George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Extended life in Europe EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Extended life in Europe EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Extended life in Europe EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Extended life in Europe EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Extended life in Europe EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Extended life in Europe EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Extended life in Europe EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Extended life in Europe EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Extended life in Europe EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Extended life in Europe

+5
annemarie
Joanna
Picachu
Katiedot
PigPen
9 posters

Go down

Extended life in Europe Empty Extended life in Europe

Post by PigPen Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:48

Sorry American Fans but he belongs now to our European time zone -- from Nicky 80

Having a thought about this... George spending extensive time in Europe, probably England to be with Amal.   He always spends the summer in Como, we all know this.  And he always has his buddies come visit.  What happens when it's not summer in Como. Here's my thought...typically when he lives in LA  on a day-to-day basis off holiday season, he can hang with the boys  like Grant, Matt and Ben or Rande.  Have lunch, ride the motorcycles.  You know, kill some time doing guy stuff.  Cabo for the long week-end. What do you think is in store when he's geographically away for long periods of time, and no long time friends to hang out with.  Not trying to be a wet blanket, just typing some thoughts.  This is going to be a big adjustment, not just marital status wise. What do others think? Me, I think he'll do the London by the wife's side in the beginning, but let's face it, he needs the boys, and he's always said these friendship are very important to him.  Telephones and sky cam really won't cut it.  My bet is as time goes by and the initial thrill of being with the wife wears off, he'll be in LA more than we currently believe he will.

Discuss...  Very Happy  ( or not Razz )

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Extended life in Europe Empty Re: Extended life in Europe

Post by Katiedot Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:03

I'm not sure that he is going to spend more time in the UK. In Italy, however? Maybe. It's commute-able from London for Amal and it's his summer home.

His job takes him to all sorts of weird and wonderful places around the planet and I don't think that'll change any time soon, so whatever he does for company now is what he'll do for company in the future.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Mon 15 Sep 2014, 19:34

the closer the better, im not complaining Smile
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:42

I believe that George is not all "Free time and Play time"
any way. He packs in a helluva lot of real work, as seen by the making of MM last year.
He's got many projects on the go from this Autumn, as I understand it. 
So I'd imagine his life will be as normal, no matter where he lives during the day or where he puts his head on the pillow at night.
I believe George is a workaholic, always was, always will be. His health permitting of course.

Just my random thoughts on a Monday evening, in UK.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 15 Sep 2014, 21:55

I think he will continue to live in Los Angeles his work and office are there. I do think he will be with Amal when he is not working and she is working She  will come to Los Angeles when she is not working.I also think they will have a home for the two of them in London.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Sep 2014, 00:38

Their diairies must look very interesting!

Let's not forget he has an entire editing studio in Italy - similar size to the villa - and carries his work with him too.. When he was filming Tomorrowland in Vancouver he had an editing machine with him for when he wasn't needed on the set.

They will manage - where's there's a will.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Sep 2014, 15:44

Good points made by all.  But my original point is George and his need to be with the boys. And being "home in LA".  Every day life can drag on when your base support group is at a distance for a long period of time.  Yes, he's been away from home before and obviously coped well.  But this is "til death do you part".  My thoughts lean toward "hey Grant, lets grab the motorcycles and get some lunch.. I need to talk" type of thing. Hopefully, I've expressed my thought clearly, but maybe not.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 16 Sep 2014, 16:01

I guess you did right
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 16 Sep 2014, 16:49

You make good points PigPen. I agree. But things will change. Having a wife certainly changes all those old habits. But I do think he needs his guy friends. He loves them and they have been a big part of his life. Time will tell.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 16 Sep 2014, 19:25

George's production company is in LA. That's where the studios are, even if they're owned by multinational conglomerates, so that's where the down-and-dirty business of producing gets done. He has to be available at a moment's notice when he has a project going, not 10 hours away, and not by Skype. He can't afford the perception that he's unavailable ("Oh, he lives in London; let's get somebody else"), and things like casting and pre-sales start in his (LA) backyard.

Sure, he'll spend more time in Europe, but I don't think it's going to be a whole hell of a lot.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down