George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence

+33
theminis
Silje
Doug Ross
Atalante
it's me
Boshkash
LJN2606
Butterfly
monaco
Donnamarie
jd68
Cece42
isogotit
Picachu
hathaross
Alisonfan
Jenn
The next mrs clooney
catwoman
Bidbod
lelacorb
LornaDoone
Way2Old4Dis
What Would He Say
Sevens
Joanna
fridadereval
amaretti
LizzyNY
annemarie
melbert
PigPen
Nicky80
37 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence

Post by Doug Ross Tue 09 Sep 2014, 13:10

Sevens, thank you so much for the video. Love4Love4

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal to visit the Celebrity Fight Night Foundation in Florence

Post by catwoman Tue 09 Sep 2014, 16:30

I don t want to be bad, but that kiss more boring! I don t see any emotion on your face while kissing . George seems to be kissing a wall
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 09 Sep 2014, 16:59

Can't open any of the videos.  Anyone else having problems?

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:22

Sevens wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

video...George speech

Thanks for posting this link Sevens. Now we get to hear for ourselves what G actually said rather then reading the papers version of it.

The way he said it sounds like he means the wedding is in Venice  not that he met A in Venice.

He said he loved her very much from the podium which is the kind of thing people usually say during Award cermonies.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:29

Did I understand it right that he did say he met her in Italy? 

(Thanks sevens for the video  Thumbs up!)
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:34

Nicky80 wrote:Did I understand it right that he did say he met her in Italy? 

(Thanks sevens for the video  Thumbs up!)
Yes Nicky. He said he met her in Italy and that he is getting married in Italy.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:37

Coolio thanks....Wonder where they have met. I'm so nosy hehehe....No wonder they want to be in Italy and spend most of their time there....I guess his LA home will be his vacation home now. 

Sorry American Fans but he belongs now to our European time zone  Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 10 Sep 2014, 01:16

The guest sitting next to him is Yolande Foster. She's from Holland. She had her own reality show. LINK What a small world.  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 10 Sep 2014, 04:56

Atalante wrote:The guest sitting next to him is Yolande Foster. She's from Holland. She had her own reality show. LINK What a small world.  Laughing

Is she married to David Foster?  Wow!  Now that's cool!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 05:44

LornaDoone wrote:
Atalante wrote:The guest sitting next to him is Yolande Foster. She's from Holland. She had her own reality show. LINK What a small world.  Laughing

I believe the women he is sitting next to in the blue gown is Andrea Bocellis wife, Yolanda Foster also attended with her husband David Foster, she is on the reality show "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills".

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 10 Sep 2014, 07:22

The woman sitting next to George is
'Veronica Bocelli, Andrea Bocelli's second wife.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 10 Sep 2014, 08:37

A full video of them leaving the building:

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:47

Cece42 wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:

I believe the women he is sitting next to in the blue gown is Andrea Bocellis wife, Yolanda Foster also attended with her husband David Foster, she is on the reality show "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills".
Cool ? I don't know. "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" ... housewives they are not.  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 10 Sep 2014, 19:02

Sevens wrote:A full video of them leaving the building:

Thanks again for posting videos Sevens. The first video is really good, you get to hear G talk more to the woman in the street. Even offering her a ride and saying he is good driver.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:22

yes the first video is better. I didn't see before that the husband of the lady who talsk to George was in a wheelchair. It was nice of George to recognize him too. What did he say "Hello my brother"  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 10 Sep 2014, 21:59

I liked the way Amal appeared to "know her place"
as it were, and just walked on smiling about her man's
attitude to strangers. 
Quite a normal reaction it seemed to me and not pushy.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:01

"Know her place"   This, coming from you. Joanna, I'm shocked!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 10 Sep 2014, 22:44

I don't agree Joanna
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 11 Sep 2014, 00:16

I thought the same thing, Joanna.  She's not wandering off to talk to people, or waving at the crowd as though anyone's there to see her.  Nice to see her just being supportive and looking proud.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 11 Sep 2014, 00:22

Laughing Yeah, listen to sugar daddy.
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 11 Sep 2014, 00:23

.........oh, and there's no hand on the hips red carpet stuff........she's more like Lucy Damon in that way

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 11 Sep 2014, 00:33

I thought the same thing, PAN.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 11 Sep 2014, 00:40

party animal - not! wrote: Laughing .........oh, and there's no hand on the hips red carpet stuff........she's more like Lucy Damon in that way

I don't  know anything about Lucy Damon. But Amal is not in showbiz so she doesn't need to sell herself at the red carpet. Georges's previous girlfriends were in the biz so they were of course walking like professionals (same as George) to promote themselves.

Last edited by Silje on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 00:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 11 Sep 2014, 01:29

Joanna wrote:I liked the way Amal appeared to "know her place"
as it were, and just walked on smiling about her man's
attitude to strangers. 
Quite a normal reaction it seemed to me and not pushy.

Wow did we just turn back the clock a century?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 11 Sep 2014, 01:32

I don't think she meant it in the "barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen" sense.  Just that compared to her predecessors, she understands that she's not the star of this particular show.  If George were to accompany her to a dinner where she was to receive an award for her work, I'd expect the same from him.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 11 Sep 2014, 01:43

And I think that's the way he'd behave too.

She has a way of looking down every so often doesn't she? Noticed that when she was outside the Carlyle talking to a friend.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 11 Sep 2014, 18:46

They look great in this pic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 11 Sep 2014, 18:47

He looks photoshopped, though I know he isn't.  Know what I mean?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 11 Sep 2014, 20:19

No PP.....I haven't a clue what you mean.

