George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Let's Convince George to run for President!
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024, 15:27 by LizzyNY

» An open letter to George Clooney
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? EmptyThu 04 Jul 2024, 20:43 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding?

+17
bgarabedian
premiere
Rachel
LJN2606
theminis
Mazy
isogotit
Joanna
Sevens
LizzyNY
melbert
annemarie
Pita428
Cece42
PigPen
Picachu
Nicky80
21 posters

Go down

Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? Empty Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding?

Post by Nicky80 Wed 25 Jun 2014, 20:35

Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding?

“Sandra Unimpressed With Amal,” reads the headline of an OK! story that claims Sandra Bullock isn’t happy with her pal George Clooney “rushing into marriage” with Amal Alamuddin.
According to the tabloid, Bullock even suggested that Clooney “push his September nuptials back to 2015.”

“During an engagement dinner, Sandra approached Amal and started peppering her with personal questions, including whether Amal hopes to get into entertainment,” a so-called “source” tells the magazine.

Are we really supposed to believe Bullock thinks Alamuddin — a human rights lawyer — is using Clooney to get into show business?

The tab’s alleged insider adds that Clooney later told the Oscar-winning actress that “she wasn’t being gracious and that her skepticism hurt his feelings.”

Uh, huh.

Of course, OK! is the same outlet that wrongly claimed Alamuddin was worried aboutGeorge Clooney’s drinking and  falsely reported the couple were having “cold feet” about getting married.

Regardless, a source tells Gossip Cop this story is completely false, adding that Bullock has no problem with Clooney’s engagement.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? Empty Re: Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding?

Post by Picachu Wed 25 Jun 2014, 20:54

oh my thats so funny, Amal using George to get in to show business - what the hell would she do

the story is bullshit, i actually dont believe Sandra would do this
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding? Empty Re: Sandra Bullock Fears George Clooney Is “Rushing Into Marriage,” Tells Him To Postpone Wedding?

Post by PigPen Wed 25 Jun 2014, 21:28

yeah, but a friend asking what's the rush, dude makes sense.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 25 Jun 2014, 22:39

Yes, what is the rush, I think AA wants this, maybe with a push from her mother and family.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Wed 25 Jun 2014, 22:46

Hell, if it were me, we would already be married!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 25 Jun 2014, 23:19

First this is o.k , second I don't think Sandra would ever say anything to George . This paper wants to start drama. They should get married why wait they are both old enough to know what they want. I hope they do it soon so we don't have to keep reading nonsense from the tabloids.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 26 Jun 2014, 01:59

Actually I can imagine Sandra being that honest with George.  They have that kind of relationship.  Now, do I believe this story?  Not really.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 02:53

I don't think anyone, not family or friends, will ever tell George if they dislike AA or that he is making a BIG mistake by marrying her, I think they respect him too much.  So all we will see are positive things said about her.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 26 Jun 2014, 03:14

I think his real friends may have already had that talk with him. Not that they don't like her or that he shouldn't get married, but that maybe he should slow down. I think he got so caught up in the "romance" of it that he couldn't. Now he's stuck with the decisions he made because things have gone so far, so fast, and everyone's watching. I hope he truly wants to be married to her.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 26 Jun 2014, 03:18

I doubt if Sandra has met Amal yet or not...she is busy with her kid and doesn't live in LA or NY?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 03:30

She does have a home in LA,that's where she was when her home was broken  into couple of weeks ago by a stalker.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:05

Don't forget that George's Dad Nick, met and married Nina very quickly ! And at a younger age.
George has his Dad's genes, but also has more
life experience than Nick had.
His Dad didn't make a mistake, so why would George
be making one ?

