George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney

2 posters

Go down

True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney Empty True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Mon 07 Jul 2014, 22:04

True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney

This might seem like an odd one. Though George Clooney would likely make a fine addition to True Detective’s cast, that’s not what brings us here today. More than his acting prowess, it’s Clooney’s directing skills that make him a more likely candidate. His films Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Good Night and Good Luck and The Ides of March all have a quiet, subtle power behind them. Even though Clooney has a role in every film that he directs, it’s possible that he’d be willing to step back for True Detective.

If there’s one thing that those three films have in common it’s that they all have a touch of noir to them. Even Good Night and Good Luck, which is based on true events, is shot like an old noir film. If True Detective continues in that direction, and there is currently no reason to think that it won’t, Clooney has a fair amount of experience leading it.

Every film that Clooney has had an acting role in every film that he’s directed, making this particular match even less likely. George Clooney directing and starring in True Detective? Not likely to happen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney Empty Re: True Detective Dream Director: George Clooney

Post by Missa Tue 08 Jul 2014, 01:48

He'd be great as an actor for this, but I don't think it's up his alley as a director.  Seeing as how it's a six month commitment, I doubt he'd make himself available to join the cast.  Too bad, I think it'd be amazing.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down