George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Oscar noms, anyone?

+10
Katiedot
party animal - not!
Missa
fava
LornaDoone
Donnamarie
Nicky80
annemarie
Joanna
Way2Old4Dis
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscar noms, anyone?

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 Jan 2015, 21:49

Okay, I just read the screenplay for Selma, so after seeing the movie, I can offer my definitive opinion on its Oscar controversy.

Selma wasn't "snubbed." It's a movie with affecting visuals and some subtly powerful performances, but the story -- on paper and on the screen -- was disjointed and it managed to allow its core theme to be lost, mostly through scenes that shouldn't have been there and some mediocre ones that should have been sharper. The performances were fine, but I felt many of the actors were chosen more for how much they looked like the characters they portrayed than for how they could portray them. (Trying not to hold it against the whole movie, but Oprah Winfrey just always looks like Oprah pretending to be somebody else to me.)

So, no, the director was not snubbed. She didn't deserve to be nominated, because she didn't execute a compelling narrative into a compelling final form. Neither did the screenplay; it strayed too far too many times from the real spine of the story. The screenplay, frankly, would not have made it out of any writing workshop worth its salt. David Oyelowo (sp?), maybe, but I have no argument that any of the men who were nominated instead of him don't deserve it. So, you can't really say there was a snub there, either.

Which brings me back to the point I made earlier, which was then supposition but is now an opinion supported by informed observation. The Best Picture nomination for Selma was a token, a throwaway, meaningless,  charity offering. And that is unforgivably insulting.

I may have to turn in my Black membership card for that, but there it is.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 31 Jan 2015, 22:08

So are you still going for your original choices, Way2?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 31 Jan 2015, 22:13

Way2 I noticed that you had put Miller in as Director instead of Linklater. I assumed you just had BF (like you said) and let it go. Cause I know you know super cool
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 31 Jan 2015, 22:33

Way2 I won't argue with you over your views on Selma. You made a very articulate case and obviously with your expertise you saw weaknesses in the writing and execution that I just didn't see. I did find one scene trite but I actually didn't think the director went out of her to try and make the main characters look like the real people portrayed. I did think the actor who played Congressman Lewis did bear a close resemblance to him and I think Oyelowo did have a really strong performance.

I think you and I might argue over Boyhood though. I gave my opinion a week ago of how I think this movie was really overrated. I didn't find the storyline or the performances exceptional at all. Obviously I'm in the minority. Pratricia Arquette has already won a GG and SAG award for supporting actress. I didn't like her performance at all. She used to be on a TV show just a few years ago (can't remember the name) where she played a mom who dreamed of events happening before they actually happen. She played a harried mom in that and she just seems to playthe same character in this movie.
I still need to see Birdman, Theory of Everything and American Sniper. Right now The Imitation Game is tops on my list.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 Jan 2015, 22:54

Boyhood, to me, is a movie that is much, much better than the sum of its parts. It moved me despite its less-than-spectacular ingredients, and that's quite a feat for a director and actors to pull off. It's a big story told in a small way, and I'm a sucker for those. It's just a matter of taste.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 Jan 2015, 23:00

party animal - not! wrote:So are you still going for your original choices, Way2?

Yep.

I also think the song from Selma might win Original Song, and I have no problem with that.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 Jan 2015, 23:07

Donnamarie wrote:Way2 I noticed that you had put Miller in as Director instead of Linklater.  I assumed you just had BF (like you said) and let it go.  Cause I know you know super cool

Well, thank you. But if that stuff goes unchecked, I wind up finding my keys in the refrigerator sooner rather than later. :-)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 01 Feb 2015, 00:20

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:Way2 I noticed that you had put Miller in as Director instead of Linklater.  I assumed you just had BF (like you said) and let it go.  Cause I know you know super cool

Well, thank you. But if that stuff goes unchecked, I wind up finding my keys in the refrigerator sooner rather than later. :-)
And that's why I drove a nail into the wall right next to the front door and as soon I walk in the door those keys go right on the nail! 

Used to have a checklist posted by the door also for things I needed to check before I walked out but thankfully, no longer need that!  Was a fine day when I was able to take that down!  :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 05 Feb 2015, 22:18

Kind of tangent to the topic:

http://www.ssninsider.com/awards-2015-does-studio-oscar-swag-really-sway-voters-ssn-finds-out/

Awards 2015: Does Studio Oscar Swag Really Sway Voters? SSN Finds Out.