Family Tradition + Love = Happy Marriage.
I like it !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Thu 26 Jun 2014, 13:40

Don't think Sandra Bullock would do this. Her and George are really good friends.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 26 Jun 2014, 14:39

And "really good friends" are the ones who would ask "Are you sure you're not rushing into this?". - and then live with the answer.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 27 Jun 2014, 01:41

Right Lizzy and then not give to the tabloids.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 27 Jun 2014, 01:46

You cant really compare George to Nick though, vastly different lifestyles, and don't forget George has already made one marriage mistake unlike Nick.  Just sayin.  I do think that by this age George is old enough, gone through enough to know what he wants and is prepared to live with the decision.  I also agree with Lizzy, good friends ask the right questions and also stand by you....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:16

didn't anyone notice the last sentence of the article? It says this story is completely false. She didn't say anything.

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Jun 2014, 13:58

LJN2606 - Actually, a "source" says the story is false, and we all know how accurate sources can be. I personally think the story is bull, but not because a source said so.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 14:53

LizzyNY wrote:LJN2606 - Actually, a "source" says the story is false, and we all know how accurate sources can be. I personally think the story is bull, but not because a source said so.
You're correct LizzyNY. We all know the 'source' is the one writing the article Smile

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Sun 29 Jun 2014, 17:30

George rushed into his first marriage - he is rushing again - I hope for him and for her its not a mistake - with that age difference you just need to get to know each other better - he needs to know, he is marrying the whole family specially the mother - time will tell
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 29 Jun 2014, 20:02

How does a man marry his wife's mother ?  confused 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 29 Jun 2014, 22:37

Joanna wrote:How does a man marry his wife's mother ?  confused 

Most of the time, a man definitely also marries his wife's mother - especially if mom and daughter are close. It works out fine if mom-in-law is a sweetheart and everyone gets along fine. Not so great if she's manipulative, ambitious for her daughter, or materialistic.

It appears that most of this on this forum are past "a certain age", and have seen/experienced a lot in life that gives us a certain perspective.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 29 Jun 2014, 23:54

premiere wrote:
Joanna wrote:How does a man marry his wife's mother ?  confused 

Most of the time, a man definitely also marries his wife's mother - especially if mom and daughter are close. It works out fine if mom-in-law is a sweetheart and everyone gets along fine. Not so great if she's manipulative, ambitious for her daughter, or materialistic.

It appears that most of this on this forum are past "a certain age", and have seen/experienced a lot in life that gives us a certain perspective.

I don't really think that "most if the time a man definitely also marries his wife's
mother" can be a true statement of fact, can it ?
I've been married twice and on both occasions there were at least 200 miles distance between my mother and me. Lol.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 Jun 2014, 00:29

It kind of is a figure of speech in that daughters GENERALLY turn out like their mothers.  Hence, look at the mother-in-law and that's who you'll be married to in 20 years.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 30 Jun 2014, 00:56

Oh glory Mel !! I took it literally.

Laughing out loud 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Mon 30 Jun 2014, 01:15

melbert wrote:It kind of is a figure of speech in that daughters GENERALLY turn out like their mothers.  Hence, look at the mother-in-law and that's who you'll be married to in 20 years.

No, that's actually not what I meant. I think if girls are close to their mothers, husbands also have to deal with how their mother-in-law thinks, their opinions, and how much influence these mothers have on their daughters - whether bad or good. I think it's naïve to think that a wife isn't going to be swayed by her mom - especially if they are close.  Of course, this is JMO.

Sorry, this is REALLY off topic!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Mon 30 Jun 2014, 07:24

George knows what he is doing and has been around over 53 years. and he is happy with his decision. If he waits any longer, he probably will back out. He is rushing a little to fast but if he really loves her, why wait. time goes by so fast, he does not want to waste anymore time. I hope this amal is right for him, but something tells me she is not. I am not sure why I feel this way but I do. I pray for George to be happy and experience a beautiful future. love you george, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 30 Jun 2014, 07:41

Most of us join your prays bg, for him to have nothing but happiness. He has given so much of himsself for other's causes. Ir is a bit un-nerving that they are have problems of money; MIND YOU IF TRUE. I'm sitting here watching and listening to many of his videos crying like a fool, hoping that he can still be true to himself. 

