George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

SUMMER REWATCH: One Fine Day Discussion

+6
Picachu
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
it's me
Joanna
Missa
10 posters

Go down

SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion Empty SUMMER REWATCH: One Fine Day Discussion

Post by Missa Mon 16 Jun 2014, 19:16

Any difference in your opinion this time around?  

I found his "tics" (dipping his head, tilting it to one side, this thing with his teeth/lips/jaw meant to indicate irritation or annoyance that I can't quite explain) to be SO such more noticeable given the distance of time and the fact that's he's pretty much outgrown all of them.   And he's just overall a miles-better actor than he was then.  He's basically playing himself, or at least the public persona he had at the time: charming, lovable, funny, not great relationship material.  

But that kiss.  I would give my right arm to be Michelle Pfeiffer up against that wall, still.  

I think it's a pretty good film; it is what it is.  Romantic comedies are so hard to do well, and this one's enjoyable.  

What did you all think?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion Empty Re: SUMMER REWATCH: One Fine Day Discussion

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jun 2014, 19:31

Yes it's a great funny light film....no deep thinking involved either. Yes he was Dr Ross off duty, but still lovely with it. The camera just loves him.
(He has improved as an actor over the years which shows commitment...and talent of course.)

I LOVE the scene in the child centre.....
with The Bag !!
"Where can I get a bag like that ?" puzzled expression.
Priceless !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

SUMMER REWATCH:  One Fine Day Discussion Empty Re: SUMMER REWATCH: One Fine Day Discussion

Post by Missa Mon 16 Jun 2014, 19:48

That is a good line, Joanna. I also like the scene in the car when he's pretending to be on the phone with a woman, but it's really Charles During on the other end.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jun 2014, 20:57

But only us females would appreciate the
last five minutes....in the bathroom.
I've done something like that, in the past,
but minimally !

Did I read something recently where George said
they didn't use real cats & kittens ?
Mel is sure to remember !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jun 2014, 21:03

PS....I love these "trivia" snippets.

Sorry I don't know how to use the SPOILER alert,
but it may be applicable before watching the film.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jun 2014, 21:57

looooove this movie !!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 16 Jun 2014, 23:11

I watched it again yesterday.  

Loved the bag comment - "where can I get one" too!

I don't know but that kitten he was holding at the soccer game looked pretty real to me.  

Funny how men and women have these preconceived ideas (based on their experiences) that seem to get in the way of any new relationship.

They both thought the other was different than they really were.  I guess this happens in many relationships.

But it does follow one of Hollywood's favorite rom com formulas almost to a "T."

Boy meets girl,
Girl meets boy.

Boy doesn't like girl, thinks she's a snob.
Girl doesn't like boy, thinks he's a childish flirt.

Boy saves the cat - literally or figuratively,
Girl sees boy in a different light.

Girl impresses the boy,
Boy sees girl differently.

Boy and girl start to like each other but won't admit it to each other and we're off....

And the audience likes them both so they go with the flow of the film.

I remember George saying that the film didn't do well opening weekend but he said it was up against some major blockbusters and this just wasn't a blockbuster type of film.

I liked it.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Jun 2014, 20:33

I've seen this a couple of times in the last few weeks. The first time I just relaxed and enjoyed it, but the second time I started noticing things that annoyed me. The "tics" that Missa mentioned for one - especially the head tilting and always looking down - what was that all about?

What bugged me the most was when she was in the bathroom trying to pull herself together and she takes time to SHAVE HER LEGS! Why? What did she think was going to happen with their two kids in the next room?

I have to say, my favorite scene in the movie is when he goes to pick up his daughter and she won't leave without a kitten. I love the interaction between them. That scene is so sweet and so real I could imagine him being like that with his own kids.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:00

me too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:44

I always wanted him to throw me over his shoulder and carry me around, sadly if he tried he would break his neck Smile
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 17 Jun 2014, 23:18

It was on TV the past weekend. I enjoy it a lot!!! as it was time ago that I had not seen the movie.

Well, George, Jack, lovely and cute as hell. Put a child besides George and is the most cutest thing in the world. 
Love the car scene, very funny LOL and also in the child center, Melanie taking out so many things from the bag. Who was her, Mary Poppins?  lol!  Jack´s fascinating face looking at her.

The scene with the cat was priceless. And Jack all the time petting the cat. 

When Melanie lost Maggie.. omg.

When he decided to buy new fishes for Sammy´s and went to their home. I love how Maggie looked at her father when he decided take the invitating to get into the apartment. Like, C´mon dad, she likes you too. LOL That young age childs don´t do things like that.

I can picture all of us drooling during the scene of the kiss.    drool3  I love you We would give anything for be Michelle Pfeiffer in that moment (but a longer kiss)

It´s a very nice movie. Very lovely Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 17 Jun 2014, 23:32

sigh...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 17 Jun 2014, 23:39

Yes I like the kiss on the sofa . Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 18 Jun 2014, 04:15

Amaretti I don't remember a kiss on the sofa in this film.  :-)

There was a kiss where she had her back against the wall and then they almost kiss after the kids interrupt them, but the only thing happening on the sofa was the two of the sleeping. 

Or did I get the wrong version of this film?  Is there an extended version or a director's cut?  If so I want my money back from Netflix!  HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 18 Jun 2014, 06:20

Ha yourself . You are correct .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 18 Jun 2014, 06:26

Today my gym was running " Intolerable Cruelty " too funny . Great for cardio .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:43

LizzyNY wrote:I've seen this a couple of times in the last few weeks. The first time I just relaxed and enjoyed it, but the second time I started noticing things that annoyed me. The "tics" that Missa mentioned for one - especially the head tilting and always looking down - what was that all about?
Yup, same here. He's toned down those tics, but the head tilt still features in every film, as does the head bob. I imagine these are gestures he makes in real life too and just can't lose them on screen.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 18 Jun 2014, 19:28

Director David O. Russell used George's 'tilt and bob' against him as an insult on the set of Three Kings, when George called Russell on his mistreatment of the crew. The smackdown came a day later.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down