George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice

+23
Duffy
Missa
Picachu
amaretti
PigPen
lionheart
isogotit
Carla97
Maggy
fava
annemarie
happycat
Way2Old4Dis
Nicky80
Joanna
Katiedot
Margaret
Alisonfan
bamboochacha
LornaDoone
Jenn
theminis
party animal - not!
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice

Post by fava Fri 30 May 2014, 14:38

Way2Old4Dis wrote:(1) It looks like a new hoodie, at least.

(2) This is starting to feel more and more like the 'drop anything you're doing and come with me' aspect of George's old relationships.
Re number 2)-- I hope not. I think she will resent it if that's the path she takes. She is too accomplished not to keep forging her own career --even if it evolves to fit their schedule as a couple.

A lot of posters seem to be worried George is dancing to her tune. I don't see if myself and don't believe the stories about selling houses and dieting. She is a woman in love with an older , richer and famous man. Most likely he calls most of the shots.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice

Post by LornaDoone Fri 30 May 2014, 14:58

fava you just agreed with Way2 point #2. :-)

if George is calling the shots, then it's the same as all his other relationships.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 30 May 2014, 15:20

In the photos with others, he looks tired or strained.  Or was it the vino?

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Fri 30 May 2014, 15:35

It's George after all. He needs to lead. But whether or not she'll listen to him it's a different story. haha

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 30 May 2014, 15:46

(2) This is starting to feel more and more like the 'drop anything you're doing and come with me' aspect of George's old relationships.

I could have said that! Et alors? Never mind we all know LOL
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 30 May 2014, 18:37

Carla97 wrote:

I could have said that! Et alors? Never mind we all know LOL

Of course you could have. Anybody could say anything.

But I did say it. I don't get your comment, though. Please enlighten me. (I know what "Et alors" means, so I don't need a translation; just an explanation.)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 30 May 2014, 19:50

I think that was just her roundabout way of agreeing with you, W2O4D.

Yep, this is starting to look like all his other relationships.

Still, I can't help but be happy to see some pictures of George after a George-free week.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 31 May 2014, 03:05

Always happy to see pics of George -

From appearances it does look like Amal is dropping everything to fly around the globe with him, but I think its more like I have a few days off why not go join my fiancée!.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 31 May 2014, 03:32

Oh baby. Ya hooooo

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 May 2014, 04:13

{George is the fiancé. Amal is the fiancée.}

Look, if she still has the time off, fine. But we know she has the panel to prepare for, at the least. I'm assuming there are some wheels turning somewhere in other cases, even if she doesn't have to be in court. Sure, she can work out of the office, while traveling. But this is clearly not the woman who was too busy to give George Clooney the time of day. They can't sell that bill of goods anymore.

When I see George get comfortable in his lady's home (vs them staying at his homes when with him, while he stays in a hotel when on her turf), and not need the other couples or crowds or fancy getaways, it will look more like real love to me.

This looks like the Clooney Treatment, with a ring.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 31 May 2014, 06:16

Way2 agree. He rarely if ever seems to stay with them, they stay with him at one of his homes or in hotels.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 31 May 2014, 10:24

Yep, so agree. This looks so much like all of his previous relationships, doesn't it?

Which brings up a question that's been bugging me for a long time. I think most of us are familiar with my (oft-repeated) opinion that George hasn't looked particularly happy out in public with any of his girlfriends for the past 12+ years (since Celine, basically). Yes, of course there are happy snaps with George and every ex, but these are the minority of pictures and outnumbered by the pictures where they look like they're strangers to each other or just had a screaming row.

So, are we right to assume - as we mostly have - that those relationships have not been happy for him and that once again he's in a relationship that's making him unhappy, or should we accept that this is simply how he looks and behaves with a woman he cares about? That, no matter what we think, this is how a functional, happy relationship looks to George Clooney?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 May 2014, 13:10

I think the photos from the beginning of his relationship with Amal showed a genuine attraction, the infatuation with her 'different' qualities and elements of unique 'beauty.' But now that she has (seemingly) become very much like the previous conquests, we get the characteristic Clooney interaction -- she has a role to play in his life, and as long as she does it, he's content.

But to answer your question more specifically, I don't think George really knows what a functional, happy relationship means, for him. He's seen them with his friends and parents, but hasn't learned it for himself. There is no way to be happy in a relationship without being happy outside of one. And I think George knows how to bring the happy to everything in his life except his romantic relationships. So I don't think the relationships make him unhappy; they just highlight how difficult it is for him to be happy.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 31 May 2014, 13:17

i just dont get all this talk about unhappy relationships, how can a handfull of pictures suddenly mean im not happy, im bored or whatever, the man is getting married, if he doesnt do pda in public - who cares, seriously there are times i get so frustrated when i see the analysis of each relationship and think what a load of nonsense, no one here knows these two people and you have no idea whatsoever what goes on behind closed doors. they could as soon as the door is shut be ripping each others clothes off and spending the next 5 hours in bed, you just dont know.

Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 31 May 2014, 13:27

Yep! Overanalysis of some two-minute pap shots now making somebody a bunch of money......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 May 2014, 13:34

Where is this money being made? I want my cut.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Sat 31 May 2014, 14:06

All going to the sentinel project. Smile

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 31 May 2014, 14:12

To play devil's advocate, he DID fly to her in London and take her somewhere I assume she wanted to go (I don't really picture George snuggling up with a cup of tea and chuckling at the Dowager Countess' antics on a Sunday night), which is unusual for him. And I believe it was said over at Celebitchy that Amal's mother lives with her, so maybe the two of them moved to a hotel suite to avoid the "three's a crowd" situation, especially when making up for a week apart, ahem. Wink AND the article with the pictures says they were eating at 11:45 p.m., which boggles my mind but may explain the overall look of tiredness from both of them.

That said, maybe he is starting to fall back into old patterns. It was different when they were both working in London, and she had lots of time off, but now that she's getting back into the swing of work and he's setting up shop in Como...it's getting harder. He may have to decide if he wants free and easy or meaningful and challenging. Frankly, she doesn't look entirely thrilled in those pictures, and there might be a "This isn't what I signed up for," feeling for her as well.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 31 May 2014, 14:26

Thank you ladies for expressing what I've felt ( and been a little reluctant to express) since the engagement. It doesn't feel right. She is the busy barrister, yet was with him in Washington, Cabo, NY, safari, etc, and now Italy. Yes, some was vacation, everyone is entitled to time off. But, IMO, it's always felt as if she dropped everything early on to be a Clooney Gal, and in this particular case.. it worked. But with the new rumor that he is interested in politics, are we now seeing the "arrangement"? My brain is beginning to fry. But, whatever his plan, reasons, good luck to them. If it's an arrangement, I'm sure it has been thought out well.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sat 31 May 2014, 15:00

I'm not really sure anything has been thought out well. Seems all a bit rushed to me. I keep coming back to the comment made (think it was Lainey's site where I first saw it, but it has been mentioned elsewhere) where Nick supposedly cautioned George that he shouldn't 'trifle' with this one (meaning Amal), that doing so would damage her both personally and professionally. I wonder if George has looked around at his married friends and his parents, taken his father's words of wisdom to heart, and figured the best thing to do was to ask her to marry him. Not sure they've had enough time to really get to know one another yet or think beyond the next few months.

On the plus side, over the next few months, she'll be subjected to movie-star-level scrutiny (like the pics in the restaurant window) at every turn. If she can handle that with grace, anything else should be a cakewalk.

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 31 May 2014, 15:10

He does seem to be falling into his old patterns--what 53 year old man doesn't? I think it is very hard to change entirely, even when he has stronger feelings for this woman. He has aspects of his life he likes and does not want to change.

If I was engaged to him not sure I would be so happy to visit the haunts he visited with other women, but I guess with George you would have to get over that because there are so many previous women you would have to accept his past and move on.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 31 May 2014, 15:52

To that regard fava, there are plenty of ghosts at all of his homes, bedroom must be really crowded. Hey movie buffs, help me on this one...there is an old movie (possibly Julia Roberts), takes place at a gathering of women when the lead actress shouts to those in the room "has anyone NOT slept with my boyfriend?" Anyone else remember the film?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 31 May 2014, 16:02

Steel Magnolias? Or more Sex in the City?

Duffy, I remember the Lainey article, and the way it was phrased it was as tho his folks and Amal had met up on numerous occasions and talked human rights. Made me wonder if they had met her before him at another event, and they'd told him about her...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 May 2014, 16:08

Something to Talk About. Julia Roberts, with Dennis Quaid as the extremely sociable lady husband.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 31 May 2014, 16:13

Thanks. It would have kept me up tonight.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sat 31 May 2014, 16:14

Not sure PAN, guess you could take it any which way. To me, it seemed like after Cabo, his parents might have left with the impression that she was quite different from his other girlfriends and that he should think about treating her very differently so as not to have her name dragged through the mud like all the others. I think the deliberate 'unveiling' of the relationship/engagement has been very calculated and done with the intent to protect Amal as much as possible from the internet/media vitriol. Can't blame him at all for that. I'm just hoping that all intentions are true, and that this engagement/wedding is what they want, not just something that everyone else wants/expects for them.

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 31 May 2014, 16:16

Ah yes, with Kyra Sedgwick who played the sister who knees Dennis Quaid.

But we've digressed. Any more thoughts on how much the pap made for these pictures of George and Amal having dinner in Venice?

What could they have eaten? What was the wine I wonder? (Notice I didn't say WHINE). And what does Gio really think of having dinner with the boss man and his fiance? Hmm?

See how I dragged this puppy right back on target? Katie would be sooooo pleased!

Done my mod duties for the day off to the flicks!
Tata folks!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 May 2014, 16:25

extremely sociable lady

... That would be "S--L--U--T"

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 31 May 2014, 16:33

Another point of view regarding photos... did the paps have to pay George a stippen to take them (if he did call them to leak his location). After all, getting good shots of them together have been rare, and would bring $$$ in the selling. As pointed out, no exiting restaurant photos. They got the window seats opportunity then split.