For all we know she might be the best thing for George, just keep praying.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:18

Rachel wrote:George rushed into his first marriage - he is rushing again - I hope for him and for her its not a mistake - with that age difference you just need to get to know each other better - he needs to know, he is marrying the whole family specially the mother - time will tell
I agree wholeheartedly. If he had been going out with her as long as he dated Stacey it would be understandable and well considered. The fast engagement to Amal is ridiculous but even more troubling is the way he had Stan leak the pictures of them on Safari, in the Maldives and the engagement ring pics. The way he is milking it all for publicity is really quite offputting.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:36

I don't know if this story is true, but I also think it would be advisable to have longer engagement.

Not that it would be impossible to fall in love quickly, but because of George's looooong history of relationships. 

Even in regular (not romantic) relationships with people (friends, co-workers etc), it happens that you have one perception of a person, and then....you completely change the perception when you see a person in different circumstances. Human relations are fragile.

I think when you plan to spend the rest of your life with someone (this sounds so definite  Shocked ), you have to be sure it's the right person. Timing is everything, really. I would not like to see George divorcing again. He is an artistic, free spirit who needs space to express himself. At least this is how I perceived him so far.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Jun 2014, 14:04

It takes two people to be engaged. He's not the only one "rushing." Amal supposedly played hard to get -- a PR story, IMO -- but she did enough differently that George felt the thrill of the chase, which I think is the most fun part of relationships for him. But, really, no man asks a woman to marry him if he thinks she's going to say 'no," so he was getting the right signals from her after a short time in their relationship. Refusing dates to engaged in the course of half a year is not "hard to get" by any stretch of the imagination.

That's why this all feels forced and rushed to me. "Orchestrated" is the word that comes to my mind. If I believed any of the backstory, or even half of the 'candid' photos, and if George hadn't had an 'off' year (for him), I'd be a lot less skeptical.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Jun 2014, 14:46

Yeah Right   Thanks Way 2.  Perfectly stated.   To avoid disasters on the marriage front, with 50% divorce rate, in my neck of the forest, if a couple wants a church wedding ( oh, George would love this), the couple has to register with the Pastor and wait 12 months before the wedding!!!  One of the reasoning is the couple needs to really know each other esp while wedding plans are being made, as arguments tend to surface when stressed.  Those who object are asked plain out "What's the rush?"

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 30 Jun 2014, 16:33

PigPen wrote:Yeah Right   Thanks Way 2.  Perfectly stated.   To avoid disasters on the marriage front, with 50% divorce rate, in my neck of the forest, if a couple wants a church wedding ( oh, George would love this), the couple has to register with the Pastor and wait 12 months before the wedding!!!  One of the reasoning is the couple needs to really know each other esp while wedding plans are being made, as arguments tend to surface when stressed.  Those who object are asked plain out "What's the rush?"
Interesting, PigPen  Very Happy I didn't know you have to wait for 12 months after registering with the Pastor. But - this is, of course, an intelligent thing to do. George - wait for 12 months, please  Not worthy  Not worthy  Not worthy  Not worthy  Hug1
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 30 Jun 2014, 16:49

Pigpen - It's a shame they don't belong to your church.

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Jun 2014, 18:33

C-A-T-H-O-L-I-C.   George's favorite gang to hang with!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 30 Jun 2014, 19:00

I guess he still could be called a lapsed Catholic. No matter what he has said and done they haven't kicked him out of the church,yet, have they? Can you imagine his first confession if he ever went back? He'd be there for weeks!  lol! 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Jun 2014, 19:05

Ha!

They'd have to bring in backup priests and the guy who passes out the Gatorade.

"He's on 2004! I can't do this one-on-one! We're gonna have to play a zone!"

