George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel

+3
watching
Dexterdidit
Merlin
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  Empty George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel

Post by Merlin Thu 07 Apr 2011, 07:22

George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel - though no word yet on Jennifer Lopez as love interest...

Last updated at 2:15 AM on 7th April 2011

George Clooney is being lined up to star in a sequel to Out Of Sight, the hit film which sealed his breakthrough as a big screen actor, the Daily Mail can reveal.
Clooney played charming bank-robber Jack Foley, who falls for Jennifer Lopez’s beautiful U.S. Marshall Karen Sisco, in the 1998 film.
Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the film catapulted Clooney, then best-known for playing Dr Doug Ross in the medical television series ER, to movie stardom – and featured steamy scenes of the screen heartthrob locked in a car boot with popstar Jennifer.

Out Of Sight was based on a novel by Elmore Leonard, the legendary American crime writer. And Leonard, 85, today revealed that he has asked Clooney, 49, to revive the role in a sequel, called Road Dogs.

He told the Mail: ‘Clooney is one of the few actors who can deliver the words exactly the way that I heard them when I wrote them.
'I’ve sent the new book to George. The role is the same guy as Out Of Sight. I don’t know if he’s read it yet though.’
Road Dogs picks up the story with Foley leaving prison in Florida and travelling to California, where he gets caught up with a dangerous crime boss and his fortune-teller girlfriend.
Leonard, who published his first novel in 1953, is also in discussions with Samuel L Jackson and Morgan Freeman to star in an action thriller about the modern-day Somali pirates, based on his book Djibouti.
Sandra Bullock has also been approached to play the lead role, a plucky documentary filmmaker, said to be part-inspired by Kathryn Bigelow, the Oscar-winning film director of The Hurt Locker.
Leonard said the only actor who could equal Clooney when it came to delivering his hard-boiled dialogue was Timothy Olyphant, who stars as U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens in Justified, the drama series set to return to Channel 5 USA.
Based on Leonard’s stories, the Kentucky-set series features Olyphant as a hard-bitten lawman who dispenses his own kind of justice.
Leonard, who has written more than 40 novels, says he has no plans to retire. He said: ‘I might as well keep going. They pay me $12,500 every time Justified goes out as executive producer. I figure I should do something for the money.’
Justified: Season 2 starts on 5USA on the 20th April at 10pm.
Justified is based on Elmore Leonard's novels which include Pronto and Riding the Rap (Phoenix; £7.99), and feature the character U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens. Elmore's latest book Djibouti is currently available in hardback (W&N; £18.99).

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  Empty Re: George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 07 Apr 2011, 07:30

Doubt Jennifer would do it. George didn't like her attitude back then I doubt he could stand her now. Would be interesting I loved the original. Hope there is another bath scene if they do do it again!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel  Empty Re: George Clooney set for Out Of Sight sequel

Post by watching Thu 07 Apr 2011, 08:13

How if George set for the sequel? The bloke just sent him the book. No script, no studio, no financing. Maybe until he gets a no direct from George, he thinks he has a production in the works.

The guy is just trying to sell a few more copies of his book by trading on the name of a couple of actors.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:13

I love Jack F., but hasn't to much time past for a sequel, George a little to old? I hope they don't ruin it with the sequel, which happens to often
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Apr 2011, 15:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In case you're wondering where you read this before, Caged Goods on IMDb points out that this has been an ongoing project for two years and George has already turned it down once - click url=https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/09/00/81/49/dailyf10.jpg]here for link[/url]

It seems Elmore Leonard hasn't given up on it though: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] s-sights-at-c5-usa-justified-launch786650/

"In the Q&A that follows, we learn that Leonard is trying to persuade George Clooney to reprise his role as bank-robber Jack Foley in a sequel to the 1998 hit film Out Of Sight, which was based on an Elmore story.

Leonard says: “Clooney is one of the few actors who can deliver the words exactly the way that I heard them when I wrote them. I’ve sent the new book (Road Dogs) to George. The role is the same guy as Out Of Sight. I don’t know if he’s read it yet though..... The Southern accents are just right. Like Clooney, you don’t often get an actor who speaks it the way you heard it when you wrote it.”

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Thu 07 Apr 2011, 16:35

I've read the book Road Dogs. Not as good as Out of Sight and there's not much of JLo's character in the book. It was OK but definitely not one of Leonore's finest books. I think this is why he turned it down. However, in the book his character Jack was in prison for quite a while so the fact that he's aged wouldn't be much of an issue.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:08

If done properly I would love this to happen. The movie would probably only loosely follow the book and Karen Sisco could quite easily be mentioned in passing and not seen. I don't think George is too old for it. In fact - and just my opinion of course - now would be the perfect time for it.
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down