Comment
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Clock 05 Feb 2015
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Author By Zorianna Kit

Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Birdman-action-figure-1-330x330This awards season, studios have sent swag like Birdman action figures, How to Train Your Dragon 2 figurines, Baymax plushies, and cupcakes from Beverly Hills bakery Sprinkles, to critics and press groups in an effort to get their respective films voted on.
While the Motion Picture Academy strictly prohibits studios from sending its members any type of gift that ties into a movie, that doesn’t stop marketing departments or hired campaign firms from sending swag to journalists, be they members of the Broadcast Film Critics Association, Hollywood Foreign Press Association, or other voting bodies whose annually recognize film achievement.
But many members of these groups happen to also be members of guilds like SAG, WGA, PGA, and DGA. As pundits have pointed out, the awards those guild hand out are often precursors to the Oscar Awards. (Full disclosure: this reporter is a member of BFCA and SAG.) But do gifts really sway voters? SSN Insider spoke to various critics and guild members (on condition of anonymity) and the answer is, while some gifts are cool, they don’t influence voting, and in fact, can have the opposite effect.
“The more gaudy or outrageous the swag, the more I’m tempted not to vote for that film,” says a television producer and BFCA member. “That’s not what the film is about. You don’t have to butter me up. Just make a good movie and give a good performance.”
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Birdman-action-figure-e1423169345708-330x226“A lot of it is just tacky,” says a film critic and member of both BFCA and LAFCA. “Sending a huge glossy brochures about the virtues of Selma or [American] Sniper will not affect how I feel about those movies.” One particular voter has come to dread awards season, saying it’s the time of year when “you can hear the chainsaws revved up,” as trees are cut down to make paper for all the movie pamphlets, coffee table books, and scripts.
That’s not to say that critics and guild members don’t enjoy receiving swag, and Fox Searchlight’s Birdman action figure was cited by many as their top item. “When I got Birdman doll, the first thing I thought was, I wonder how much this would sell on EBay,” ponders one BFCA member. “Then I thought, if I could get it signed by Michael Keaton, it’ll be worth even more!”
Aside from the Birdman doll, another popular swag item was the miniature Lego figurine made in a voter’s likeness, complete with a personalized nametag. “Hands down my number-one favorite thing this year was getting Lego-fied,” says a voter. “Ninety percent of the items I get are junk, but this one is going on my shelf next to my Fargo snowglobe, Little Miss Sunshine minivan, and Waiting for Guffman lunchbox.”
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Most-violent-year-laserdisc-330x331So did he end up voting for Warner Bros.’ animated film? “Lego Movie was already on my top 10 list, so that was preaching to the choir,” he says. “Part of the reason I liked the figurine so much was because I loved the movie so much. But no [toy or] piece of chocolate will make me like a movie more.”
On the plus side, swag sent out on behalf of smaller films can draw attention to those films, which often don’t have the marketing budget of a major studio. One voter received a screener for A Most Violent Year packaged in a laser disk cover—a nod to the film’s ‘80s setting, which he found very impressive.
“That’s really ambitious for a small distributor like A24,” he says. “If I hadn’t seen the film already, a package like that makes you go, wow, they really believe in this movie so I better see it.”
Voters also received Sprinkles cupcakes for the Jennifer Aniston film, Cake, and black and white chocolates for the Kevin Costner movie, Black & White. But not all recipients appreciate the sweets. “I’m trying to lose weight and they keep sending food,” complains one HFPA member. “How am I expected to fit in to my black tie outfit when chocolates and cupcakes keep arriving?”
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 World-wildlife-fund-dragon-330x295Voters agree unanimously that Dreamworks sent out “endless” gifts relating to How to Train Your Dragon 2, including a black leather backpack inspired by Toothless the Dragon, vinyl figurines and a framed photograph of a Komodo dragon along with a certificate of adoption from the World Wildlife Fund. Some voters even got a bottle of chocolate raspberry vodka, none of whom could figure out how it connected to the film.
But when Warner Bros. announces that it’s cutting 1,000 jobs, or DreamWorks Animation pink-slips employees yet again in the wake of leadership shake-ups, not all voters appreciate the swag. “You get a gift from a studio and then read they’re laying off thousands of their staff,” observes one voter. “I’d rather live in a world where you don’t send voters Lego toys and instead keep families employed.”
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Baymax-330x330Most voters admit to only keeping several choice items and giving away the rest. Those interviewed said the Baymax plushie from Disney’s Big Hero Six was given away to nieces and nephews.
“Awards-related swag makes great stocking stuffers, especially for family members who live in the Mid-West,” says one voter. “A Mockingjay pin doesn’t mean anything to me, but it’ll make my niece’s year. We get so spoiled, it’s easy to forget others don’t have access to this kind of stuff.” One critic says he only kept his Lego head because of its usefulness as a storage container. The rest was dropped off at Goodwill.
“At the end of the day, it’s a huge sum of money that has zero effect on how good the movie is,” he says. “I may be impressed at the creativity behind it, but it never, ever changes the way I plan to vote.”