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Jun 2014, 19:10

There is a running joke that we have for people who have been away for a long time. They include
1. Football helmet will be provided in case you're afraid the roof will cave in when you finally come back to church
2. We provide meals and bathroom breaks for those who have been away from confession
3. bed cots will be provided for those who complain that Sunday is their only day to sleep late.
4.For those who complain they can't come because they're making dinner for a Sunday family dinner- tv dinners will be provided at the door.

who says we don't have a sense of humor!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 30 Jun 2014, 19:49

I wonder if Sandra called George and said "hey the gossip isn't true I wish you all the best and please invite me to the wedding" Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 30 Jun 2014, 19:50

I just remembered something he said about jumping off his bunkbed with gravel in his shoes to do penance for his sins when he was a little kid. Can you imagine what he'd have to do now? If he had to make an act of contrition for every sin he's committed it would take him the rest of his life, plus a few years. Maybe that's why he hasn't gone back. (Just kidding)

@ Nicky - She didn't have to call him. I'm sure he knows its bullshit and she's still on the guest list.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 30 Jun 2014, 20:07

Catholic Church forgives all sins, and good deeds also count!  Halo So, I'm sure George's first confession wouldn't be a problem.

Was he married in the church before (with Talia Balsam)? I could not find this info.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 30 Jun 2014, 20:19

@Butterfly, I copied your post above in the Talia Balsam thread below in order to stay on topic here. Maybe somebody will answer your question there.  Thumbs up! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 30 Jun 2014, 20:32

Mazy wrote:Most of us join your prays bg, for him to have nothing but happiness. He has given so much of himsself for other's causes. Ir is a bit un-nerving that they are have problems of money; MIND YOU IF TRUE. I'm sitting here watching and listening to many of his videos crying like a fool, hoping that he can still be true to himself. 

For all we know she might be the best thing for George, just keep praying.

@ Mazy
Mazy Darling Mazy, you would need a heart made of a swinging brick not to feel your concern, I do, many do….. but you just have to stand back from the fire…. Why worry about something you cannot control or do anything about…. it’s like wishing for it not to rain…. totes outside our remit.

Added to that …. we could all be flying up the wrong path…. 
So is it love, like we all hope for….who knows?

What I do know is that familiarity is a comfort, Stacy we knew, engagement there would have been a shock, but an acceptable shock…. Amal, was a real shocker to all, no matter how much an equal, we just did not know her, and added to that, unlike Amazon, we were over sold and under delivered, and we all rushed to tell him!….. but he already knew,  and still chose Amal…..Give him the benefit of the doubt, that he knows more than we do…..

So Mazy here is the thing (as himself would say)… You Mazy are a true pioneer in the world of social media and real human rights…nobody has ever bought me up to date quicker than you, and I hear from many, even on the ground.
Tonight I watched the France V Nigeria world cup football match peering through the crowd to see NO banner NO  T-Shirt saying “Bring our Girls Back”. Not one celeb, NOBODY….
I saw nothing.
Todays captive girls (234), are tomorrows Isis extremists.
And still nothing.
Mazy, I am not telling you to abandon George, but with your wisdom look further a field.
George will still be here when you get back(single, married, divorced) from your internet pioneering….. many celebs are looking genuinely for some place to hang their hats… go for it, grab their attention, as only you can….
You have a heart too big for just George.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Jul 2014, 04:18

WWHS it isn't as much as George getting married (he has a right to be)  it's also relating to something Lorna said awhile back. I feel like we are going to be losing a lot of the his visibility and spending more time away from the US. We are going to have longer ander periods of time without hearing from him Last year when he was making MM we were getting almost daily up-dates. 

But believe me if this is the lady (I have nothing against her, don't even know her) that is going to make his life complere, I will be happy for him honestly. I think we all just want what is in his best interest a long time loving someone you worry, he is a very special person.

@Lizzy I think we relate to George's religion as a "Non Practicing Catholic"
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Jul 2014, 04:49

Thanks, Mazy, for the info. And don't worry too much about seeing him in the press. As long as he's acting he'll have to promote his movies so there will be plenty of coverage.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down