George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyToday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse - George CLooney invited

+4
lelacorb
Silje
Joanna
Nicky80
8 posters

Go down

Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited Empty Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse - George CLooney invited

Post by Nicky80 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 11:58

Fugitive Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse with catwalk coming to the Ecuadorean Embassy

• Wikileaks founder wanted for extradition to Sweden on sex assault charges
  • Sought asylum in the Ecuadorean Embassy in London two years ago
  • Has cost the British taxpayer £6m in police bills since then
  • He will be joined at the embassy by six models to show off outfits designed by Dame Vivienne Westwood's son Ben
  • George Clooney and fiancee Amal Alamuddin invited to attend

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is planning to take part in London Fashion Week as a model

Julian Assange is still cocking a snook at the establishment. The Australian founder of WikiLeaks, who has cost the British taxpayer £6million in police bills since seeking asylum in the Ecuadorean Embassy two years ago, continues to receive celebrity visitors such as Lady Gaga and hold press conferences via video link.
But in his most brazen move yet, I hear he is planning to take part in London Fashion Week as a model.
Assange, wanted for extradition to Sweden on sex assault charges, will not even have to risk arrest by leaving his bolt-hole, as the catwalk is coming to him.
Assange, 42, will be joined at the embassy — opposite Harrods — by six models to show off outfits designed by Dame Vivienne Westwood’s son, Ben.
The clothes have been inspired by actor Clint Eastwood’s costume in his spaghetti western films, and the show will be accompanied by music from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.
Hollywood actor George Clooney and his lawyer fiancee, Amal Alamuddin — who has acted as part of Assange’s defence team — have been invited to attend.
Ben Westwood, 51, says: ‘I want to highlight Julian Assange’s plight. What happened to him is totally unfair.’

He adds that inspiration for some of the clothes on show has come from Assange himself and his combat/beret look.
‘I’ve designed something for him along those lines and will be getting him to wear it,’ says Ben.
‘I’ve got another garment with a Julian Assange print.’

Assange, 42, will be joined at the embassy - opposite Harrods - by six models to show off outfits designed by Dame Vivienne Westwood's son, Ben

Ben Westwood, 51, (left) says he wants to highlight Assange's plight, and that some of the inspiration for the clothes has come from Assange (right) himself

The show, in September, will be a fringe event for London Fashion Week.
‘Julian’s been in the embassy for two years and it’s important that he doesn’t slip into obscurity,’ adds Ben.
Assange is not known for having any fashion sense. Author Andrew o’Hagan, who was hired to ghost-write his memoirs before falling out with him, noted how Assange wore suit trousers over a pair of Tesco tracksuit bottoms.
Which might explain his appeal to Ben’s mother Vivienne, who was an early supporter of Assange and designed an ‘I am Julian Assange’  T-shirt with which she closed her London Fashion Show two years ago.

Hollywood actor George Clooney and his lawyer fiancee, Amal Alamuddin - who has acted as part of Assange's defence team - have been invited to attend the show

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited Empty Re: Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse - George CLooney invited

Post by Nicky80 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:00

Silje wrote:

This is not a blind item but Daily Mail has an article on Julian Assange being a modell in the London Fashion Show in September.He is going to be wearing Ben Westwood outfits and the fashion show is held inside the embassy. I never stop being amazed.....

According to DM Julian has costed the British taxpayers 6 million pounds. That is a ridiculous sum of money that could have been used for better things.

George and Amal are invited to the show. Doesn't say if they are going to come or when in September.

LizzyNY wrote:IMO, if George shows up there it's just more ammunition for his opponents if he is really going into politics. Even Amal's presence would be a problem because it would remind people that Assange is her client (most people wouldn't care why). Bad idea.

Quotes moved from the blind items thread
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse  - George CLooney invited Empty Re: Julian Assange to star at London Fashion Week as a model and muse - George CLooney invited

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:01

Um....is it April 1...again ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:21

Hollywood actor George Clooney and his lawyer fiancee, Amal Alamuddin - who has acted as part of Assange's defence team - have been invited to attend the show

18-21 Sepember....before or after their wedding ??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Joanna on Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:23; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:23

It would seem so Joanna but I wouldn't be surprised if this story is true.

Just put him on a plane to Ecuador.You need your money for better things and the Swedes will forgive you. Certain people in D C might not but UK have always been one of Americas strongest allies in Europe (maybee the strongest) so what are they going to do.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:35

there is no 'limit to' indecency!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 28 Jun 2014, 14:24

I don't know whether to laugh and the absurdity of the whole story  or run out to the balcony and pull a Network ( the movie), screaming I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take anymore!!!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 15:13

"KEEP CALM and EAT CHOCOLATE"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 28 Jun 2014, 16:37

I thought it's a joke when I first read the headline.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 28 Jun 2014, 18:51

Well, I, for one, can't think of a better way to call attention to the cause of abuse of government power than by posing with six skinny women on a catwalk in an embassy hideout, during a week devoted to clothes that no one except said skinny women can wear or afford. It just screams "synergy," not to mention humility.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 28 Jun 2014, 19:15

Being a tad sarcastic are we W2O4D... Smile
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 28 Jun 2014, 19:18

Just a tad.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 28 Jun 2014, 20:09

Showing the government's abuse of power by misusing the power of the press - I guess it takes one to know one - or is it "monkey see, monkey do"? Or maybe "two wrongs don't make a right"? (So many cliches, so little time  Laughing )
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down