. That dress n jacket she had on in those dinner pics (the one where people thought she was pregnant) in particular comes to mind.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 18:12

This is my absolutely favourite pic of them -

It says so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 17 Feb 2015, 18:37

Please Amal, you've been in front of the cameras for over a year now, stop with the little coy look.  Do you actually think there would be no cameras around especially when you are with George.  And I have to comment on the hand holding, everyone made such a big deal in one photo that their fingers were entwined, hmmm  now it's just plain hand holding, sorry just had to throw that in.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 18:38

Not all women are the same we all dress differently. She likes heels and wears them why not all she is doing is going from the car to the restaurant. It's nice to see a woman take time to look good when she is out with her husband. There are also women who wear nothing but heels they don't do flats.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 18:44

It's obvious Amal loves fashion and has for quite some time.  I don't think being a high profile international and human rights lawyer (who makes a lot of money) and a woman who has a love for high fashion have to contradict each other.

I love clothes myself. Have always had a weakness for fashion.  I don't have the kind of money Amal has and can't buy designer labels.  But I probably buy more clothes than I should. And when  I go out with my friends or my husband I always want to dress up, put interesting pieces together but then I change my mind and choose to be more conservative cause I think maybe it looks like I'm trying too hard. Maybe a bit pretentious.  So I hold back.  I probably shouldn't.

I like that Amal dresses how she feels. She's not inhibited.  I think she dresses to please herself and what makes her feel comfortable and beautiful.  To me it's just another sign of her self confidence.  I really admire women who are self confident.  I'm not as confident about myself as I should be.  It's always a work in progress for me.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 17 Feb 2015, 19:33

mel01 wrote:The fact that she wears 4-inch heels to dinner (when most other women would dress comfortably albeit stylish) is one of the reasons I don't buy/appreciate the whole "human rights lawyer/humanitarian" spin.

Sorry but I don't agree.

To were high heels has nothing to do with your Job. It is a women thing. If I go for dinner and really doesn't matter if it's a date or with my best girlfriends we always dress up and wear high heels. I think I never ever went out and wore flat shoes. And depends on how high the heels are depends on how comfortable you are to walk in it.

Maybe it is a culture thing as well. In some countries it is "normal" to go out for dinner in a comfortable look. Some even go out with Trainers. I would never do that if it's not Mc Donalds.... Razz

When I grew up all older women around me said "if you don't want to walk like a man you wear heels".

So really it depends on how you grew up and and what kind of woman you are but this has nothing to do what kind of Job you have. Women like to be pretty and every woman shows that in her own way, Cloth, make up, hair...you name it....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Feb 2015, 19:59

Too true, Nicky.

Amal's style is very eclectic (remember the boots as she was leaving the Carlyle?), but I think alot if it is very 'her' which is as it should be. For instance that gorgeous silk kimono which only someone with her height could wear, and her jewellery, some of which has been from Fashioncompassion.

Everything seems very appropriate for each event to me.......and no over exposure of flesh either.

We can all have our views. But, honestly, His Nibs doesn't care.  He's already made his mind up.

And no, I wouldn't wear trainers to go out to dinner............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 17 Feb 2015, 20:00

Bellalique wrote:This is my absolutely favourite pic of them -

It says so much!
I have absolutely no idea what it says.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Tue 17 Feb 2015, 20:04

If I was going out for a meal with George I'd like to look my best too and would probably take longer than Amal to get ready as I like to take my time. I can't wear very high heels but wish I could. I'm not keen on Amal's boots but I like her cape and think her blue clutch goes with George's jeans. In that last picture it looks as though George wants to share the clutch with her but he's probably just going for her hand.

Hebe

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 17 Feb 2015, 20:08

It shows insecurity, not pretention, when you have such an expensive, put-together look (make-up and hair included) to go out for sushi. To me she's looking at the photographer with a "How do I look?" look. It must be exhausting to always be watching out for the paps.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 20:23

premiere wrote:I have absolutely no idea what it says.
And that's the joy of the Clooneys. We all have our own opinion of who and what they are and why we may find a particular pic deliciously hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 22:47

I know women who won't leave the house without full makeup  hair and  heels that is their thing and it doesn't matter where they  are going this is how they feel their best. There are some women that would rather be over dressed than under dressed at all times. Amal is wearing a cape  t shirt and jeans with boots all of which are on trend this season. Nothing out of the ordinary about it to me casual with a touch of elegance the cape to me anyway.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 17 Feb 2015, 23:41

Why all the talk about Amal? George looks hot as f**k, and he's not even trying.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Feb 2015, 00:25

Yup. 'Twas ever thus.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 18 Feb 2015, 01:22

Yes I agree 100% that George looks incredibly hot (esp. In black and nicely tanned). Said that earlier here but it doesn't matter how hot he looks because it always comes back to the woman he's holding hands with.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by 5marcy5 Wed 18 Feb 2015, 01:49

I just wonder why they never go out just the two of them.

5marcy5
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 18 Feb 2015, 02:14

I can count on one hand the pictures we've seen when he is out with a woman alone.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by 5marcy5 Wed 18 Feb 2015, 02:29

I can understand how he would need bodyguards, etc. but why always be out with Cindy and Rande or other friends.

5marcy5
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Feb 2015, 02:30

Yes, Mel, but on the other hand what percentage of his life does he choose to show us?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Wed 18 Feb 2015, 02:39

Not liking this outfit at all.  I think the boots look cheap.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Wed 18 Feb 2015, 05:16

I love her outfit and really love the cape!! She looks wonderful and they look very happy together! I love you
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 18 Feb 2015, 06:13

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Why all the talk about Amal? George looks hot as f**k, and he's not even trying.

yep he does. Must be the fine t-shirt which matches his fine tanned Skin  and make him look so love1 love1 love1
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 18 Feb 2015, 11:48

I was just responding to 5marcy5's comment.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Feb 2015, 12:14

George likes his privacy I think like any newlyweds they probably spend lots of time a lone at home. And probably enjoy seeing friends when out to dinner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Feb 2015, 13:14

5marcy5 wrote:I can understand how he would need bodyguards, etc. but why always be out with Cindy and Rande or other friends.

Why not ? They're obviously close old friends who live 
nearby and enjoy meeting up for dinner occasionally.

Many people do that, especially in mid-age when one has sorted 
the "wheat from the chaff" friendship wise.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by 5marcy5 Wed 18 Feb 2015, 22:58

It seems that for her birthday and for Valentine's Day that they would like to be alone being newlyweds.

5marcy5
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Feb 2015, 23:27

Her birthday was a small celebration and there are no pictures of them on Valentines day. These pictures were taken the day after so I would assume they spent it alone.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Feb 2015, 00:31

5marcy5 wrote:It seems that for her birthday and for Valentine's Day that they would like to be alone being newlyweds.

George and Amal can be alone whenever they want to be.  If they had friends over for her BD and went out with friends for V Day then that was their personal decision.  It certainly doesn't imply anything more than that.  We don't know what goes on in their day to day lives.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next