It's a lovely photo, confirmed by many others taken at the same time, not to mention videos.
It was a special wonderful occasion as far as I'm concerned, for our photo collection.
May not get another like it for some time !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 11 Sep 2014, 20:22

I know it isn't photoshopped.  .  Read my posting again.. I said it LOOKS like it's been photoshopped.  IMO.  Okay ?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:19

Here is the video of the speech without the Italian speaking voice 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:29

Yet again, I've got plenty of nothing.  Doesn't open Nicky   I dunno   Is it my computer ( rhetorical question) or is anyone else stuck with a silent black scree?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 11 Sep 2014, 21:30

The video seems to be slow and take a while until it plays. Did you try the links?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:05

No sound, but the picture is clear. LOL

ps/  does he pronounce it Amal or Amul ?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:07

Amal.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:10

Pigpen, hope this one works for you

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 12 Sep 2014, 08:32

Here is Vanity Fair's take on The Speech. 

BY GEORGE!Watch George Clooney Declare His Love for Fiancée Amal Alamuddin

BY JOSH DUBOFF

SEPTEMBER 11, 2014 3:39 PM

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s wedding—and the corresponding media hubbub—has somewhat stolen the thunder of what had been primed to be the wedding of the fall: the impending union between future Downton Abbey George Clooney andlawyer Amal Alamuddin. But it’s time to put that white dress you marked up in crayon in the closet and pour yourself a glass of Italian wine, because Clooney is ready to reclaim the spotlight.

On Sunday, at a dinner in Tuscany, Clooney was given a Humanitarian Award and fêted as guest of honor by Celebrity Fight Night. He brought along Alamuddin, for their first joint red-carpet appearance, and, in his acceptance speech, he revealed that the duo would be getting married “in a couple of weeks” in Venice.

And now we have been gifted with video footage (!!) of Clooney’s speech at the event, a clip about which we have many thoughts, including:

1) Why does it appear that this gala is taking place in a sixth-grade orchestra classroom during recess?

2) We are very intrigued by the “heh” at 0:23 after Clooney reveals he will be married in Italy in a few weeks. It’s the sort of noise you make when someone tells a not-so-great joke but you feel the need to placate them and offer a negligible, inauthentic grunt. Weird for this moment/in this context!

3) The woman who moans, “Oh my god,” at 0:42 (after Clooney tells Alamuddin he loves her) deserves an invitation to Clooney’s wedding (and also, in our dream world, would narrate all YouTube videos).

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 08:39; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : changed font size and add video)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 08:36

Funny Silje, I just posted the same article in the Venice thread  Razz We are on the ball today hehehe  alien
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 08:40

I found that noise HEH weird two what they mention as number two in they article. But maybe this is an English impression to do which I don't get as none English????
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:03

Nicky - That "Heh" is a sort of laugh that, in this context means "Can you believe it? I'm getting married!" - as if he can't believe it himself.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:08

To me, it was like, "It's a big fucking deal and the thought terrifies me, but I'm doing it because I love her that much."

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:31

LizzyNY wrote:Nicky - That "Heh" is a sort of laugh that, in this context means "Can you believe it? I'm getting married!" - as if he can't believe it himself.
Exactly. It's not the first time that I heard him say this "heh".

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:37

Way2Old - Went back and watched it again ( for the 100th time!) and I can see what you meant. Could be you're right.

Don't get me wrong, it was very impressive that he said what he did - and I don't doubt that he loves her - but to me it sounded very emotionless and businesslike - more a statement than a declaration. I guess it was his actor's training kicking in - probably rehearsed in his head for hours. But I wasn't there - maybe it sounded more real in person.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:45

Yeah, my heart strings weren't pulled when I saw it. Nice words, though, and a BFD coming from him.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 12 Sep 2014, 13:56

Way2Old - HUGE fuckin' deal! Considering it's the first time he's ever made a public declaration about any woman in his life, I hope it lasts longer than all his un-declared relationships.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 12 Sep 2014, 14:01

I think the reporter's three points are stupid! Really?! OMG, the fact that George was able to declare his love for Amal in front of hundreds of people gets a lot of credit. Please don't over analyze what he said. And the "heh" is so Clooney. It's his style. The woman's voice on the video is Amal's. She certainly was very touched by his pronouncement. I do not think it was rehearsed. The stage was set for Bocelli's performance. The reporter should have known that.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 12 Sep 2014, 17:42

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - Went back and watched it again ( for the 100th time!) and I can see what you meant. Could be you're right.

Don't get me wrong, it was very impressive that he said what he did - and I don't doubt that he loves her - but to me it sounded very emotionless and businesslike - more a statement than a declaration. I guess it was his actor's training kicking in - probably rehearsed in his head for hours. But I wasn't there - maybe it sounded more real in person.

I agree

the voice was from Michelle Hunziker
the presenter
near to him on the stage
the only one with a mic

an old vid with her

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 12 Sep 2014, 18:49

Donnamarie wrote:I think the reporter's three points are stupid!  Really?!  OMG,  the fact that George was able to declare his love for Amal in front of hundreds of people gets a lot of credit.  Please don't over analyze what he said.  And the "heh" is so Clooney. It's his style. The woman's voice on the video is Amal's.  She certainly was very touched by his pronouncement.  I do not think it was rehearsed.  The stage was set for Bocelli's performance.  The reporter should have known that.  
The voice is Amal's?  How loud did she say it, that it was picked up by a mic?  She'd have to have screamed it.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 12 Sep 2014, 18:53

Nope. It's Michelle Hunziker who was compering the evening

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 12 Sep 2014, 18:56

I was going to say... "damn, that broad has good lungs.  don't piss her off.  George would never win an argument. "

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next