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 11 Feb 2015, 03:21

Well I read that Boyhood won best pic and Linklater won for best director at the BAFTAS on Sunday.  And Patricia Arquette won too.   Guess I'm not surprised but like I said before I wasn't impressed with this movie.  I'm in the minority.  Eddie Redmayne won best actor for Theory of Everything.  Also Julianne Moore won for Still Alice (she was terrific) and J.K. Simmons for Whiplash.

The Grand Budapest Hotel received the most awards including best original screenplay.

I still haven't seen all the movies up for Oscars but doesn't look like The Imitation Game won any of the top awards at the BAFTAS.  I really thought the acting and the storytelling was terrific.  

Saw American Sniper last weekend.  Really good film.  Eastwood is an excellent director.   I'm still scratching my head though trying to figure out how he could make such a fool of himself at the Republican National Convention two years ago.  I thought he was going to lose credibility as a director for that stupid move. But he has definitely rebounded.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 17 Feb 2015, 23:32

http://mentalfloss.com/article/61626/how-does-movie-qualify-best-picture-academy-award

How Does a Movie Qualify for a Best Picture Academy Award?

Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Sep28x28

Michael Arbeiter

Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Oscars_0

Image credit: 
getty images
It’s not enough that you release the finest feature film in a given year; in order to qualify for the Best Picture Oscar, you’ll have to meet a good number of Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences-ordained demands, particularly in regard to the distribution of your movie.

1. A MOVIE MUST BE FEATURE-LENGTH

The minimum runtime for a feature-length film is 40 minutes. That said, the shortest movie to ever win the Best Picture Oscar was the 90-minute Marty.

2. A MOVIE MUST RUN IN LOS ANGELES FOR A WEEK

A film can release all over the country, but if it doesn’t spend at least seven consecutive days in a commercial motion picture theater in Los Angeles County, it doesn’t make the cut.

3. AND THAT WEEK MUST LAND IN THE YEAR BEFORE ITS RESPECTIVE OSCAR CEREMONY

A film will only be eligible for the Academy Awards competition immediately following the calendar year in which its Los Angeles run takes place. Said run can begin any time between January 1 and December 31.

4. A MOVIE MUST NOT BROADCAST IN NON-THEATRICAL FORMAT BEFORE RELEASING IN L.A.

Here’s one that caused a bit of trouble during the Academy’s assessment of eligibility for films released in 2014 (specifically The Babadook). A film cannot release on television, on DVD, on Video on demand/Pay-per-view, or via legal release on the Internet prior to its qualifying Los Angeles County run.

5. BUT A MOVIE MAY RELEASE IN OTHER THEATERS BEFORE RELEASING IN L.A.

In fact, there’s some leeway here. A film can release anytime in the calendar year prior to the calendar year in consideration for a given Academy Awards competition, so long as its venue is a commercial motion picture theater, and no other form of release is permitted through its eventual qualifying week in Los Angeles.

6. FOREIGN FILMS HAVE ADDITIONAL FLEXIBILITY

On top of the allowances permitted to domestically released movies, as described above, films first released outside of the United States may actually release on TV, DVD, VOD/PPV, etc., so long as no such release permeates the U.S. (legitimately).

7. FESTIVAL RELEASES ARE ALSO OKAY

A movie’s inclusion in a film festival lineup doesn’t have much bearing on its Academy Award eligibility when it comes to the Best Picture race. It will, however, prove substantial in the contention of short features and documentary shorts, wherein a film can usurp an otherwise disqualifying lack of commercial run if it has won a prize at a qualifying competitive festival.

