George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20

3 posters

Go down

Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 Empty Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20

Post by Nicky80 Thu 15 May 2014, 16:41

Did we have this already posted? Not sure. I want that DVD I want to see all the behind the scenes hehe  Twisted Evil 

[size=36]George Clooney and Matt Damon Gush About Cate Blanchett in Behind-the-Scenes Monuments MenClip—Watch![/size]

Who doesn't love Cate Blanchett?

Well, clearly we can count George Clooney and Matt Damon among her admirers.

In this exclusive sneak peek at a special feature on the upcoming Blu-ray/DVD release ofThe Monuments Men, the two men happily sing their costars' praises.

"I think of her as one of the two greatest living actors in the game. She and Meryl [Streep]," says Clooney, who directed the film. "And I feel lucky that she was willing to do the part. Cate and I did The Good German several years ago."
Damon, meanwhile, gives a perfect example of Blanchett's talents.

"Jean Dujardin was watching one of her scenes and says, 'She seems French,'" he recalls. "When you're playing somebody from another country, speaking at times in another language, and then speaking English with that accent, and you're fooling one of the great actors from that country, I think you're operating at a pretty high level."

No wonder the 45-year-old actress picked up her second Oscar earlier this year.

Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 Empty Re: Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20

Post by Mazy Fri 16 May 2014, 04:06

Putting this here because I don't want to put in new thread also it is sort of related.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20 Empty Re: Monuments Men will be available on Blu-ray and DVD on May 20

Post by Joanna Fri 16 May 2014, 06:47

I believe May 20 is the release date of DVD in USA.

UK is still 9 June, which is 3 days after D Day landings date in 1944.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 16 May 2014, 07:47

Oh in June...much longer wait  Sad But good timing to do it after D Day  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 20 May 2014, 16:21

Some promotion for the DVD release. Not sure if we have seen the video clip already

[size=32]Double the Clooney, double the 'Monuments Men' fun[/size]

Bill Murray, Bob Balaban and Cate Blanchett discuss their co-star and director George Clooney in an exclusive clip from the bonus features of "The Monuments Men," out on Blu-ray and DVD May 20. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

George Clooney pulled double duty on the World War II drama Monuments Men, and it meant twice the enjoyment for his co-stars.

Based on a true story, the movie stars Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, John Goodman and others as a motley military platoon ordered to go into Germanyand rescue artistic masterpieces captured by the Nazis. Clooney directed the film — and wrote the script with Grant Heslov — plus plays the crew's leader, Lt. Frank Stokes.

The Blu-ray/DVD release out Tuesday is headlined by the featurette "George Clooney's Mission" focusing on the A-lister's efforts to bring the real-life Monuments Men's harrowing story to the screen.

Clooney is seen joking and laughing in the middle of filming, but co-star Bob Balabanmentions that at the same time "he's really very serious, studies hard, knows what he's doing."

Cate Blanchett enjoyed that lightness Clooney brought to the set, however "he's absolutely aware of the gravitas of the journey of the Monuments Men," she says. "Those two forces that are at war within Mr. Clooney produce a really unique energy."

Murray found that good actors can be good directors — and Clooney's definitely the latter, according to Murray — yet he liked that his boss was down for the fun.

"If you're not having fun, you shouldn't be here," Murray says. "You should be doing something else for a living."

Other bonus features on the Monuments Men Blu-ray include deleted scenes, a casting featurette, a piece on Blanchett as the woman among this band of brothers, and an interview with Henry Ettinger, one of the last surviving Monuments Men, for an extra focusing on the true-life personalities.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 20 May 2014, 16:26

Here is more with regards to the new DVD coming out soon

Exclusive: How Did Clooney Lure Bill Murray to 'Monuments Men'?

Taking a cue from his Ocean's Eleven movies, George Clooney assembled the ultimate cast for his World War II saga The Monuments Men, including Matt DamonCate BlanchettJohn GoodmanJean Dujardin, Hugh Bonneville and Bob Balaban. But how did he land the ever-elusive, super-picky Bill Murray? Watch our exclusive clip from the new Monuments Men Blu-ray, out Tuesday, to find out...

Based on the true story of the greatest treasure hunt in history, The Monuments Men follows an unlikely World War II platoon, tasked by FDR with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. With the art trapped behind enemy lines and the German army ordered to destroy everything as the Reich fell, seven museum directors, curators, and art historians find themselves risking their lives in a race against time to defend mankind’s greatest achievements.

Special features on The Monuments Men Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack include George Clooney’s Mission and Marshaling the Cast, while Blu-ray exclusives include deleted scenes and the featurettesThe Real Monuments Men and A Woman Amongst the Monuments Men.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 20 May 2014, 19:09

Oh get a move on June 9 do !

Too slow...Too slow.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 21 May 2014, 01:54

I got mine I didn't want them to run out hahaha
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 21 May 2014, 07:59

Coolio
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down