Gio ..cool dude, goes with the flow. Has hung out with Sarah and Elisabetta and many others. He's good with it.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 31 May 2014, 18:12

Sorry for going off topic again:

Missa wrote: To play devil's advocate, he DID fly to her in London and take her somewhere I assume she wanted to go (I don't really picture George snuggling up with a cup of tea and chuckling at the Dowager Countess' antics on a Sunday night)
It was denied that they went to Highclere castle, which, fair enough, may or may not be true (by which I mean maybe they did go but didn't like the publicity so denied it, or perhaps the denial was true and they didn't go). While George was filming MM it was mentioned that he liked Downton Abbey and said so to Hugh Bonneville. Of course, that could have been so much guff to make a co star feel comfortable.

Missa wrote:And I believe it was said over at Celebitchy that Amal's mother lives with her
Incorrectly, I think. Amal's mother's friend says she always stays over at what used to be Amal's room so I'm pretty sure she lives in her own place.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 31 May 2014, 19:05

Does any of this make sense to anyone? Denials, counter denials, leaks from a source for the Daily Mail. Ouch. Just get married already and be done with it. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a bitch, but this story is getting more bizarre as the days go by. So unlike George, whether he has suddenly grown up or not. And yet, I'm following it as much as the next person. Go figure.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 31 May 2014, 19:23

Duffy wrote:I'm not really sure anything has been thought out well. Seems all a bit rushed to me. I keep coming back to the comment made (think it was Lainey's site where I first saw it, but it has been mentioned elsewhere) where Nick supposedly cautioned George that he shouldn't 'trifle' with this one (meaning Amal), that doing so would damage her both personally and professionally. I wonder if George has looked around at his married friends and his parents, taken his father's words of wisdom to heart, and figured the best thing to do was to ask her to marry him. Not sure they've had enough time to really get to know one another yet or think beyond the next few months.

On the plus side, over the next few months, she'll be subjected to movie-star-level scrutiny (like the pics in the restaurant window) at every turn. If she can handle that with grace, anything else should be a cakewalk.

Maybe he meant it in a different way, as in get out.
His poor Mother may have been "dazed and confused" by the news, she thought she had met her a year ago, nice lady was in shock! and said some inappropriate stuff about former GF, possibly again not meant the way it came out, maybe the reverse of how it all sounded. Shock does that to you. Rolling Eyes 

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 31 May 2014, 19:34

Nina  does not do shocked.  She is well versed in speaking to the press, posing for photos with any of his girlfriends and giving a well rehearsed "look of approval" .
I am quite confident  she and Nick always know what to say, who to say it to ( in this case, anyone in the press) and how to say it.  Even the alleged digs to former GFs.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Sat 31 May 2014, 20:22

fava wrote:He does seem to be falling into his old patterns--what 53 year old man doesn't?  I think it is very hard to change entirely, even when he has stronger feelings for this woman.  He has aspects of his life he likes and does not want to change.

If I was engaged to him not sure I would be so happy to visit the haunts he visited with other women, but I guess with George you would have to get over that because there are so many previous women you would have to accept his past and move on.

Regardless of the fact that it is "George Clooney", I think it would be very tough to handle the fact that he has had such a public parade of women, along with the private ones, to not have trouble with it, even if you keep that locked up deep inside. Some of your self-respect must be compromised.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 31 May 2014, 20:24

fava wrote:He does seem to be falling into his old patterns--what 53 year old man doesn't?  I think it is very hard to change entirely, even when he has stronger feelings for this woman.  He has aspects of his life he likes and does not want to change.

They'd have to move to the North Pole to avoid that, and even then, I bet Mrs. Claus would be like, "Yeah, I hit that."  Wink 

Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 31 May 2014, 20:27

HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 31 May 2014, 20:43

..........a young or very well preserved Mrs Claus of course........

there has to have been a degree of acceptance tho.

Because after all she was the one he proposed to!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 31 May 2014, 22:18

This topic has gone to hell and the north pole and back. I give up!

Nice pictures.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sun 01 Jun 2014, 00:11

Hell, hhhmmm, if Satan has a woman perhaps George has been there as well.

Sorry, the devil made me do it!  Twisted Evil 
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 01 Jun 2014, 00:52

LornaDoone wrote:This topic has gone to hell and the north pole and back.  I give up!

Nice pictures.

They ALL do any more...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 01 Jun 2014, 21:29

Well they had a lovely dinner .  Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 02 Jun 2014, 00:52

Ive read many articles stating that Amal looks like an older version of Anne Hathaway. Anne must be thrilled!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 02 Jun 2014, 13:51

playfuldeb wrote:Ive read many articles stating that Amal looks like an older version of Anne Hathaway. Anne must be thrilled!
Ouch! for Amal at the "older Anne Hathaway." I think she is not that many years older (4?)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 02 Jun 2014, 16:09

I've moved the posts about Amal's parents possibly being her role model for an open marriage to this new thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2