8. ENGLISH SUBTITLES MUST BE INCLUDED IN ALL FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILMS

Despite the general complicity with this rule, only nine foreign language movies have ever been nominated for Best Picture: Grand Illusion (French), Z (French), The Emigrants (Swedish) Cries and Whispers (Swedish), Il Postino (Italian), Life Is Beautiful (Italian), Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Mandarin), Letters from Iwo Jima (Japanese), and Amour (French). Not a one of them has won.

9. THERE ARE HIGHLY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS REGARDING A MOVIE’S VISUAL AND AUDIO FORMAT

Finally, a movie must meet the following technical standards if it is to submit for candidacy in an Academy Award competition:
Images must project on 35mm or 70mm film, or via digital format in 24 or 48 frames per second with a minimum projector resolution of 2048 by 1080 pixels. Screen images must conform to the ST 428-1:2006 D-Cinema Distribution Master (DCDM) format for standard cinematic distribution display. If compressed images are utilized, they must conform to the JPEG 2000/ISO/IEC 15444-1 format.
Audio data broadcast in stereo format must configure at three channels of sound: right, left, and center. Data will meet the format of industry standards for audio transmission, ST 428-2:2006 D-Cinema Distribution Master for Audio Characteristics, and ST 428-3:2006 D-Cinema Distribution Master for Audio Channel Mapping and Channel Labeling.
And as for the representatives of the films being nominated…

10. NOMINATED PARTIES MUST BE CREDITED AS “PRODUCER”

This is a highly specific regulation. A party’s name must be accompanied by a “Producer” or “Produced by” credit displayed onscreen during the film. Credits including “executive producer,” “associate producer,” “line producer,” and others of the like do not count!

11. ONLY THREE PRODUCERS ON A FILM WILL BE NOMINATED FOR A BEST PICTURE OSCAR

If there are more than three producers credited on a film, the three with the most significant contribution to the movie’s production will be deemed eligible. The Academy has the final say in which three earn this distinction.

12. BUT THEY WILL MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR CERTAIN PRODUCER PARTNERSHIPS

Two producers may submit for nomination as a paired nominee if they share an established professional partnership that has been active for the past five years or more and they have partnered on the production of two or more films in the past.
.view-article-new-bottom- a{ color: #04bfc3; font-weight: 400; } .view-article-new-bottom- { padding-bottom: 30px; } .view-article-new-bottom- h2{ font-size:23px;} .img_bot{ float: left; }

February 17, 2015 - 9:45am

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 18 Feb 2015, 09:26

Do we assume that George won't be attending this year in any capacity? even given that it's Mrs C's first outing proper??
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 18 Feb 2015, 11:54

If he would go JUST to premiere his wife to the Oscars, that would NOT be George.  He's not nominated for anything, nor will he be presenting, so no reason to attend.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Feb 2015, 12:48

Totally agree, Mel. I should think he'd be really happy NOT to go. He's not a huge fan of these things and I think has actually said that he doesn't enjoy the red carpet.

Hometown boy at heart, who loves having his friends around him......or as David Letterman said he brings his own party with him.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Feb 2015, 13:21

I agree Mel & pan......I think he'll be greatly pleased 
that there's no plan for them to be at the Oscars
this year.

More Casamigos drinking time at home 
I'd imagine !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 18 Feb 2015, 13:53

I agree, melbert, PAN and Joanna. I don't think George wants to go to the Oscars nor does he necessarily enjoy it that much.  And we don't know he and Amal's schedules either so probably lots of good reasons not to go.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 19 Feb 2015, 00:01

http://www.ssninsider.com/awards-2015-inside-the-swankiest-oscar-gifting-suites/

Awards 2015: Inside the Swankiest Oscar Gifting Suites

Comment
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Clock 18 Feb 2015
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Author By Zorianna Kit

Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 81st-AA-Red-Carpet-Oscars-337x252Getting Oscar-ready may require fittings, special diets and fitness training sessions. However, the gifting suites and lounges in Los Angeles held in the days leading up to the Academy Awards also ensure celebs get pampered with manicures, spray tans and facials while browsing for accessories to wear on the red carpet like watches, jewelry and handbags. They also get showered with free gifts from vendors ready to offer nominees everything from luxury resort trips, to face creams, to headphones and more.
The freebie fest kicks off Wednesday and runs through Saturday, the day before the 87th Annual Academy Awards air on Sunday. And don’t worry if you don’t take home a statue because one company is even offering a “loser gift bag” this year that will make you feel like a winner. Below is just a taste of what there is to offer, as other yet-to-be announced lounges are still readying their invites. Whatever you choose, don’t forget to RSVP!
Roger Neal Style Hollywood Beauty & Couture Suite
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Roger-neal-suite-e1424284191366-330x292Date: Wednesday Feb. 18 to Friday Feb. 20, 9:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. at the Luxe Hotel on Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills
Highlights: On-site services include manicures, spray tanning, massages and hairstyling. Lingerie designer Ronda Shear, will be unveiling her new line of couture gowns at the suite. Stars will get thank-you gift bags containing, among other items, a stay at the Belleek Castle in Ireland.
Past Attendees: Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, past Oscar nominees including Quvenzhane Wallis and Annie Mumolo and Oscar winners such as actress Marcia Gay Harden, make-up artist Robin Mathews, and filmmaker Michel Hazanavicius.
Expected Guests: Oscar nominees such as producer Helen Estabrook (Whiplash), composer Johann Johansson (The Theory of Everything) and songwriter Dianne Warren (Beyond the Lights).
Kari Feinstein’s Pre-Academy Awards Style Lounge Presented By Painted Woman By Kameco
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 PhilipMartin_TMG_Oscars_109-e1424285447627-330x311Date: Thursday Feb. 19th and Friday Feb. 20th from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Andaz Hotel in West Hollywood.
Highlights: Painted Woman by Kameo will be giving services from their blow out, beauty and nail bars. Stars can pick-up Chariot luggage, OtterBox phone and tablet cases, and trips to the Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas.
Past Attendees: Oscar winner Adrian Brody, Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain, Jeremy Piven, Michael B. Jordan, Olivia Munn, Dominic Monaghan, Cheryl Hines and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
Expected Guests: Aaron Paul, Gina Rodriguez, Rashida Jones, Cloris Leachman, Fred Melamed, former basketball player Rick Fox and Sports Illustrated model Gigi Hadid.
Secret Room Events Beauty Bar and Luxury Lounge
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Bruce-Dern-e1424284320580-330x278Date: Friday February 20th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the W Hotel in Westwood.
Highlights: Trips to resorts and cruises to Budapest, Bahamas, Cook Islands and Thailand. Swim and resort wear from Letarte, Murad skincare, and Swarovski encrusted sandals by Uzurri.
Past Attendees: Oscar nominees James Woods and Bruce Dern, and Oscar winners such as screenwriter John Ridley, editor Christopher Rouse and sound engineers Christopher Benstead and Niv Adiri.
Gbk Pre-Oscar Awards
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Melissa_mccarthy_1-e1424284279322-330x284Date: Thursday February 20th and Friday February 21st from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at L’Ermitage Hotel
Highlights: Trips to resorts in India and Waikiki, gift certificates for teeth whitening and solar chargers.
Past Attendees: Oscar winner Nat Faxon, Oscar nominee Melissa McCarthy, Ben Falcone, Chris Tucker, Penny Marshall, Sugar Ray Leonard, Olympic medalist Gracie Gold, Bruce Greenwood
Expected Guests: Oscar nominated filmmakers Richard Linklater (Boyhood) and Morten Tyldum (The Imitation Game) and composer Gary Yershon (Mr. Turner).
Tmg Beauty & Style Destination Pre-Oscar Luxury Lounge
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Kristin-Chenoweth-Gifting-Suite-e1424284298771-330x323Date: Thursday Feb. 20 through Saturday Feb. 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Beverly Hilton Hotel’s Penthouse Suites.
Highlights: Services include everything from custom caviar facials to brow shaping to lash extensions. There will be a jewelry lounge and a kid’s lounge with Strawberry Shortcake collection dolls and organic baby products.
Past Attendees: Dan Bucatinsky, Oscar nominated filmmakers Jennifer Nelson Yuh and Melissa Cobb.
Expected Guests: Oscar nominees including costumer designer Milena Canonero (The Grand Budapest Hotel), hair and make designers Frances Hannon (The Grand Budapest Hotel) and Dennis Liddiard (Foxcatcher).
DEBBIE DURKIN’S ECOLUXE LOUNGE
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Robert-lopez-e1424284214286-330x273Date: Saturday, Feb. 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Beverly Hilton Hotel’s Stardust Penthouse.
Highlights: This suite focuses on being eco-friendly while pampering and gifting guests. There will be a blow-dry bar, organic spray tans, and “glamping” vacations from Under Canvas to such locations as Glacier Park, Yellowstone and the Moab Desert.
Past Attendees: Penny Marshall, Oscar winner Robert Lopez and past nominees like producer Reginald Hudlin, cinematographer Seamus McGarvey, director Chris Butler and producer Arianne Sutner
Expected Guests: Oscar nominees like sound mixer Ben Wilkins (Whiplash) and screenwriter E. Max Frye (Foxcatcher), and make-up and hair nominees Elizabeth Yianni-Georgiou (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Mark Coulier (The Grand Budapest Hotel).
Wow Creations Lifestyle Gifting Retereat
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Neilpatrickharris-e1424284233929-330x298Date: Saturday Feb. 21 at the Luxe Hotel’s Rodeo Penthouse from 10 a.m .to 5 p.m.
Highlights: Portable kettleball workout system from Koreball, Radar watches, anti-aging products from EMK Placenta, luxury towels from Grand Maison de Blanc and faux-fur vests from designer Kathy Fielder.
Past Attendees: Neil Patrick Harris, Oscar winning film editor Christopher Rouse and Oscar nominated make-up designer Joel Harlow
Expected Guests: Past nominees Barkhad Abdi and June Squibb, astronaut Buzz Aldrin and boxer Victor Ortiz
Distinctive Assets “Everybody Wins At The Oscars” Gift Bag
Oscar noms, anyone? - Page 2 Distinctive-assets-1-e1424285429726-330x242Nominees in the actor categories that do not win the gold statuette won’t leave empty handed. Rather, they will receive a gift bag valued in excess of $125,000 from Distinctive Assets.
Among the items are stays at the Villa Armea Luxury Hotel in Tuscany (pictured left), a years worth of Audi car service rentals from Silvercar, and Lipo-Light treatments that use non-invasive L.E.D light technology to help lose inches off the body.
Halo Natural Pet Food will also be making 10,000 meal donations in celebs’ names to an animal shelter or rescue of their choice, something that last year’s “loser” nominees Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Barkhad Abdi and June Squibb redeemed.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 22 Feb 2015, 10:24

Pix in Hollywood reporter of the clooneys at pre oscars bun fight

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 12:09

Thanks, I opened a new thread

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t6243-george-clooney-at-the-oscar-night-before-party-2015
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 22 Feb 2015, 18:16

E! Has the red carpet on TV for UK !

Good Luck to Benedict tonight sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 23 Feb 2015, 05:04

Good thing I didn't bet money...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 23 Feb 2015, 06:20

I'm surprised who won the best actor award. Never thought it will be him...oh well.....
Night full of surprises.....
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 23 Feb 2015, 14:36

I knew it was a possibility, but I really thought it would come down to Cumberbatch or Keaton. So I'm a tad surprised.

Didn't think Birdman would be the big winner it was. Liked the movie, and love Michael Keaton, so I have no issues with the choice.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 23 Feb 2015, 17:35

The full Oscar show is here.....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 23 Feb 2015, 18:21

thank you Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 23 Feb 2015, 18:55

Hope you enjoy the Oscars show IM.

I spent a pleasant time watching it 
this afternoon while the wind blew outside.
I thought the stage setting was more
classy than at any other times.
The performance of the song Glory
was magnificent.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 24 Feb 2015, 00:09

not already time to see it
I hope soon Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 24 Feb 2015, 03:54

Biggest surprise was Eddie Redmayne winning.  Only because all the talk was for Keaton.  But I watched The Theory of Everything on Saturday and Redmayne was absolutely wonderful and so convincing as Hawking.  He did win the Golden Globe and the SAG for best actor.  

It was not surprising that Patricial Arquette won or Julianne Moore won for their roles.  Have to say I appreciated Arquette's acceptance speech last night  more than her acting in Boyhood.  Don't remember his name but was happy for the guy who won best adapted screenplay for The Imitation Game.  And thought his acceptance speech was incredibly moving.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 24 Feb 2015, 15:59

Although I expected Eddie to win I thought 
that Benedict was more worthy playing
Alan Turing. I think that Eddie had an advantage 
by looking very similar to his subject whereas 
Benedict became Turing, if you understand what 
I mean.
The winner of the adapted screenplay for Imitation
Game was very honest and moving, as you said
Donnamarie.
All in all the Awards season this year has been
very good for British films.  sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum